Utilit99

Twitter adopts 'poison pill' to prevent Elon Musk takeover

1 minute ago, Mike Honcho said:

I don't disagree at all, IF he can prove it.  The entire value of Twitter is the users and if they aren't what is claimed than it's not worth anywhere near what they want.  That being said--how is he going to prove otherwise, he's making statements that 90% of their users are bots, but the only data he can get is from Twitter.  So when he says 90% are fake and they are saying it's less than 5% and the only information is coming from Twitter it just sounds like he's making excuses to get out of the deal. 

Even giving Musk the benefit of the doubt that Twitter's numbers are wrong, at this point since there hasn't been any independent assessment, he has no clue if he's right or wrong, he's just spouting off, and him saying stuff like that makes me think he's decided he is not at all interested in the company anymore and is trying to get out of the deal(which I think he should do, Twitter is not worth the 40B price). 

Clearly, like everyone on Wall Street, I'm just speculating to his intentions, but that's the way I see it. Personally, I think he should bite the bullet, pay the billion dollars(what I read if he wants out of the deal) and run like hell.  He would end up way end in the long term.

They guy with the better lawyers doesn’t run and leave a billion on the table. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

They guy with the better lawyers doesn’t run and leave a billion on the table. 

I'm sure his lawyers are hoping he doesn't.  

5 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

I don't disagree at all, IF he can prove it.  The entire value of Twitter is the users and if they aren't what is claimed than it's not worth anywhere near what they want.  That being said--how is he going to prove otherwise, he's making statements that 90% of their users are bots, but the only data he can get is from Twitter.  So when he says 90% are fake and they are saying it's less than 5% and the only information is coming from Twitter it just sounds like he's making excuses to get out of the deal. 

Even giving Musk the benefit of the doubt that Twitter's numbers are wrong, at this point since there hasn't been any independent assessment, he has no clue if he's right or wrong, he's just spouting off, and him saying stuff like that makes me think he's decided he is not at all interested in the company anymore and is trying to get out of the deal(which I think he should do, Twitter is not worth the 40B price). 

Clearly, like everyone on Wall Street, I'm just speculating to his intentions, but that's the way I see it. Personally, I think he should bite the bullet, pay the billion dollars(what I read if he wants out of the deal) and run like hell.  He would end up way end in the long term.

The purchase agreement include Twitter be forthcoming.  Musk asked to see the data they have showing the 5% bots Twitter claims they have.  Twitter has been withholding the "proof" of this, maybe it's because the bot number is much higher.  It's on Twitter to prove the 5% to complete the sale.  If they continue to withhold the date, then why are they not forthcoming?  Not proving their claims is practically the same as lying about their numbers.

1 hour ago, Gepetto said:

The purchase agreement include Twitter be forthcoming.  Musk asked to see the data they have showing the 5% bots Twitter claims they have.  Twitter has been withholding the "proof" of this, maybe it's because the bot number is much higher.  It's on Twitter to prove the 5% to complete the sale.  If they continue to withhold the date, then why are they not forthcoming?  Not proving their claims is practically the same as lying about their numbers.

Here is where we disagree a bit.  I'm not willing to take Musk's statement that Twitter is withholding the proof at face value. Both Twitter and Musk are saying different things about this and since we aren't there I think it's a he said/she said.  And to be frank, after Musk failed to properly disclose his interest after buying 5% of the stock, I'm less inclined to believe him.

Again, I'm going to stress this is all speculation.  IF we were privy to all the information, we'd all be rich picking the winners and losers in the market.

:cheers:

2 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

A white midget?

I disagree.

If you are naming something in English you would name what you see.  Being English, most likely the short people they saw were all white..so midgets would have to be the white ones.  If you were going to distinguish between colors, there would be midgets and Bidgets...or if you are a racist Nidgets.  

25 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

I disagree.

If you are naming something in English you would name what you see.  Being English, most likely the short people they saw were all white..so midgets would have to be the white ones.  If you were going to distinguish between colors, there would be midgets and Bidgets...or if you are a racist Nidgets.  

That sounds about right. 

12 minutes ago, Reality said:

Twitter exposed, again.

Fock this acquisition is taking forever. When do all these assholes get fired?

Elon Musk has made it known to Twitter he wants out of the deal to buy them.

Shocking to no one with a working brain. 

25 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Elon Musk has made it known to Twitter he wants out of the deal to buy them.

Shocking to no one with a working brain. 

On 6/6/2022 at 12:59 PM, Mike Honcho said:

Elon Musk threatens to walk away from Twitter deal

He's going to make any excuse to back out of the deal and not pay a penalty.  He might get to walk away, but it's going to cost him plenty, IMO.

Obvious for a while now, I look forward to the chorus of how Twitter cheated him, didn't play fair, hid there numbers...

7 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Obvious for a while now, I look forward to the chorus of how Twitter cheated him, didn't play fair, hid there numbers...

Pretty obvious they did though. 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Pretty obvious they did though. 

Right.

Well, this sucks.

It does explain all the high profile bannings and censorship that has re-emeged on the platform lately, clearly that the butthurt leftoids feel free to can flex their muscles again.

53 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Yeah it sucks that Musk drove the price down and screwed people out of money with his posturing.

Yeah, that was his goal.  :thumbsup: 

20 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Yeah, that was his goal.  :thumbsup: 

Another rich person screwing people just trying to invest into their future....Awesome!

It's looking like he severly overpaid so hopefully he's just renegotiating for a better price.

1 hour ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

The centrist has spoken

A centrist has to like a rich person manipulating stock prices and screwing people out of retirement funds?

Interesting....

10 hours ago, Voltaire said:

It's looking like he severly overpaid so hopefully he's just renegotiating for a better price.

Or....equally plausible- he never had any real intention of buying it. 

Twitter has no responsibility on this matter. 100 pct above board. 

11 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

Yeah it sucks that Musk drove the price down and screwed people out of money with his posturing.

You are blaming Musk for the drop in the stock market? You poor clueless …….

• Like 1

Mooney knows a lot about this stuff. Maybe he can explain how Nancy Pelosi is one of the all time great investors? She’s better than Buffett. 

21 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

You are blaming Musk for the drop in the stock market? You poor clueless …….

Imagine carrying water for freakin' Elon Musk. 

36 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Twitter has no responsibility on this matter. 100 pct above board. 

yeah, because the board of directors didn't want a 44B dollars buyout for the company.  :lol:

1 minute ago, Mike Honcho said:

yeah, because the board of directors didn't want a 44B dollars buyout for the company.  :lol:

Or maybe they didn’t want to expose how much fraud they were partaking in? Money is great.  Freedom is better. Never mind the lawsuits. 

19 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Mooney knows a lot about this stuff. Maybe he can explain how Nancy Pelosi is one of the all time great investors? She’s better than Buffett. 

I appreciate the irony that the guy who doesn't know the difference between traditional cable and streaming numbers and the guy who said:

"Oil is at an all time high." And then when told it wasn't said "It’s not dropping to where it was. Seems you don’t get it."

thinks he is smarter than other people. 

Just now, Sean Mooney said:

I appreciate the irony that the guy who doesn't know the difference between traditional cable and streaming numbers and the guy who said:

"Oil is at an all time high." And then when told it wasn't said "It’s not dropping to where it was. Seems you don’t get it."

thinks he is smarter than other people. 

I know.  But oil will be dropping. A recession does that. Anyway, now that’s it’s established that you know more than me, can you explain Pelosi’s investing success? Thanks. 

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I know.  But oil will be dropping. A recession does that. Anyway, now that’s it’s established that you know more than me, can you explain Pelosi’s investing success? Thanks. 

Why do you like yelling "squirrel" all the time? When have I ever said anything about Nancy Pelosi as an investor?

You seem very irate that musk manipulated the share price and hurt people. I just thought with your obvious knowledge on the subject you could explain her success? 

Apparently Twitters is now suing him to get him to buy the company. Hopefully this is just a leverage move and he acquires it anyways and saves some money doing it so he can clean house because the perennially butthurt censorship battalion is getting their banhammers out again.

It’s weird how centrists like Mooney and Honcho were upset that a centrist like Musk was buying Twitter. Sometimes I think they may not be centrists. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You seem very irate that musk manipulated the share price and hurt people. I just thought with your obvious knowledge on the subject you could explain her success? 

Irate? Hardly. And again- you just like yelling "squirrel"

6 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Apparently Twitters is now suing him to get him to buy the company. Hopefully this is just a leverage move and he acquires it anyways and saves some money doing it so he can clean house because the perennially butthurt censorship battalion is getting their banhammers out again.

Twitter wants to recoup some of the value that got torpedoed. It is possible that Musk works out a deal to buy it somewhere in the middle ground price wise. 

Actually Musk's offer kept the share price artificially high for a while.  He offered $54, so people had a chance to sell while they believed the deal would go through.  It only dropped as confidence in the deal eroded.  I'm guessing it's probably cheap now.

Musk sent a letter to the SEC, basically alleging Twitter is covering up fraud. I believe him. 

14 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It’s weird how centrists like Mooney and Honcho were upset that a centrist like Musk was buying Twitter. Sometimes I think they may not be centrists. 

When I have ever said I was a centrist?

36 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Or maybe they didn’t want to expose how much fraud they were partaking in? Money is great.  Freedom is better. Never mind the lawsuits. 

Of course you have no source of the fraud other than the guy who doesn't want to spend 44B on a company that has posted one successful quarter ever.  Perhaps he should have done his due diligence before investing in the company...what that called again?

On 5/13/2022 at 9:02 AM, Hardcore troubadour said:

Well, you research it before closing.  If it’s overinflated, you don’t buy for that price. Which is what Musk is doing here. Your TDS blinds you once again. Smart people live by caveat emptor. 

2 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

When I have ever said I was a centrist?

Of course you have no source of the fraud other than the guy who doesn't want to spend 44B on a company that has posted one successful quarter ever.  Perhaps he should have done his due diligence before investing in the company...what that called again?

That’s a great quote from me. I don’t know why you would post it, but thank you. I always liked you Mike. 

20 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Or maybe they are doing it because they agreed to sell for a price, they have done what he wants, provided the information he wants and now they want their money.  It's hysterical that you guys aren't considering that part of the equation. Aren't considering that Musk got cold feet, didn't want to take on this amount of debt, saw that it was affecting the price of Tesla stock and is using any excuse he can make to get out of the deal.  

• Thanks 1