Sign in to follow this  
Hardcore troubadour

Memphis Police Killing

Just now, RogerDodger said:

How many black police officers does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

I don't know RodgerDodger, how many black police officers does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

I don't know RodgerDodger, how many black police officers does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

None, they want the lights off so you can't see them beating the black kids.

5 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Are you, by chance, Micheal Richards working on new material?

No, but, I'll be here all week.

This could be really bad.  I just got out of a command staff meeting and were standing up multiple extra task forces and medic units. I’m hearing its worse than Rodney King. 

Just now, Fireballer said:

This could be really bad.  I just got out of a command staff meeting and were standing up multiple extra task forces and medic units. I’m hearing its worse than Rodney King. 

Is there boarding of glass taking place?

Just now, Engorgeous George said:

Is there boarding of glass taking place?

Not that I’ve seen, but I haven’t driven deep downtown yet. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

I hope it gets colder. 

Any idea when they plan to release the video?

Just now, Bert said:

I heard 7 tonight. 

Just now, Bert said:

I believe the are coordinating with the release of the Kraken.  That coordination takes some time.  It will be interesting to see which does more damage upon its release.

4 minutes ago, Bert said:

Video of the fatal beating of Tyre Nichols, the 29-year-old man who died three days after a traffic stop by police, is set to be released by Memphis officials Friday evening.

Meanwhile, the Memphis community is bracing for potential protests in response to the video release, with Memphis-Shelby County Schools canceling after-school activities Friday and Southwest Tennessee Community College moving to virtual classes Friday. 

Wells warned of the contents of the video, called it "horrific," and asked people to protest in peace after its release. "I don’t want us burning up our cities, tearing up the streets, because that’s not what my son stood for," she said.

Romanucci described the video Monday as an “unadulterated, unabashed, nonstop beating” for three minutes. Crump has said it reminded him of “the Rodney King video,” referring to the 1991 bystander video of Los Angeles police officers beating a Black man.

Nichols’ mother spoke on her heartbreak in an interview aired Friday morning on CNN, saying by the time she got to the hospital and saw Nichols following the arrest, “He was already gone.”

“They had beat him to a pulp. He had bruises all over him, his head was swollen like a watermelon, his neck was busting because of the swelling, they broke his neck, my son’s nose looked like an “S”, she said.

Crump said Nichols’ last words in the video footage were three “gut-wrenching screams for his mom.”

Hopefully her words carry some weight here and the savages don't come out.

I have no interest in watching this video.

3 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Is there a Rooney rule in the police force?

No.  Now it is like teachers, they'll take damn near anyone that applies.  

Just now, Bert said:

No.  Now it is like teachers, they'll take damn near anyone that applies.  

Tis’ true. 

17 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I heard 7 tonight. 

Paul Pelosi beaten up releases at noon EST. 

Double feature!  This is going to be awesome!

🍿

:banana:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Interesting. An avid 29 year old skateboarder fleeing from police after taking photos of the sunset....

On the night of Jan. 7, Nichols, a 29-year-old father and FedEx worker who has been described by family as an avid skateboarder, was returning home from a suburban park where he had taken photos of the sunset, according to his family's attorneys. On the way home, he was stopped for reckless driving, according to a statement from the Memphis Police Department. As officers approached Nichols to arrest him, a "confrontation" occurred and Nichols then fled, police said. A second "confrontation" also occurred at some point before Nichols was ultimately arrested, police said. 

47 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

What line are you in?

1 minute ago, supermike80 said:

So hiring black cops doesn’t curtail racist policing.  Another failed liberal experiment. 

5 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Wow, impressive.  Not just are the black cops racist, but they are so because of anti-black messaging.  So they can maintain their original purity, kinda like Jesus, and we can blame the whitey serpent for tainting them.  :thumbsup: 

49 minutes ago, Louie Kelcher said:

Video of the fatal beating of Tyre Nichols, the 29-year-old man who died three days after a traffic stop by police, is set to be released by Memphis officials Friday evening.

Meanwhile, the Memphis community is bracing for potential protests in response to the video release, with Memphis-Shelby County Schools canceling after-school activities Friday and Southwest Tennessee Community College moving to virtual classes Friday. 

Wells warned of the contents of the video, called it "horrific," and asked people to protest in peace after its release. "I don’t want us burning up our cities, tearing up the streets, because that’s not what my son stood for," she said.

Romanucci described the video Monday as an “unadulterated, unabashed, nonstop beating” for three minutes. Crump has said it reminded him of “the Rodney King video,” referring to the 1991 bystander video of Los Angeles police officers beating a Black man.

Nichols’ mother spoke on her heartbreak in an interview aired Friday morning on CNN, saying by the time she got to the hospital and saw Nichols following the arrest, “He was already gone.”

“They had beat him to a pulp. He had bruises all over him, his head was swollen like a watermelon, his neck was busting because of the swelling, they broke his neck, my son’s nose looked like an “S”, she said.

Crump said Nichols’ last words in the video footage were three “gut-wrenching screams for his mom.”

Hopefully her words carry some weight here and the savages don't come out.

I have no interest in watching this video.

Same on the last part.  Whatever gene it is where people (mostly men it seems) like to watch such things, I didn't get.

Also, maybe these cops grew up poor? As Iv’e been told, poverty is the prevailing factor in why people commit crimes. 

2 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Wow, impressive.  Not just are the black cops racist, but they are so because of anti-black messaging.  So they can maintain their original purity, kinda like Jesus, and we can blame the whitey serpent for tainting them.  :thumbsup: 

Yep..Just know the ONLY reason blacks commit crimes, any crimes, is due to white oppression and influence.  That is the message here.

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

Same on the last part.  Whatever gene it is where people (mostly men it seems) like to watch such things, I didn't get.

Yeah,  I couldn't even get through Faces of Death when I was in college.  :(

4 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

It staggers the imagination the matriculations some will allow to avoid the truth. 

From CNN:

Derek Chauvin, the ex-Minneapolis police officer convicted in the murder of George Floyd, remains eligible for roughly $1.5 million in pension benefits when he reaches retirement age. And Kim Potter, the former Brooklyn Center, Minnesota officer who shot and killed 20-year old Daunte Wright and is charged with second-degree manslaughter, will also keep her pension worth around $2 million, according to a CNN analysis of her employment data and pension plan guidance.

Ousted Los Angeles County Sheriff Lee Baca currently receives nearly 14 times that amount, around $250,000 a year (not including additional benefits that go to his ex-wife), from his federal prison cell. Baca stepped down in 2014 and was ultimately convicted of helping to orchestrate a widespread cover-up of inmate beatings and other abuses at the county jail that included lying to federal investigators and threatening an FBI agent with arrest.

He had already received around $1.4 million by the time he began his three-year prison sentence last year.

4 minutes ago, peenie said:

From CNN:

Thanks for pointing out that Union's suck.

7 hours ago, avoiding injuries said:

Yep, all 5. I’m curious the angle liberals and the media will take. 

Here is one liberal/media take:

• Haha 1

I didn’t have a huge problem with Rodney King getting a beating. They just went too long. A couple of quick shots would be understandable.  Rodney put a lot of peoples lives in danger that night and it’s a miracle he didn't kill an innocent. 

• Like 1

Just now, Cloaca du jour said:

Werent the cops black in this instance?

Black not only in this instance but all their lives. Its an immutable trait unless you are Michael Jackson.

5 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Black not only in this instance but all their lives. Its an immutable trait unless you are Michael Jackson.

If its as bad as they say...lock em up.  I honestly dgaf.  Not my circus..not my clown.