Vikings4ever

Alec Baldwin killed a woman

4 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Can we just get to the root of the problem and forbid any Baldwin brothers from ever being in any film ever again?

Better include all 7 genders of anyone named Baldwin 

1 minute ago, nospk said:

Better include all 7 genders of anyone named Baldwin 

Not to sidetrack, but got somebody at work who goes by the pronoun of "they"/ Confuses the shiit out of me.

" Scotty's in dairy today and is just swamped. They need more help!"

How many people do they have working in Dairy today?

It's just Scotty and they are swamped!

They? Who else?

Huh? 

What? 

Feels like a GD Abbott & Costello routine. 

Seriously, we invented pronouns for a reason.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Vikings4ever said:

Adam Baldwin's cool. And no relation.

Same last name but no relation.

Yeah, I know, I was surprised too.  All these years I thought they were brothers.  Nope.

5 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

“The reason is simple,” David Brown, a movie firearms safety coordinator, wrote in American Cinematographer magazine in 2019. “We want the scene to look as real as possible.” In particular, real guns have a certain weight and recoil that is hard to replicate, particularly when close camera work is involved.

This explanation is understandable, but also both unreasonable and unacceptable.  Firearms are not toys.  Have told this to my kids numerous times.

2 minutes ago, MLCKAA said:

This explanation is understandable, but also both unreasonable and unacceptable.  Firearms are not toys.  Have told this to my kids numerous times.

Who was using them as a "toy"? They were using them as a tool to make a movie. 

This time it was misused, or it was a planned occurrence. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Who was using them as a "toy"? They were using them as a tool to make a movie. 

This time it was misused, or it was a planned occurrence. 

I’m pretty sure you understand my point.

1 minute ago, MLCKAA said:

I’m pretty sure you understand my point.

I agree it's not a toy in the sense that people should just have them to fock around with if they don't know how to use them. 

But I am just saying I don't think that is the situation here.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, DonS said:

Alex needed someone to throw under the bus. And he hired her.

4 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Alex needed someone to throw under the bus. And he hired her.

100% whether it was his idea or some other tool's idea. First thing I thought when seeing that.

The gun just "went off" -- on its own! Wow! Liberals were right all along!  Guns are skeery! 

"Baldwin was working with the director and the cinematographer demonstrating how he was going to draw his revolver from its holster and where his arm would be for the new shot. While demonstrating, the firearm went off. "

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/alec-baldwin-accidental-shooting-details-halyna-hutchins-death

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

The gun just "went off" -- on its own! Wow! Liberals were right all along!  Guns are skeery! 

"Baldwin was working with the director and the cinematographer demonstrating how he was going to draw his revolver from its holster and where his arm would be for the new shot. While demonstrating, the firearm went off. "

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/alec-baldwin-accidental-shooting-details-halyna-hutchins-death

I guess guns kill people on their own after all. People don't kill people at all. Who knew? :dunno:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Not to sidetrack, but got somebody at work who goes by the pronoun of "they"/ Confuses the shiit out of me.

" Scotty's in dairy today and is just swamped. They need more help!"

How many people do they have working in Dairy today?

It's just Scotty and they are swamped!

They? Who else?

Huh? 

What? 

Feels like a GD Abbott & Costello routine. 

Seriously, we invented pronouns for a reason.

brilliant :thumbsup:

Just now, Mike Honcho said:

Prop master(armorer) & Asst. Director probably will be the ones who will face charges, IMO.

Not including baldwin in charges would absolutely confirm the others are scapegoats. baldwin is the one who killed someone. 

10 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Prop master(armorer) & Asst. Director probably will be the ones who will face charges, IMO.

Of course.  Baldwin is a big hollywood name.  They will try to keep him immune to the real world.
The 'prop master' is a nobody....expendable if it means saving a hollywooder. 

Baldwin is 100% at fault. 

He took a gun,  didn't assume it to be loaded (in the real world "I didn't know it was loaded" doesn't fly) like you are supposed to, pointed it at someone, and pulled the trigger and fired a live round into them.  But it was someone elses fault?

He is negligent.  Didn't know how to handle a gun.  Yet chose to handle a gun. Ignorance is not an excuse for murder.  Well, for real world folks anyway.  For hollywood unicorn liberals, they just do as they want.

Mike Honcho didn't say it was someone else's fault...he only said "someone else will be the one(s) to face charges"

So not pointing fingers at him...

But...you can bet your ass...anyone that blames someone else...is a true liberal to the core.

How long before Baldwin returns to making "mean tweets" about anything and anyone that is not a liberal?  Will he learn a valuable lesson and finally STFU? 

4 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

Of course.  Baldwin is a big hollywood name.  They will try to keep him immune to the real world.
The 'prop master' is a nobody....expendable if it means saving a hollywooder. 

Baldwin is 100% at fault. 

He took a gun,  didn't assume it to be loaded (in the real world "I didn't know it was loaded" doesn't fly) like you are supposed to.
He is negligent.  Didn't know how to handle a gun.  Yet chose to handle a gun. Ignorance is not an excuse for murder.  Well, for real world folks anyway.  For hollywood unicorn liberals, they just do as they want.

He was told it wasn't loaded. 

Should he have checked, yes---but I doubt he's required to do that(if charges are brought, I'm wrong).  The prop master and the Asst Director though are required to do that, that's why they will face charges IMO. 

Imagine in the real world you go around pointing guns at people.  Accidentally shoot and kill someone.

And your defense is " i was told it wasn't loaded". And it was good enough for the courts.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Should he have checked, yes---but I doubt he's required to do that(if charges are brought, I'm wrong).  The prop master and the Asst Director though are required to do that, that's why they will face charges IMO. 

I added above...while you were replying.

It doesn't matter if he was TOLD it wasn't loaded.   That's not how you handle a gun.   Liberals might disagree. They might think that's a great way to handle a gun. 

If TELLING SOMEONE IT ISN'T LOADED was a good idea and TRUSTING when someone tells you it isn't loaded was a good idea.....that's what they'd teach everyone.  They don't teach that. 

They teach the OPPOSITE.  

So let's review.

He was "TOLD" it wasn't loaded and he "TRUSTED" what he was told. 

How did that work out for him?  Pretty effective errrrrrr not so much?  Like...on a scale of 1-10...with 10 being effective in terms of safety, how do you think the dead girls family would rate it?

3 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

I added above...while you were replying.

It doesn't matter if he was TOLD it wasn't loaded.   That's not how you handle a gun.   Liberals might disagree. They might think that's a great way to handle a gun. 

If TELLING SOMEONE IT ISN'T LOADED was a good idea and TRUSTING when someone tells you it isn't loaded was a good idea.....that's what they'd teach everyone.  They don't teach that. 

They teach the OPPOSITE.  

So let's review.

He was "TOLD" it wasn't loaded and he "TRUSTED" what he was told. 

How did that work out for him?  Pretty effective errrrrrr not so much?

Yep. This is not a complicated matter. Just look at their own rules. 

It's even in the Actor's Equity Association. See bullet point #2 below.

https://www.actorsequity.org/resources/Producers/safe-and-sanitary/safety-tips-for-use-of-firearms/

SAFETY TIPS FOR USE OF FIREARMS

• Use simulated or dummy weapons whenever possible.
  • Treat all guns as if they are loaded and deadly.
  • Unless you are actually performing or rehearsing, the property master must secure all firearms.
  • The property master or armorer should carefully train you in the safe use of any firearm you must handle. Be honest if you have no knowledge about guns. Do not overstate your qualifications.
  • Follow all instructions given by the qualified instructor.
  • Never engage in horseplay with any firearms or other weapons. Do not let others handle the gun for any reason.
  • All loading of firearms must be done by the property master, armorer or experienced persons working under their direct supervision.
  • Never point a firearm at anyone including yourself. Always cheat the shot by aiming to the right or left of the target character. If asked to point and shoot directly at a living target, consult with the property master or armorer for the prescribed safety procedures.
  • If you are the intended target of a gunshot, make sure that the person firing at you has followed all these safety procedures.
  • If you are required to wear exploding blood squibs, make sure there is a bulletproof vest or other solid protection between you and the blast packet.
  • Use protective shields for all off stage cast within close proximity to any shots fired.
  • Appropriate ear protection should be offered to the cast members and stage managers.
  • Check the firearm every time you take possession of it. Before each use, make sure the gun has been test-fired off stage and then ask to test fire it yourself. Watch the prop master check the cylinders and barrel to be sure no foreign object or dummy bullet has become lodged inside.
  • Blanks are extremely dangerous. Even though they do not fire bullets out of the gun barrel, they still have a powerful blast than can maim or kill.
  • Never attempt to adjust, modify or repair a firearm yourself. If a weapon jams or malfunctions, corrections shall be made only by a qualified person.
  • When a scene is completed, the property master shall unload the firearms. All weapons must be cleaned, checked and inventoried after each performance.
  • Live ammunition may not be brought into the theatre.
  • If you are in a production where shots are to be fired and there is no qualified property master, go to the nearest phone and call Actors' Equity Association. A union representative will make sure proper procedures are followed.
  • State and federal safety laws must be honored at all times.
  • If any of the above safety tips conflict with the instructions given by a qualified instructor, abide by the instructions from the qualified instructor. If you are still not sure, contact your Equity Business Representative.

2 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Yep. This is not a complicated matter. Just look at their own rules. 

They might also want to take a closer look at bullet point #5, and actually hire someone that is qualified:

Follow all instructions given by the qualified instructor.

14 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Baldwin was the producer also. People had already quit because of safety concerns. 

15 minutes ago, DonS said:

They might also want to take a closer look at bullet point #5, and actually hire someone that is qualified:

Follow all instructions given by the qualified instructor.

Absolutely. All bullets above should be in place. But in this case, baldwin should have executed bullet point two (his job), then found a live bullet in there and raised hell about it. Everyone has their job to do in the process. That includes the most important of them all, final check by the person who will be pulling the trigger.   

McDonalds got in trouble and lost a lawsuit to some dumb chick who spilled hot coffee in her lap while driving not because the coffee was hot, but because they had it in their store rules that the coffee needed to be max at or below a certain temperature. If they did not have that in their training documentation, then they don't lose the lawsuit. 

If someone handed you a gun and told you it wasn’t loaded would you put it to your head and pull the trigger?

27 minutes ago, Cantaloupe Fingerbang said:

Baldwin was the producer also. People had already quit because of safety concerns. 

The articles I read point the finger directly at the asst. director for much of the safety concerns.  I doubt as producer or actor he will face charges, but as producer will most likely be culpable for damages to the family in civil trail for not firing negligent AD after concerns had been raised.

4 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

The articles I read point the finger directly at the asst. director for much of the safety concerns.  I doubt as producer or actor he will face charges, but as producer will most likely be culpable for damages to the family in civil trail for not firing negligent AD after concerns had been raised.

The guy who pulled the trigger was negligent per their own rules. 

Treat all guns as if they are loaded and deadly.

1 minute ago, Utilit99 said:

The guy who pulled the trigger was negligent per their own rules. 

Treat all guns as if they are loaded and deadly.

Tips aren't rules. Clearly, though, they should have better rules to prevent this from happening.

1 minute ago, Mike Honcho said:

Tips aren't rules. Clearly, though, they should have better rules to prevent this from happening.

Baldwin is guilty.

Gross negligence is used as a standard for criminal law, for example, under manslaughter in English law.[4] Under common law, criminal negligence is defined as a gross deviation from a reasonable standard of care. 

Even if found guilty, it's not as if he will actually do any time. 

1 hour ago, Mike Honcho said:

The articles I read point the finger directly at the asst. directo

Oh...well then...that trumps any other safety measures.   

assistant director is guilty then.

58 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Tips aren't rules.

Oh...so ....okay cool.  The good 'ol "It's not in the rule book" argument.  That's crafty.  Never thought of that! 

So If I point a gun at someone, pull the trigger and it fires a live round, and it kills them, I can just say "I didn't know it was loaded"

thennnnn....if they further argue....I can just say "Its not in the rule book.  Show me the exact written official rule that says I can't point a gun at someone and pull the trigger if I thought it was unloaded." Then drop the mic by saying "Nanna nanna boo boo! " and then stick my tongue out. 

8 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

Oh...so ....okay cool.  The good 'ol "It's not in the rule book" argument.  That's crafty.  Never thought of that! 

So If I point a gun at someone, pull the trigger and it fires a live round, and it kills them, I can just say "I didn't know it was loaded"

thennnnn....if they further argue....I can just say "Its not in the rule book.  Show me the exact written official rule that says I can't point a gun at someone and pull the trigger if I thought it was unloaded." Then drop the mic by saying "Nanna nanna boo boo! " and then stick my tongue out. 

Or you could say, oh, my friend told me it wasn't loaded so of course I didn't need to check for myself, I mean Joe said it was ok. So when I killed that person, not my fault man. Only people who voted for Trump need to be held personally responsible for bad things they are a part of.

Imagine a conservative actor on the set shooting a black woman.