Sign in to follow this  
edjr

A fourth stimulus check might be on the way

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/chances-fourth-stimulus-check-204935016.html

The American Rescue Plan was signed by President Joe Biden last Thursday in an effort to provide financial relief to individuals, businesses and communities hardest hit by the coronavirus. This marked another round of stimulus checks, the third since the pandemic first hit last year.

According to Politico, some Democratic members of Congress do not feel a third stimulus check is enough. Two months before the new relief package was signed, 50 Democratic members of the House of Representatives signed a letter asking President Biden to prioritize recurring direct checks instead of one-time stimulus payments.

The letter published by Politico states, “Another one-time round of checks would provide a temporary lifeline, but when that money runs out, families will once again struggle to pay for basic necessities. One more check is not enough during this public health and economic crisis.”

Rep. Ilhan Omar of Minnesota was the letter’s lead signatory. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York was among the other House members who signed.

In a January press release, Omar stated, “A one-time payment of $2,000 is simply not enough. The American people are counting on us to deliver transformative change, and we need to meet the moment by delivering monthly payments of $2,000.”

Eleven Senate Democrats also pressed for recurring direct payments and increased unemployment benefits at the beginning of March, according to CNBC.

While recurring stimulus payments did not end up in the signed bill, it’s still possible that a fourth round of stimulus checks or recurring payments could be set up in the future. However, considering that the American Rescue Plan was passed using the budget reconciliation process, recurring payments are unlikely to happen without bipartisan support.

You people laughed at Andrew Yang when he wanted 1000 a month. Now they want $2000 a momf!!!

Ouch. I should just quit my job and get on this "free money" train. 

26 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

No sh1t.  Us hard working folks are suckers.   

At what point does the free money become worthless? 
At the point when everyone is dependent on the government.

Lady I work with got over 9k this time...baby factory.  I thought there was a cap

How many trillions will they add to this bill that marked for Iran, or china, or a bridge, or raises for the house, or cleaning supplies for the capital, or big tech.....

?

Focking idiots need to be overthrown for real. 

I was and am all for Covid-19 Relief for individuals and small businesses hurt by lock downs.  I'm down for a little stimulus too.

But we have a vaccine now.  Things are slowly (or should) start to go back to somewhat normalcy.  Open up the economy and let people work.

:dunno:

Just now, KSB2424 said:

I was and am all for Covid-19 Relief for individuals and small businesses hurt by lock downs.  I'm down for a little stimulus too.

But we have a vaccine now.  Things are slowly (or should) start to go back to somewhat normalcy.  Open up the economy and let people work.

:dunno:

I have said this before, but its very unlikely covid is over.  Most pandemics run for SEVERAL years.  We just entered year 2.  And they is a good chance it mutates into something that kills 50 million plus.  I would not signal the all-clear until 2024.  Maybe 2025.  We will be lucky if the worst is behind us.  A deadly mutation can happen anywhere.  California.  The UK.  Singapore.  a Chinese lab.

Just now, JustinCharge said:

I have said this before, but its very unlikely covid is over.  Most pandemics run for SEVERAL years.  We just entered year 2.  And they is a good chance it mutates into something that kills 50 million plus.  I would not signal the all-clear until 2024.  Maybe 2025.  We will be lucky if the worst is behind us.  A deadly mutation can happen anywhere.  California.  The UK.  Singapore.  a Chinese lab.

Dude, it's 2021.  We have a vaccine in record time, this ain't the year 1350 A.D. and the Black Plague.  

2 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

is that before or after the civil war?

• Like 2

Just now, KSB2424 said:

Dude, it's 2021.  We have a vaccine in record time, this ain't the year 1350 A.D. and the Black Plague.  

The scaredy cat dems have hove found the goose that laid the golden egg with covid fear.  It's not going away any time soon.  

2 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

is that before or after the civil war?

ive said the cause of civil is hard to predict.  an outbreak of a super dealy mutation of covid could destabilize things enough to set off the civil war.  but its fertile ground.  trust has collapsed.  were just waiting for the spark.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

The scaredy cat dems have hove found the goose that laid the golden egg with covid fear.  It's not going away any time soon.  

I fear this more than any mutation.

19 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

This. My dem friends that have been vaxxed are still scared. 

19 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

ive said the cause of civil is hard to predict.  an outbreak of a super dealy mutation of covid could destabilize things enough to set off the civil war.  but its fertile ground.  trust has collapsed.  were just waiting for the spark.

I do kind of believe this, in a very small sense. I think that if any civil discourse/war starts, it will be a very very slow build. Or, as someone else suggested it will end up in small pockets of crazy around the country (kind of already happening in the larger cities like Seattle, etc with their autonomous zones). 

53 minutes ago, Old School said:

Never. Still gotta buy real estate

52 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Lady I work with got over 9k this time...baby factory.  I thought there was a cap

I was supposed to not get any this time and I got 1150 for some reason :dunno:  they done focked up

My dumbass father who is 73 and conservative and raciss, just decided he wanted to wait to get both vaccines before seeing his grandson again. he was okay all last summer seeing him, even spent 2 days at his house...  :wall:

1 minute ago, edjr said:

I was supposed to not get any this time and I got 1150 for some reason :dunno:  they done focked up

I just checked, and got $0.00. Not to worry though my mortgage was deducted on time.

1 hour ago, TheNewGirl said:

Do you want a free 'stimulus check'?  😋

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Do you want a free 'stimulus check'?  😋

You going to send her a d1ck pick and see if she pukes?

1 hour ago, KSB2424 said:

There's absolutely no guarantee the vaccine will protect against a mutation.  Hell, the vaccines we get for the seasonal flu don't always work.  They don't really know how it is gonna go.  Its very possible they cooked up all of these vaccines for absolutely nothing.

3 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

There's absolutely no guarantee the vaccine will protect against a mutation.  Hell, the vaccines we get for the seasonal flu don't always work.  They don't really know how it is gonna go.  Its very possible they cooked up all of these vaccines for absolutely nothing.

Your alarmist routine is wearing thin.

18 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

I'm a realist in an age where the MSM is trying to downplay certain issues.  Many issues the MSM is concerned about I think are overblown, such as white supremacy.

And AGAIN, I want to point out that civil war thread is FILLED with respected and credible people on both sides of the aisle writing articles and giving remarks on how we are close to civil war.  Don't try to make this out as ME and ME ALONE on this.

18 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

I've never read a thing he says. was just instinctive. If I don't recognize the moniker, I don't read it

The only thing that has changed is civil war is more likely than ever.  Trust has collapsed.  People have lost trust in government, the cops, elections, the education system, the media.  All of this is pushing us towards civil war.  We're damn lucky it hasn't started already.  Its not a routine to get tired of.  Its reality.

1 hour ago, Cdub100 said:

I just checked, and got $0.00. Not to worry though my mortgage was deducted on time.

I've been in this boat for all of the stimulii

The only mildly shocking thing is people will continue to mock me for warning of civil war after 1/6 happened.  But as I said about the first civil war, no-one expected the civil war to happen.  Even when both sides called up armies and states seceded, they didn't think it would be a civil war.  The consensus was it might be a couple months of back and forth until everyone settled back down.  They never saw a full-blown war lasting years.

I think we could see 5-6 states secede and call up armies and skrimishes and battles could go on for 6 months and people will STILL say it is not a civil war.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, KayJay1971 said:

I've been in this boat for all of the stimulii

Great isn't watching the value of your wealth decrease through inflation every 3 months.

Just now, Cdub100 said:

Great isn't watching the value of your wealth decrease through inflation every 3 months.

:banana:

11 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

The only mildly shocking thing is people will continue to mock me for warning of civil war after 1/6 happened.  But as I said about the first civil war, no-one expected the civil war to happen.  Even when both sides called up armies and states seceded, they didn't think it would be a civil war.  The consensus was it might be a couple months of back and forth until everyone settled back down.  They never saw a full-blown war lasting years.

I think we could see 5-6 states secede and call up armies and skrimishes and battles could go on for 6 months and people will STILL say it is not a civil war.

Well I will give you that a civil war is probably more likely than covid killing 50 million...

3 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Well I will give you that a civil war is probably more likely than covid killing 50 million...

After the civil war, there might not be 50 million of us left for Covid to kill.  :shocking:

14 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

you'll be fine

1 hour ago, edjr said:

you'll be fine

Meet Kevin is a dumb ass

Also yes I'll be fine, but America won't.

3 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

When they come for our guns.......

9 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

When they come for our guns.......

you'll be left a small peemus and no guns?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, TheNewGirl said:

No kidding.  I only qualified for the first one, not the 2nd or 3rd.  I'm assuming that this 4th one I'll also be disqualified for.

5 hours ago, Old School said:

What's your rush? We will get there. :lol: