Utilit99

Twitter adopts 'poison pill' to prevent Elon Musk takeover

Just now, Mike Honcho said:

Or maybe they are doing it because they agreed to sell for a price, they have done what he wants, provided the information he wants and now they want their money.  It's hysterical that you guys aren't considering that part of the equation. Aren't considering that Musk got cold feet, didn't want to take on this amount of debt, saw that it was affecting the price of Tesla stock and is using any excuse he can make to get out of the deal.  

That’s possible. It’s also possible they have been committing fraud and he discovered it.  

3 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Or maybe they are doing it because they agreed to sell for a price, they have done what he wants, provided the information he wants and now they want their money.  It's hysterical that you guys aren't considering that part of the equation. Aren't considering that Musk got cold feet, didn't want to take on this amount of debt, saw that it was affecting the price of Tesla stock and is using any excuse he can make to get out of the deal.  

They are blinded into this idea that Musk is now some hardcore conservative who is taking down the liberal establishment of Twitter. Rich people have some weird hold on them. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It’s weird how centrists like Mooney and Honcho were upset that a centrist like Musk was buying Twitter. Sometimes I think they may not be centrists. 

Who thought he was conservative? 

2 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

They are blinded into this idea that Musk is now some hardcore conservative who is taking down the liberal establishment of Twitter. Rich people have some weird hold on them. 

Yeah. All the rich people are conservatives. Lol. You really have your pulse on the country, kid. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah. All the rich people are conservatives. Lol. You really have your pulse on the country, kid. 

Where did I say all rich people are conservatives? I enjoy you being wrong but have no idea what you get out of it.

1 minute ago, Sean Mooney said:

Where did I say all rich people are conservatives? I enjoy you being wrong but have no idea what you get out of it.

“Rich people have some kind of hold on them”. Could you kindly attempt to keep up with the bullshit you spew? Thanks 

4 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

No. He's as he describes himself ... a moderate who stood still while the left went overboard looney. 

Everybody is a hardcore conservative to the freakshow.

1 minute ago, Voltaire said:

No. He's as he describes himself ... a moderate who stood still while the left went overboard looney. 

Everybody is a hardcore conservative to the freakshow.

Well if he says so.....

In reality- he's an opportunist. He will go whichever way the wind blows if it makes him more money. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Well if he says so.....

In reality- he's an opportunist. He will go whichever way the wind blows if it makes him more money. 

I hope he's doing the right things for the right reasons. But even if he's doing the right things for the wrong reasons... as long as the right thing gets done, it's fine. Twitter can only improve with his involvement.

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

“Rich people have some kind of hold on them”. Could you kindly attempt to keep up with the bullshit you spew? Thanks 

Yes...but that does not translate to "All rich people are conservatives" no matter how much you try to make it happen.

Wake up and go back to sleep. 

1 minute ago, Sean Mooney said:

Yes...but that does not translate to "All rich people are conservatives" no matter how much you try to make it happen.

Wake up and go back to sleep. 

You directed it at conservatives. You suck at conversation. It’s mainly your ego thats the problem.  I always found mediocre people with big egos hard to understand.  

9 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You directed it at conservatives. You suck at conversation. It’s mainly your ego thats the problem.  I always found mediocre people with big egos hard to understand.  

Keep yelling "squirrel"

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

That’s possible. It’s also possible they have been committing fraud and he discovered it.  

If he discovered it, then he would say that instead of "they aren't giving me the paperwork I requested".  Pretty much what I said last month, he's fishing for reason possible to get out of the deal.  Which I think is smart, cause twitter is a lost cause.  He should pay the 1B penalty and be happy that's all it cost him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

A centrist has to like a rich person manipulating stock prices and screwing people out of retirement funds?

Interesting....

Well you love how biden is doing 

he’s not manipulating prices twitters price is devalued because they don’t have as many users as they claim. Seems like good business to me. But I doubt you know anything about business anyways. FYI Twitter is down just like every other stock thanks to your boy biden the centrist 

7 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

he’s not manipulating prices twitters price is devalued because they don’t have as many users as they claim. Seems like good business to me. But I doubt you know anything about business anyways. FYI Twitter is down just like every other stock thanks to your boy biden the centrist 

Whatever you have to tell yourself pal.

34 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I dont have to tell myself anything those are facts

It is so completely ignorant to blame Biden on why the market has fallen, and I hate Biden, but it's much more complex than that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, vomit said:

It is so completely ignorant to blame Biden on why the market has fallen, and I hate Biden, but it's much more complex than that.

He was taking credit when it went up. 

48 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Wait so is Twitter down because of Biden or is it down because they lied about how many users they have?

It looks like their stock dropped a lot from Oct through Jan, so of those 2 seems like moreso Biden, as their current price is actually pretty close to what it was in January.  It spiked after the news of Elon buying it in April, but then came back down, so I guess you could argue that was because they lied but it was probably a bit of an artificial increase to begin with.

14 minutes ago, vomit said:

I am not only blaming biden, but I am sure you will just blame russia

this administrations economic policies have had a negative affect on everything across the board

8 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Wait so is Twitter down because of Biden or is it down because they lied about how many users they have?

It looks like their stock dropped a lot from Oct through Jan, so of those 2 seems like moreso Biden, as their current price is actually pretty close to what it was in January.  It spiked after the news of Elon buying it in April, but then came back down, so I guess you could argue that was because they lied but it was probably a bit of an artificial increase to begin with.

its a combination of both, economic policies from this administration, brought everything down, then Musk inflated it like you said and its leveled back off where it was.  Mooney told us it was just a billionaire trying to manipulate prices and screw people out of their retirement

2 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

Well if he says so.....

I don’t have a finance minor…how does Musk make money by Twitter’s stock tanking if he doesn’t actually buy the company?

I used to think he was just trying to buy it for a lower price, but now it seems like he just wants out.  But I think that could have just as much to do with recession fears as their user data.

1 hour ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I am not only blaming biden, but I am sure you will just blame russia

this administrations economic policies have had a negative affect on everything across the board

I blame the fed, but Biden hasn't helped.  We'd be in the same boat with trump

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, vomit said:

k sure we would

we wouldn't be exporting fuel and shutting down pipelines

15 minutes ago, vomit said:

We literally wouldn't, what a stupid statement.

17 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

k sure we would

That didn't cause inflation 

13 minutes ago, Reality said:

We literally wouldn't, what a stupid statement.

We literally would, you're a retarded donkey

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

cause of Putin

Stop being retarded

• Thanks 1

So fuel Prices going way up doesn’t lead to inflation? This is just sad. Highly educated. 

On 4/28/2022 at 7:45 AM, MTSkiBum said:

This is my first time posting in this thread. If musk's offer is 54.20 how come the stock price sits at 49.03?

The DJIA has been on a downward trend and i think most people would expect that to continue. You could park money in twitter and be guaranteed ~10% once that deal is finalized.

Is this entire deal fake? Is Musk just playing the crowds, why is the market giving up free money?

The market knew this deal was never going to happen.

20 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

You should tell Joe that

Joe is too senile to be retarded.  He doesn't even know where he is anymore.

11 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

The market knew this deal was never going to happen.

This happens with every public acquisition 

2 minutes ago, vomit said:

This happens with every public acquisition 

I assume you are being sarcastic?

I don't remember a major acquisition that ends with the purchased entity suing the buyer.

The Microsoft/blizzard Activision has potential though.

5 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I assume you are being sarcastic?

I don't remember a major acquisition that ends with the purchased entity suing the buyer.

The Microsoft/blizzard Activision has potential though.

No I mean the share discount vs the purchase price.  It's greater when the public thinks the odds of completing the deal are lower.

19 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

its a combination of both, economic policies from this administration, brought everything down, then Musk inflated it like you said and its leveled back off where it was.  Mooney told us it was just a billionaire trying to manipulate prices and screw people out of their retirement

I never said it was "just" that. But that is a huge part of it. 

16 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

k sure we would

Here are some truths:

But environmental reviews by both the Obama and Trump administrations concluded that the Keystone XL pipeline would not have lowered gasoline prices. NRDC and its partners also found the majority of Keystone XL oil would have been sent to markets overseas—aided by a 2015 reversal of a ban on crude oil exports.

This lines up with an industry trend: Oil and gas companies are exporting 8.4 million barrels of crude oil and refined fuels every single day. That’s up nearly threefold from a decade ago, and an amount equal to 42 percent of our consumption. And these exports are more than 10 times the capacity of the proposed Keystone XL pipeline.

47 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

I never said it was "just" that. But that is a huge part of it. 

Here are some truths:

Lowered it from when? When it was 3 dollars a gallon? Would be nice to know that.