Sign in to follow this  
The Real timschochet

DeSantis and his stupid laws

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

I didn't say I wanted it in the curriculum.  I said "talk about it," which would include things like campus events which Meatball Ron wants to ban.

Why does there need to be campus sanctioned events to "talk about it?"  When I was in school, the school dealt with school related things.  There were all sorts of student organizations that catered to the interests of students who voluntarily participated in "events" hosted by those organizations.  Why can't students seek out which organizations/events suit them?  What you want is state sanctioned indoctrination, as I've shown several times now. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Strike said:

Why does there need to be campus sanctioned events to "talk about it?"  When I was in school, the school dealt with school related things.  There were all sorts of student organizations that catered to the interests of students who voluntarily participated in "events" hosted by those organizations.  Why can't students seek out which organizations/events suit them?  What you want is state sanctioned indoctrination, as I've shown several times now. 

Well the wording of the bill isn’t clear if even student-organized events are allowed, kinda sounds like they’re not to me.

And I’m not sure there “needs” to be anything.  But it shouldn’t be banned.  The fact that you don’t see that just shows your bias.

5 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Well the wording of the bill isn’t clear if even student-organized events are allowed, kinda sounds like they’re not to me.

And I’m not sure there “needs” to be anything.  But it shouldn’t be banned.  The fact that you don’t see that just shows your bias.

If it's not using state funds they're not stopping those.   Don't be stupid.

27 minutes ago, Strike said:

If it's not using state funds they're not stopping those.   Don't be stupid.

“May not…expend any funds, regardless of source”

On 2/25/2023 at 9:07 PM, TimHauck said:

“May not…expend any funds, regardless of source”

They are still state institutions and state employees.  You argument is moronic.  It is completely asinine to claim employees while working for the state have a right to push their extremist racist activism.  GTFO with that stupidity.  

13 minutes ago, jonmx said:

They are still state institutions and state employees.  You argument is moronic.  It is completely asinine to claim employees while working for the state have a right to push their extremist racist activism.  GTFO with that stupidity.  

Encouraging diversity is extremist racist activism?

And the post you quoted was referring to how it’s not even really clear if student organizations can do it.

The good news about all this is that as people observe this academic terrorism they will not vote for Desantis so....oh wait, nevermind...

Well, then, at least they will leave the state in droves to flee this madness.....oh crap, nevermind....

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

Encouraging diversity is extremist racist activism?

And the post you quoted was referring to how it’s not even really clear if student organizations can do it.

Diversity my arse.  Not one person is upset about diversity.  The issue is about the Project 1619/CRT/ crap which preaches racial hatred.  All this institutional racism, white priviledge, white hierarchy, white guilt and racial division which is promoted by these lies.  That is not one thing even remotely related to diversity in those teachings.   It is nothing but teaching people how evil and worthless white people are.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jonmx said:

Diversity my arse.  Not one person is upset about diversity.  The issue is about the Project 1619/CRT/ crap which preaches racial hatred.  All this institutional racism, white priviledge, white hierarchy, white guilt and racial division which is promoted by these lies.  That is not one thing even remotely related to diversity in those teachings.   It is nothing but teaching people how evil and worthless white people are.  

Correct. But you should now expect the game of "CRT isnt real"  or "CRT isnt being taught" or "CRT isnt part of the curriculm".....etc etc...

Liberals push these vile ideologies, then pretend they are not, when caught they then pretend its not widespread or that you are only focusing on the negative, or you are against academia etc...

It is VERY Maoist in its execution.....luckily, there remain those of us with critical thinking skills who can call out the bullsh!t....

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, jonmx said:

Diversity my arse.  Not one person is upset about diversity. 

Based on the bill which lists CRT AND diversity, sure seems like Desantis is

23 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Correct. But you should now expect the game of "CRT isnt real"  or "CRT isnt being taught" or "CRT isnt part of the curriculm".....etc etc...

Liberals push these vile ideologies, then pretend they are not, when caught they then pretend its not widespread or that you are only focusing on the negative, or you are against academia etc...

It is VERY Maoist in its execution.....luckily, there remain those of us with critical thinking skills who can call out the bullsh!t....

The left has really become more fascist in their execution as they are using corporate monopolies to circumvent individual rights.  Or in the case of COVID using 'health' as an excuse to initiate lockdowns and mandates.  Unfortunately most normal citizens don't have time to fight and research to keep up with all their tactics, and simply believe the lies which get spoon feed to them by the mainstream government media and the government-big tech monopolies.   

1 minute ago, jonmx said:

The left has really become more fascist in their execution as they are using corporate monopolies to circumvent individual rights.  Or in the case of COVID using 'health' as an excuse to initiate lockdowns and mandates.  Unfortunately most normal citizens don't have time to fight and research to keep up with all their tactics, and simply believe the lies which get spoon feed to them by the mainstream government media and the government-big tech monopolies.   

I am tepid on the facism correlation.  I see them as being more Maoist than anything else.  Racism for me is more akin to what you might find with like the Proud Boys or antifa (purposely misnamed to hide what they know they are)

9 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Based on the bill which lists CRT AND diversity, sure seems like Desantis is

Yes, I know 'divsersity'.   He uses that term because what is called 'divserty training' is what the leftist label their programs which are in reality divisive training which emphasizes white bashing under the veil of diversity.  There is no diversity in those courses/trainings.  

Blah blah blah the left is fascist.

Meanwhile, many support DeSantis who is banning the teaching of topics he personally dislikes, and is replacing college boards of directors with his political sycophants.

If you support this guy, you should be aware that freedom is nowhere on his list of priorities.

https://popular.info/p/desantis-pushes-ban-on-gender-studies?utm_source=post-email-title&publication_id=1664&post_id=105281635&isFreemail=true&utm_medium=email

1 minute ago, dogcows said:

Agreed. It is very easy to see. The left needs to be stopped.

8 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Meanwhile, many support DeSantis who is banning the teaching of topics he personally dislikes, and is replacing college boards of directors with his political sycophants.

If you support this guy, you should be aware that freedom is nowhere on his list of priorities.

https://popular.info/p/desantis-pushes-ban-on-gender-studies?utm_source=post-email-title&publication_id=1664&post_id=105281635&isFreemail=true&utm_medium=email

“Gender Studies”. Listen to yourself, you eunuch. What happened to you? Want to learn about gender? Here you go: Men have a pennis, women have a vagina. Women can have a baby, men can’t. There you go.  Where’s my check? 

33 minutes ago, jonmx said:

Yes, I know 'divsersity'.   He uses that term because what is called 'divserty training' is what the leftist label their programs which are in reality divisive training which emphasizes white bashing under the veil of diversity.  There is no diversity in those courses/trainings.  

It’s not just training programs that are being banned

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

CRT is not a vile ideology,  and it’s not being taught outside of university. What do I win? 

1 minute ago, The Real timschochet said:

CRT is not a vile ideology,  and it’s not being taught outside of university. What do I win? 

It is vile for what it attempts to infuse into young minds. And your attempt to pretend has already been disproven. 

Let me add again: if CRT was being taught in high school it wouldn’t make a bit of difference since most high school kids hate history classes and don’t retain a thing, Those few nerds who like history (I am one of them) read their own books. 

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

It is vile for what it attempts to infuse into young minds. And your attempt to pretend has already been disproven. 

Do you agree with the idea that history should be presented as accurately as possible? 

4 minutes ago, RLLD said:

RLLD, here is the Wiki page about CRT: 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_race_theory

The first two paragraphs contain the definition of CRT according to them. I would ask that you read it and then tell me what is vile about it. Or, alternatively, if you dispute their definition, please explain what they got wrong and what your source is. 

Because I believe that your feelings about CRT are based on a misunderstanding of what it’s actually about. 

1 minute ago, The Real timschochet said:

The first two paragraphs contain the definition of CRT according to them. I would ask that you read it and then tell me what is vile about it. Or, alternatively, if you dispute their definition, please explain what they got wrong and what your source is. 

Because I believe that your feelings about CRT are based on a misunderstanding of what it’s actually about. 

The games the leftist liars play. Pathetic.  

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The games the leftist liars play. Pathetic.  

I’m still waiting for you to link that exit poll showing that Trump voters were more concerned about economic and trade issues than racial fears. 

Is asking for evidence and facts to back up one’s assertions game playing now? Because if so I think we should all play it. 

2 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I’m still waiting for you to link that exit poll showing that Trump voters were more concerned about economic and trade issues than racial fears. 

Is asking for evidence and facts to back up one’s assertions game playing now? Because if so I think we should all play it. 

I’m still waiting for you to show exit polling showing it was in industrial swing states, not a Washington post/ Vox poll taken two years after the election from people from wherever. 

8 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Do you have a link showing they were concerned about racial fears?  I thought the main reason Trump won was because people thought he’d be good for the economy due to his business experience, with an assist from the desire to “drain the swamp”

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I’m still waiting for you to show exit polling showing it was in industrial swing states, not a Washington post/ Vox poll taken two years after the election from people from wherever. 

The study that I offered you already cites exit polling. And anyhow you made the assertion that exit polls confirmed your argument and disputed mine. So the ball is in your court. 

2 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Do you have a link showing they were concerned about racial fears?  I thought the main reason Trump won was because people thought he’d be good for the economy due to his business experience, with an assist from the desire to “drain the swamp”

Yes. I posted this yesterday: 

https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/identities/2017/12/15/16781222/trump-racism-economic-anxiety-study

It’s one of many. The results were overwhelming. 

9 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Yes. I posted this yesterday: 

https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/identities/2017/12/15/16781222/trump-racism-economic-anxiety-study

It’s one of many. The results were overwhelming. 

Did the study have data on who those people voted for in 2012?  Just because racists voted for Trump doesn’t mean that’s why he won, because they probably voted for Romney too.

5 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Did the study have data on who those people voted for in 2012?  Just because racists voted for Trump doesn’t mean that’s why he won, because they probably voted for Romney too.

Read the article please. Also people with racial fears are not necessarily racists. Most of them aren’t IMO. 

5 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Read the article please. Also people with racial fears are not necessarily racists. Most of them aren’t IMO. 

I did, but this is the only part I saw that references prior elections and I don’t think  answers my question (and the link to the actual study it references didn’t work):

As Schaffner, MacWilliams, and Nteta write in their paper, there’s growing evidence that 2016 was unique — in that racism and sexism played a more powerful role than recent presidential elections. “Specifically, we find no statistically significant relationship between either the racism or sexism scales and favorability ratings of either [Republican candidate] John McCain or Mitt Romney,” they write. “However, the pattern is quite strong for favorability ratings of Donald Trump.”

52 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Do you agree with the idea that history should be presented as accurately as possible? 

I have no issue with the accurate representation of history, and in that area I observe that we have made significant strides in the last 10 years. I do not concur that the promotion of an inane idea that U.S. social institutions (e.g., the criminal justice system, education system, labor market, housing market, and healthcare system) are laced with racism embedded in laws, regulations, rules, and procedures that lead to differential outcomes by race.  And the attempt to pretend that it is not communicated with an us vs them approach has already been disproven when parents overheard that happening.

For CRT to be true we would need to see specific and rather evident policies and laws that excluded only one minority group instead of all minority groups. 

All CRT does is say "hey look this group seems to be not keeping up, therefore the system is flawed" instead of saying, hey what is going on inside of that group that they are the only ones who cannot seem to advance.....

51 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Thank you for the link. The only thing missing would be the contributors being caught by Veritas saying what they actually use it for.

Critical thinking requires some questioning.  It is how many of us knew early on that CVOID was created by the Chinese, that Russian Collusion was a hoax, that the vaccine did not prevent COVID.....on and on.....

I would encourage you not to accept what you are being told, it is likely not true. 

2 hours ago, RLLD said:

There is this going on for sure.   At the same time, there is a very public effort to throw a bunch of crap under the CRT definition.   Anybody honest about this discussion should acknowledge that, IMO.    Also, speaking of truthful - I have seen more than enough example of CRT being "taught" to kids where when I look at the example it's a freaking book in a library or a suggested article, things like that.  

That's why I have largely stepped away from the pissing match of what CRT technically is.   For me it's firmly in the camp of things like racism,  woke, and others - words that have basically lost their definitions.    You ask 10 different people what CRT is and you are going to get a variety of answers.  That is not good for discussion and debate.  

You and I seem to be able to agree on several things lately, can we agree on this as well?  

47 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

There is this going on for sure.   At the same time, there is a very public effort to throw a bunch of crap under the CRT definition.   Anybody honest about this discussion should acknowledge that, IMO.    Also, speaking of truthful - I have seen more than enough example of CRT being "taught" to kids where when I look at the example it's a freaking book in a library or a suggested article, things like that.  

That's why I have largely stepped away from the pissing match of what CRT technically is.   For me it's firmly in the camp of things like racism,  woke, and others - words that have basically lost their definitions.    You ask 10 different people what CRT is and you are going to get a variety of answers.  That is not good for discussion and debate.  

You and I seem to be able to agree on several things lately, can we agree on this as well?  

The labels and what they call it don't matter, because it is all deceptive and sugar coated nonsense.  What DeSantis and conservatives want to prevent is this kind of crap:

- white are all part of the oppressors and priviledge class.

- minorities are all oppressed.

- Everything that white achieved is on the backs of slaves.  

- American foundation was mainly driven by their desire to preserve slavery.

- Institutional racism is still pervasive everywhere.  

- Success in America is not merit based.   

• Like 1

To think some here has issue with the alleged “don’t say gay bill”.  

2 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

You are waiting for HT to show a link to prove something?

Jesus will return before that happens. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

democrats are all racists, and vote with racial fears

KISS THE BOOT whitey

Tim is the beta cuck its quite apparent, his wife gets railed by BBC routinely