Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Did Mike Tomlin save the NFL?

Mike Tomlin, a great coach? eh, not so much.

Mike Tolmin, a leader of me? Fock yes. should be POTUS

I still say leave the politics out of football, but after all the sh1t we've been hearing. This was powerful.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, edjr said:

Mike Tomlin, a great coach? eh, not so much.

Mike Tolmin, a leader of me? Fock yes. should be POTUS

I still say leave the politics out of football, but after all the sh1t we've been hearing. This was powerful.

Blocked.  I'm guessing he said something that was Pro-America and YouTube didn't like it?

3 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Blocked.  I'm guessing he said something that was Pro-America and YouTube didn't like it?

I kinda don't get it. Message seems ambiguous. Why not just say in 1 minute, we don't do politics on this team, we play football for the fans enjoyment?

That would resonate.

14 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

I kinda don't get it. Message seems ambiguous. Why not just say in 1 minute, we don't do politics on this team, we play football for the fans enjoyment?

That would resonate.

🙄

8 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

not bad. but if someone writes jacob blake on their helmet.... im focking done.

Agreed. or any other thug fellon

11 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

not bad. but if someone writes jacob blake on their helmet.... im focking done.

I do have to draw the line at celebration of rapists...... I dont care how a rapist dies, I am happy if they die....

• Thanks 1

If the breaking windows and the trashing of NFL facilities and lockerooms is allowed when situations like Rae Carruth happen then I am ok with it. Even stevens. Want perfection from police then NFL also must be perfect.

1 hour ago, edjr said:

So I watched the whole thing and this isn't my take.  To me, he said: "I don't care if you think we're privileged, we're right and you're wrong."

12 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I do have to draw the line at celebration of rapists...... I dont care how a rapist dies, I am happy if they die....

imagine walking around with a crackhead or rapist on your helmet. how quickly we've fallen from honoring 911 first responders, military, etc.

can i put ray rice on my helmet??

1 hour ago, edjr said:

Would have been A LOT more powerful if he'd at least mentioned personal responsibility and accountability. 

Just now, drobeski said:

I dont get it... its just more of the same :dunno:

Yeah, I don't understand why Ed thinks this was a "bringing people together" kind of thing.  I took it as "f you if you don't agree with us".

1 minute ago, 5-Points said:

Would have been A LOT more powerful if he'd at least mentioned personal responsibility and accountability. 

And said maybe that they should stop denigrating the same police and military who protect them on and off the field?

It was just a continuation of the same false narrative they are actively promoting. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, drobeski said:

And said maybe that they should stop denigrating the same police and military who protect them on and off the field?

It was just a continuation of the same false narrative they are actively promoting. 

Yep. It did nothing to solve the problem.

Maybe point out that these police shootings have a common thread. Disobedience. 

Cops have a job to do. Let them do it. Better yet, behave in a manner that allows you to avoid interactions with law enforcement in the first place. 

14 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Yeah, I don't understand why Ed thinks this was a "bringing people together" kind of thing.  I took it as "f you if you don't agree with us".

It was kind of halfway. I took it as a restrained way of drinking the BLM Kool-Aid without fully embracing it or offending those of us that disagree. If I were a player on the Steelers, I would’ve stood behind him out of a concern for team unity but the message didn’t resonate at all.

1 hour ago, edjr said:

🙄

You prefer people in the entertainment industry to filter in their personal politics with the entertainment that people pay to watch?

Would you also want waiters at a restaurant to tell you the specials and then give commentary on their social and political beliefs?

Whats up with this filmed show on Cue cards? Kind of showboating if you ask me. Belichick does that kind of thing in private then he out coaches Tomlin in the playoffs.

According to MMQB’s Albert Breer, Belichick had Rahsaan Hall, director of the racial justice program at the Massachusetts ACLU, lead an hour-long discussion with the team that was “an education on racism in our country.”

“Those I spoke with said that Hall was excellent, and spoke in great depth on the subject," Breer writes. “And the theme of the session makes sense, given how Belichick has always used history to educate his teams. Also, there was a level of comfort there already, since the Patriots and Hall have worked together, with Hall having addressed the New England rookies during last June’s rookie transition program.”

This certainly seems to corroborate what NFL Network’s Mike Giardi reported last week, saying Belichick’s team has been “sacrificing football” to focus on more important conversations.

“I’m told the Patriots had open conversations about recent events, in fact sacrificing football for the more important topics that have impacted so many of its players directly,” Giardi tweeted. “Bill Belichick was a part and I was told by one player ‘we couldn’t do this without his leadership.’ I was also told some of the conversations about what African-American players had experienced in their lifetimes were eye opening to all corners of the locker room & though done virtually, the the belief — at least to those I talked to — were that they made a great impact.”

Any professional sports team comprised of 50-90% blacks who are earning between 6 and 8 figure annual incomes preaching about systemic racism just comes across as hollow propaganda.

Are there some racist a-holes out there? Certainly. Do most people stereotype? Of course, it is how a normal functioning brain works, according to the psychology textbooks. Does that mean that America is a bad place? Absolutely not. Nearly every civilization in history has had some form of slavery at some point and racial tensions exist in every country that has a diverse population. America has led the way on addressing both those issues. There is no better country in the world for a minority than America in this era.

If they came out and talked about specific actions they were taking to better the black community such as addressing domestic violence, substance abuse, financial literacy, better education, protecting the family unit, reducing gang violence, etc they would have a lot more authenticity and inspire me to give a damn. Or just simply how to be a better human to each other. Finger pointing and assigning blame for things that happened before most of us were born is not the path to success.

Hashtags, slogans, and uniform patches are the easy/lazy way out and will change nothing.

All that being said I do like Tomlin more than most coaches and will give him a free pass occasionally if dabbles in the SJW/PC bs for the betterment of the men on his team.

Didn’t say much. I can sum it up. “We are football players and privileged but we are also people with feelings and are not immune to shock and sadness.”. Not really sure of the point.

25 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Didn’t say much. I can sum it up. “We are football players and privileged but we are also people with feelings and are not immune to shock and sadness.”. Not really sure of the point.

I'm guessing the black players tried to come up with a way to find a middle ground... and failed at it.

1 hour ago, Goggins said:

Any professional sports team comprised of 50-90% blacks who are earning between 6 and 8 figure annual incomes preaching about systemic racism just comes across as hollow propaganda.

Are there some racist a-holes out there? Certainly. Do most people stereotype? Of course, it is how a normal functioning brain works, according to the psychology textbooks. Does that mean that America is a bad place? Absolutely not. Nearly every civilization ALL CIVILIZATIONS in history has had some form of slavery at some point and racial tensions exist in every country that has a diverse population. America has led the way on addressing both those issues. There is no better country in the world for a minority than America in this era.

If they came out and talked about specific actions they were taking to better the black community such as addressing domestic violence, substance abuse, financial literacy, better education, protecting the family unit, reducing gang violence, etc they would have a lot more authenticity and inspire me to give a damn. Or just simply how to be a better human to each other. Finger pointing and assigning blame for things that happened before most of us were born is not the path to success.

Hashtags, slogans, and uniform patches are the easy/lazy way out and will change nothing.

All that being said I do like Tomlin more than most coaches and will give him a free pass occasionally if dabbles in the SJW/PC bs for the betterment of the men on his team.

Fixed that to be more accurate.

I hate the Steelers and I’m no fan of Tonkin. I do like Ben, though. I was at Miami at the same time he was. We weren’t friends and I never even spoke to him. I did see him at the bars and a few parties though, and I have no doubt he took some poon. Does that make me a hippocritisizer? Probably, but I’m okay with it. 

Like everything Tomlin ever does, this is more hype than anything else. People love bending over backwards for this guy. 

• Like 1