Pimpadeaux

Ukraine - Doomsday

37 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

:dunno:

Biden tells US troops they’ll be in Ukraine in war gaffe

President Biden told US troops in Poland Friday that they will witness the bravery of Ukrainians fighting off Russia’s invasion “when you’re there” — making a significant gaffe after he previously said the US must stay out of the European conflict to avoid triggering “World War III.”

Biden made the remark while addressing members of the Army’s 82nd Airborne Division after lunching on pizza and posing for selfies with dozens of paratroopers at a mess hall in Rzeszow, southeastern Poland.

“You’re going to see when you’re there, and some of you have been there, you’re gonna see — you’re gonna see women, young people standing in the middle in front of a damned tank just saying, ‘I’m not leaving, I’m holding my ground,’” Biden said.

A White House official quickly clarified that Biden wasn’t changing his stance on deploying the military into Ukraine.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2022/03/25/joe-biden-says-us-troops-will-be-in-ukraine-in-apparent-gaffe/amp/

Oops. Lol.

38 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

That Biden is shrewd; Now Putin has to wonder if that was a mistake or foreshadowing.

you misspelled shriveled....his body and brain.

So it looks like the Russian general was run over and had suffered broken legs but did eventually die from his injuries. 

8 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

So it looks like the Russian general was run over and had suffered broken legs but did eventually die from his injuries. 

So it looks like your president is a focking senile old loon. :lol: But in reality for this country. :(

Remarks by President Biden in Press Conference

MARCH 24, 2022SPEECHES AND REMARKS

NATO Headquarters
Brussels, Belgium

Q    Sir, deterrence didn’t work.  What makes you think Vladimir Putin will alter course based on the action you’ve taken today?

THE PRESIDENT:  Let’s get something straight: You remember, if you’ve covered me from the beginning, I did not say that in fact the sanctions would deter him.  Sanctions never deter.  You keep talking about that. 

Sanctions never deter.  The maintenance of sanctions — the maintenance of sanctions, the increasing the pain, and the demonstration 

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/speeches-remarks/2022/03/24/remarks-by-president-biden-in-press-conference-7/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remarks by Vice President Harris in Press Gaggle

FEBRUARY 20, 2022SPEECHES AND REMARKS

The Westin Grand Munich
Munich, Germany

Q    When he spoke after your meeting, he shared his frustration with countries like the U.S. who say that a attack is likely to happen in Ukraine but that you won’t put sanctions in place until that happens. 

You — the administration has continually said that retaining those sanctions holds on to some leverage.  But if you believe Putin has made up his mind, what leverage do you really have?  Why not put those sanctions in place now?

THE VICE PRESIDENT:  The purpose of the sanctions has always been and continues to be deterrence.  But let’s also recognize the unique nature of the sanctions that we have outlined.

These are some of the greatest sanctions, if not the strongest, that we’ve ever issued.  As I articulated yesterday, it is directed at institutions — in particular, financial institutions — and individuals, and it will exact absolute harm for the Russian economy and their government.

Q    But if Putin has made up his mind, do you feel that this threat that has been looming is really going to deter him?

THE VICE PRESIDENT:  Absolut- — we strongly believe — and remember also that the sanctions are a product not only of our perspective as the United States but a shared perspective among our Allies.  And the Allied relationship is such that we have agreed that the deterrence effect of these sanctions is still a meaningful one, especially because — remember, also — we still sincerely hope that there is a diplomatic path out of this moment. 

And within the context then of the fact that that window is still opening, altho- — open, although it is absolutely narrowing — but within the context of a diplomatic path still being open, the deterrence effect, we believe, has merit.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/speeches-remarks/2022/02/20/remarks-by-vice-president-harris-in-press-gaggle-2/

29 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

So it looks like your president is a focking senile old loon. :lol: But in reality for this country. :(

Remarks by President Biden in Press Conference

MARCH 24, 2022SPEECHES AND REMARKS

NATO Headquarters
Brussels, Belgium

Q    Sir, deterrence didn’t work.  What makes you think Vladimir Putin will alter course based on the action you’ve taken today?

THE PRESIDENT:  Let’s get something straight: You remember, if you’ve covered me from the beginning, I did not say that in fact the sanctions would deter him.  Sanctions never deter.  You keep talking about that. 

Sanctions never deter.  The maintenance of sanctions — the maintenance of sanctions, the increasing the pain, and the demonstration 

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/speeches-remarks/2022/03/24/remarks-by-president-biden-in-press-conference-7/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remarks by Vice President Harris in Press Gaggle

FEBRUARY 20, 2022SPEECHES AND REMARKS

The Westin Grand Munich
Munich, Germany

Q    When he spoke after your meeting, he shared his frustration with countries like the U.S. who say that a attack is likely to happen in Ukraine but that you won’t put sanctions in place until that happens. 

You — the administration has continually said that retaining those sanctions holds on to some leverage.  But if you believe Putin has made up his mind, what leverage do you really have?  Why not put those sanctions in place now?

THE VICE PRESIDENT:  The purpose of the sanctions has always been and continues to be deterrence.  But let’s also recognize the unique nature of the sanctions that we have outlined.

These are some of the greatest sanctions, if not the strongest, that we’ve ever issued.  As I articulated yesterday, it is directed at institutions — in particular, financial institutions — and individuals, and it will exact absolute harm for the Russian economy and their government.

Q    But if Putin has made up his mind, do you feel that this threat that has been looming is really going to deter him?

THE VICE PRESIDENT:  Absolut- — we strongly believe — and remember also that the sanctions are a product not only of our perspective as the United States but a shared perspective among our Allies.  And the Allied relationship is such that we have agreed that the deterrence effect of these sanctions is still a meaningful one, especially because — remember, also — we still sincerely hope that there is a diplomatic path out of this moment. 

And within the context then of the fact that that window is still opening, altho- — open, although it is absolutely narrowing — but within the context of a diplomatic path still being open, the deterrence effect, we believe, has merit.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/speeches-remarks/2022/02/20/remarks-by-vice-president-harris-in-press-gaggle-2/

BDS activated!

1 minute ago, Pimpadeaux said:

BDS activated!

Honestly- just do like I do and ignore him by skipping right past his posts. 

2 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Oops. Lol.

I know you are trolling, but at least try a little.  :lol:

1 hour ago, Sean Mooney said:

Shucks

30 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I know you are trolling, but at least try a little.  :lol:

Nah, he made a gaffe. It's a short-lived thing, although HT will be babbling about it 40 years from now when he's in his wheelchair at the nursing home, alienating everyone with his incoherent, stuck-in-the past ramblings.

3 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Nah, he made a gaffe. It's a short-lived thing, although HT will be babbling about it 40 years from now when he's in his wheelchair at the nursing home, alienating everyone with his incoherent, stuck-in-the past ramblings 

That's not a gaffe, just stop already.  :lol: 

A gaffe is mispronouncing a word on a cue card, not an entire paragraph about how the soldiers will see things when they get to Ukraine.  HTH

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

A gaffe is mispronouncing a word on a cue card, not an entire paragraph about how the soldiers will see things when they get to Ukraine.  HTH

Simmer down. Clownzo did this on a daily basis. One of his most recent ones was that he said we had sent an amphibious force into Ukraine, and the Fox anchor had to correct him. Don't lose your mind here. It's all going to be OK 

• Sad 1

50 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

BDS activated!

So that makes no sense to you? 

Are.you that stupid?

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Simmer down. Clownzo did this on a daily basis. One of his most recent ones was that he said we had sent an amphibious force into Ukraine, and the Fox anchor had to correct him. Don't lose your mind here. It's all going to be OK 

TRUMP!!!:cry:

• Confused 1

Just now, Utilit99 said:

So that makes no sense to you? 

Are.you that stupid?

You're more tedious, unfunny, mentally challenged and boring than ever. Time to ignore you.

16 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Yep. No gaffe. He kept saying "You're going to see." Meaning when you are in Ukraine.

But as always....Trump!!!  :cry:

Liberals are so focking stupid.

4 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

You're more tedious, unfunny, mentally challenged and boring than ever. Time to ignore you.

So you got nothing except Trump!! :cry:

20 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

I thought that was the one where he mistakenly thought Ingraham was telling him we sent them in.  If not, then it doesn't sound like a gaffe.

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

I thought that was the one where he mistakenly thought Ingraham was telling him we sent them in.  If not, then it doesn't sound like a gaffe.

Right, he looked really stupid all around on that one. On the scale of presidents saying stupid things, let's not lose our shat over this Biden gaffe. No one but those desperate for controversial crumbs will be talking about this in a matter of days.

1 hour ago, Sean Mooney said:

Honestly- just do like I do and ignore him by skipping right past his posts. 

Lunch lady is sad. :(

Like the entire world, I thought Russia would plow through Ukraine with minimal resistance and early on it seemed they would. But that didn't happen partly because the Russian military is clearly a product of rampant corruption, but a lot of credit has to go to the early fighting efforts of Ukrainians which bought them time for U.S. to supply arms and gain international support.

4 weeks later and it seems the press is ready to do a victory lap with every story saying Russia's war is doomed. Maybe they are, but it seems premature. I'd be shocked if Putin gives up so quickly and tucks his tail to run away. I expect Russia to continue fighting (mostly bombing residences) just to get a modest consideration in return for a cease fire. They'll probably demand a portion of eastern Ukraine to get a land bridge to Crimea, reduced international sanctions, and try to save a little face. I still think Ukraine could lose this war and perhaps they do to which could lead to agreeing to some Russian demands. At the very least, they might concede some land just to keep their cities from being reduced to ruble, even if they aren't technically losing militarily. Be interesting to see how it plays out. 

One thing is for sure, the economic cost to Russia will be felt for decades. Aside from sanctions, foreign investment will dry up and all of Europe is seeking alternative energy supplies. Putin is now one of the most despised men on Earth and respect of Russian military is in the toilet. What a complete catastrophe for Russia, all within four weeks. Insane. I love it.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Like the entire world, I thought Russia would plow through Ukraine with minimal resistance and early on it seemed they would. But that didn't happen partly because the Russian military is clearly a product of rampant corruption, but a lot of credit has to go to the early fighting efforts of Ukrainians which bought them time for U.S. to supply arms and gain international support.

4 weeks later and it seems the press is ready to do a victory lap with every story saying Russia's war is doomed. Maybe they are, but it seems premature. I'd be shocked if Putin gives up so quickly and tucks his tail to run away. I expect Russia to continue fighting (mostly bombing residences) just to get a modest consideration in return for a cease fire. They'll probably demand a portion of eastern Ukraine to get a land bridge to Crimea, reduced international sanctions, and try to save a little face. I still think Ukraine could lose this war and perhaps they do to which could lead to agreeing to some Russian demands. At the very least, they might concede some land just to keep their cities from being reduced to ruble, even if they aren't technically losing militarily. Be interesting to see how it plays out. 

One thing is for sure, the economic cost to Russia will be felt for decades. Aside from sanctions, foreign investment will dry up and all of Europe is seeking alternative energy supplies. Putin is now one of the most despised men on Earth and respect of Russian military is in the toilet. What a complete catastrophe for Russia, all within four weeks. Insane. I love it.

I love it as well. Putin's arrogance, fueled via corruption and surrounding himself with those agree with him, has been his undoing. He has no face left to save. He has handed his country one of the most military humiliations in history. Check out how the Fins pantsed them in 1939. 

But I'll hold out on crystallizing all this in my mind until Casual Encounters pries himself away from jack2ajock.com and posts a link to KookyKiev's Twitter account that posts information that keeps his boner past the point of calling a doctor. 

Zelenskyy again called for peace on Friday but warned that Ukraine would not give up its land as part of negotiations.

“The territorial integrity of Ukraine should be guaranteed,” he said in his nighttime video address to the nation. “That is, the conditions must be fair, for the Ukrainian people will not accept them otherwise.” apnews.com 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

I love it as well. Putin's arrogance, fueled via corruption and surrounding himself with those agree with him, has been his undoing. He has no face left to save. He has handed his country one of the most military humiliations in history. Check out how the Fins pantsed them in 1939. 

But I'll hold out on crystallizing all this in my mind until Casual Encounters pries himself away from jack2ajock.com and posts a link to KookyKiev's Twitter account that posts information that keeps his boner past the point of calling a doctor. 

TRUMP!!!!  :cry:

18 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

These "western officials" are obviously in the know, otherwise they wouldn't get quoted. Right? 

I wasn't reading it from western officials.  Why wouldn't you just look it up on you're own and form a reasonable opinion on it instead of just bashing what others say right away?

8 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

Good summation.    Thank you.  

On 3/24/2022 at 6:04 PM, Sean Mooney said:

Ad fontes especially puts a ton of research into their analysis. You can read all about it on their website or other sources that discuss them.

Sorry I’ve looked quite a bit into this but on the basic level the fact that it gives more credibility to msnbc and cnn vs fox and some garbage like mother Jones more credibility than daily wire while calling it dangerous is a flat out biased placement

calls Washington post and cnn middle ground nope not at all. This chart is junk 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Right, he looked really stupid all around on that one. On the scale of presidents saying stupid things, let's not lose our shat over this Biden gaffe. No one but those desperate for controversial crumbs will be talking about this in a matter of days.

Is "gaffe" the word your lib MSM thought leaders have decided to use for this egregious mistake?  Because you keep saying gaffe.  It's almost like if you use the word gaffe enough, we'll eventually come to see it as a gaffe. :dunno: 

59 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Is "gaffe" the word your lib MSM thought leaders have decided to use for this egregious mistake?  Because you keep saying gaffe.  It's almost like if you use the word gaffe enough, we'll eventually come to see it as a gaffe. :dunno: 

Gaffe uck yourself. :doublethumbsup:

12 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

Honestly- just do like I do and ignore him by skipping right past his posts and keep pushing liberal talking points as much as you can. Oh, and whine about Trump a lot. He sent mean tweets that our feelers so he deserves it. 

:dunno:

2 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I wasn't reading it from western officials.  Why wouldn't you just look it up on you're own and form a reasonable opinion on it instead of just bashing what others say right away?

Dude, I look EVERYTHING up before I comment. At that point there were absolutely no verified facts, just heresay from unknown sources.  Anyone quoting an unknown source should be ashamed of themselves, but the press has no shame and is really 90% propaganda. I expect better from those here because lies don't put food on our tables.

26 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Dude, I look EVERYTHING up before I comment. At that point there were absolutely no verified facts, just heresay from unknown sources.  Anyone quoting an unknown source should be ashamed of themselves, but the press has no shame and is really 90% propaganda. I expect better from those here because lies don't put food on our tables.

It was from Politico Europe what I posted. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Sorry I’ve looked quite a bit into this but on the basic level the fact that it gives more credibility to msnbc and cnn vs fox and some garbage like mother Jones more credibility than daily wire while calling it dangerous is a flat out biased placement

calls Washington post and cnn middle ground nope not at all. This chart is junk 

Reasonable people can disagree on this. I've heard the lady who runs Ad Fontes talk on a podcast somewhere before (if I can find it again I will share it with you) but essentially they have people working for them who are from all corners of the political spectrum. There is some bias, as there will always be when humans are involved, but they try very hard to keep things balanced at all times. There might be minor things that one can disagree with but what I like about them- for one- is separating the online and channel version of the news channels. I wish they would go further on the TV and break it down by portions of the day. I'm not going to pretend like I watch a lot of FOX News (or really MSNBC or CNN for that matter) but I've often found that before like 4pm FOX News is mostly factual and fair. Once The Five kicks in through midnight it gets far more opinion based.

7 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

It was from Politico Europe what I posted. 

Demand more from your sources. :dunno:

5 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Reasonable people can disagree on this. I've heard the lady who runs Ad Fontes talk on a podcast somewhere before (if I can find it again I will share it with you) but essentially they have people working for them who are from all corners of the political spectrum. There is some bias, as there will always be when humans are involved, but they try very hard to keep things balanced at all times. There might be minor things that one can disagree with but what I like about them- for one- is separating the online and channel version of the news channels. I wish they would go further on the TV and break it down by portions of the day. I'm not going to pretend like I watch a lot of FOX News (or really MSNBC or CNN for that matter) but I've often found that before like 4pm FOX News is mostly factual and fair. Once The Five kicks in through midnight it gets far more opinion based.

I actually listened to her and read alot of what she wrote, and she says all the right things, but the comparisons I made I stand by

MSNBC is 100% opinion based race baiting nonsense (I watch alot of it), so that fact that it isnt at least lower than FOX on the other side tells me what I need to know

it gives credibility to WAPO and The guardian, while completely discrediting and calling the Daily Wire DANGEROUS

3 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I actually listened to her and read alot of what she wrote, and she says all the right things, but the comparisons I made I stand by

MSNBC is 100% opinion based race baiting nonsense (I watch alot of it), so that fact that it isnt at least lower than FOX on the other side tells me what I need to know

it gives credibility to WAPO and The guardian, while completely discrediting and calling the Daily Wire DANGEROUS

MSNBC on the web is not 100% opinion based race baiting. That's your opinion coloring the analysis. Where does it say The Daily Wire is dangerous on the website?

6 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

MSNBC on the web is not 100% opinion based race baiting. That's your opinion coloring the analysis. Where does it say The Daily Wire is dangerous on the website?

is that only based on websites?  I am talking about the tv channel

2 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

is that only based on websites?  I am talking about the tv channel

Ok...MSNBC TV is in the "Analysis or High Variation in Reliability" category. FOX News TV is in the "Opinion or High variation in reliability" category. That is one where I think if you broke out FOX News TV from like 9am to 4pm it would be higher up because everything from 5 to 11 pm is really strong opinion. 

3 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Ok...MSNBC TV is in the "Analysis or High Variation in Reliability" category. FOX News TV is in the "Opinion or High variation in reliability" category. That is one where I think if you broke out FOX News TV from like 9am to 4pm it would be higher up because everything from 5 to 11 pm is really strong opinion. 

https://ritholtz.com/2019/01/media-bias-chart-4-0/

this was from the indigogo campaign

maybe it has evolved but this picture was clipped right from it

https://jerz.setonhill.edu/blog/2017/11/10/vanessa-oteros-updated-media-bias-chart/otero-media-bias-chart-4-0/