edjr

John Farrell (ex Red Soft manager) just tipped my girl $6 on his $34.20 lunch

1 minute ago, edjr said:

She didn't complain one bit. I did.  cheap ass.

Not everyone is super wealthy like you and flaunts it by tipping 30% and rounding up or whatever you do.  That's just throwing away money.

1 minute ago, Gepetto said:

Not everyone is super wealthy like you and flaunts it by tipping 30% and rounding up or whatever you do.  That's just throwing away money.

John Farrell is HTH

3 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

OK, got it.

it is perspective really. I have bartended by whole life on the side and her too and server. We over tip for sure.  But a lot of people really need those tips. Luckily we don't. 

She works 10 to 2. its perfect mom hours to drop the kid off and pick him up.

I really made the thread to say John Farrell was in my sad town. :cry: 

• Thanks 1

$6 on $34.20 is 17.5% ....?   That's more than I tip. 

Sometime in the 90's the world decided 20% was the new standard. But restaurant prices have skyrocketed, and now the tip percentage is supposed to go up too?  Nuts to that. Ya get 15% no matter what.

Terrible service ... 15%

Mediocre service ... 15%

Awesome service ... 15%

2 hours ago, edjr said:

Not even 20%.  cheap focker.. She sent me the slip. :mad:

just the tip?

What's sad is that people EXPECT a 20%+ tip. I tip 20% for good service on a regular basis......but it shouldn't be expected. Here's a TIP......If you want to do better.......get out of the food service industry, earn an EXPECTED hourly wage...........& pay taxes on ALL your earnings. If not.......STFU.

What’s the difference between you bringing me a 40 dollar steak and a 30 dollar chicken dish? Why do you get an extra two bucks depending on what I order? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Nomad99 said:

What's sad is that people EXPECT a 20%+ tip. I tip 20% for good service on a regular basis......but it shouldn't be expected. Here's a TIP......If you want to do better.......get out of the food service industry, earn an EXPECTED hourly wage...........& pay taxes on ALL your earnings. If not.......STFU.

The waiters and waitresses should get into coding before the coal miners and factory workers beat them to it!

• Like 1

A lot of poor people showing their true colors @ FFT 

Female bartenders suck for the most part. I still give them too much. They don’t deserve it most of the time. 

9 minutes ago, edjr said:

Rich people don't stay rich by giving their money away.

7 minutes ago, edjr said:

yea. fockin guy without a dishwasher making yous look cheap!!! i always give 20% and round up. sometimes more during the covid BS

• Like 1

No one ever on the history of this board shares more personal things with the board. Trying so hard to start anti-political threads and different stuff to discuss. 

This my thanks :cry: 

1 minute ago, porkbutt said:

yea. fockin guy without a dishwasher making yous look cheap!!! i always give 20% and round up. sometimes more during the covid BS

2006 was a long time ago my friend

Just now, edjr said:

2006 was a long time ago my friend

:D

for 34.20 lunch...i go 35 x 10% twice = $7.. and then i leave $42

4 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

:D

for 34.20 lunch...i go 35 x 10% twice = $7.. and then i leave $42

That's my usual method.  If paying by credit card I'd just go straight $7 though. 

Grady Little would have asked for a different waitress after the food had been served 

2 minutes ago, DonS said:

That's my usual method.  If paying by credit card I'd just go straight $7 though. 

yes! true...card gets exact. depending on place i always try to tip in cash money

On the very, very rare occasion I’m not leaving a good tip I pay in cash. 

14 minutes ago, edjr said:

No one ever on the history of this board shares more personal things with the board. Trying so hard to start anti-political threads and different stuff to discuss. 

This my thanks :cry: 

Starting by calling all people who don’t agree with you cheap. Right 

Never entrusting a single fact about yourself, your work, or your family, to the digital world.

22 minutes ago, DonS said:

I wonder how much Aaron Rodgers would've tipped???  🤔

I bet he's a doosh and thinks his presence is their tip

14 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

On the very, very rare occasion I’m not leaving a good tip I pay in cash. 

I always pay cash

My regular lunch sub shop gets $2 a person.  There are 4 of us so she gets $8 tax free in a tip on top of the $12 an hour on the books.  That’s one of 6 tables and a 5 seat bar.  Oh and oodles of takeout tips too.

notbadformakingsammiches.

Twice some waiter kept like $20 or more instead of giving me change first.  Had to wait and track them down to get change and then leave a regular tip like planned.  Focking thieves.

2 hours ago, edjr said:

She didn't complain one bit. I did.  cheap ass.

What did she send you the slip for? To show you that she served Farrel, and when you saw the tip, it upset you?

Ever have lunch with "Mr. Judge of Waiters" ?  It's time to pay the bill and give a tip they start analyzing...

"Well, she only refilled my water twice and it took longer to get the food than I expected... but she was semi-nice, although I didn't like her tattoos... so I don't know... 10%, maybe 15%..."

For the love of God. Just pay up and let's go. You suck.  :mad:

10 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Ever have lunch with "Mr. Judge of Waiters" ?  It's time to pay the bill and give a tip they start analyzing...

"Well, she only refilled my water twice and it took longer to get the food than I expected... but she was semi-nice, although I didn't like her tattoos... so I don't know... 10%, maybe 15%..."

For the love of God. Just pay up and let's go. You suck.  :mad:

:thumbsup: 

3 minutes ago, Horseman said:

You also don't pay a full 15 or 20 percent when two thirds of the bill came from the bar, right?

:rolleyes:

just stay home make ramens with a sixer of schmidt's lite horsemanstein

12 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

:rolleyes:

just stay home make ramens with a sixer of schmidt's lite horsemanstein

Hey I don't mind it for my $6 drafts, but, the $20 fancy cocktails my hotwife has to order every damn time adds up in a hurry.  Forget chicken vs steak.

Tipping rules:  When you are comped on a drink make sure to tip the full amount, your waitress isn't doing any less work.  OK.

So what the difference in work for well vs. top shelf, someone had to reach up?

2 minutes ago, Horseman said:

Tipping rules:  When you are comped on a drink make sure to tip the full amount, your waitress isn't doing any less work.  OK.

Anything that I get comped for I always make sure I tip for that...

9 minutes ago, Horseman said:

So what the difference in work for well vs. top shelf, someone had to reach up?

dude you want top shelf but can't tip on it? just never made sense to me

reminds me of some friends and guys i know....big houses, luxury cars...but disappear when time to pay the bill or start analyzing effort by waitress and tipping 5%.

i'll live in small or reasonable house and drive a preowned car before i'm a cheapass...but hey that's just me.

26 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

reminds me of some friends and guys i know....big houses, luxury cars...but disappear when time to pay the bill or start analyzing effort by waitress and tipping 5%.

i'll live in small or reasonable house and drive a preowned car before i'm a cheapass...but hey that's just me.

I always knew why I liked you.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, edjr said:

if you're a chepass, sure. the tip is no going to the state (usually)

Or the IRS because you know for a fact that she's not claiming it.  Heck, she probably only claims about 40% of she makes anyway.

3 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Or the IRS because you know for a fact that she's not claiming it.  Heck, she probably only claims about 40% of she makes anyway.

Depends. 

33 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

a) I think a lot of stuff in this thread is in jest.  I don't really do those things, I'm a really generous tipper.

b) I think it depends on where the money comes from.  If you're self made you did it by paying attention to every red cent and it's a hard habit to break.  If you're born into it you're more likely to be reckless with money.

More than anything I want consistent logical rules.  You can't use the amount of work argument for comped drinks and then ignore it when the bill includes a thousand dollar bottle of wine. But the etiquette rules do.  And the you're rich so you can afford it plays right in to the liberal agenda.