Sign in to follow this  
TimHauck

The most woke TV show ever?

Never seen it but "Dear White People" comes to mind. 

• Like 1

I can picture @Reality watching this series and yelling at his TV about how they ruined a good movie that was about real female athletes.

It is true that probably 90% of college and above softball players are lesbians though

One of the worst, especially in the final two seasons was Shameless.  Started out great.   Really good show. Then it got so incredibly woke it was utterly unwatchable

5 hours ago, TimHauck said:

I can picture @Reality watching this series and yelling at his TV about how they ruined a good movie that was about real female athletes.

It is true that probably 90% of college and above softball players are lesbians though

I coached my daughter’s softball teams from five to fourteen. Ten years. I’ve seen some crazy fawking shiot in those years. Learned a lot about females. 1- They curse more than men and do it without candor. 2-They fart a lot. 3- The girls with bows in their hair Are straight. Those without are questionable acoording to straight girls. 

• Like 1

I'd love examples of what you all would consider crossing over too much into wokeness in shows.   I watch very little TV- probably about 95% movies 5% TV shows. 

I like when people use NPR as a source.  All these free spirit counter culture liberals taking the governments word for it.  Lol. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, BuckSwope said:

I'd love examples of what you all would consider crossing over too much into wokeness in shows.   I watch very little TV- probably about 95% movies 5% TV shows. 

If there’s a gay person in it or a biracial couple it’s woke.

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

The A League of their Own Series was basically about:

-Women’s rights

-Black rights

-Gay rights

-Trans rights

all in one.

Granted it was set in the 1940’s or whatever so those groups were certainly much more oppressed than they are today 

10 hours ago, supermike80 said:

One of the worst, especially in the final two seasons was Shameless.  Started out great.   Really good show. Then it got so incredibly woke it was utterly unwatchable

100% this. 

My wife and I struggled thru the season or two prior to the final one but we stuck with it.  When we finally started watching the first episode of final season we got about halfway thru, looked at each other, and then decided to bail.

Emmy Rossom tittays >>> ghey ginger sh1t. 

Another warning sign was when they highlighted a George Floyd mural in one scene. :rolleyes:

11 minutes ago, MDC said:

People's personal lines interest me.  On the other board it was from a few second clip of dudes in drag on Floor is Lava to damn near anything goes.   A female lead for the new Star Wars movie got the ball rolling with grumbling of woke girl power too. 

One of the few that really stood to me was the remake of Black Christmas a few years ago.  Pretty over the top with the preaching and messaging- to a laughable level.  It wasn't for me, but I'm sure it reached an audience. 

I think I have a higher threshold because besides these 2 boards, I have 0 social media presence so I also encounter very little of these things that grind people down during the day. 

There have been gay characters in shows for a long time.  Nobody cared. Trolls acting like anyone GAF about that now. The Jeffersons had a Bi-racial couple. No one cared. Show was funny. Please trolls, do better.   Thanks. 

• Like 1

SNL

50 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

There have been gay characters in shows for a long time.  Nobody cared. Trolls acting like anyone GAF about that now. The Jeffersons had a Bi-racial couple. No one cared. Show was funny. Please trolls, do better.   Thanks. 

A lot of trans characters too?

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

What do you consider a long time?  

1 hour ago, DonS said:

100% this. 

My wife and I struggled thru the season or two prior to the final one but we stuck with it.  When we finally started watching the first episode of final season we got about halfway thru, looked at each other, and then decided to bail.

Another warning sign was when they highlighted a George Floyd mural in one scene. :rolleyes:

Couldn’t give two shits if Debbie was gay. What ruined it for me was that she turned into an annoying ######. All I wanted to do was punch her in the face. She went downhill after trying to trap that guy by getting pregnant.

12 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

What do you consider a long time?  

Soap

Tardcore complains for years about biracial couples being over represented in commercials. Now nobody cares about that stuff. 

Dude should take a break from the GC and take his wife out on a date for a change.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

being homosexual will never be accepted on a permanent basis as we learned in 1917, the radical leftists ONLY temporarily embraced homosexuality in order to run guilt trips on Russia en route to overthrowing the government to establish a communist dictatorship.  once complete, the commies turned on the homosexuals and executed them, as they were no longer useful, and merely represented deviant behavior.  deviant behavior is only accepted when you are trying to destabilize a nation from within.

its the same with illegal immigrants.  they are only being brought in en masse to destabilize the areas that liberals want destabilized.  if you ship them to Marthas Vineyard, the liberals IMMEDIATELY send in the military to round them up.  because there is no need to destabilize marthas vineyard.  they are pawns.  illegals and homosexuals are pawns.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, MDC said:

Tardcore complains for years about biracial couples being over represented in commercials. Now nobody cares about that stuff. 

Dude should take a break from the GC and take his wife out on a date for a change.

I've seen this as well, and it's where a lot of the argument and vitriol resides.   

There's a group of people who say they aren't bigoted against things like biracial marriage and have 0 issues with that.   However, there is a line reached and crossed for them when it's talked about or shown too much (which of course is different for all people having these conversations too, adding another layer of confusion).   But when they speak out against it, it's not because they are bigoted against those relationships, it's because they are anti-woke and they are tired of it being forced on people.   Many people then on the other side of the debate don't understand how you could take issue with those depictions if you weren't bigoted, and round and round we go.  

1 hour ago, OldMaid said:

Couldn’t give two shits if Debbie was gay. What ruined it for me was that she turned into an annoying ######. All I wanted to do was punch her in the face. She went downhill after trying to trap that guy by getting pregnant.

I agree about Debbie being a POS.  However I was referring to the other ginger: Gay Jesus Ian. 

At least Ian was always gay.  It seemed that Debbie only became gay when writers were running out of ideas.

Just now, DonS said:

I agree about Debbie being a POS.  However I was referring to the other ginger: Gay Jesus Ian. 

At least Ian was always gay.  It seemed that Debbie became gay when writers were running out of ideas.

F- you the Ian/Mickey storyline was the best part.

Just now, OldMaid said:

F- you the Ian/Mickey storyline was the best part.

It was fine until he went to jail.  Afterwards it just seemed forced.

You didn't find the Gay Jesus part a bit over the top?  Even my liberal wife was getting sick of that storyline. 

38 minutes ago, DonS said:

It was fine until he went to jail.  Afterwards it just seemed forced.

You didn't find the Gay Jesus part a bit over the top?  Even my liberal wife was getting sick of that storyline. 

Good point. The show really should have ended a lot earlier than it did. And yes, I’d totally blocked the gay jesus storyline-it was that bad. :lol: 

14 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I like when people use NPR as a source.  All these free spirit counter culture liberals taking the governments word for it.  Lol. 

"Unbiased" NPR just posted this:

Surprised no one has mentioned Ted Lasso.    Was OK and occasionally funny in the first season.    2nd season. . . (sound of a record scratching) . . . Just veered completely off of the rails into wokeness and became borderline unwatchable.   

12 hours ago, DonS said:

100% this. 

Didn't even watch the last season.  The one prior was enough for me.  My wife struggled through it and hated it.  And yes Emmy Rossum had some great nudity in that show.   Definitely a good watch the first few seasons

1 hour ago, Masshole said:

"Unbiased" NPR just posted this:

So funny.  And the funnier thing is, the ones  here that claim they do listen to NPR are lying. 

16 hours ago, OldMaid said:

Survivor 

Yea I always liked that show but the last two seasons have been really bad.  Where they had a 10 minute debate about him saying "Comeon guys."  comes to mind.  I only watch 3-4 current shows a week so I do not know about some of the others mentioned here. 

50 minutes ago, Bill E. said:

Yea I always liked that show but the last two seasons have been really bad.  Where they had a 10 minute debate about him saying "Comeon guys."  comes to mind.  I only watch 3-4 current shows a week so I do not know about some of the others mentioned here. 

As in there was a 10min back and forth about how you shouldn't address a group of people by "guys"?