Utilit99

Twitter adopts 'poison pill' to prevent Elon Musk takeover

6 hours ago, nobody said:

Preach, Biden didn't help by pumping another 1.2T for no reason (and trying to pump in another trillion plus before thankfully being stopped), but Trump giving out all that money during the pandemic lead to this, too.  He had to do something drastic to deal with the pandemic, but he overshot.

Trump's spending was bipartisan and almost unanimous.  Biden's on the other hand.....exactly the opposite.  

That's Faber's wet dream.  That guy is as left as they come and hates Musk.

Twitter gets fast-tracked Elon Musk trial over $44 billion deal

Twitter Inc (TWTR.N) will get an October trial in its legal fight to hold Elon Musk to his $44 billion takeover, after a Delaware judge said on Tuesday the social media company deserved a quick resolution of the deal's uncertainty.

The ruling is a blow to Musk, who pushed for a trial in February to allow for an extensive investigation into his claims that Twitter has misrepresented the number of fake or spam accounts.

Was hearing rumors that Musk wanted the Feb trial because that's when his financing deals are expiring and that would make it harder for Twitter to get the 44B, even if they won.

On 7/11/2022 at 12:43 PM, nobody said:

If we insist on laying blame, I'd say Biden is most responsible since his drunken spending was just dumb and to buy votes.  Trump's drunken spending would've never happened if we didn't shut everything down for the pandemic.

either blame Biden or the democrat House.  Blaming Trump is laughable.

10 minutes ago, Reality said:

Seems newsworthy.

Seems like Musk is looking for evidence that will aid in his ability to walk.  Not that he will walk, but every door will be open.  Twitter was really mismanaged.  It's funny how this has become political, when it's not.   

Twitter shareholders vote in favor of Elon Musk's $44 billion takeover deal

Elon Musk may be fighting tooth-and-nail to get out of his deal to buy Twitter, but the social media company's shareholders plan to hold him to it.

Twitter (TWTR) shareholders on Tuesday voted in favor of Musk's $44 billion takeover deal, a value of $54.20 per share. The company's stock opened Tuesday at just under $41 per share, nearly 25% below the deal price.

17 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Twitter shareholders vote in favor of Elon Musk's $44 billion takeover deal

Elon Musk may be fighting tooth-and-nail to get out of his deal to buy Twitter, but the social media company's shareholders plan to hold him to it.

Twitter (TWTR) shareholders on Tuesday voted in favor of Musk's $44 billion takeover deal, a value of $54.20 per share. The company's stock opened Tuesday at just under $41 per share, nearly 25% below the deal price.

Is he fighting to get out of the deal?  

3 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

Is he fighting to get out of the deal?  

Yes, he just sent his third letter to Twitter to cancel the deal based on the whistleblower payoff.  Of course the shareholders voted for the purchase, just look at the stock price, that isn't news.  He will walk from the deal in the current market environment and I think he has all the grounds in the world, Twitter is a shady asss company.  He'd loose 15 billion at the jump.  But who knows as it goes to court October 17th.  But it's really just billionaires fighting over one billion dollars (the price to walk away) at this point.  The deal is dead. 

45 minutes ago, Horseman said:

Yes, he just sent his third letter to Twitter to cancel the deal based on the whistleblower payoff.  Of course the shareholders voted for the purchase, just look at the stock price, that isn't news.  He will walk from the deal in the current market environment and I think he has all the grounds in the world, Twitter is a shady asss company.  He'd loose 15 billion at the jump.  But who knows as it goes to court October 17th.  But it's really just billionaires fighting over one billion dollars (the price to walk away) at this point.  The deal is dead. 

I think the courts can force him to complete the deal, which means he's out a lot more than $1billion.

21 minutes ago, Brad GLuckman said:

I think the courts can force him to complete the deal, which means he's out a lot more than $1billion.

I guess you're right since they are suing him.  I still think it never goes through.  Here is a little piece I found:

The banks are only on the hook to fund the deal if it closes, and many people don’t believe Twitter will be successful in getting a court to force Musk’s hand. A more likely outcome is that the judge in Delaware Chancery Court, where the trial will take place, will force a compromise, making Musk pay Twitter a hefty fee for putting it through so much trouble, but letting him walk away in the end, said Carl Tobias, a law professor at the University of Richmond.

1 minute ago, Shooter McGavin said:

🤡

💲:doublethumbsup:💲

I had written off that gamble.  Here's to selling at $54.20 for a hefty profit.  :cheers:

This is a joyful moment in the fight against oppressive tech censorship. Hopefully Elon makes a lot of money for this service to humanity.

Just now, Voltaire said:

This is a joyful moment in the fight against oppressive tech censorship. Hopefully Elon makes a lot of money for this service to humanity.

No doubt about that. Simply making the tool neutral would be a massive win.

Twitter employees facing mass layoffs wrote an open letter to Elon Musk

https://archive.ph/yRP4z

The first line is priceless in it's obvliviousness:

" We, the undersigned Twitter workers, believe the public conversation is in jeopardy."

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Fixing that is one of the primary drivers of why he bought the company in the first place.

I do enjoy my schadenfreude seved cold. Meanwhile, job applications at Twitter are through the roof.

Trolling these weak and pitiful wokesters is SO focking awesome....

:banana::banana:

On 5/16/2022 at 9:57 AM, TimmySmith said:

:lol:   Turns out the poison pill was actually Musk.  He exposed the fraud in twitter and now they either negotiate with Musk, or face their shareholders.  Get woke, go broke. 

Boy he showed them, looks like he's going to be full price, what a mastermind. :D 

• Haha 1

On 6/6/2022 at 4:56 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

They guy with the better lawyers doesn’t run and leave a billion on the table. 

Guess he should have found better lawyers-since it looks like he's about to pay full price.

2 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Guess he should have found better lawyers-since it looks like he's about to pay full price.

I’m, I was spot on dumb dumb. He’d didn’t run, now, did he? 

If anyone wants a laugh, go back to page 19 and enjoy all the speculation about how Musk is playing Twitter, how he is forcing them to disclose all the bots, just on and on.  Pretty hysterical.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mike Honcho said:

Boy he showed them, looks like he's going to be full price, what a mastermind. :D 

I dont think you get how this works. TWTR jumped AH today and likely will be near sale price when the purchase is made.  When the economy recovers, assuming he wont immediately go private, he stands to make a lot of money.  

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So the better lawyers agreed to the full offer price?

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

🤣

1 minute ago, Shooter McGavin said:

So the better lawyers agreed to the full offer price?

JFC. 🤣

The bet he made was the worth of the company. It wasnt worth then what it is today dummy. 

3 minutes ago, Horseman said:

I dont think you get how this works. TWTR jumped AH today and likely will be near sale price when the purchase is made.  When the economy recovers, assuming he wont immediately go private, he stands to make a lot of money.  

But you said the deal was dead.

7 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

If anyone wants a laugh, go back to page 19 and enjoy all the speculation about how Musk is playing Twitter, how he is forcing them to disclose all the bots, just on and on.  Pretty hysterical.

No thanks. I'm already getting my jollies off in a big way without need of page 19, which sounds like a vibe killer to be honest.

2 minutes ago, Horseman said:

JFC. 🤣

The bet he made was the worth of the company. It wasnt worth then what it is today dummy. 

It's only worth now is the price he said he would pay, dummy.