edjr

DESANTIS 2024!!! Ron DeSantis :wub:

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Less health class, more Economics class.  Let’s go! 

Schools have that. But that doesn't answer the question I asked. You are just spouting nonsense around the edges and all things that don't solve anything. 

4 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Schools have that. But that doesn't answer the question I asked. You are just spouting nonsense around the edges and all things that don't solve anything. 

Economics is more important than learning about shrimping. Teach about economics. Not you though. Someone smart. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Economics is more important than learning about shrimping. Teach about economics. Not you though. Someone smart. 

Schools have economics classes. Again- answer the question that was asked.

16 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I thought Leftists didn't believe in Slippery Slopes?

Leftists, and even most liberals, absolutely do believe in slippery slopes. I don’t. 

I was opposed to the original “don’t say gay” law, and I am opposed to this extension. But it’s possible to be for the first and against the second. And I wasn’t opposed to the first because I feared the extension; it’s because I thought that the first bill, all by itself and exclusive of further possibilities, was a bad idea. 

IMO, the concept of slippery slopes tends to limit nuanced, independent thinking. Whether it stems from the left or right it’s a lazy approach. 

2 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

In what context?

If you're talking specific to "gender identity," possibly how it's been viewed over the years, for example I know I've seen articles about it during the 1920's so could see it being mentioned when discussing that period for example.

But doesn't the bill say "sexual orientation or gender identity'?  Would that then also apply to talking about some of the civil rights history such as the gay marriage being legalized?  I'll have to go back and find some of the quotes from the GC saying "why should we be talking about sexual orientation to kindergarteners???" who are now OK with not talking about it in high school either.

Kind of off track here. DeSantis is in a steepening downward spiral at the moment.

Trump is racking up endorsements throughout the country and in Florida, Ronald went to DC and came away with one.

Ron is rambling about this woke bullshit that outside of here is a big loser, he’s passing 6 week abortion bans in his state, HUGE loser there. Major GOP donors going public about “concerns”. 

What is this guy doing?

Desantis should've stuck with sending some more immigrants to Martha's Vineyard.   That seemed to get him a lot of twitter likes.

Just now, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

The don’t say straight bill is amazing. 

don’t like it? Don’t live in Florida 

The guy is trying to win a national election with this stuff. Good luck with that.

1 minute ago, thegeneral said:

The guy is trying to win a national election with this stuff. Good luck with that.

Who gives a fock. Why do you care? You’re so far left you’d vote for Mao

Just now, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Who gives a fock. Why do you care?

We are in the DeSantis thread, he was/is the chosen one for nom for Prez.

So instead you guys are going to end up with the previous schmuck.

This is terrible. 

3 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Leftists, and even most liberals, absolutely do believe in slippery slopes. I don’t. 

I was opposed to the original “don’t say gay” law, and I am opposed to this extension. But it’s possible to be for the first and against the second. And I wasn’t opposed to the first because I feared the extension; it’s because I thought that the first bill, all by itself and exclusive of further possibilities, was a bad idea. 

IMO, the concept of slippery slopes tends to limit nuanced, independent thinking. Whether it stems from the left or right it’s a lazy approach. 

Oh, ok... they only believe in slippery slopes when it comes to policies they believe in, but not the other.  Makes sense.

So you don't believe in slippery slopes, but you feared this extension?  I believe that's called "a slippery slope".  :dunno:

Isn't "Don't Say Gay" considered "misinformation"?  Not once does that phrase show up in the bill.  I thought you people were against "misinformation"?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Isn't "Don't Say Gay" considered "misinformation"?  Not once does that phrase show up in the bill.  I thought you people were against "misinformation"?

"This amendment prohibits classroom instruction to students in pre-kindergarten through Grade 3 on sexual orientation or gender identity. 

"Don't say gay" seems like a pretty good paraphrasing.

We're going to end up with the same shite options for President again.  Our country is full of incredibly stupid voters.

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Oh, ok... they only believe in slippery slopes when it comes to policies they believe in, but not the other.  Makes sense.

So you don't believe in slippery slopes, but you feared this extension?  I believe that's called "a slippery slope".  :dunno:

I guess you failed to read what I wrote. I didn’t fear this extension. I didn’t consider it. I don’t believe in slippery slopes. 

Although you’re correct that “don’t say gay” doesn’t appear in the bill, I think it’s an accurate representation. The word “Obamacare” doesn’t appear in the Affordable Care Act but I’m comfortable using that term as well. 

1 minute ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Don’t say straight seems like pretty good paraphrasing then as well

sure

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

We're going to end up with the same shite options for President again.  Our country is full of incredibly stupid voters.

Trump was a good President.  What are you taking about, your feelings? 

8 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Who gives a fock. Why do you care? You’re so far left you’d vote for Mao

Desantis should definitely take advice from folks who would never vote for him. 

They gave us Biden & Harris, they should probably take a back seat when it comes to deciding what's best for us.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

"Don't say gay" seems like a pretty good paraphrasing.

I'll have to remember that when you claim conservatives are participating in "misinformation".

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Trump was a good President.  What are you taking about, your feelings? 

Trump acting like a douche canoe also led us to Biden.  He'll probably lead us to a second Biden term.  I don't want either of those old farts running our country.  I thought maybe DeSantis would be a good option but he has his head too far up his ass right now.

11 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

If you're talking specific to "gender identity," possibly how it's been viewed over the years, for example I know I've seen articles about it during the 1920's so could see it being mentioned when discussing that period for example.

But doesn't the bill say "sexual orientation or gender identity'?  Would that then also apply to talking about some of the civil rights history such as the gay marriage being legalized?  I'll have to go back and find some of the quotes from the GC saying "why should we be talking about sexual orientation to kindergarteners???" who are now OK with not talking about it in high school either.

Thing is though there are very few, if any, social studies classes that would trend towards discussing gay marriage being legalized. 

I wonder how the people in swing states feel about this? Who GAF about anyone else? 

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Trump acting like a douche canoe also led us to Biden.  He'll probably lead us to a second Biden term.  I don't want either of those old farts running our country.  I thought maybe DeSantis would be a good option but he has his head too far up his ass right now.

So your feelings, not what actually happened. Got it. 

19 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I actually supported the first because it was up to like grade 3 or something, which I feel is appropriate, and I thought Disney's objection was uncalled for.  Now that it's been extended to all of high school, I can see why, and think it's dumb.

3 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I guess you failed to read what I wrote. I didn’t fear this extension. I didn’t consider it. I don’t believe in slippery slopes. 

Although you’re correct that “don’t say gay” doesn’t appear in the bill, I think it’s an accurate representation. The word “Obamacare” doesn’t appear in the Affordable Care Act but I’m comfortable using that term as well. 

Yes, my bad, I read a comma where you didn't put one.

Ok, got it... you're only opposed to "misinformation", when it doesn't fit your needs.

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So your feelings, not what actually happened. Got it. 

Listen, if you don't get it, then don't respond.

11 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Exactly

Just now, GutterBoy said:

Exactly

And all HT can think of is "feelings."  I don't think he sees the bigger picture here.

3 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Yes, my bad, I read a comma where you didn't put one.

Ok, got it... you're only opposed to "misinformation", when it doesn't fit your needs.

I enjoy arguing with you because most of the time you’re not lazy. But I think you’re being lazy here. If you think “don’t say gay” is misinformation then make that argument. Don’t just assert it and then try to accuse me of hypocrisy. First off I don’t believe it’s misinformation. Second, I really don’t care about whether or not I’m a hypocrite. 

1 minute ago, The Real timschochet said:

I enjoy arguing with you because most of the time you’re not lazy. But I think you’re being lazy here. If you think “don’t say gay” is misinformation then make that argument. Don’t just assert it and then try to accuse me of hypocrisy. First off I don’t believe it’s misinformation. Second, I really don’t care about whether or not I’m a hypocrite. 

I'm not being lazy, I'm just being cynical.

11 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Listen, if you don't get it, then don't respond.

I get it. You basically said Trump was a bad president and would be bad again. Then you called him a doosh. So your feelings.  

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I get it. You basically said Trump was a bad president and would be bad again. Then you called him a doosh. So your feelings.  

He is a douche but I said nothing about him being President.  You're living in your own fantasy world where you fail to comprehend what others are saying and just make up what you want to hear.

I think him being the candidate for President is most likely going to lead to Biden getting a second term.  I don't want Biden again.  I want both Biden and Trump to go away and to get new, younger candidates.  If someone has similar policies to Trump but can act professionally so he can actually get things accomplished then I would love to vote for that person.  A person that acts like Trump is not going to get things done, we've already seen it and we don't need it again.

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

He is a douche but I said nothing about him being President.  You're living in your own fantasy world where you fail to comprehend what others are saying and just make up what you want to hear.

I think him being the candidate for President is most likely going to lead to Biden getting a second term.  I don't want Biden again.  I want both Biden and Trump to go away and to get new, younger candidates.  If someone has similar policies to Trump but can act professionally so he can actually get things accomplished then I would love to vote for that person.  A person that acts like Trump is not going to get things done, we've already seen it and we don't need it again.

Tl/dr. Muh feelings

2 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

So does don't say straight

you guys need to get your own material

33 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I'll have to remember that when you claim conservatives are participating in "misinformation".

"prohibits instruction on sexual orientation"

What's misinformation about "don't say gay" as describing it?