Alias Detective

*Official 2020 Election Thread*

28 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

but a bunch of felons who used same day registration to vote despite being ineligible to legally do so.

Why would they do that?  Just random, independently acting felons decided to register same day and vote?  Seems a little odd. 

1 minute ago, Fireballer said:

Why would they do that?  Just random, independently acting felons decided to register same day and vote?  Seems a little odd. 

No amount of evidence will ever matter to people like Honcho. 

1 minute ago, Fireballer said:

You’re the only one here besides me who has witnessed the BS that goes on in the hood. None of this is surprising to me. Pretty sure I called it over the summer. Think you did too. 

2 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

I’ve been here off and on the entire time, so I’ve witnessed it first hand. I don’t think I’m the first person who pointed it out, either.

I think between the white fragility nonsense, the Washington statues getting toppled, the cop shaming, and the massive Big Tech censorship, it may have made me unhinged. Suddenly balanced budgets, nonintervention, and trade policy went on the backburner. Since I'm in China, I've had a long time to recover from the coronavirus lockdowns.... like since May or so, so it's not that.

42 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Wow. You bring nothing. I was kinda glad you came back.  But it’s all empty quips.  We all do it, but you’re at a different level. You’re probably interesting for a few minutes IRL. 

Nailed it. She's nuts... she defendes Newsome.  

Nuts 

• Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

According to the story, there were nearly 2800 of them that did that and most pled ignorance of the law...is that really surprising, considering felons generally aren't the brightest bulbs in the bunch...

Minnesota's recent charges and convictions stem from research initiated by Minnesota Majority. The research identified upwards of 2,800 ineligible felons believed to have unlawfully voted in Minnesota's 2008 general election.

"These convictions are just the tip of the iceberg," said Davis. "The actual number of illegal votes cast was in the thousands. Most unlawful voters were never charged with a crime because they simply pled ignorance. We have evidence of these people casting illegal ballots, but in Minnesota, ignorance of election law is considered to be an acceptable defense."

6 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

According to the story, there were nearly 2800 of them that did that and most pled ignorance of the law...is that really surprising, considering felons generally aren't the brightest bulbs in the bunch...

What's your excuse?

7 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

I wonder if they had ever voted before?  I doubt it. They all at once had a need to perform their civic duty. Ok Honch. You solved it. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Utilit99 said:

What's your excuse?

He's having to dumb down things so those like you with many burned-out bulbs on their mental Christmas lights string can sort-of understand.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

I think between the white fragility nonsense, the Washington statues getting toppled, the cop shaming, and the massive Big Tech censorship, it may have made me unhinged. Suddenly balanced budgets, nonintervention, and trade policy went on the backburner. Since I'm in China, I've had a long time to recover from the coronavirus lockdowns.... like since May or so, so it's not that.

Yes, the far left are complete lunatics, but they don’t represent the entire party. Just like the far right (who are also complete lunatics), don’t  really represent the majority of conservatives.  Even though we seem to have more than our fair share being loudly vocal on this board. 

There’s a lot of misinformation going around on social media and certain news sites. And a lot of opinion pieces being pushed as facts. Bias is one thing, but this is a completely different animal, and is seems people aren’t that good at distinguishing the difference. It’s gotten us to a place where facts don’t seem to matter. After that, discussion is nearly impossible. I’m certainly not going to say that Trump started this, but it has definitely been amplified under his watch. Kellyanne Conway didn’t coin the term "alternative facts" for no reason.

• Like 3

Just now, Rusty Syringes said:

He's having to dumb down things so those like you with many burned-out bulbs on their mental Christmas lights string can sort-of understand.

Keep trying. 

8 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

Yes, the far left are complete lunatics, but they don’t represent the entire party. Just like the far right (who are also complete lunatics), don’t  really represent the majority of conservatives.  Even though we seem to have more than our fair share being loudly vocal on this board. 

There’s a lot of misinformation going around on social media and certain news sites. And a lot of opinion pieces being pushed as facts. Bias is one thing, but this is a completely different animal, and is seems people aren’t that good at distinguishing the difference. It’s gotten us to a place where facts don’t seem to matter. After that, discussion is nearly impossible. I’m certainly not going to say that Trump started this, but it has definitely been amplified under his watch. Kellyanne Conway didn’t coin the term "alternative facts" for no reason.

Hands up don’t shoot. It was a cartoon. Mostly peaceful. Russian Collusion. Two scoops. Trump has stock in HQC. Russian disinformation. Very fine people. Antifa is an idea. Proud Boysbare in stand by. Crime is down. Well, not violent crime. There are no caravans heading for the border. It was a bat in a market. Yeah, why don’t you go ahead and tell us all about Trump and Kellyanne starting it?  You’re so unbiased and not fringe. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

I would imagine this goes on every election then, being independent actors.  Shouldn't there be approx 100 felons arrested each election?  

11 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

Anything like " we choose truth over facts" ?

Nutso

19 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Two scoops. 

Wait, what's this one? Ice cream? 

18 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

I would imagine this goes on every election then, being independent actors.  Shouldn't there be approx 100 felons arrested each election?  

I didn't do a deep search looking for felons and voting arrests, found this article. Seems it happens, mostly by accident.  Some excerpts from the article.  Not being a jerk, but anything else you are going to have to find on yourself...just too busy today. 

Arrested, Jailed and Charged With a Felony. For Voting.

Mr. Sellars, 44, is one of a dozen people in Alamance County in North Carolina who have been charged with voting illegally in the 2016 presidential election. All were on probation or parole for felony convictions, which in North Carolina and many other states disqualifies a person from voting. If convicted, they face up to two years in prison.

But every state is different. Vermont and Maine do not strip felons of voting rights, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures. Other states allow people to vote again as soon as they leave prison. Others permanently take away felons’ right to vote or make them ask to have their rights restored.

They said they believed they were allowed to vote because election workers let them fill out voter registration and eligibility forms, then handed them ballots. They said they never would have voted if anyone had told them they were ineligible.

The case began after North Carolina elections officials ran an audit that found 441 felons had voted improperly in the 2016 election. While most local prosecutors did not pursue these cases, Mr. Nadolski decided to file felony charges.

Like other voters across North Carolina, each of the Alamance 12 would have been required to sign a form saying they were eligible to vote and were not serving a felony sentence. But the defendants said they did not remember filling out any forms beyond the ballots.

“People get confused,” said John Carella, an attorney with the Southern Coalition for Social Justice, which is representing Ms. Brown and four other defendants. The group has also filed a motion in court arguing that North Carolina’s original 1901 law barring felons from voting is unconstitutional because it is steeped in racist efforts to keep African-Americans from voting.

After the state audit that found 441 felons had voted, North Carolina’s Board of Elections and Ethics Enforcement changed the layout of the voter forms, adding check boxes to make them easier to understand. The board said it was also working with courts and probation officials to make sure people are aware that they lose their voting rights while serving a felony sentence and probation.

16 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

Wait, what's this one? Ice cream? 

It was a news story on left wing/ mainstream media that Trump hit two scoops of ice cream.  True story. Google it. But yeah , that right wing media is for uneducated morons. 

20 minutes ago, Rusty Syringes said:

Ask your wife.

:banana:

A silverback from the  old days. Must have been awesome. 

11 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

SCOTUS just put the nail in the coffin

Yep. My paycheck, 401k and savings will feel this for at least 4 years. Great

4 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

Because it was so bad during Clinton and Obama?

19 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

And that’s that. Activate the Proud Boys! 

It’s basically down to just 90s baby and a few wannabe vigilante gun owners swearing to “take the laws into their own hands!” ready to mobilize and attack.

5 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Because it was so bad during Clinton and Obama?

Compared to the last 3 years? You serious?

Well I expect some of these states to start a secession process now.  If they truly believe their vote has been taken away in this election, and the system denies them a fix, it makes sense that it is time to exit the system. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

Nah.  That’s over. Wall Street bought the Democratic Party a long time ago. Clinton. Wall Street gave Biden 78 million and Trump 18.  Your 401k will be fine.  Nobody gets elected or re-elected if they tank. Ask John McCain. Republicans were in charge when they tanked, he got beat. Obama didn’t do anything to them when he took over. Bailed them out. He needed them after he won if he wanted to win again. 

3 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

Well I expect some of these states to start a secession process now.  If they truly believe their vote has been taken away in this election, and the system denies them a fix, it makes sense that it is time to exit the system. 

That’s an even more unlikely scenario than war. The states will be fine and move on, Trump is only one who won’t. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

Compared to the last 3 years? You serious?

Dead serious. My taxes were no lower the last 3 years and my 401k has been pretty healthy in the Clinton and Obama years. Maybe that is just me.

1 minute ago, tanatastic said:

That’s an even more unlikely scenario than war. The states will be fine and move on, Trump is only one who won’t. 

That's just an assertion claim with nothing to back it up.

36 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

SCOTUS just put the nail in the coffin

:clap: Anyone with both feet rooted in reality knew this was the outcome.