Cloaca du jour

Media Event!! Jan 6th Propaganda!! Tonight!! Official Thread!!

13 minutes ago, vomit said:

Can someone tell me why she would lie under oath?  What's her goal here and why?

Have you been sleeping through the last several years?     Christine Blasey Ford,  Jussie Smollet, Amber Heard, the Duke lacrosse accuser, etc.    Those are just the ones I came up with off the top of my head.    Drama queens with an overblown sense of their self-importance.    

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, vomit said:

Can someone tell me why she would lie under oath?  What's her goal here and why?

I don't know if we know that she "lied."  She may have heard from a guy who heard from a guy...  my question is why this upstanding, objective truth-seeking committee would have her testify when they could have had the actual witnesses.  I mean, I know they don't have an agenda or anything.  :dunno: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Although you're a bit off your rocker today, I've never gotten personal with you and other than today, have always appreciated your contributions to this site, so I'm going to overlook the personal attacks and hope you recover your sanity when the caffeine rush from this political clown show wears off.

The reason I intend to vote for President Trump is precicely because I like America. Or at least I like what it use to be, things it use to stand for, and values it use to hold. It's hard to have any enthusiasm for Biden's* Amerika, but the country looks fed up and ready to turn on it and the good guys have the momentum at present.

As for Liz Cheney, she is a Bushtarded lame duck Republican. I voted to keep her warmongering father and his dumb-as-dirt boss out of office twice. That family only contributes political COVID. She'll be out the door and on MSNBC come January. Also Mike Pence, who I noticed still has a pulse, did the right thing in seating the electors that day. The election was dubious no matter what the media regularly assures us, but once the court decisions came down, there was no path forward IMO and the president was wrong to push the envelope beyond that point.

Fair, apologies for coming off like a d!ck towards you. I'll save it for guys like HT and jonmx.

I got no love for Liz Cheney, obviously, as her dad is the ultimate warmonger/profiteer. But she is as straight-laced truly conservative as they come- like the epitome of what the Republican party used to be. She's the same; the party has shot through the looking glass. It's a shame that a guy like you buys into it. I'm glad you see the election fraud farce at least partially. No objections over not being excited about Biden's America, no one is. 

But Trump... damn man. Go find some good international news outlets and follow what's going on. I'm sure you're one that doesn't trust legacy journalism like the major networks and papers, but look at the AP, Reuters, BBC, Aljazeera. They'll all verify the reality and gravity of what Trump did, and more importantly what he unsuccessfully tried to do. I'm guessing the legal necessities to prosecute a treason charge aren't on the table in this case, but there's no way in hell he didn't commit seditious conspiracy and witness tampering at the very least. Don't let the BS deflections about the SS and the limo sway anything. It literally doesn't matter whether that was true or totally made up. 

6 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I don't know if we know that she "lied."  She may have heard from a guy who heard from a guy...  my question is why this upstanding, objective truth-seeking committee would have her testify when they could have had the actual witnesses.  I mean, I know they don't have an agenda or anything.  :dunno: 

They did set up her answers so that they can say 'well, she didnt lie. It was who she heard say it that was the liar.'

17 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

A good job. And no, she was stained by working for Trump. That stain has been removed and she’s all shiny. Watch.  

So everyone who worked for Trump is now jobless?

13 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

The committee clearly has an agenda, and so do the Trumpers calling her a liar.  Somewhere in the midddle is the truth.

• Confused 1

Apparently Hutchinson was so appalled by 1/6 that she went and worked for Trump at Mar-a-Lago. :dunno: 

Trump's young guns: The five former White House staffers setting up his Mar-a-Lago office

| January 23, 2021 07:00 AM

Five junior staffers have followed former President Donald Trump from the White House to Florida to set up his personal office and plan his next moves.

The team is using a property at Trump’s private Mar-a-Lago club to get organized, said a former White House official who is familiar with the situation.

“It sounds a bit like a pool house,” he said.

Trump arrived in Florida on Wednesday with a small staff drawn from the junior ranks of the White House — similar to the way previous presidents adjusted to life after office.

Margo Martin, a White House press assistant who was a familiar sight at Trump press interactions cajoling journalists into (and then out of) the Oval Office or other locations, is handling communications.

The rest of the team includes Nick Luna, formerly the then-president’s body man (or personal assistant); Will Russell, director of the Trump White House advance team; Molly Michael, who worked as Oval Office coordinator; and Cassidy Hutchinson, an aide to former chief of staff Mark Meadows.

They will be joined in Florida by Luna’s wife, also named Cassidy. She worked for Jared Kushner at the White House and will continue working for the 45th president’s son-in-law, who also is moving to the Sunshine State with his wife, presidential daughter Ivanka Trump, and their children.

Martin and Hutchinson are both under 25.

“He has a fairly young crew down there with him, which is typical for presidents once they leave office,” the former official said.

“For younger staffers, he is still a very popular figure, and it is great experience. If you look at the Obama years, I think he took some junior staff, as well.”

Trump has begun life after the White House in much the same way he spent holidays and weekends at Mar-a-Lago.

On Thursday morning, he arrived at his West Palm Beach golf club to play 18 holes. He returned the following day for lunch at his regular table in the Grill Room, which looks out across the course.

His new team is apparently sharing responsibilities as it gets set up, mostly placing calls and organizing office space and logistics.

“If he needs to get hold of Sen. Graham, then they’ll facilitate that,” the former official said.

Trump has hinted at a 2024 run for the White House and has a colossal campaign war chest that is expected to make him a major influence in next year’s midterm elections — with control of the House and Senate up for grabs.

But after the whirlwind of last year’s campaign, followed by legal challenges to the election result, and the turmoil of a final two weeks dominated by the fallout from the assault on the United States Capitol by some of his supporters, relaxing in the Florida sun is the first order of the day.

“He’s golfing, so there’s not a lot for his team to do,” said the source.

With an impeachment article expected to be sent to the Senate on Monday, that phase might not last long.

Presidential historian Martha Kumar said it was common for presidents to leave office with only a few younger staff. Trump was now a private citizen with few of the daily demands he faced in office.

But unlike his predecessors, he will soon need to staff up his communications and legal teams.

“While he is powering down, in some ways, he has to power up, in other ways, and focus his attention,” she said. “Other presidents could take years to write their books, but he has impeachment right before him — and a full legal plate.”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-young-guns-white-house-staffers-mar-a-lago-office

9 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Lots of folks in Trump's orbit are either defying subpoenas or pleading the Fifth. I'd love to hear from Mark Meadows, Rudy Giuliani, Roger Stone, Steve Bannon, Trump himself-- I mean, if this is such a hatchet job on Trump's good name, why wouldn't any of those closest to him want to debunk damning testimony?

Just now, Fnord said:

Lots of folks in Trump's orbit are either defying subpoenas or pleading the Fifth. I'd love to hear from Mark Meadows, Rudy Giuliani, Roger Stone, Steve Bannon, Trump himself-- I mean, if this is such a hatchet job on Trump's good name, why wouldn't any of those closest to him want to debunk damning testimony?

None of those people were driving the vehicle.  The driver is willing to testify.  We'll never see it of course.  Please keep up.

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

None of those people were driving the vehicle.  The driver is willing to testify.  We'll never see it of course.  Please keep up.

The vehicle incident means little or nothing other than to show Trump's state of mind that day. If it's completely false, it changes basically nothing. Link to the driver being willing to testify?

Please keep up. I'll be happy to help you.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, vomit said:

So everyone who worked for Trump is now jobless?

Yes. All out Out on their ass. Also they are all 25 year olds with limited work history, no savings and probably in debt. You’ve cracked the case Sherlock. Another L for our side. Shucks. 

Ivanka worked for Trump. Same as this kid. Let’s lump them all together.  

7 minutes ago, Fnord said:

That's an op-ed.  That means somebody's opinion, like most of Cassidy's "testimony."  Should lend credibility to the paper that they printed it.  Please try to keep up.

16 minutes ago, vomit said:

The committee clearly has an agenda, and so do the Trumpers calling her a liar.  Somewhere in the midddle is the truth.

So you think Trump assaulted an SS agent? 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So you think Trump assaulted an SS agent? 

I have no idea, but it wouldn't surprise me.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, vomit said:

I have no idea, but it wouldn't surprise me.

But you don’t believe Biden took inappropriate showers with his daughter, even though she said he did. Got it. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Fnord said:

Fair, apologies for coming off like a d!ck towards you. I'll save it for guys like HT and jonmx.

I got no love for Liz Cheney, obviously, as her dad is the ultimate warmonger/profiteer. But she is as straight-laced truly conservative as they come- like the epitome of what the Republican party used to be. She's the same; the party has shot through the looking glass. It's a shame that a guy like you buys into it. I'm glad you see the election fraud farce at least partially. No objections over not being excited about Biden's America, no one is. 

But Trump... damn man. Go find some good international news outlets and follow what's going on. I'm sure you're one that doesn't trust legacy journalism like the major networks and papers, but look at the AP, Reuters, BBC, Aljazeera. They'll all verify the reality and gravity of what Trump did, and more importantly what he unsuccessfully tried to do. I'm guessing the legal necessities to prosecute a treason charge aren't on the table in this case, but there's no way in hell he didn't commit seditious conspiracy and witness tampering at the very least. Don't let the BS deflections about the SS and the limo sway anything. It literally doesn't matter whether that was true or totally made up. 

Thanks and apology accepted. With you, Tim, and Mooney I have always and will continue to make the effort to stay on your good side. It may seem unbelievable to you now, but for a long time here, MDC and I had each others backs in political threads around here pretty consistently. Obviously, that's not the case anymore but we still genuinely like each other. I'd like for you, Tim, and Mooney to see me in the same way. Before President Trump came along, I'd voted Ross, Ross, Gore, Kerry, Obama, and Obama. There's still a number of issues I'd normally lean left on under normal circumstances and even as late as the 2020 Democratic primaries there were candidates I would have been happy with: Gabbard, Yang, and Delaney.

It wasn't until a year and a half into the Trump presidency that I really warmed to him. I'd though the Obama birther stuff was awful/stupid and the grab 'em by the pu$$y" line just as bad. His first year and a half, I'd thought we'd just had a dumber version of Jeb! His trade policy was really where my opinion started to change because he actually did care about bringing work back to the US and took on the corporate globalist elite to do so. His fought the good fight in the culture wars (although not on LGBTQ issues),  and his foreign policy was stellar across the board.

As for news, I get my corporate left establishment news from NYTimes and Washington Post, although I pretty much despise those organizations, to keep up to date on what our corporate cultural overlords are talking about although the Jan 6th stuff isn't worth clicking on. I like and respect the Jimmy Dore / Crystal Ball faction of the anti-establishment left and still agree significantly more than I disagree.  I never watching CNN nor MSNBC. In the middle, I check out Tim Pool or Joe Rogan (although he's not news, I respect his impartiality and objectivity). On the right, I check out various podcasts, most notably the five various Daily Wire hosts and Styxhexenhammer plus some minor ones as well as Fox News and commentators, Tucker and Guttfeld most frequently.

• Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

That's an op-ed.  That means somebody's opinion, like most of Cassidy's "testimony."  Should lend credibility to the paper that they printed it.  Please try to keep up.

Yes, an op-ed from a paper that's totally in the bag for Republicans. Even their right-leaning editorial page has had it with the Trump dumpster fire.

Can you point to a piece of Hutchinson's testimony that was "opinion?" I don't recall anything, but I didn't watch, just caught up on it later. Even the stupid story about the scuffle in the car wasn't opinion, she was relaying what someone else told her. You can call it hearsay, that's fair. But definitely not opinion.

Caught up yet?

10 minutes ago, Fnord said:

Yes, an op-ed from a paper that's totally in the bag for Republicans. Even their right-leaning editorial page has had it with the Trump dumpster fire.

Can you point to a piece of Hutchinson's testimony that was "opinion?" I don't recall anything, but I didn't watch, just caught up on it later. Even the stupid story about the scuffle in the car wasn't opinion, she was relaying what someone else told her. You can call it hearsay, that's fair. But definitely not opinion.

Caught up yet?

Not fact either. Thus a cross examination should occur. It didn’t. 

13 minutes ago, Fnord said:

Caught up yet?

Immediately after telling me you aren't following it, you as if I'm caught up?  :unsure: 

Also I don't recall saying it was her opinion.  I said hearsay.  I even defended her this morning above, saying we don't know she is lying.  At least read the day's comments before responding please.

1 hour ago, Fnord said:

Everyone but the sham committee would but they only want their side, prepped witnesses. Try to keep up, hammerhead 

14 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Immediately after telling me you aren't following it, you as if I'm caught up?  :unsure: 

Also I don't recall saying it was her opinion.  I said hearsay.  I even defended her this morning above, saying we don't know she is lying.  At least read the day's comments before responding please.

Hes retarded. 

She’s lying. Lying via omission.  You can call it dishonest if you want , I call it what it is.  

1 hour ago, Fnord said:

:lol:  Pure Comedy Gold

19 minutes ago, lod001 said:

I read she wanted to but trump said get lost. Was she ever actually there?

I've seen both versions; I erred on the side of making her look less bad.  If she were jilted by him as I had also heard, then that opens up another whole can of worms.  :thumbsup: 

Is Clarence Thomas’s weirdo Karen wife going to testify?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

Thanks and apology accepted. With you, Tim, and Mooney I have always and will continue to make the effort to stay on your good side. It may seem unbelievable to you now, but for a long time here, MDC and I had each others backs in political threads around here pretty consistently. Obviously, that's not the case anymore but we still genuinely like each other. I'd like for you, Tim, and Mooney to see me in the same way. Before President Trump came along, I'd voted Ross, Ross, Gore, Kerry, Obama, and Obama. There's still a number of issues I'd normally lean left on under normal circumstances and even as late as the 2020 Democratic primaries there were candidates I would have been happy with: Gabbard, Yang, and Delaney.

It wasn't until a year and a half into the Trump presidency that I really warmed to him. I'd though the Obama birther stuff was awful/stupid and the grab 'em by the pu$$y" line just as bad. His first year and a half, I'd thought we'd just had a dumber version of Jeb! His trade policy was really where my opinion started to change because he actually did care about bringing work back to the US and took on the corporate globalist elite to do so. His fought the good fight in the culture wars (although not on LGBTQ issues),  and his foreign policy was stellar across the board.

As for news, I get my corporate left establishment news from NYTimes and Washington Post, although I pretty much despise those organizations, to keep up to date on what our corporate cultural overlords are talking about although the Jan 6th stuff isn't worth clicking on. I like and respect the Jimmy Dore / Crystal Ball faction of the anti-establishment left and still agree significantly more than I disagree.  I never watching CNN nor MSNBC. In the middle, I check out Tim Pool or Joe Rogan (although he's not news, I respect his impartiality and objectivity). On the right, I check out various podcasts, most notably the five various Daily Wire hosts and Styxhexenhammer plus some minor ones as well as Fox News and commentators, Tucker and Guttfeld most frequently.

You think Krystal & Saagar are the “anti-establishment left”?  I’ve thought they were pretty much in the middle

Jan. 6 Committee Says Cassidy Hutchinson Told Them That She Heard Mark Meadows Say That A Secret Service Agent’s Friend’s Cousin’s Husband Once Heard That One Of Trump’s Other Aides Said She Thinks She Heard Him Say He Wanted To 'Do An Insurrection'

https://babylonbee.com/news/jan-6-committee-says-cassidy-hutchinson-told-them-that-she-heard-mark-meadows-say-that-a-secret-service-agents-friends-cousins-husband-once-heard-that-one-of-trumps-other-aides-said-she-think

38 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

You think Krystal & Saagar are the “anti-establishment left”?  I’ve thought they were pretty much in the middle

Krystal is left, Saager is right, combined together they form an anti-establishment middle and I appreciate that dynamic.

Krystal in isolation is on the Jimmy Dore left. That’s not a bad place to be, they are the very best the left has to offer, but of the two, (meaning K&S) I am partial to Saager. I do like the chemistry together.

i probably shouldn't have left Saager out since they are a team, I just wanted to applaud the (small) faction of the left that still makes sense.

In all her testimony, the focus is on whether Trump grabbed the steering wheel of the car or the arm of the secret service agent.  Not the important details like he wanted to lead these people to Capitol building, not that he was telling the secret service to turn of the magnometers and let the people in with the weapons, or the fact that this wasn't a spur of the moment decision but something planned for days, what was the President's state of mine...nope, the focus should be on whether the story Cassidy that was told to her is 100% accurate.   Cause really that's really what we need to know about January 6th.

1 hour ago, Horseman said:

:lol:  Pure Comedy Gold

Everyone knows Aljareeza is quality journalism. What a focking tool.

10 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

In all her testimony, the focus is on whether Trump grabbed the steering wheel of the car or the arm of the secret service agent.  Not the important details like he wanted to lead these people to Capitol building, not that he was telling the secret service to turn of the magnometers and let the people in with the weapons, or the fact that this wasn't a spur of the moment decision but something planned for days, what was the President's state of mine...nope, the focus should be on whether the story Cassidy that was told to her is 100% accurate.   Cause really that's really what we need to know about January 6th.

I can't speak for everyone else, but now that the hyperventilating, fake-outraged inquisition has stumbled upon something funny and entertaining, I finally have something to talk about. Previously my participation was limited to poop and fart emojis.

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

But you don’t believe Biden took inappropriate showers with his daughter, even though she said he did. Got it. 

what?  Biden took inappropriate showers with his daughter? :lol:

I have no idea what you're talking about.  But I would not be surprised if any of this was true either.

15 minutes ago, vomit said:

what?  Biden took inappropriate showers with his daughter? :lol:

I have no idea what you're talking about.  But I would not be surprised if any of this was true either.

I bet you don’t bubble boy. You would probably have defended it by now if you did. 

Think she’ll set up an only fans thing? 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I bet you don’t bubble boy. 

I don't read the right wing trash you do, but I googled it and found it.

So you were wrong, she never said he took showers with her.  There was a diary that is allegedly hers that was stolen or found, and sold to a right wing rag who claims that's what it says.

https://www.wtrf.com/top-stories/alleged-showers-with-my-dad-president-joe-bidens-daughter-reportedly-writes-of-abuse-in-diary/

Still would not be surprised as I think Biden is a creep anyway.

9 minutes ago, vomit said:

I don't read the right wing trash you do, but I googled it and found it.

So you were wrong, she never said he took showers with her.  There was a diary that is allegedly hers that was stolen or found, and sold to a right wing rag who claims that's what it says.

https://www.wtrf.com/top-stories/alleged-showers-with-my-dad-president-joe-bidens-daughter-reportedly-writes-of-abuse-in-diary/

Still would not be surprised as I think Biden is a creep anyway.

Ever notice that the people who cry the most about “fake newz” are also the must gullible dullards?