NBA/MLB/NHL: Postponed games from boycott because of shooting...

They don’t like the bubble and the white dudes on the Mavs are making them look bad.  

This shooting gives them perfect cover to take their ball and go home.  

No impact on my life.  If the Lakers and Bucks were playing in my backyard, I would close the blinds and turn on the sprinklers.  

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Tree of Knowledge said:

They don’t like the bubble and the white dudes on the Mavs are making them look bad.  

This shooting gives them perfect cover to take their ball and go home.  

No impact on my life.  If the Lakers and Bucks were playing in my backyard, I would close the blinds and turn on the sprinklers.  

Pretty soon the Lakers will be playing in Staples.  Not Staples Center, but an actual Staples.

7 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

Lakers and clippers won’t play rest of season in protest. Players are gonna be pissed when they don’t get paid 

https://www.bet.com/news/sports/2020/08/26/lakers-clippers-vote-not-to-play-remainder-of-nba-season-jacob-blake-shooting.html?cid=facebook

Owners lose. Players lose. Investers lose. Liberal basketball reporters....Everyone except those who don't work for or with the NBA in some capacity. So basically the overwhelming majority of this country. Like me. I call this a win/win situation. :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, Utilit99 said:

Anyone else protesting by not showing up to work?

I would, but I wouldn't get paid.  Must be nice.  :thumbsup:

If they’re serious, they should protest the rest of the year, or until no black men are ever killed by police. 
I too will protest the NBA until black men stop resisting arrest. 

A world without the NBA is a world I want to live in. 

Oh yeah? Well I’m going to boycott you right back! 

So the guy was shot on Sunday, why wait until Wednesday to boycott?  The Bucks played Monday night, why not boycott then?

3 minutes ago, posty said:

So the guy was shot on Sunday, why wait until Wednesday to boycott?  The Bucks played Monday night, why not boycott then?

And they can't leave the bubble, so exactly how did they "protest"?  

Can you imagine if you made the NBA and it was your lifelong dream job, and you were a conservative republican? 

That must suck.

The only solution as I see it is if they start their own league, with a focus on social justice. After all, it’s bigger than the game (their words). Maybe start one in China? They seem to like China. No systematic racism there. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The only solution as I see it is if they start their own league, with a focus on social justice. After all, it’s bigger than the game (their words). Maybe start one in China? They seem to like China. No systematic racism there. 

Perhaps they could play in the ghetto.  Make some real change.

• Haha 1

Just now, Gladiators said:

Perhaps they could play in the ghetto.  Make some real change.

But they love those glamorous arenas they play in,  built by the “system” they now rail against. China is good at construction. They build lots of stuff. I’m sure the CCP will gladly build them a few palaces to play in. Maybe not 30, but hey, social justice is more important than the game. 

16 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

But they love those glamorous arenas they play in,  built by the “system” they now rail against. China is good at construction. They build lots of stuff. I’m sure the CCP will gladly build them a few palaces to play in. Maybe not 30, but hey, social justice is more important than the game. 

Pangolin and bats sure beat the junk they get in the Disney bubble.  

I guess I’m the only one pissed off by this protest.  Making money by betting on the nba is essentially a second job for me.  This bullsh1t is hurting my bottom line. :mad:

2 minutes ago, Big Blue 06 said:

I guess I’m the only one pissed off by this protest.  Making money by betting on the nba is essentially a second job for me.  This bullsh1t is hurting my bottom line. :mad:

Sports books, tv networks, advertisers and sponsors all lose at least a little cash when they boycott.  I guess that's what they were after, but I think it's strange that they're boycotting because of the Kenosha case.  

2 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Sports books, tv networks, advertisers and sponsors all lose at least a little cash when they boycott.  I guess that's what they were after, but I think it's strange that they're boycotting because of the Kenosha case.  

I hope the owners give them whatever they want to let th me finish the season.  After the season, the owners can tell them to sod off and I’m okay with it.

its bad enough that corona killed March Madness.  That’s a gold mine.

3 minutes ago, Big Blue 06 said:

I hope the owners give them whatever they want to let th me finish the season.  After the season, the owners can tell them to sod off and I’m okay with it.

its bad enough that corona killed March Madness.  That’s a gold mine.

I'm with ya, but for a slightly different reason.  I don't bet on games, but the basketball card market moves with on court performance.  I was looking to sell a good chunk of unopened boxes once they got to the second round.  If they cancel at this point, I'll just have to hold until next season.  The baseball game cancellations sucked for similar reasons.  They already have enough problems getting all 60 games in.  Now this crap.  

2 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

I'm with ya, but for a slightly different reason.  I don't bet on games, but the basketball card market moves with on court performance.  I was looking to sell a good chunk of unopened boxes once they got to the second round.  If they cancel at this point, I'll just have to hold until next season.  The baseball game cancellations sucked for similar reasons.  They already have enough problems getting all 60 games in.  Now this crap.  

My cousin does that with basketball cards.  He showed me some Doncic rookie card that was on eBay and sold for $200 or so. 

he said he had 150 of them last year, had $10 in them and after he had them graded, sold them for $40 each.

clearly, he has some regrets 😂

2 minutes ago, Big Blue 06 said:

My cousin does that with basketball cards.  He showed me some Doncic rookie card that was on eBay and sold for $200 or so. 

he said he had 150 of them last year, had $10 in them and after he had them graded, sold them for $40 each.

clearly, he has some regrets 😂

He's not alone.  I sold all my Luka cards just before the restart.  I made a decent profit, but they've gone through the roof since.

Look where they are now:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=luka+rookie+prizm+psa+10&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

3 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

He's not alone.  I sold all my Luka cards just before the restart.  I made a decent profit, but they've gone through the roof since.

Look where they are now:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=luka+rookie+prizm+psa+10&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

I won’t show him that or he’ll be looking for the nearest tall building to jump off of. 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Utilit99 said:

Can you imagine if you made the NBA and it was your lifelong dream job, and you were a conservative republican? 

That must suck.

Or to fall in love with the game as a white child, make it to the league when it’s 95+% black and having other players calling you a b!tch @ss white boy on the court during a playoff game. 

Fock them and their league 

Maybe they should teach people what to do when law enforcement addresses you. That would solve the problem. 

1 minute ago, avoiding injuries said:

Or to fall in love with the game as a white child, make it to the league when it’s 95+% black and having other players calling you a b!tch @ss white boy on the court during a playoff game. 

Yep, but according to FFGuys and liberals only White Republicans are racist.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

Any white person who's played serious sports has experienced racism.  You have to have some thick skin to step into that world if you're white.

8 minutes ago, nobody said:

Any white person who's played serious sports has experienced racism.  You have to have some thick skin to step into that world if you're white.

Hell yeah. Half of our league in high school was white, the other half black. The racist things that were said to us, in the field, from the stands was incredible. We mostly laughed. And then got our ass beat by a few of those schools.  But not all. When you don’t have to play against 19 year olds you do better. 

55 minutes ago, nobody said:

100%

Just now, Reality said:

100%

I would love to see Pelosi rent an apartment on the west side of Chicago or Baltimore and live there full time for a couple years in harmony amoungst those she fights so hard for. You know, the good people of America.

4 minutes ago, nobody said:

NBA playoffs back on by the way.

Where did you see this at?

Rotoworld has it that today's games have been postponed as well...

5 minutes ago, posty said:

Where did you see this at?

Rotoworld has it that today's games have been postponed as well...

ESPN has a headline that says players have decided to resume playoffs but today's games are postponed.

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Hell yeah. Half of our league in high school was white, the other half black. The racist things that were said to us, in the field, from the stands was incredible. We mostly laughed. And then got our ass beat by a few of those schools.  But not all. When you don’t have to play against 19 year olds you do better. 

On my HS basketball team, my nickname was Token. 

4 minutes ago, Strike said:

ESPN has a headline that says players have decided to resume playoffs but today's games are postponed.

Thanks...  ESPN is blocked at work so I went to CBS Sports...

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-players-decide-to-resume-season-following-boycott-thursdays-games-postponed-per-report/

Thanks @nobody for the quick update...

36 minutes ago, posty said:

Thanks...  ESPN is blocked at work so I went to CBS Sports...

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-players-decide-to-resume-season-following-boycott-thursdays-games-postponed-per-report/

Thanks @nobody for the quick update...

This is the dilemma we now find ourselves in.  Differing opinions and viewpoints are no longer tolerated.  Everyone must think, feel and talk the same way about every issue.  

“A source of frustration Wednesday night stemmed from the players not being on the same page, and emotion did get the best of some. The hope from the collective was after a good night’s sleep, the players could reconvene Thursday and get to this point. And that’s exactly what happened.”