Djgb13

The left wants Joe Rogan off Spotify

I would like to meet the people who thought anything he said was true, or serious......

1 hour ago, Alias Detective said:

Neil Young is dead to me

Yah,  WTF is that?    What the hell is going on with these former "rebels" who are now all in on conformity?     And what "vaccine misinformation" is Rogan spreading?    That he doesn't want to get vaxed?   How is that "misinformation"?      He's telling people to make their own decisions not to do what he did.      Neil's brain must be cooked from all the drugs over all the years.    What a shame.    

This thread should probably be renamed "Joe Rogan wants Joe Rogan off spotify".

I copied the important stat point from the article, however if you like Joe it may be a good read. The jist of it is he has half as much influence now that he is on spotify compared to before.

We found that prior to going exclusive, from December 2019 to November 2020, Rogan’s guests could expect to gain around 4,000 Twitter followers in the week after their episode premiered. After he went exclusive, that number declined by half to around 2,000, suggesting a drop in listeners. To isolate the effect, we focused on people who had under 500,000 followers when going on Rogan’s show, since bigger names — someone like Dave Chappelle or Elon Musk — were likely to bring more attention to Rogan than vice versa.

https://www.theverge.com/22632213/joe-rogan-experience-spotify-exclusive-audience-reach

It’s ppl like Neil Young trying to extort a company into revoking freedom of speech that are the worst. I’d rather have ppl spewing misinformation than ppl trying to silence them. Especially when the government is trying to be the only ones controlling the information 

Apparently Spotify doesn't like ultimatums.  See ya Neil.  :lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I like much of Neil's music, but that was just a d!ck move, glad Spotify did the right thing

1 hour ago, 5-Points said:

Apparently Spotify doesn't like ultimatums.  See ya Neil.  :lol:

And good riddance. These companies need to start telling these privileged liberals to fock off. The company isn’t going to lose money but the artist will. How much are y’all willing to bet within a year or two Neil Young changes his tune when the checks aren’t rolling in anymore? 

• Thanks 1

These aging rockers need to keep quiet. No one cares what you have to say. No one ever did. Play that funky music white boy, and stfu and stop ruining our enjoyment of your music. You’re only relevant because of the internet. No one is going out of their way to get your take on things. 

• Thanks 1

It’s funny, cause NOONE says “I don’t want me CDs sold at Walmart anymore because they also sell the National Inquirer which is full of misinformation!” Yet, someone says something about the covid virus/vaccine the person doesn’t agree with? You’d think they shot their dog. These retarded liberals love to pick and choose what outrages them. Yet refuse to acknowledge the truth or their hypocrisy when pointed out to them 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Fock Neil Young and a southern man don need him around anyhow.

That move blew up in his face.

35 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

It gets better…

What a clown. Nice job, Neil. 

This one turned out to be sorta funny in the end  😂

So has anyone answered Young’s call to be removed from Spotify?  DaveGrohl? Springsteen? Bryan Adams? 

On 1/26/2022 at 8:12 PM, avoiding injuries said:

It gets better…

Sold it for 150 million.  What a closet capitalist con man. 

With all of this noise about Rogan, most of it about "he's spreading Covid misinformation".   I still haven't seen anyone say what "misinformation" he's spreading.    Is it that he isn't vaxed?    I don't believe that Rogan has ever said "you shouldn't get vaxed either".     Some are saying it's some of the stuff that Malone said.   But that doesn't make a lot of sense as that is something Dr Malone said, not Rogan.    If that's the case why are they going after Rogan instead of Malone?   

Honest question, I really don't know the answer to this:  Does anyone know what "Covid misinformation" that Rogan has supposedly said that has everyone all lathered up about?    

4 hours ago, Masshole said:

With all of this noise about Rogan, most of it about "he's spreading Covid misinformation".   I still haven't seen anyone say what "misinformation" he's spreading.    Is it that he isn't vaxed?    I don't believe that Rogan has ever said "you shouldn't get vaxed either".     Some are saying it's some of the stuff that Malone said.   But that doesn't make a lot of sense as that is something Dr Malone said, not Rogan.    If that's the case why are they going after Rogan instead of Malone?   

Honest question, I really don't know the answer to this:  Does anyone know what "Covid misinformation" that Rogan has supposedly said that has everyone all lathered up about?    

Ivermectin stuff

I think we are now understanding that wearing a mask to protect yourself was misinformation, right?

13 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Ivermectin stuff

Really?    Hasn't the whole Ivermectin thing been settled?     And Rogan never said "you should take Ivermectin".     He just said it was one of several medications he took when he got CV19.   

1 hour ago, Masshole said:

Really?    Hasn't the whole Ivermectin thing been settled?     And Rogan never said "you should take Ivermectin".     He just said it was one of several medications he took when he got CV19.   

Preachin to the choir dude...I agree...he is too smart to just blindly say anything...

1 hour ago, Masshole said:

The misinformation was from CNN and the like shreeking to the rooftops that Joe is taking horse dewormer.  When he clearly said otherwise.  

Brendan O'neill with another great article:   https://www.spiked-online.com/2022/01/27/hippies-for-censorship/

Here’s the thing about Rogan: his success is the least mysterious thing in the 21st-century media landscape. It is the colonization of the mainstream media by woke elites who all think in the exact same way, and who will hound you off their turf if you don’t, that created the conditions in which a questioning, dissenting pod like Rogan’s could become a global phenomenon. It is the mainstream media’s failures that birthed the success of Rogan and others; it is the stifling of free, frank, deep discussion in the old media that created the space for new media to emerge and flourish.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So has anyone answered Young’s call to be removed from Spotify?  DaveGrohl? Springsteen? Bryan Adams? 

Yeah, that relevant musical power house Joni Mitchell.  :lol:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Good god. Adam Ant hasn’t weighed in yet though. Liberals are such clowns. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Good god. Adam Ant hasn’t weighed in yet though. Liberals are such clowns. 

She probably just wanted to get her name in the news one last time before she kicks the bucket. 

10 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

She probably just wanted to get her name in the news one last time before she kicks the bucket. 

She’s one of those people that posers claim to love but no one listens to anymore.  Like Leonard Cohen and to some extent Dylan. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

How is it that these old liberal freedom fighters have become part of the groupthink police?  :dunno: 

19 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

How is it that these old liberal freedom fighters have become part of the groupthink police?  :dunno: 

They haven't changed. They were told what to think back then and they're  being told what to think today and by the same people. Their "side" just happens to be calling the shots today. 

They were all about "RESIST" when the last guy was in office. Now that the they got old brain dead Joe in office it's time for everybody to get in line. They just call it unity instead of conformity. 

18 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

They always were. They just chose a different group. 

So Neil Young doesn’t even own his own music. He couldn’t legally get Spotify to take it off. But guess who does own his music?

Pfizer does. No wonder they are so infuriated. Should tell you everything you need to know about this sham about “misinformation” 

https://poptopic.com.au/news/exposed-neil-young-heavily-linked-to-big-pharma-and-pfizer/

8 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

So Neil Young doesn’t even own his own music. He couldn’t legally get Spotify to take it off. But guess who does own his music?

Pfizer does. No wonder they are so infuriated. Should tell you everything you need to know about this sham about “misinformation” 

https://poptopic.com.au/news/exposed-neil-young-heavily-linked-to-big-pharma-and-pfizer/

Nothing to see here.  Another strawman. Just ask Mooney.

• Confused 1

Amazing. Young ain’t signing for Pepsi, he ain’t singing for Coke. He is singing for Pfizer though. 

• Confused 1

It is disheartening that people think science is one view only, and not the ongoing debate of views.....

9 minutes ago, RLLD said:

It is disheartening that people think science is one view only, and not the ongoing debate of views.....

This is what bothers me the most.  Retarded people on both sides have hijacked "science" to be what they want.  In the end, it's evidence based, data based, it changes, it's a debate, it's the best guess.