RaiderHaters Revenge

Had to put my Dane down

šŸ˜„

poor guy had tumors in his shoulder leading to deterioration and eventually shoulder dislocation, vet also found a tumor in eye. Told me only options were full amputation of his leg which still wouldn't stop the spreadĀ 

love that dog

šŸ˜„šŸ˜„šŸ˜„

• Sad 2

Hate these threads.Ā  Pets rule.Ā  Sorry to hear that.Ā  How old was he?Ā 

I lost a guppy fish the other day. Sure I've got 30 more and they reproduce like crazy, but it still hurts.

• Haha 1

Sorry you are having to go through it.

Ā 

my best

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

šŸ˜„

poor guy had tumors in his shoulder leading to deterioration and eventually shoulder dislocation, vet also found a tumor in eye. Told me only options were full amputation of his leg which still wouldn't stop the spreadĀ 

love that dog

šŸ˜„šŸ˜„šŸ˜„

so sorry manĀ šŸ˜„

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

so sorry raiders. pups are the best. nice pics, looked on the smaller side as a Dane.

yah I called him my mini dane, I got him from someone giving him away, I dont think he was pure maybe like 75% with some Dobie or something as a grandparent

Ā 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

yah I called him my mini dane, I got him from someone giving him away, I dont think he was pure maybe like 75% with some Dobie or something as a grandparent

Ā 

we also had to put down our oldest dog this year as well, tumors & blindness......she was awesome, miss her.

• Sad 1

A few years ago we were at the dog park with our dogs.Ā  There was some kind of meet up of Great Dane owners going on as there were a couple dozen of those dogs galloping about.Ā  It was so cool seeing so many at once.Ā  The variety in the colors of their coats was very interesting to see. :thumbsup:

Ā 

• Thanks 1

Ā So damn sorry brother. I really am!!!Ā Ā Puppies have a very special place in my heart. All our friends and family!!!Ā 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Sorry to hear man.Ā  Dogs > Most people

This x1000!Ā 

• Thanks 2

Sorry man. It sucks having to make that call. Ā :(

Ā 

• Thanks 1

Ā There was a guy who used to go to my local watering hole that would bring in his Dane. Everybody loved that puppy. Hadnā€™t seen him in years and ran into him on Mardi Gras day. Had a new puppy. Named her Charming. Beautiful and majestic.

Ā 

Ā A little piece of advice. Iā€™ve had to go through this many times. Hardest thing to do. I had to do it for my Father. But you get through it by remembering ALL the great times and the special bond shared between you, him, and your family. I cried for months after I lost Bogey. What got me through it was knowing I did the right thing and heā€™s happy and in a special time.Ā 
Ā 

Ā My new wife loves dogs. She has a sign over her dryer that reads, ā€œHeavens the place where all the dogs youā€™ve ever loved come to greet youā€

• Thanks 1