RaiderHaters Revenge

Roe V Wade overturned!!! Leaked, SCOTUS SHOULD BE IMPEACHED

52 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I don't think it is racism; you are from the party of science, you should understand.  In this case, math.  If my math is wrong, let me know.

And it is not a 100% go/no-go thing.  If I see three black guys in pinstripe suits like the recent Tacoma commercial, not crossing.  Three white kids with red bandanas, crossing.

I'm not "from a party."

Geez- can we try to be fair for once....

And all your arguments are part of how people try to justify subconscious racism as opposed to just saying- yeah I probably am a tiny bit racist. 

38 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

NYC Mayor Adams calls for 'no' limitations on abortion

It appears NY does already have a law like that.  And 6 other states.  Is that “many”?

30 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

I'm not "from a party."

And all your arguments are part of how people try to justify subconscious racism as opposed to just saying- yeah I probably am a tiny bit racist. 

You are exactly the kind of teacher normal people don't want in schools. You make shlt up and teach it to kids as if it's fact.

You are a dangerous, harmful piece of work. 

There is nothing more painful to me at this stage in my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps... then turn around and see somebody white and feel relieved.
Jesse Jackson

3 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

I'm not "from a party."

You are "from a party," you just haven't accepted it yet.

And I admitted in my previous post that I'm probably a "tiny bit racist" from your definition, due to tribal differences that are built into us for survival.  But that is walking down a dark urban street at night, not friends, not hiring, etc.  If you feel like that gives you a win, go for it.  :thumbsup:

For the record, I'm a 20-week guy. The science is still there. The common sense is still there.

• Like 1

I hope that the states are able to arrive at a reasoned and rational outcome that mediates without removing access.

2 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Next to go: same sex and interracial marriage. 

This has already been discussed but I wanted to revisit it.

Not interracial marriage, that's mind-numbingly stupid.

Same sex marriage is more of a valid concern.  I recently listened to a pod from Bari Weiss "Honestly" podcast -- she is liberal and ghey, but close to center, and to the radical left, center is the new right, so she was somewhat ostracized from the NYT.  Anyway, she had on a Yale law professor who is also ghey, liberal, and a staunch opponent of Roe based on legal arguments.  Apparently Alito cited him in the draft.  He walked through a very good legal argument against Roe.

The topic of same sex marriage came up since they are both ghey, and he laid out several interesting arguments for why he doesn't think it will happen.  One was the equal protection defense which is very clear and Alito laid out.  The other, more interesting one, is that justice Kennedy's landmark achievement was ghey rights including Obergefell and 3 other cases.  And, surprise surprise, when he wasn't clubbing baby seals for fun, Kavanaugh clerked for Kennedy.  This guy believed that Kennedy was comfortable with Kavanaugh taking his seat when he retired, to maintain his legacy on this topic.

On a side note, the Yale guy also believed that Roberts is pushing a more moderate decision (which IMO lends credence to my theory that Roberts might have leaked it).  He said that Alito, Thomas, and Gorsich are fully on board, but that Kavanaugh and Barrett may be persuaded to rule for Mississippi in the specific case, but not completely throw out the baby with the... placenta water?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

On a side note, the Yale guy also believed that Roberts is pushing a more moderate decision (which IMO lends credence to my theory that Roberts might have leaked it).  He said that Alito, Thomas, and Gorsich are fully on board, but that Kavanaugh and Barrett may be persuaded to rule for Mississippi in the specific case, but not completely throw out the baby with the... placenta water?  

A more moderate decision on Roe vs Wade?

What would that entail?

3 hours ago, TimHauck said:

I know I posted this in an earlier thread…probably relevant here:

I suspect that this'll get blown out of the water in twenty five years when red states are still nice and blue states are still crime infested s*tholes.

2 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

A more moderate decision on Roe vs Wade?

What would that entail?

My understanding is that Roe lays out some specifics.  Those would be brought into question and perhaps deferred to states, but the overall ability to abort would remain in place.

3 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

My understanding is that Roe lays out some specifics.  Those would be brought into question and perhaps deferred to states, but the overall ability to abort would remain in place.

So it would still be okay federally but just a different set of parameters surrounding it? It wouldn't necessarily be a kicking it back to the states?

10 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

I suspect that this'll get blown out of the water in twenty five years when red states are still nice and blue states are still crime infested s*tholes.

Yeah, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, etc. are all super nice.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Yeah, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, etc. are all super nice.

Well, the south sucks generally. But at least they do put their criminals in prison.

26 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Well, the south sucks generally.

Because of the Republican policies!!!

Not really, but that’s why many here would say the blue states are crime infested…

51 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

So it would still be okay federally but just a different set of parameters surrounding it? It wouldn't necessarily be a kicking it back to the states?

That's my interpretation; he specifically said to rule for Mississippi yet keep Roe in place, I'm speculating as to how that would be implemented.  I know you don't like that kind of discussion though.  :( 

3 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Well, the south sucks generally. But at least they do put their criminals in prison.

Sucks so bad that everyone goes there on vacation.  And is happy to be there. 

5 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Sucks so bad that everyone goes there on vacation.  And is happy to be there. 

Everyone goes to Mississippi, Alabama and Kentucky for vacation?

Just now, TimHauck said:

Everyone goes to Mississippi, Alabama and Kentucky for vacation?

I guess no one realizes those are the only southern states in this country. :dunno:

20 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

I guess no one realizes those are the only southern states in this country. :dunno:

You could probably add Oklahoma and Arkansas to the list as well.  North Carolina probably won't ban or significantly limit abortion.  The areas where people vacation to in Tennessee and Louisiana are liberal.

3 hours ago, jerryskids said:

That's my interpretation; he specifically said to rule for Mississippi yet keep Roe in place, I'm speculating as to how that would be implemented.  I know you don't like that kind of discussion though.  :( 

Speculation is fine. But to make the connection to what you were doing in the other thread it would be like you saying "I heard this podcast about this potential for a more moderate decision. That is why the price of grain Nebraska is going to go through the roof."

9 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

Anything changed yet?

Yea purple hair and green hair freaks are in a tizzy protesting, flopping around, and I don't mean Marcus Smart.

• Haha 1

Our Governor in Nebraska Pete RIcketts said he's going to try to get a complete ban on abortion in our state once this SCOTUS goes through.

You have to love the coat hanger thing. Yeah, I’m sure it was happening all the time. 

16 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

Speculation is fine. But to make the connection to what you were doing in the other thread it would be like you saying "I heard this podcast about this potential for a more moderate decision. That is why the price of grain Nebraska is going to go through the roof."

Yes, just like that.  :lol:

From the 'trust the science' crowd.

We're the idiots for letting these people have a say. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Reality said:

From the 'trust the science' crowd.

We're the idiots for letting these people have a say. 

If this is truly happening. There needs to be an overthrow of government. 

Men get get pregnant? Then we have a say on abortion. Thanks. 

12 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

As stupid as that sounds, I think that's a valid argument now.  They did it to themselves. 

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

As stupid as that sounds, I think that's a valid argument now.  They did it to themselves. 

12 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Don't worry, there'll be a liberal movement soon to double down by saying, "Not all men, but men capable of getting pregnant."  They have to save that for the next election cycle though, so give it time.

24 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Don't worry, there'll be a liberal movement soon to double down by saying, "Not all men, but men capable of getting pregnant."  They have to save that for the next election cycle though, so give it time.

They will obviously have some kind of excuse.

29 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

If it’s about capability, do women incapable of getting pregnant have a say then? 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

If it’s about capability, do women incapable of getting pregnant have a say then? 

Yes they do, because they're women.  Are you some kind of sexist now???  Typical bigot male.

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Yes they do, because they're women.  Are you some kind of sexist now???  Typical bigot male.

Just trying to figure out the logic. 

13 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Just trying to figure out the logic. 

Logic?  From the Left?  Seriously?  🤣