Utilit99

NJ school district removes names of all holidays from calendar

liberal democrats. :mellow:

Randolph Township, N.J. — A New Jersey school district, facing backlash after a recent decision to rename Columbus Day, has decided to remove all holiday names from the school calendar.

Randolph school directors voted unanimously on Thursday to keep specific holidays off the school calendar, including Thanksgiving, Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur and Christmas. NJ.com reported. Holidays will now be designated as “Day Off” on the calendar, with a description of the reason behind it, the website reported.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/trending/nj-school-district-removes-names-all-holidays-calendar/PMS7QGCKAJF6NCWMFXN26LZIPQ/

• Sad 1

I get the religious ones and agree on principal, but why Thanksgiving? 

As much as people like to complain about anything and everything now-a-days, it might just be easier to take this approach...  Just call them "Student Holiday" or just say "No School"...

Just another chip off the culture war that western society is losing.

Everyone is missing the point here, they only did this because b!tches were whining about Columbus Day, and then other b!tches were whining about the jew days, so they just said fock it, It's just "a day off", go fock yourself b!tches.

9 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Everyone is missing the point here, they only did this because b!tches were whining about Columbus Day, and then other b!tches were whining about the jew days, so they just said fock it, It's just "a day off", go fock yourself b!tches.

Actually, what they did was take the cowardly way out.  To call it Indigenous Peoples’ Day is disingenuous too, because you actually have no idea of who you're truly celebrating.  No, Columbus didn't discover America, but he did bring it's existence to the Eastern world.  That's pretty substantial.  Now, should we be celebrating that?  Personally, I don't think so.  The thing is, the "Indigenous People"... who are they?  Why should we celebrate them?  All this is, is trying to pander to the Native American community because of white guilt.  It's also stupid.  It's pretending that the tribes that the settlers overtook, didn't do exactly that to other tribes.  It's all so stupid... just to keep an extra day off.  Just take the damn holiday completely off the calendar and make everyone go to work or school.  It really is that simple.  Just another stupid thing that happened because a Democrat (FDR), made a stupid policy.

2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Actually, what they did was take the cowardly way out.  To call it Indigenous Peoples’ Day is disingenuous too, because you actually have no idea of who you're truly celebrating.  No, Columbus didn't discover America, but he did bring it's existence to the Eastern world.  That's pretty substantial.  Now, should we be celebrating that?  Personally, I don't think so.  The thing is, the "Indigenous People"... who are they?  Why should we celebrate them?  All this is, is trying to pander to the Native American community because of white guilt.  It's also stupid.  It's pretending that the tribes that the settlers overtook, didn't do exactly that to other tribes.  It's all so stupid... just to keep an extra day off.  Just take the damn holiday completely off the calendar and make everyone go to work or school.  It really is that simple.  Just another stupid thing that happened because a Democrat (FDR), made a stupid policy.

from what I've heard, there is actually pretty solid evidence whites were in north america first, like beyond the conspiracy theory stuff, and it gets whispered in the halls of academia, but because its so problematic to the politics of the day, they are keeping it hush hush. 

11 hours ago, Drizzay said:

Juneteenth = "day off"

Would never fly.

I opened this thread to post the same thing. 

I would say the same about MLK Day, but everything pushed on us nowadays runs completely opposite of what he preached and stood for. :dunno:

16 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

from what I've heard, there is actually pretty solid evidence whites were in north america first, like beyond the conspiracy theory stuff, and it gets whispered in the halls of academia, but because its so problematic to the politics of the day, they are keeping it hush hush. 

Right, when the narrative changes and this is needed, then it'll be brought up.

2 minutes ago, DonS said:

I opened this thread to post the same thing. 

I would say the same about MLK Day, but everything pushed on us nowadays runs completely opposite of what he preached and stood for. :dunno:

In 2021, Martin Luther King Jr is alt-right.

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

In 2021, Martin Luther King Jr is alt-right.

He's an uncle tom for God's sake. 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Right, when the narrative changes and this is needed, then it'll be brought up.

What really hilarious to me is the research done on the ancient copper mines in Michigan.  People were obviously mining it for generations.  Tons of it came out of the ground.  You would think there would be extensive research done on it because it is absolutely riveting.  This is the sort of stuff that can hook young people to go into that field of work.  Instead, official researchers have pretty much NOTHING on the subject.  Just look at the wiki on it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copper_mining_in_Michigan

There is just a minor blurb about it in one small paragraph.  Then they move on to other topics.  I'm like "excuse me?"  This is perhaps the biggest topic in mining history.  Even if the Native Americans were mining it, it is STILL riveting.  They should be pouring over the topic, going into detail the mining methods, there should be major news stories and documentaries on it.

But its almost forgotten.  That makes it smell like they are hiding something.

If I google: national geographic ancient copper mines michigan

I get nothing from natgeo.  Im like WTF.

On 6/14/2021 at 11:55 AM, Hardcore troubadour said:

Colonialism is bad, m'kay? 

I'm surprised nobody made a joke about how "Labor Day" offends black men. 

You people are slipping. :nono:

1 minute ago, DonS said:

Generally, schools in NJ don't start until after Labor Day, so technically, they don't need to add that on the calendar.  Schools in NJ usually run the Wednesday after Labor Day through the 2nd week of June... so, Labor Day and June 19th won't actually need to be on the school calendar.

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

Generally, schools in NJ don't start until after Labor Day, so technically, they don't need to add that on the calendar.  Schools in NJ usually run the Wednesday after Labor Day through the 2nd week of June... so, Labor Day and June 19th won't actually need to be on the school calendar.

C'mon man!   Don't let facts ruin a perfectly good raciss joke!  :lol:

1 hour ago, DonS said:

C'mon man!   Don't let facts ruin a perfectly good raciss joke!  :lol:

Sorry... I suck. 😢

1 hour ago, DonS said:

I thought it was simply a fact. Not a joke. :dunno:

On 6/14/2021 at 1:55 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

If schools & colleges really felt that strongly about separation of church & state, seems like they'd refuse to take off & be paid for 'winter' & 'spring' break.

14 hours ago, easilyscan said:

If schools & colleges really felt that strongly about separation of church & state, seems like they'd refuse to take off & be paid for 'winter' & 'spring' break.

Teachers ONLY CARE about how much money they make.  The caring about the kids (on a global level), is an act... nothing more.  I know teachers say that the kids are the #1 priority, but watch how quickly they become #2 when the teachers/school have to give up something for the kids.

10 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Teachers ONLY CARE about how much money they make.  The caring about the kids (on a global level), is an act... nothing more.  I know teachers say that the kids are the #1 priority, but watch how quickly they become #2 when the teachers/school have to give up something for the kids.

Not all teachers, I would say most, but there are some good teachers out there.  Also most professionals only care about how much money they make.

2 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Not all teachers, I would say most, but there are some good teachers out there.  Also most professionals only care about how much money they make.

I don't disagree on either statement.  The difference is that teachers will stand on soap boxes to tell you that "kids come first".  They just don't tell you the rest of the sentence, which is "to get screwed if I want more money".  Other professionals don't make any such accusations.  They're also not paid by the government.

but I'll bet both Black History Month and Ghey Pride Month are displayed / recognized / celebrated

Now could they please remove Mondays?  😝

Am I right?

On 6/16/2021 at 2:35 PM, easilyscan said:

I predict that within 5 years they'll be a federal George Floyd holiday.

Nah.

The black vote is drafting to the right.  Trump won a higher percentage of the black vote in 2020 than he did in 2016.   The entire point of BLM was to try to stem the tide and keep blacks in the democrat party for 1 more election.  There's very little payoff for making a federal GF holiday in 5 years.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-wins-highest-percent-of-nonwhite-voters-of-any-republican-in-60-years-doubles-lgbtq-support-from-2016-exit-poll/ar-BB1aJJJS

On 6/15/2021 at 2:49 PM, JustinCharge said:

What really hilarious to me is the research done on the ancient copper mines in Michigan.  People were obviously mining it for generations.  Tons of it came out of the ground.  You would think there would be extensive research done on it because it is absolutely riveting.  This is the sort of stuff that can hook young people to go into that field of work.  Instead, official researchers have pretty much NOTHING on the subject.  Just look at the wiki on it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copper_mining_in_Michigan

There is just a minor blurb about it in one small paragraph.  Then they move on to other topics.  I'm like "excuse me?"  This is perhaps the biggest topic in mining history.  Even if the Native Americans were mining it, it is STILL riveting.  They should be pouring over the topic, going into detail the mining methods, there should be major news stories and documentaries on it.

But its almost forgotten.  That makes it smell like they are hiding something.

If I google: national geographic ancient copper mines michigan

I get nothing from natgeo.  Im like WTF.

I remember my first beer.  🤪