Sign in to follow this  
NorthernVike

Biden's gas prices - Doomsday

I have a gas station two blocks from my house that is brand new and nice and keeps 87 octane gas at $3.49 a gallon.  Every other gas station is $3.89 around here. 

On 3/9/2022 at 6:22 AM, NorthernVike said:

Gas and diesel had already doubled BEFORE muthaRussia  invaded Ukraine and now it's redickulass.  Diesel jumped 70 cents overnight here.  :mad:

FJB

Hey MORON, the president has NOTHING to do with the cost of fuel. You shidiot trumpsters are simply stupid.

4 hours ago, huskyhater75 said:

Hey MORON, the president has NOTHING to do with the cost of fuel. You shidiot trumpsters are simply stupid.

Lol 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, huskyhater75 said:

Who did Amazon relocate out of Seattle? Trump! 

• Confused 1

36 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Who did Amazon relocate out of Seattle? Trump! 

It is hilarious to me that lefties and our own centrists here can't admit that Dems ruin cities and create crime.  The writing is in their face in bold letters.  But they don't want to read it because they know it is clearly true.

Was it worms or someone else that said thr Pacific NW was fine and crime reported was being exaggerated ?  No matter the proof otherwise.   

People of these places know this and most all do not like it.  Yet they will STILL vote that way.  These people are mentally damaged.   Very much in denial.   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

It is hilarious to me that lefties and our own centrists here can't admit that Dems ruin cities and create crime.  The writing is in their face in bold letters.  But they don't want to read it because they know it is clearly true.

Was it worms or someone else that said thr Pacific NW was fine and crime reported was being exaggerated ?  No matter the proof otherwise.   

People of these places know this and most all do not like it.  Yet they will STILL vote that way.  These people are mentally damaged.   Very much in denial.   

Vomit told me there is no crime problem in NYC. MDC told us crime is down over the last 30 years.  

9 hours ago, huskyhater75 said:

:lol:

Go back and finish middle skool boy.  Get yourself lernt.  

9 hours ago, huskyhater75 said:

That’s what Obama said, so it must be true. 

is it $10 per gallon yet?

I am going to BJs later for gas. it's not that bad.

Current Fuel Prices
Regular: $3.999 Updated Mar 9
Premium: $4.219 Updated Mar 9

22 minutes ago, edjr said:

Current Fuel Prices
Regular: $3.999 Updated Mar 9
Premium: $4.219 Updated Mar 9

$4.39 here for regular.

Had a long chat with my mechanic a few weeks back, he mentioned to buy gas from the larger companies. Like Mobile and such. It's proven better for your car. 

1 hour ago, edjr said:

is it $10 per gallon yet?

It's retreating and the futures contracts have dropped quite a bit from it's peak a week ago. 

5 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

It's retreating and the futures contracts have dropped quite a bit from it's peak a week ago. 

Maybe Russia made a deal with China to sell  it to them on the cheap for 30 years? I know, impossible, right? Well that happened weeks before he invaded. Now that China has their back it’s obvious the deal will stand. It’s supply and demand! 

7 hours ago, edjr said:

I guess you can get used to anything. Still, I think it’s better to just pay for gas with cash. 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Maybe Russia made a deal with China to sell  it to them on the cheap for 30 years? I know, impossible, right? Well that happened weeks before he invaded. Now that China has their back it’s obvious the deal will stand. It’s supply and demand! 

Yes we know you are a simpleton

15 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Interesting retort. When did you realize you like little boys? Seems being a pedo might be hurting you in your arguments.

52 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Simple fact. I know you hate it, but your feelings don’t change the fact. 

20 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Simple fact. I know you hate it, but your feelings don’t change the fact. 

Thank you for the dumb opinion.

Just now, Sean Mooney said:

Thank you for the dumb opinion.

It’s my opinion that China and Russia signed a 30 year oil deal right before the invasion? Just because you choose to remain ignorant in these affairs, don’t get mad at me. Maybe you just don’t know why it’s important? That has to be it. 

12 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It’s my opinion that China and Russia signed a 30 year oil deal right before the invasion? Just because you choose to remain ignorant in these affairs, don’t get mad at me. Maybe you just don’t know why it’s important? That has to be it. 

We used to have these people called "The Moonies" around my city when I was young. I thought they went away. Clearly Sean is proof they are still alive and unwell.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unification_Church_of_the_United_States

• Thanks 1

On 3/16/2022 at 11:28 AM, Utilit99 said:

$4.39 here for regular.

Had a long chat with my mechanic a few weeks back, he mentioned to buy gas from the larger companies. Like Mobile and such. It's proven better for your car. 

In some cases it is more cost effective to buy cheap gas from a local place and then add your own fuel injector cleaner. The only difference between cheap gas and the gas from larger companies like Shell, Exxon, etc is the amount of detergents in the gasoline. The same refineries produce the cheap gas and the name brand gas.

https://www.consumerreports.org/fuel-economy-efficiency/top-tier-gasoline-worth-the-extra-price-a7682471234/

For the test, an independent engine testing lab that specializes in fuel analysis operated an engine continuously for 100 hours on a cycle to represent 4,000 real miles of use. The engine was then disassembled and photographed, and its key components were weighed and measured to determine the thickness of carbon deposits. Six fuels were used, randomly selected and split among three basic gasoline sources and three Top Tier.

The results showed that on average, non-Top Tier gasoline had 19 times more carbon deposits on injectors, on intake valves, and in the combustion chamber than Top Tier gasoline.

AAA also found Top Tier gasoline can have a cleansing effect, reducing intake valve deposits by 45 to 72 percent when used over a 5,000-mile interval. Variation in the results is attributed to the detergents used by different brands.

11 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

In some cases it is more cost effective to buy cheap gas from a local place and then add your own fuel injector cleaner. The only difference between cheap gas and the gas from larger companies like Shell, Exxon, etc is the amount of detergents in the gasoline. The same refineries produce the cheap gas and the name brand gas.

https://www.consumerreports.org/fuel-economy-efficiency/top-tier-gasoline-worth-the-extra-price-a7682471234/

For the test, an independent engine testing lab that specializes in fuel analysis operated an engine continuously for 100 hours on a cycle to represent 4,000 real miles of use. The engine was then disassembled and photographed, and its key components were weighed and measured to determine the thickness of carbon deposits. Six fuels were used, randomly selected and split among three basic gasoline sources and three Top Tier.

The results showed that on average, non-Top Tier gasoline had 19 times more carbon deposits on injectors, on intake valves, and in the combustion chamber than Top Tier gasoline.

AAA also found Top Tier gasoline can have a cleansing effect, reducing intake valve deposits by 45 to 72 percent when used over a 5,000-mile interval. Variation in the results is attributed to the detergents used by different brands.

Makes sense. 

I usually use the higher rated gas and then add a bottle of Techron fuel system cleaner at every oil change. 

I used to get this "cylinder 5 misfire" error and my engine light would come on and off all the time. After using the Techron for a while I no longer get that. Maybe it's coincidence but, who knows? 

I have 140,000 miles on my car now.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2022 at 10:20 PM, huskyhater75 said:

We went from the "The buck stops here" to "Not my problem" Biden.  What a leader.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, nobody said:

We went from the "The buck stops here" to "Not my problem" Biden.  What a leader.

leading from behind.  fix nothing, get shidiots like rusty to say its not bidens fault.

1 hour ago, lod001 said:

Not bad.

If a white guy says that it's racciss

6 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

I think it's impressive that Biden raised the price of gas worldwide. 

Maybe we should add to the good things Biden has done..."Makes the US set oil contract prices worldwide."

5 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Maybe we should add to the good things Biden has done..."Makes the US set oil contract prices worldwide."

You guys just accept that the leader of the most powerful and influential nation in the world can't influence gas prices?  

If I had the resources Biden has at his disposal, you'd better be god damned sure I'd have gas prices where I want them.  All these carrots and all these sticks at his disposal and he can't figure out a way to leverage OPEC?  He's either incompetent or doesn't care.  Neither are good.

4 minutes ago, nobody said:

You guys just accept that the leader of the most powerful and influential nation in the world can't influence gas prices?  

If I had the resources Biden has at his disposal, you'd better be god damned sure I'd have gas prices where I want them.  All these carrots and all these sticks at his disposal and he can't figure out a way to leverage OPEC?  He's either incompetent or doesn't care.  Neither are good.

Cool.

58 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Teacher. 

At the start of the invasion, gas hit a high of $4.09 here. 

Has been dropping ever since.........paid $3.52 an hour ago. 

11 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

I think it's impressive that Biden raised the price of gas worldwide. 

uh, most of the country firmly believes putin does not invade ukraine if trump is president.  therefore, there is no war, and gas prices therefore stay lower than they are now.  so obviously, biden's very existence as president raised the price of gas worldwide.

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Cruzer said:

At the start of the invasion, gas hit a high of $4.09 here. 

Has been dropping ever since.........paid $3.52 an hour ago. 

What a bargain.  🙄

You guys act like we haven't had a fuel crisis before.  We've had high prices before and they will drop just like before.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

You guys act like we haven't had a fuel crisis before.  We've had high prices before and they will drop just like before.

Not if the policy doesn’t change. This was brought about by policy. And activist investors. 

11 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Not if the policy doesn’t change. This was brought about by policy. And activist investors. 

You're saying Biden's policies made prices go up worldwide?  Are they also causes prices to come back down as well?

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

You're saying Biden's policies made prices go up worldwide?  Are they also causes prices to come back down as well?

I'd be willing to give him a pass on fluctuations that have occurred in this last month. Granted, he bumbled in the leadup to war, but Putin seemed pretty dang determined to invade even without his screwups (tipping his hat over strategy and the only a small incursion flap).

Previously, Biden owns the shutdown on Keystone Pipeline and the hostile atmosphere towards domestic production and so the first year is more telling.

1 minute ago, Voltaire said:

I'd be willing to give him a pass on fluctuations that have occurred in this last month. Granted, he bumbled in the leadup to war, but Putin seemed pretty dang determined to invade even without his screwups (tipping his hat over strategy and the only a small incursion flap).

Previously, Biden owns the shutdown on Keystone Pipeline and the hostile atmosphere towards domestic production and so the first year is more telling.

I don't see the shutdown of the pipeline addition making that much of an effect on our current prices.  I do agree that his policies leading to a lack of financial backing are harmful but that's about it.