Utilit99

Twitter adopts 'poison pill' to prevent Elon Musk takeover

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Lowered it from when? When it was 3 dollars a gallon? Would be nice to know that. 

It a trick on words.  Its both true and a lie.

You see it WOULD have impacted prices by lowering them, but it would have taken some time, likely we would feel it by now.  Not every change is evident right away, some take time.  Risk is usually evident rather quickly whereas the lowering of risk will lag. 

5 minutes ago, RLLD said:

It a trick on words.  Its both true and a lie.

You see it WOULD have impacted prices by lowering them, but it would have taken some time, likely we would feel it by now.  Not every change is evident right away, some take time.  Risk is usually evident rather quickly whereas the lowering of risk will lag. 

True. But they were saying the same thing a while ago. I didn’t see a date on the article so I don’t know if it’s still accurate. It might be, but I doubt it. 

Guys, you don't dump $5t into an economy for 18 months and not get some inflation.  This on top of the trillions the fed has pumped since 2008.

But sure, it's because Biden stopped drilling for oil. :lol:

Focking donkeys

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, vomit said:

Guys, you don't dump $5t into an economy for 18 months and not get some inflation.  This on top of the trillions the fed has pumped since 2008.

Focking donkeys

I don’t think anyone is saying oil is the only reason. But you tricked yourself into thinking you’re smarter this morning. It’s a good way for you to start the day. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I don’t think anyone is saying oil is the only reason.

1 minute ago, vomit said:

I don’t know how you get I’m saying it’s the only reason. That would be stupid. But not as stupid as you saying it’s not a reason 

It’s hilarious how Elon finessed everyone at Twitter. Not only did he expose them but now they want to take him to court where they will HAVE to disclose all the bots and activities they were doing :lol: 

1 hour ago, Djgb13 said:

It’s hilarious how Elon finessed everyone at Twitter. Not only did he expose them but now they want to take him to court where they will HAVE to disclose all the bots and activities they were doing :lol: 

Only cost him a minimum of a billion dollars. Yeah he really finessed them

On 4/15/2022 at 3:55 PM, Cdub100 said:

I said in the other thread I don't trust Elon.

:first:

10 minutes ago, vomit said:

Link?

10 minutes ago, vomit said:

You think he’s paying that? He pays lawyers, not fines or whatever you want to call It. Let us know when the check clears.  

1 hour ago, Djgb13 said:

You really think they are taking him to court without thinking about disclosure?  

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You think he’s paying that? He pays lawyers, not fines or whatever you want to call It. Let us know when the check clears.  

Just making this easy to find when he pays way more than a billion . 

#Honchobump  

9 minutes ago, Reality said:

Link?

Some rough math, but he's probably lost close to that just on how much he spent acquiring 9% of twitter and how much it's lost in the last month. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

You really think they are taking him to court without thinking about disclosure?  

#Honchobump  

Some rough math, but he's probably lost close to that just on how much he spent acquiring 9% of twitter and how much it's lost in the last month. 

Ditto

I wonder what the penalty will be for misrepresenting your user base during an acquisition. 

Shareholders may end up being compensated as well depending on how corrupt the misrepresentation was. It wasn't much of a secret that Twitter had a massive amount of fake\bot accounts, this has been known for some time. Not sure why Twitter chose to vastly misrepresent that number but, it will be very interesting watching this play out.

A legal battle handled in the courts is the worst case scenario for Twitter.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2022/07/09/twitter-elon-musk-deal/

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Lowered it from when? When it was 3 dollars a gallon? Would be nice to know that. 

Article was written in early April of 2022.

2 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

Yeah he finessed them. Hero worship for Elon Musk at its finest. 

25 minutes ago, Reality said:

I wonder what the penalty will be for misrepresenting your user base during an acquisition. 

Shareholders may end up being compensated as well depending on how corrupt the misrepresentation was. It wasn't much of a secret that Twitter had a massive amount of fake\bot accounts, this has been known for some time. Not sure why Twitter chose to vastly misrepresent that number but, it will be very interesting watching this play out.

A legal battle handled in the courts is the worst case scenario for Twitter.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2022/07/09/twitter-elon-musk-deal/

There has not been any real proof (yet) that they misrepresented the number of users.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reality said:

Link?

Musk and Twitter both agreed in April that if a party chose to withdraw from the deal, that party would have to pay a fine of $1 billion.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nicholasreimann/2022/07/08/elon-musk-terminating-deal-to-buy-twitter-platform-plans-legal-action/

4 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Article was written in early April of 2022.

Yeah he finessed them. Hero worship for Elon Musk at its finest. 

There has not been any real proof (yet) that they misrepresented the number of users.  

You should probably start here.

https://www.reuters.com/technology/do-spam-bots-really-comprise-under-5-twitter-users-elon-musk-wants-know-2022-05-13/

This isn't going to play out in Twitter's favor, not by a long shot. Conservative estimates have them underselling the actual number by at least half of what it really is.

Once again, the existence of fake\bot users has been known for some time, not sure why Twitter chose to undersell it so brazenly.

2 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

#Honchobump  

You really think as much as they’ve gotten caught in lies and been exposed that they’re really using their brains to make decisions still? Cause all data and all their actions prove otherwise :dunno: 

3 hours ago, Reality said:

You should probably start here.

https://www.reuters.com/technology/do-spam-bots-really-comprise-under-5-twitter-users-elon-musk-wants-know-2022-05-13/

This isn't going to play out in Twitter's favor, not by a long shot. Conservative estimates have them underselling the actual number by at least half of what it really is.

Once again, the existence of fake\bot users has been known for some time, not sure why Twitter chose to undersell it so brazenly.

There is a lot of speculation there in that. 

On 7/9/2022 at 3:45 PM, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Putin did

Inflation was up before Russia invaded Ukraine though.  The largest factor in inflation is the huge increase in housing values, which started in 2020 driven by Covid and the demand for single family homes.  Covid (partly due to lockdowns, but also due to reduced demand as a result of the pandemic) was also a big factor in the supply constraints as once demand came back production was way behind.

30 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Inflation was up before Russia invaded Ukraine though.  The largest factor in inflation is the huge increase in housing values, which started in 2020 driven by Covid and the demand for single family homes.  Covid (partly due to lockdowns, but also due to reduced demand as a result of the pandemic) was also a big factor in the supply constraints as once demand came back production was way behind.

Best to check with CNN or MSFNC to see if that is the area the admin are blaming this week.

8 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Best to check with CNN or MSFNC to see if that is the area the admin are blaming this week.

If they were smart (too bad they’re not ) they would be, but they seem to be mostly blaming it on Putin or Republicans instead 

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

If they were smart (too bad they’re not ) they would be, but they seem to be mostly blaming it on Putin or Republicans instead 

I would not sweat it, next week they will claim it is someone or something else.... 🤣

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I would not sweat it, next week they will claim it is someone or something else.... 🤣

Well, Putin is the easiest target to blame. so that song will get replayed a lot. You've got Joe Manchin, President Trump, Mitch McConell, SCOTUS and the energy sector. 

The world has a shade under 8 billion people on the planet. That means when you subtract the alleged "81 million" completely moronic Americans that voted for Biden*, there are still 7.919 billion people to blame for everything going wrong.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Is Biden aware democrats control the house, senate and the White House? Yeah, it’s republicans fault. 

I don't understand choosing a side in this, I personnaly am rooting for both Twitter and Elon Musk to go down in flames.

I hope Elon loses tens of billions and this is the start of his fall. I also hope this bankrupts twitter.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Well, Putin is the easiest target to blame. so that song will get replayed a lot. You've got Joe Manchin, President Trump, Mitch McConell, SCOTUS and the energy sector. 

The world has a shade under 8 billion people on the planet. that means when you subtract the alleged "81 million" completely moronic Americans that voted for Biden*, there are still 7.919 billion people to blame for everything going wrong.

And don't forget those of African decent who are "not black" because they might disagree with an old white man....

On 7/9/2022 at 3:27 PM, MTSkiBum said:

I assume you are being sarcastic?

I don't remember a major acquisition that ends with the purchased entity suing the buyer.

The Microsoft/blizzard Activision has potential though.

It happens a lot.  The guy who runs Louis Vuitton had the French government block his acquisition of Tiffany's about a year ago.

Tiffany's ended up suing him

On 7/10/2022 at 6:14 AM, vomit said:

Focking donkeys

Preach, Biden didn't help by pumping another 1.2T for no reason (and trying to pump in another trillion plus before thankfully being stopped), but Trump giving out all that money during the pandemic lead to this, too.  He had to do something drastic to deal with the pandemic, but he overshot.

Also, I'm sure both sides are in the wrong here.  Musk most likely wants a cheaper price since Twitter was never worth 44B, and Twitter likely has more bots than they're reporting because their motivation isn't to suppress the user count, but rather get rid of the obvious bots so people don't notice them.

8 minutes ago, nobody said:

Preach, Biden didn't help by pumping another 1.2T for no reason (and trying to pump in another trillion plus before thankfully being stopped), but Trump giving out all that money during the pandemic lead to this, too.  He had to do something drastic to deal with the pandemic, but he overshot.

Democrats voted for it too. They controlled the House. 

14 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

No sh1t, both sides are at fault

35 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I wasn't really concerned about who's at fault, but while we're pointing fingers, I would also point to all the people who were so giddy about getting those $1200 checks.

19 minutes ago, nobody said:

I wasn't really concerned about who's at fault, but while we're pointing fingers, I would also point to all the people who were so giddy about getting those $1200 checks.

those 1200$ checks that cost the average american 6800 in taxes

people are stupid

1 minute ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

those 1200$ checks that cost the average american 6800 in taxes

people are stupid

They pulled this off, and then go you guys to blame the other side.  The ultimate grift.

9 minutes ago, vomit said:

They pulled this off, and then go you guys to blame the other side.  The ultimate grift.

im not on either side, I am against all govt hand outs and have been since day one

1 hour ago, vomit said:

No sh1t, both sides are at fault

All spending starts in the House. But thing is , Biden signed off on his package when all the money from Trumps hadn’t even been spent. He put gas on a fire. 

If we insist on laying blame, I'd say Biden is most responsible since his drunken spending was just dumb and to buy votes.  Trump's drunken spending would've never happened if we didn't shut everything down for the pandemic.

3 hours ago, nobody said:

I think those people were called "Democrats".

3 hours ago, vomit said:

As we should.  I saw Corey Booker at one of my companies events.  I told him the $1200 is a bad idea.  He said, "Well, then if you want to give it back, I'm sure I can find people who could use it".  I replied with, "No problem.  Are they going to pick up my share of the taxes that come along with the bill?"  He smiled and walked away.  He knew he lost.