Sign in to follow this  
rowdystylz1

Deshaun Watson a good stash?

7 minutes ago, rowdystylz1 said:

Talks are heating up with Miami. Any shot he takes the field and can be productive with all the negative pub surrounding him?

I guess you aren't talking dynasty or keeper. I have him in dynasty and so wish he would go to Miami sooner or later. Even if he gets suspend right after he goes there and is ready for next year.

Yeah big $ regular redrafts. I scooped him in 1 league where i start Hurts. It coat me nothing to put him on IR as well. I like Hurts (not the offense) but he scares the out of me sometimes

1 hour ago, rowdystylz1 said:

Yeah big $ regular redrafts. I scooped him in 1 league where i start Hurts. It coat me nothing to put him on IR as well. I like Hurts (not the offense) but he scares the out of me sometimes

Why would he be eligible for IR?

I can't picture him having much value this year.  Between having to learn a new offense and possible suspension its tough to see him getting much playing time this year.

2 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I was wondering this too.  He isn't in any of my leagues because he isn't on IR.  It sounds like that is just an extra bench spot in his league.

55 minutes ago, RedzoneMonster said:

What MIA WR benefits the most if Watson gets traded?

the way Tua is playing?   all of them

Just now, Ray_T said:

the way Tua is playing?   all of them

just to add.... the issue isnt one of talent.  his off field issues are a bit scary.   

due to that, I'd leave that nightmare to someone else.

1 hour ago, RedzoneMonster said:

Will Fuller, his former Texan teammate.  

Look at Fuller's 2020 game logs.   

1 hour ago, RedzoneMonster said:

The healthy one. 

Anyone of his talent is worth a stash with the way things are right now unless it's taking up a space that would actually cost you something. Many teams with decent sized benches have a guy or two that they are either stashing or waiting on, or provide little value. Unless you are in an 8 team league. 

21 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Yea weird rules for one league im in.  Can basically IR anybody 5x for free (even if probable) then its 100$ every IR after that. 

Biggest issue IMHO is what the league does. They're not putting him on the exempt list because they know Houston will just ice him every week, so what's the point. But if Miami trades for him they obviously want to use him, so that means the league finally has to put up or shut up. How do they let him play with those 22 or whatever lawsuits? But on the other hand, they are just lawsuits, they aren't proven in court or anything, so how could they NOT let him play? Not sure what Goodell would do but my bet is that he would bite the bullet and prevent Watson from playing. Too much bad PR from not doing anything. Too bad, DW would be great with that group.

Ian Rapoport says there is a "good chance" that Watson gets traded before the deadline. Miami and Carolina seem to the be the likeliest destinations.

Why cause Darnold is who we thought he is.  

Bottomline is organizations need wins, for reasons more than just standings. Watson is a top 5 talent at his position, give or take. Somebody will spin the wheel on him and deal with his PR nightmare no doubt

2 hours ago, rowdystylz1 said:

Somebody will spin the wheel on him and deal with his PR nightmare no doubt

Sure, but then they're no longer just dealing with his PR nightmare, they're dealing with the very real possibility that the NFL will step in and place him on the exempt list pending investigation or something.  Houston isn't forcing the NFL's hand by voluntarily scratching him every week, but if someone tries to play him, the NFL as a whole will have to decide if they want to deal with his PR nightmare, or if they just sideline him pending further information.  So now you've traded three first round picks for a pumpkin.

Ian Rapoport is wrong so often, it's just the Texans in his hear trying to drum up a higher offer from Miami.  He's just repeating the teams "said" to have had interest weeks ago.  Tua is playing pretty good despite all the criticism he gets, but I could still see Miami trading for Watson.

On 10/25/2021 at 8:11 PM, Gepetto said:

Ian Rapoport is wrong so often, it's just the Texans in his hear trying to drum up a higher offer from Miami.  He's just repeating the teams "said" to have had interest weeks ago.  Tua is playing pretty good despite all the criticism he gets, but I could still see Miami trading for Watson.

I'm in Charlotte, I think the Panthers are interested but from what I'm hearing Watson won't approve a trade to come here.

Crazy that a guy in his situation is able to make those kinds of demands.

On field production is more important to nfl brass than off field issues. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Donkey said:

I have no proof of this of course, but IMO that’s just posturing because either he said he wouldn’t approve a trade there or they don’t want any bad press unless they can actually land him.

https://www.thephinsider.com/2021/10/27/22748588/deshaun-watson-trade-rumors-report-indicates-dolphins-only-destination-watson-has-approved

6 hours ago, TimHauck said:

I have no proof of this of course, but IMO that’s just posturing because either he said he wouldn’t approve a trade there or they don’t want any bad press unless they can actually land him.

https://www.thephinsider.com/2021/10/27/22748588/deshaun-watson-trade-rumors-report-indicates-dolphins-only-destination-watson-has-approved

Fair enough, I think the Texans are behind all these rumors and there's no legitimacy to any of them but fortunately we have our answer on 11/2.

1 hour ago, Donkey said:

Fair enough, I think the Texans are behind all these rumors and there's no legitimacy to any of them but fortunately we have our answer on 11/2.

Even Miami?

You have to think he wants Miami. No state tax, good weapons on offense, the state has done a great job with covid and has no restrictions. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/10/30/source-panthers-have-no-plans-to-pursue-deshaun-watson-never-considered-offering-christian-mccaffrey/

The Panthers may eventually make a move for Deshaun Watson. It won’t happen before Tuesday’s trade deadline.

Per a source with direct knowledge of the team’s thinking, the Panthers have no plans to pursue the Texans quarterback before Tuesday at 4:00 p.m. ET. The source also explained that the Panthers never offered or considered offering running back Christian McCaffrey as part of a trade package.

Again, I think the Panthers are interested and are just denying it.

Kinda doubt the Texans would really want CMC though unless he still comes with a lot of draft picks.

If Watson goes to Carolina he loses millions. He wants Miami. 

8 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Even Miami?

Yes in my opinion, think chances of a trade before Tuesday are less than 1% and probably closer to 0 than 1.

Hard to believe Watson hasn’t paid these ho’s off and gotten on with his life. He’s not innocent. 

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Hard to believe Watson hasn’t paid these ho’s off and gotten on with his life. He’s not innocent. 

They didn't have to take the money and butter his corn let's go to trial