Sign in to follow this  
edjr

**official** Olympic Games Tokyo -- 7/23/21 - 8/8/21

2 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Well technically weren’t the Karolyis implicated as covering up the Nassar scandal?  Maybe they were monsters...

Everyone is a monster unless that 100% accept everything they are being told, always.  Don't question, don't challenge.  

She had a little adversity, couldn't handle the pressure and outright quit. There is no physical injury, she stated that herself. Call it what it is, she's a quitter. That used to not be celebrated, now it is.

This didn't age well.

2 minutes ago, Reality said:

She had a little adversity, couldn't handle the pressure and outright quit. There is no physical injury, she stated that herself. Call it what it is, she's a quitter. That used to not be celebrated, now it is.

This didn't age well.

Ironic that the goat is SILVER rather than gold, though... 

The worst kind of athlete.  Brag of how good you are.  Arrogant.  Then when things get tough fold up like a lawn chair.

• Thanks 1

She doesn't have the same killer instinct her bother has. 

• Haha 1

Just now, bostonlager said:

She doesn't have the same killer instinct her bother has. 

:first:

1 hour ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Biles aint no Kerry Strug

Feaking vaulted on a broken leg!!

It was an injured ankle, not a broken leg...

On one had I would say to bench her for the rest of the events. The olympics is not the time to channel your inner Peyton Manning like he is in a playoff game. 

On the other hand, we're not even talking about real sports. If she thinks she can do more cartwheels, send her out there. 

Lengends? I never heard of biles before today. And that's because she quit on her team. And osaka? What?

All black people are heroes I guess. Even the muderers because they are simply victims of white supremacy.

Sending LOVE to these young legends, Simone Biles & Naomi Osaka.

Of course this is now somehow racial.  :lol:

If any big name athlete (best player on the team) quits (mental health day)  before the Superbowl or the NBA Finals or the World Series Game 7 or whatever it'd be huge news.  And they would NOT be celebrated.

People may question why? and try to be open minded maybe, but it wouldn't be celebratory. 

7 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

If any big name athlete (best player on the team) quits (mental health day)  before the Superbowl or the NBA Finals or the World Series Game 7 or whatever it'd be huge news.  And they would NOT be celebrated.

People may question why and try to have some sort of open mildness, but it wouldn't be celebratory. 

Wasn't  there an Oakland Raider lineman that had a mental breakdown and went AWOL in Tijuana prior to SB? 

What a hero. :pointstosky:

Edit: oh sh1t, he turned out to just be a crazy white dude.  No accolades for you!  :nono:

7 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

People may question why? and try to be open minded maybe, but it wouldn't be celebratory. 

Didn’t this happen mid-competition? 

1 minute ago, Gladiators said:

Shhhhhh.... You're harshing her hero buzz you raciss!

4 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Maybe she's a big Vontae Davis fan?  ✊🏾

4 minutes ago, DonS said:

Shhhhhh.... You're harshing her hero buzz you raciss!

With the Atlanta Falcons up 21-3 in Super Bowl LI, Tom Brady has announced that he is not taking the field for the second half and rather taking a mental health day.

1 minute ago, KSB2424 said:

With the Atlanta Falcons up 21-3 in Super Bowl LI, Tom Brady has announced that he is taking the second half off for a mental health day and will not be returning.   

As a Bills fan I can't stand Brady, but if anyone deserves to have a sequined goat named "Goldie" on his uniform it's s him.  Partially because I begrudgingly admit he's the GOAT and also because he's probably a phag. 

29 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Scottie Pippen benching himself maybe closest example?

4 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Scottie Pippen benching himself maybe closest example?

Yep. Kukoc was the hero in that game.

53 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Lengends? I never heard of biles before today. And that's because she quit on her team. And osaka? What?

All black people are heroes I guess. Even the muderers because they are simply victims of white supremacy.

Sending LOVE to these young legends, Simone Biles & Naomi Osaka.

You never heard of Simone Biles before today?

3 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

You never heard of Simone Biles before today?

I haven't. Haven't even seen a minute of the olympics.

I don’t think she should have withdrawn but this is pretty true (sorry Reality if this counts as bringing covid into the thread):

On 7/26/2021 at 8:47 PM, Fireballer said:

That guy in red is rolling around with a 3/4  hard on.  

Do we need any further proof that wrestling is gay?

7 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

I haven't. Haven't seen a minute of the olympics.

Didn’t watch a minute in 2016 either?

3 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Didn’t watch a minute in 2016 either?

Not summer olympics. Maybe some winter olympics whenever they were as I like that better. 

Hockey and downhill skiing. :thumbsup:

59 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Not summer olympics. Maybe some winter olympics whenever they were as I like that better. 

Hockey and downhill skiing. :thumbsup:

Agreed. Uphill skiing sucks. 

4 minutes ago, frank said:

Agreed. Uphill skiing sucks. 

Now that would be hard. Ever wipe out on a black diamond hill and one of your skis is 25 feet up the hill from where you are laying? 

Complete nothing burger BOORRRRRIIINNNGGG!!

Have any of you taken the time to understand why she made her decision or did you all just jump to the conclusion that you have?

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Have any of you taken the time to understand why she made her decision or did you all just jump to the conclusion that you have?

Please tell us!

12 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

Now that would be hard. Ever wipe out on a black diamond hill and one of your skis is 25 feet up the hill from where you are laying? 

Yeah. That blows.

The last time I did a black diamond, a smow storm hit. Couldn't see sh!t. I slid the whole way down on my ass with my edges planted and my poles planted. 

2 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Please tell us!

Here's the explanation I was given.  She basically lost her confidence in what she was doing, or got in her head.  For most of us we would just deal with it and we either suck or we don't.  It's different for her and other gymnasts because of what they are performing.  If they do not know where they are in the air when performing then it can become extremely dangerous.  A person like Biles is getting so much air and twisting so much in the air in some of her routines that if she were to lose her composure in the air she could seriously injure herself or even kill herself upon landing.  It's almost like she has the shanks in golf but instead of hitting a chili dipper to the right she's about 10 feet in the air and upside down.

I thought it was a pretty good explanation and it gave me a better understanding of her decision.  I'm sure not everyone agrees though.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Here's the explanation I was given.  She basically lost her confidence in what she was doing, or got in her head.  For most of us we would just deal with it and we either suck or we don't.  It's different for her and other gymnasts because of what they are performing.  If they do not know where they are in the air when performing then it can become extremely dangerous.  A person like Biles is getting so much air and twisting so much in the air in some of her routines that if she were to lose her composure in the air she could seriously injure herself or even kill herself upon landing.  It's almost like she has the shanks in golf but instead of hitting a chili dipper to the right she's about 10 feet in the air and upside down.

I thought it was a pretty good explanation and it gave me a better understanding of her decision.  I'm sure not everyone agrees though.

Cliffnotes version: She choked. 

6 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

If that is the case she should have been a scratch. If she couldn't do it in practice, why have her on the team?

Let's also not forget that this is what, her 3rd or 4th Olympics? Numerous world championships? And now the pressure of an empty arena focks with her head? Not buying it.

I more subscribe to the theory that she bought her own hype and coasted and it bit her in the ass.

8 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Yeah, I don't see how this is any different than any other athlete who just "doesn't have it."  Either way, my point has been her decision shouldn't be celebrated or called brave.  If my kids watched/cared about/participated in gymnastics, I'd tell them that she choked and decided to quit.  Her decision...She can live with the consequences.  

1 minute ago, Gladiators said:

Yeah, I don't see how this is any different than any other athlete who just "doesn't have it."  Either way, my point has been her decision shouldn't be celebrated or called brave.  If my kids watched/cared about/participated in gymnastics, I'd tell them that she choked and decided to quit.  Her decision...She can live with the consequences.  

Exactly.

Now, if she genuinely felt she was putting herself at risk, I have no problem with her quitting. 

But this is the opposite of brave. Its weak and cowardly, and if I was one of her teammates who has spent my entire life training for this (and getting diddled by the team doctor) and she pulled that shed be focking dead to me. 

11 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Nailed it.  Some days you are off, and you carry on.  Nothing brave about quitting because you only feel 99%.  

1 minute ago, TimmySmith said:

Nailed it.  Some days you are off, and you carry on.  Nothing brave about quitting because you only feel 99%.  

BUT SHE COULD'VE DIED!!!!!