Utilit99

Twitter adopts 'poison pill' to prevent Elon Musk takeover

Just now, Rocky Dennis said:

You're not a man.

Something something 50 percent something something despite being 13 percent of the population

3 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

Just to play devil's advocate......I mean- writing a law to take away something that existed for a company for 55 years just because they chose to speak out about their disagreement with something- is kind of weaponizing against free speech as well. 

The lesson here is- both sides are hypocritical about these things and refuse to see it in themselves. Additionally, let the public vote with their choices and dollars. 

This is where I get confused.  We have leftist talking heads decrying Elon Musk, insinuating he is a racist among other things.  We know how Chik Fil A was treated for announcing their corporate stance. Yet, when it comes back to them, suddenly the left is aggrieved.

I have an idea. Don't do it to us, we wont do it to you. But, if you decide to take some action then do not pretend to be upset when we do it back. 

I think this is fair. A better idea of course is to NOT cancel, ban, suspend or criminalize people for their opinions. 

38 minutes ago, RLLD said:

This is where I get confused.  We have leftist talking heads decrying Elon Musk, insinuating he is a racist among other things.  We know how Chik Fil A was treated for announcing their corporate stance. Yet, when it comes back to them, suddenly the left is aggrieved.

I have an idea. Don't do it to us, we wont do it to you. But, if you decide to take some action then do not pretend to be upset when we do it back. 

I think this is fair. A better idea of course is to NOT cancel, ban, suspend or criminalize people for their opinions. 

I know you have to try and keep score here but I very clearly said- both sides do it. You, and others here, try to make this a sole issue of the left while ignoring times the right has gone after people (or tried to) and the massive issue with Disney right now.

I'm not the leftist talking heads. I'm not the left. I'm telling you- both sides are dumb on this and trying to pretend one side does it but not the other is stupid. 

12 hours ago, TimHauck said:

So to be clear, the claim is not that the big accounts were being "shadowbanned" and content hidden or whatever, it's just that they had followers who got banned and now got unbanned? 

I didn't watch the video so I don't know that particular claim.  "Shadowbanning," if you define that as algorithms suppressing the promulgation of (for lack of a better word) conservative messaging absolutely happens; to think otherwise is to find it difficult to have an intelligent conversation on the topic.  Numerous specific examples have already been provided.

5 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

Shhh.....they don't like logical arguments

I imagine that some number of people who never bothered to join Twitter before did so on the Musk announcement, and all immediately followed Tim Poole et al.  Previously they just weren't interested but now they are.  How many do you think Occam justifies?  The tens of thousands or more that people are seeing?

I'm reminded of my recent point to you about the LGBT/PA topic, and CRT.  In this case:

Right:  Twitter shadowbans and otherwise restricts conservative content.
Left:  That's crazy talk.
Right:  Fine, Musk just bought it, if there is any he plans to fix it.
Left:  AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH

I mean seriously, if none of this is going on, Twitter should see no change under Musk's regime, which is increasingly labeled as "apartheid white supremacist" by the unbiased MSM.  :dunno: 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Rocky Dennis said:

Catchphrase and music? You deserve to die of a heart attack today for such an unfunny post, and then following it up with 6 emojis.

This ladies and gentlemen, is the classic example of someone trying way too hard.

Whew boys we got a live one! This is not a drill. You all know your roles 

46 minutes ago, Rocky Dennis said:

No, but I can read your posts and know you're not a man.

We’ve all read your posts and it clearly shows either a hormonal woman or a liberal man with a with a small cack is running your account. Either way, you’re getting laughed at not only by us but the rest of the world too 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

If you have any doubt of shadowbanning occurring, review the articles about "fortifying" the 2020 election.

Just now, Djgb13 said:

We’ve all read your posts and it clearly shows either a hormonal woman or a liberal man with a with a small cack is running your account. Either way, you’re getting laughed at not only by us but the rest of the world too 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

😂 now huh?  I guess this means this post was 35% funnier than your song lyrics from earlier.

😂 now huh?  I guess this means this post was 35% funnier than your song lyrics from earlier.

Yep. Downright hilarious. Ima switch it up on you now 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Everyone go ahead and wave by to Rocky retard cause his meltdown is gonna get him banned 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

@Rocky Dennisthat focking blows that @vomit got banned.  Whoever reported him:  I hope you die in a puddle of ebola-infused AIDS.  I can't believe somebody is so thin skinned that they report somebody for their content.

And I say this in a thread where I and most of you are supporting Twitter opening up to discussions from ALL perspectives including those you don't agree with.

If you can't take a dissenting opinion, punch yourself in the face a few times and delete your account.  You have no use here.

Focking pathetic.  :thumbsdown: 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Djgb13 said:

Everyone go ahead and wave by to Rocky retard cause his meltdown is gonna get him banned 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Are you gonna report me again like you did to Vomit?

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

@Rocky Dennisthat focking blows that @vomit got banned.  Whoever reported him:  I hope you die in a puddle of ebola-infused AIDS.  I can't believe somebody is so thin skinned that they report somebody for their content.

And I say this in a thread where I and most of you are supporting Twitter opening up to discussions from ALL perspectives including those you don't agree with.

If you can't take a dissenting opinion, punch yourself in the face a few times and delete your account.  You have no use here.

Agree whole heartedly on all accounts.  It's all good though, after Rocky Dennis gets banned I got a few more.

4 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Exactly 

22 hours ago, vomit said:

So it's about Trump, you're crying because Trump was banned.  He was banned for inciting violence, not his conservative views.  There are lots of conservatives on twitter that tweet conservative views.  And stop crying about the election you baby.  You're either crying about the election or sh!tting your pants about nuclear war.  Grow up.

Vomit wasn’t banned because of his liberal views, he was banned because he’s so mean. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Vomit wasn’t banned because of his liberal views, he was banned because he’s so mean. 

Awww, Did vomit hurt your wittle feewings?

4 minutes ago, Rocky Dennis said:

Are you gonna report me again like you did to Vomit?

Lol I haven’t reported gutterpedo for anything nor have I ever reported anyone. The fact that you’re thinking that means this is an alias of someone having a meltdown, probably gutterpedo himself 🤣🤣🤣🤣

5 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Jerry get a grip, the idiot already has 10 aliases and then creates a new one because the 11th got banned.  There are bigger fish to fry.

10 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I didn't watch the video so I don't know that particular claim.  "Shadowbanning," if you define that as algorithms suppressing the promulgation of (for lack of a better word) conservative messaging absolutely happens; to think otherwise is to find it difficult to have an intelligent conversation on the topic.  Numerous specific examples have already been provided.

I imagine that some number of people who never bothered to join Twitter before did so on the Musk announcement, and all immediately followed Tim Poole et al.  Previously they just weren't interested but now they are.  How many do you think Occam justifies?  The tens of thousands or more that people are seeing?

I'm reminded of my recent point to you about the LGBT/PA topic, and CRT.  In this case:

Right:  Twitter shadowbans and otherwise restricts conservative content.
Left:  That's crazy talk.
Right:  Fine, Musk just bought it, if there is any he plans to fix it.
Left:  AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH

I mean seriously, if none of this is going on, Twitter should see no change under Musk's regime, which is increasingly labeled as "apartheid white supremacist" by the unbiased MSM.  :dunno: 

It is very simple. When Trump was booted lots of people left Twitter in protest. Lots of people came back. As a matter of fact- according to Twitter's reported numbers in Q3 of 2021 they had 37 million US users, which was up 1 million from 2020. Now that Musk is "buying" Twitter more conservative people have joined thinking the chains are off, and people have left thinking- the chains are off. This stuff cancels each other out for the most part. It isn't a grand conspiracy even though I acknowledge those are more fun to try and make come to life. 

And shadow banning, and algorithms are manipulated based off of a user's habits just as much as anything else. 

Awww, Did vomit hurt your wittle feewings?

Impossible. He’s so nice. 

Just now, Djgb13 said:

Lol I haven’t reported gutterpedo for anything nor have I ever reported anyone. The fact that you’re thinking that means this is an alias of someone having a meltdown, probably gutterpedo himself 🤣🤣🤣🤣

OK back down to 4 🤣, glad you're dialing back the funny.  My knee was getting red from slapping it so much.

8 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I feel like he got banned for something dumb he said. Honestly have no clue. I’m all for leaving the messages up and not banning ppl so others can see how retarded they are. Though I didn’t see what vomit was saying cause I had him on ignore so I’m curious as to what got him banned :dunno: 

2 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Jerry get a grip, the idiot already has 10 aliases and then creates a new one because the 11th got banned.  There are bigger fish to fry.

Narc :thumbsdown:

3 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

I have a grip thank you, and I don't think there are bigger fish to fry than banning people in a thread about Twitter improving to ban fewer people.  :dunno: 

Just now, jerryskids said:

I have a grip thank you, and I don't think there are bigger fish to fry than banning people in a thread about Twitter improving to ban fewer people.  :dunno: 

I think we all have bigger worries than the banning of 1 persona of 10+ of the same thing.  When it's Booker, we'll go to war together. 

3 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

I feel like he got banned for something dumb he said. Honestly have no clue. I’m all for leaving the messages up and not banning ppl so others can see how retarded they are. Though I didn’t see what vomit was saying cause I had him on ignore so I’m curious as to what got him banned :dunno: 

My guess it is related to his "guide my fist to your face" or whatever comment yesterday, I forget what thread, maybe here.  To me it was an ill-played joke, but if somebody really thought he was threatening violence, I don't want to dismiss the feelings of xe/xer/xim.  More likely it was somebody with a middle-school reaction of "ooh, I can report this and maybe he'll get banned, aren't I the cool kid?$#@!"  :( 

• Confused 1

Just now, jerryskids said:

My guess it is related to his "guide my fist to your face" or whatever comment yesterday, I forget what thread, maybe here.  To me it was an ill-played joke, but if somebody really thought he was threatening violence, I don't want to dismiss the feelings of xe/xer/xim.  More likely it was somebody with a middle-school reaction of "ooh, I can report this and maybe he'll get banned, aren't I the cool kid?$#@!"  :( 

And yes, the fist to the face was a joke, I thought that was obvious, also I told someone to suck my d, which again I wasn't asking for oral sex, it's just a funny insult to say to someone.

Just to clear things up, vomit is only suspended for a week, so he's able to come back, but Rocky Dennis and his giant face my stick around for a while anyway.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, TimmySmith said:

I think we all have bigger worries than the banning of 1 persona of 10+ of the same thing.  When it's Booker, we'll go to war together. 

I can only interpret this as supporting the reporting if not more, so duly noted.  

Agree on Booker, so we've got that going for us I guess. :mellow: 

For all the tough talk from the right about freedom of speech and not being offended, they sure do get offended easily and try and limit what people say.

• Sad 1

And yes, the fist to the face was a joke, I thought that was obvious, also I told someone to suck my d, which again I wasn't asking for oral sex, it's just a funny insult to say to someone.

Just to clear things up, vomit is only suspended for a week, so he's able to come back, but Rocky Dennis and his giant face my stick around for a while anyway.

Anyone who took that seriously needs to put the phone down or step away from the keyboard and rinse the sand from their vagina.

On 4/27/2022 at 6:53 AM, vomit said:

Having been through this, there are lots of emotions that come with the purchase of your company, especially in a politically charged environment.  Just having empathy for the execs here, they have built a successful organization, following their ideals, brought it public, and can run the org as they see fit.  Now they lose their public status and any future equity, and the focus of the company is in doubt.  Who knows what Musk is going to do, who is going to be fired, how will things change.  It's a very uncertain time and the employees of twitter rightfully have anxiety and fear.

But I understand it's more fun to make this political and attack liberals, so have at it.

This post was borderline banworthy.  I'm thinking he self-reported.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gladiators said:

This post was borderline banworthy.

I should have known better than make a thoughtful post from my heart.  I should have just went with "suck my d!ck, fagg0t"

2 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

gutterpedo is trying to catch up with rusty for number of bans. They are both idiots.

19 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Yea I really don’t care what someone says here. I’d rather it just stay there for everyone to see and let them make their own judgements. 

But him telling me I should die from a heart attack today? Focked up. Not gonna report it cause I’d rather ppl see how unhinged he is but I can see someone who wants to shut him up reporting something like that 

32 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Just about IMO.  Some quick back of the napkin math.  Apparently there are roughly 69 million US twitter users according to google.  Let's say the left is more represented, so maybe 35% or so are on the right (also taking out some because some of the users are kids) - that's 24 million.  74 million people voted for Trump in 2020.    Just 1% of them joining twitter would be 740k and would be a 3% increase over the initial 24 million estimate.    I think Trump Jr led the way gaining over 200k followers.   That's still only 0.3% of the people that voted for Trump in 2020 (and of course not all of those new followers may be from the US).  Bottom line, yes I think it's reasonable to believe that the large majority of these new followers were people joining.

I think you can ask the same question about Occam re: shadowbanning.   How many conservatives that were already on twitter wouldn't have already been following most of these people with the big increases?  The tens of thousands or more that people are seeing?

14 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Good lord, “empathy”?? Here?!

I’ve change my mind—off with his head!