Utilit99

Twitter adopts 'poison pill' to prevent Elon Musk takeover

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

It's less about Twitter and more about a large group of younger adults who don't know sh!t, but trot themselves out as some kind of enlightened quorum and get away with it.  We have given the car keys to a kindergarten class and now we wonder why they act with insolence and stupidity. Musk represents a new principle at the school coming in and restoring paddling....which I emphatically support.

• Haha 1

On 4/29/2022 at 7:12 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

They know what they are losing. It was a centralized propaganda forum. Now their method will be fragmented.  

So freaking spot on. 

10 minutes ago, Strike said:

Anyone who isn't a partisan hack would be fine with it, and there are more of those people than you think.  Most people are NOT like the people you constantly see posting on Twitter and other SM platforms.  That's what you, and many politicians and hacks, fail to understand.

The majority of the posters on this forum are partisan hacks, if you didn’t notice.

Just now, TimHauck said:

The majority of the posters on this forum are partisan hacks, if you didn’t notice.

Yes, you are, and I've noticed. 

Just now, TimHauck said:

As are you.  HTH

Actually I'm not.  If anything I'm libertarian.  But thanks for playing.  I'm glad you're finally admitting that you're a partisan hack though.   Getting past the denial and admitting you have a problem is the first step in recovery.  Good luck. 

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Masshole said:

I’m sure they can stand to lose at least ~20% or so of their workforce without much issue, but I’d still bet the majority of them are actually skilled.

29 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I’m not denying libs aren’t happy about Musk taking over (to say the least).  Just pointing out conservatives wouldn’t like that quote if it came from a lib. 

We wouldn't like it because time and time again when a lib says it means warm and welcoming for trans groomers and silence to everyone else.

What do you think Musk will change about Twitter? I don’t have an account, so the “log in” pop-up is annoying. I’d like it to go away.

Also, the side bar that shows popular or trending topics is really dumb when it comes to sports. It’s way behind, so if you look on a Sunday afternoon, it will have threads for the Saturday college games listed instead of the currently happening NFL games.

Overall, one big advantage Twitter has over FB is that anybody can comment on anybody’s posts. It’s not just an echo chamber. It still is sometimes, but FB is just a complete cesspool; a place for angry old people to complain to like-minded elderly grumps. 

14 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Wow.  I never thought I'd see some of you get so worked up by Twitter.

I'm actually excited to see what he does with it.

I'm not excited at all, just a very very amused spectator. My interest from the beginning was strictly on the puzzling offer and interest Musk had in Twitter. From very early on, from a business standpoint, I've been very skeptical about his interest in Twitter.  It seemed more like Musk decided he was tired of only using the shiny toy and decided impulsively to buy it. He made an offer that seemed to be pretty rich for a business that hasn't been profitable and doesn't have a clear path to profitability. Then nearly immediately he had 2nd thoughts when he probably realized he was buying a dog with fleas and started making up every excuse possible to get out of the deal. Then, coincidentally days before the trial is about to start, where he would be forced to disclose much information about himself and his company and pay his lawyers even more money, without getting a single concession he decides that after all he wants to buy Twitter(unless he changes his mind again).     

The so-called political side of this, IE "free speech" issues I find to be a bunch of nonsense-since we are talking about a corporation, and one that might in short time be a private corporation. There will always be regulations on what a corporation regards as free speech. 

My amusement has more to do with the wild ride certain geeks have had to every development and reacting like Musk was playing 4D chess. He's exposing them, he's forcing a better price(then why on Earth would he have offered a higher price to start :lol:) and all sorts of nonsense. And now after Musk has basically tucked his tail and rolled over, and the response has been like Caesar returning to Rome. This place never fails to entertain.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

He did expose them. Keep up. 

Did they share how many of its users were bots?

3 hours ago, Strike said:

Actually I'm not.  If anything I'm libertarian.  But thanks for playing.  I'm glad you're finally admitting that you're a partisan hack though.   Getting past the denial and admitting you have a problem is the first step in recovery.  Good luck. 

Did you know the Libertarian Party twitter account is now Russian propaganda?  

2 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Did they share how many of its users were bots?

Yes.  A lot. 

7 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

More than 5%?

So many. 

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

Did you know the Libertarian Party twitter account is now Russian propaganda?  

No.  Why would I?  I've never been, and never will be, affiliated with any political party. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Strike said:

😂

No wonder they hate libs of Tik Tok. Exposes these creeps and softies.  

13 minutes ago, Strike said:

😂

Look at the stupid expenses they have.  Keeping employees happy is one thing but holy crap.

9 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Twitter admitted this?

Why do you do this to yourself? Banging your head against a wall would be more productive than pursuing this argument with HT. 

28 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Why do you do this to yourself? Banging your head against a wall would be more productive than pursuing this argument with HT. 

But HT would never tell a lie!

1 hour ago, Mike Honcho said:

👍

10 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Admitting you’re a liar, nice

😀

12 hours ago, Horseman said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Thanks for pooping in and making an asss of yourself!

Not sure if that was an intentional typo or not. No, not the asss with three s'es.

24 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Not sure if that was an intentional typo or not. No, not the asss with three s'es.

By one of the grammar police. Instant classic.  🤣

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Horseman said:

By one of the grammar police. Instant classic.  🤣

I see what you're doing here. :lol:

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, jerryskids said:

The Purge begins:

CEO is going to get $42 million to go away, must be nice 

7 hours ago, jerryskids said:

The Purge begins:

Elon should hire Professor Morris.  This man is the voice of reason.  And a Phillies fan

20 hours ago, TimHauck said:

I hate both parties but currently one of them is pissing all over the working class in this country and the backlash is going to usher in something non of us want. 

54 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

I agree, it's petty and childish to leave Twitter just because musk owns it.  Same goes for joining now.

I really hope he's successful here with his new toy.

Get ready for some more Tesla ads!

12 minutes ago, Dizkneelande said:

I hate both parties but currently one of them is pissing all over the working class in this country and the backlash is going to usher in something non of us want. 

Civil war?

There's still a lot of work to do, but this is an enormous blow to cancel culture and wokeism.

This sensation of the clouds of oppression parting, cynicism ending,  and sunlight shining through on a bright new future, a future where things will be different comes along very rarely. To me, it most resembles watching TV the day the Cold War ended, my last day in the Army, and the day I got divorced.

The cultural left, whom I despise with a burning intensity, is actually being rolled back and playing a rear guard action across the board. Their favorite SCOTUS ruling has been overturned, in a few days another court case involving the beginning of the end of Affirmative Action will take place. With twitter, the left's favorite vehicle of censorship has been liberated from their dark clutches. Meanwhile, cross your fingers but in two weeks, the forces of cultural evil and darkness will lose control of at least one and likely both chambers of Congress. Even the dumbasses in Europe have shown signs of actually coming to their senses in their own weird/stupid way.

The opportunity is there. Things are really coming together and looking up. It's a very hopeful and exciting time. Although Team Evil still controls many/most/all institutions, the cracks are appearing everywhere. Let's hope to keep smashing away.

Good, Truth, and Justice are winning. ❤️  We might get society back after all. ❤️

2 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

There's still a lot of work to do, but this is an enormous blow to cancel culture and wokeism.

This sensation of the clouds of oppression parting, cynicism ending,  and sunlight shining through on a bright new future, a future where things will be different comes along very rarely. To me, it most resembles watching TV the day the Cold War ended, my last day in the Army, and the day I got divorced.

The cultural left, whom I despise with a burning intensity, is actually being rolled back and playing a rear guard action across the board. Their favorite SCOTUS ruling has been overturned, in a few days another court case involving the beginning of the end of Affirmative Action will take place. With twitter, the left's favorite vehicle of censorship has been liberated from their dark clutches. Meanwhile, cross your fingers but in two weeks, the forces of cultural evil and darkness will lose control of at least one and likely both chambers of Congress. Even the dumbasses in Europe have shown signs of actually coming to their senses in their own weird/stupid way.

The opportunity is there. Things are really coming together and looking up. It's a very hopeful and exciting time. Although Team Evil still controls many/most/all institutions, the cracks are appearing everywhere. Let's hope to keep smashing away.

Good, Truth, and Justice are winning. ❤️  We might get society back after all. ❤️

:lol:

all this because some rich dude bought an app.  You guys are ridiculous 

• Thanks 1

Really not sure how much of a difference this makes to anything. Twitter is used by less people than Reddit, Snapchat, and Pinterest...who are all already pretty far behind TikTok, Instagram, and Facebook. 

1 hour ago, Dizkneelande said:

What’s that that no one wants?