Utilit99

Twitter adopts 'poison pill' to prevent Elon Musk takeover

1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

How is Twitter screwed?  They were doing just fine before Musk made his offer.

They said only 5 pct of their users were fake. Trouble. 

How is Twitter screwed?  They were doing just fine before Musk made his offer.

Because they were lying about their worth. Overinflating. Which is a no no in business. Think prison time. Musk holds all the cards. 

1 minute ago, TimmySmith said:

Because they were lying about their worth. Overinflating. Which is a no no in business. Think prison time. Musk holds all the cards. 

Are you saying their financial statements are fraudulent?  Why would you make that claim?  Musk isn't making that claim.  It sounds like you're just spewing bull sh!t.

Link me to twitter filing false financials or jump in front of a train.

4 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Man, think if you did that in real estate, bragged that your properties were the greatest ever to secure more and more loans...dang, that would be bad.

2 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Man, think if you did that in real estate, bragged that your properties were the greatest ever to secure more and more loans...dang, that would be bad.

Well, you research it before closing.  If it’s overinflated, you don’t buy for that price. Which is what Musk is doing here. Your TDS blinds you once again. Smart people live by caveat emptor. 

8 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Are you saying their financial statements are fraudulent?  Why would you make that claim?  Musk isn't making that claim.  It sounds like you're just spewing bull sh!t.

Link me to twitter filing false financials or jump in front of a train.

Why would they make that claim? Hilarious. If you don’t know why you need to go back to your finance professor and have him explain. 

You guys just can't take off the libbie glasses here. If they were committing fraud and from the looks of the reactions, they were. And they are not just accountable to the buyer, they are accountable to shareholders. The danger of being public.  Why is everything political?

3 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

You guys just can't take off the libbie glasses here. If they were committing fraud and from the looks of the reactions, they were. And they are not just accountable to the buyer, they are accountable to shareholders. The danger of being public.  Why is everything political?

Exactly. Musk isn’t their immediate problem. It’s the shareholders. TDS man, it’s real.  

28 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Why would they make that claim? Hilarious. If you don’t know why you need to go back to your finance professor and have him explain. 

Yes, it's a valid question.  Why is Timmy claiming that Twitter filed fraudulent financials?  This is not being reported anywhere.  He probably made it up, or it's circulating on alt right sites for some crazy reason.

Yes, it's a valid question.  Why is Timmy claiming that Twitter filed fraudulent financials?  This is not being reported anywhere.  He probably made it up, or it's circulating on alt right sites for some crazy reason.

Poor Twitter. The biggest mush around is on their side. 

29 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

From the looks of the reactions?  What are you talking about?

You suggested they falsified their financial reporting.  Why would you suggest that?  looks of reactions?  Whose reactions?

And you're accusing me of being political?  There are no politics here.  I never mentioned politcs.

Please stop being stupid.

2 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

From the looks of the reactions?  What are you talking about?

You suggested they falsified their financial reporting.  Why would you suggest that?  looks of reactions?  Whose reactions?

And you're accusing me of being political?  There are no politics here.  I never mentioned politcs.

Please stop being stupid.

I love this guy. He can see racism everywhere, but is oblivious to his own apparent bias, that he confirms over and over again. 

Let me explain this to you guys, Musk offered $44B for Twitter.  Twitter's market cap is now $34B.  If he walks from the deal he pays $1B, so he saves $9B by walking.  If he only did this for a publicity stunt, that might be a sound financial option for him, especially since TSLA is down 30% since the initial offer.

7 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Let me explain this to you guys, Musk offered $44B for Twitter.  Twitter's market cap is now $34B.  If he walks from the deal he pays $1B, so he saves $9B by walking.  If he only did this for a publicity stunt, that might be a sound financial option for him, especially since TSLA is down 30% since the initial offer.

Still don’t get it. Twitter admitted it overstated its user numbers weeks ago.  I guess you missed it, it was on all the alt right sites like CNBC. Now it’s a matter of how much. They said one number, Musk disputes that number. Now if Musk pulls out, they have a problem with their shareholders. Getting rid of Musk isn’t their only problem now. 

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Still don’t get it. Twitter admitted it overstated its user numbers weeks ago.  I guess you missed it, it was on all the alt right sites like CNBC. Now it’s a matter of how much. They said one number, Musk disputes that number. Now if Musk pulls out, they have a problem with their shareholders. Getting rid of Musk isn’t their only problem now. 

I did miss that.

https://www.theverge.com/2022/4/28/23046170/twitter-miscounted-daily-users-three-years-q1-2022-earnings

I don't know if they can get in trouble with the SEC over this like the can if they falsify revenue, since the user counts are used for guidance and not actuals.

3 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

I did miss that.

https://www.theverge.com/2022/4/28/23046170/twitter-miscounted-daily-users-three-years-q1-2022-earnings

I don't know if they can get in trouble with the SEC over this like the can if they falsify revenue, since the user counts are used for guidance and not actuals.

If the deal that was going to make shareholders a chunk of money falls apart because they were misleading investors they will have to answer to them. Get it now? 

Poor righties been had :( 

I tried to warn you guys — Musk is not trustworthy

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

If the deal that was going to make shareholders a chunk of money falls apart because they were misleading investors they will have to answer to them. Get it now? 

What do you mean by "answer to them"?

Interesting turn this could be taking.  I wonder who might ultimately be accountable for the fraud if it is there and then could it be true that Musk still takes it over?

Not sure. Come what may it has been fun watching the totalitarians squirm.

3 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

What do you mean by "answer to them"?

Lawsuit. Fire people. 

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

Interesting turn this could be taking.  I wonder who might ultimately be accountable for the fraud if it is there and then could it be true that Musk still takes it over?

Not sure. Come what may it has been fun watching the totalitarians squirm.

You got had on a PR ploy. I know it’s painful :( 

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Huh?

Worms has been dumber than normal recently.  There is no outcome here that a right winger would argue with. 

On 4/27/2022 at 12:28 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

And like GG said, what would be the difference to what it is now? 

It’s all good 

22 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Worms has been dumber than normal recently.  There is no outcome here that a right winger would argue with. 

Lol really? Musk was your First Amendment Warrior who was going to buy Twitter outright and force change from within!!

Now it looks like it was a ploy to get your knickers wet for Musk.

And it worked.

I know, it sucks being played so easily. Sorry buddy :( 

2 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Do you even know what you’re talking about half the time? Cause you sure don’t act like it 

I remember someone on here argued with me a few years ago when I said "A good portion of Twitter are bot users" and they said everyone on Twitter is legit. I think it was MDC.

2 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Lol really? Musk was your First Amendment Warrior who was going to buy Twitter outright and force change from within!!

Now it looks like it was a ploy to get your knickers wet for Musk.

And it worked.

I know, it sucks being played so easily. Sorry buddy :( 

I think he may still want to buy it, just wants a better price.

Twitter stock now trading at a 40% discount to Musk's offer.  Odds of the buyout completing are slim.  He either walks away, pays the fine, and opens himself up for litigation, or he tries to renegotiate.

• Haha 1

:lol:   Turns out the poison pill was actually Musk.  He exposed the fraud in twitter and now they either negotiate with Musk, or face their shareholders.  Get woke, go broke. 

So when Musk is talking about 5% spam/bots, is he talking about accounts that are not even people?  Or is that number supposed to also include people with burner accounts in addition to their "normal" account?

26 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

:lol:   Turns out the poison pill was actually Musk.  He exposed the fraud in twitter and now they either negotiate with Musk, or face their shareholders.  Get woke, go broke. 

Do you have a source for that?

11 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

So when Musk is talking about 5% spam/bots, is he talking about accounts that are not even people?  Or is that number supposed to also include people with burner accounts in addition to their "normal" account?

Both inflate the numbers. What’s the difference? 

15 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Both inflate the numbers. What’s the difference? 

Agreed.  I have no idea the number of bots.  But I'd bet at least 5% of actual people probably have multiple accounts.  So I'd agree the 5% number is too low if the main metric they're looking for is "monetizable users"

Pretty amazing that Elon Musk has not spent a penny and has managed to out so much of the Twitter corruption, and really out people who oppose free speech.

It could also seem credible that he could destroy the company without every actually buying it. 

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

Pretty amazing that Elon Musk has not spent a penny and has managed to out so much of the Twitter corruption, and really out people who oppose free speech.

It could also seem credible that he could destroy the company without every actually buying it. 

Cheers to the smart people out there. :cheers:

Nobody needed this confirmation but, Twitter is a shltshow.