cmh6476

Brady retiring (really)

1 hour ago, Thornton Melon said:

The headline on Boston.com: 

"Tom Brady announces second retirement from football"

:D

https://www.boston.com/sports/new-england-patriots/2023/02/01/tom-brady-announces-second-retirement-from-football/?p1=hp_primary

They're only allowed to disparage the Patriots, not the Red Sox.

1 hour ago, craftsman said:

I don't get why Brady is so hated. I'll never understand it. 

I am not sure that I ever hated him, just thought he was a overrated early in his career (felt the same about Rapelessburger) due to amazing defense, special teams and running game.

He has benefited from more than a handful of "bounces" in tight, meaningful games but is truly a great QB and created many opportunities himself.  In general, the game was better for having him in it.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Gutterboy hates an NFL player because he walked out on his baby mama. So tell us, who do you like? Lol. 

I hate Brady for multiple reasons.  There are several NFL players I like, including Eli Manning, Dexter Lawrence, Anquon Boldin, Andrew Whitworth, Drew Brees, all for various reasons.

I guess this is now where you take your obsession and find some dirt on players I like to try and point out how I'm a hypocrite.

It's so fun being in your head and making you dance.

1 minute ago, Louie Kelcher said:

I hate Brady for multiple reasons.  There are several NFL players I like, including Eli Manning, Dexter Lawrence, Anquon Boldin, Andrew Whitworth, Drew Brees, all for various reasons.

I guess this is now where you take your obsession and find some dirt on players I like to try and point out how I'm a hypocrite.

No need.  Saying you don’t like a player because he walked out on his baby mama is enough hilarity. It speaks for itself. Thanks. 

1 minute ago, Louie Kelcher said:

Well, I mean, you ARE a f'n hypocrite.  That's not even debatable.

Exposing you as a hypocrite and clueless partisan hack is so easy even a caveman could do it.

1 minute ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Well, I mean, you ARE a f'n hypocrite.  That's not even debatable.

Exposing you as a hypocrite and clueless partisan hack is so easy even a caveman could do it.

Alright, then go ahead fockface.

let me guess your response "Been there done that.  Everyone knows your a hypocrite I'm not gonna waste my time"

You focking idiots are pretty much all the same person and spew the same BS.

2 minutes ago, Louie Kelcher said:

Alright, then go ahead fockface.

let me guess your response "Been there done that.  Everyone knows your a hypocrite I'm not gonna waste my time"

You focking idiots are pretty much all the same person and spew the same BS.

Go ahead?  :lol:

JFC, we've been doing it since you got here you moron.  :lol:

It's been done so many times that the words "Hypocrite" and "moron" on dictionary.com links to your profile.  :lol:

• Haha 1

Just now, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Go ahead?  :lol:

JFC, we've been doing it since you got here you moron.  :lol:

It's been done so many times that the word "Hypocrite" on dictionary.com links to your profile.  :lol:

Nailed it.  Go roon another thread you focking ball licker.

27 minutes ago, Louie Kelcher said:

Nailed it.  Go roon another thread you focking ball licker.

You're the one who attends the DNC Plantation meetings at the DNC Glory Hole, not me.  You've licked and spit on so many balls that golf courses across the nation are scrambling to hire you.  You're like the Tom Brady of ball lickers.

• Haha 1

I know he signed some ridiculous broadcasting contract. But good lord, the dude is thorazine incarnate. He is absolutely lifeless in any conversation or interview I've ever seen with him. 

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Loved Jerry Rice and Peyton Manning.  Never like Kobe.

Seriously, there's not one great player you didn't like?

Gretzky is that for me.  Hated that dude.  

2 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

People get tired of the same person winning over and over again.  He also isn't that likeable of a person on the field, he's a huge complainer.  I think it's similar to not liking LeBron.  Unless they are on your team then they are the enemy.  Everyone needs a good enemy in their sport.

So Jerry Rice was a well known whiner. One of the worst of all time. And you like him but hate Brady for whining. That's odd. 

Just now, craftsman said:

So Jerry Rice was a well known whiner. One of the worst of all time. And you like him but hate Brady for whining. That's odd. 

I grew up watching Rice and didn't see all the whining like I see it now.  If Rice played now I have a feeling I wouldn't like him.  I bet I wouldn't like Jordan much if he played now either.  We didn't know near as much about athletes then as we do now.  The multiple cameras, announcers, analysts and sports shows we have now has a lot to do with the dislike I have for certain players.

Is it starting to make sense to you know?  It should because a lot of people feel the same.  I thought it was pretty obvious.

Anybody wanna guess the one team Brady ends his career with a losing regular season record against?

4 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Anybody wanna guys the one team Brady ends his career with a losing regular season record against?

Hmmm.  KC?

My other thought was SF, but I think he was .500 against them. 

43 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

Hmmm.  KC?

My other thought was SF, but I think he was .500 against them. 

That's the graphic I saw but it didn't say regular season.   It showed one loss though against the giants and he had two in the super bowl, so I'm guessing it was regular season. 

20 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

That's the graphic I saw but it didn't say regular season.   It showed one loss though against the giants and he had two in the super bowl, so I'm guessing it was regular season. 

I think it's regular season.  Overall, I didn't think he had a losing record against any team playoffs and regular season combined.  

I think over time an objective analysis of Tom Brady won't be as such a fantastic athlete. Rather, that he exploited / integrated the rapid changes to the game quicker and more seamlessly than anyone else. 

Not only did Brady decide his fate for this year, he also decided that Rodgers will play at least 1 more year.

30 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Not only did Brady decide his fate for this year, he also decided that Rodgers will play at least 1 more year.

Isn’t he dating the Tampa owners daughter? 

TUCK RULE

Vinatieri making the toughest FG in NFL history

Won 2001 AFC Champ game despite leading offense to 0 points

Won SB 36 despite leading offense to just 13 points

Won 2007 AFC Champ game despite 3 ints and a 66.4 passer rating

Won 2011 AFC Champ game despite 2 ints and a 57.5 passer rating

Won SB 49 despite playing like crap for 3 qrts, gets bailed out by Malcolm Butler (Worst play in NFL history and voted as such by NFL Films Top 10 Worst plays)

Won SB 51 despite playing like crap for 3 qrts and throwing a PICK6 (Falcons greatest collapse in NFL history and Brady needed 2 pointers making him the only QB in NFL history to need 2 pointers to win a SB)

Won SB 53 despite scoring just 13 points and a 71.4 passer rating

Super Bowl Record when leading offense to 13 or fewer points:

Tom Brady 2–0

Every other QB in NFL history 0–25

SB XXXVIII was bitter sweet for Kasay. Although he converted a 50-yard field goal and made both extra attempts, his final kickoff went out of bounds, incurring an illegal procedure penalty that placed the ball on the 40. This assisted Brady on the drive that resulted in the game winning field goal.

Seen any other player have that much good fortune? 

2 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

TUCK RULE

Vinatieri making the toughest FG in NFL history

Won 2001 AFC Champ game despite leading offense to 0 points

Won SB 36 despite leading offense to just 13 points

Won 2007 AFC Champ game despite 3 ints and a 66.4 passer rating

Won 2011 AFC Champ game despite 2 ints and a 57.5 passer rating

Won SB 49 despite playing like crap for 3 qrts, gets bailed out by Malcolm Butler (Worst play in NFL history and voted as such by NFL Films Top 10 Worst plays)

Won SB 51 despite playing like crap for 3 qrts and throwing a PICK6 (Falcons greatest collapse in NFL history and Brady needed 2 pointers making him the only QB in NFL history to need 2 pointers to win a SB)

Won SB 53 despite scoring just 13 points and a 71.4 passer rating

Super Bowl Record when leading offense to 13 or fewer points:

Tom Brady 2–0

Every other QB in NFL history 0–25

SB XXXVIII was bitter sweet for Kasay. Although he converted a 50-yard field goal and made both extra attempts, his final kickoff went out of bounds, incurring an illegal procedure penalty that placed the ball on the 40. This assisted Brady on the drive that resulted in the game winning field goal.

Wow.  I’ve been saying that for years about the patriots but you really laid it out. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Wow.  I’ve been saying that for years about the patriots but you really laid it out. 

and for the record, i felt similarly towards Ben.

Both had excellent RB production, D, and ST which lead to championships. Both developed nicely, and were able to carry their teams after about 4 years but were able to do so due to the surrounding cast.

17 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

and for the record, i felt similarly towards Ben.

Both had excellent RB production, D, and ST which lead to championships. Both developed nicely, and were able to carry their teams after about 4 years but were able to do so due to the surrounding cast.

Makes you appreciate what Mahomes has done . Lost Hill and is on his way to an MVP and maybe a title. He didn’t whine about it like AR 

• Like 2

Ok so this is interesting.  I heard on the radio you can actually bet on Brady actually returning.  It's like +2000 he returns.  Bob Kraft has said he'd like to sign Brady to a one day contract so he can retire with the Pats.  If you bet on Brady returning, do you win that bet???

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Makes you appreciate what Mahomes has done . Lost Hill and is on his way to an MVP and maybe a title. He didn’t whine about it like AR 

absolutely.

I thought rogers, brees, p manning stood out.  

This era is interesting.... more more qb friendly, but also less forgiving.  throw them in and expect results or move on.  A lot of excellent qb in the league today... herbert, burrow, mahomes, hurts, allen lawrence, lamar.

1 minute ago, supermike80 said:

Ok so this is interesting.  I heard on the radio you can actually bet on Brady actually returning.  It's like +2000 he returns.  Bob Kraft has said he'd like to sign Brady to a one day contract so he can retire with the Pats.  If you bet on Brady returning, do you win that bet???

I would bet the fine print says he has to play in a game or something like that.  No way they leave themselves open to a one day contract.

4 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

I think if you go back and dissect every QBs career you'll find that they've all had lucky breaks here and there. You're focusing in on one guy, I don't think that's fair. 

3 minutes ago, League Champion said:

I think if you go back and dissect every QBs career you'll find that they've all had lucky breaks here and there. You're focusing in on one guy, I don't think that's fair. 

I’ve been watching the nfl since the 70’s.  We are discussing Brady.  

if you would like to focus on some other players, start some threads and let’s dive in.

17 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

if you would like to focus on some other players, start some threads and let’s dive in.

This is about Tom.Brady, not other players. I'm just saying, you're throwing out circumstances that could apply to any NFL QB. 

You think Joe Montana never caught a break, or had great players to count on? Only the greatest ever. 

1 minute ago, League Champion said:

This is about Tom.Brady, not other players. I'm just saying, you're throwing out circumstances that could apply to any NFL QB. 

You think Joe Montana never caught a break, or had great players to count on? Only the greatest ever. 

The point is the Patriots had a lot.  More than most. 

• Thanks 1

I saw some headline where that loud mouth Megyn Kelly was spouting off about Tom Brady and his marriage in his poor millionaire cheating w**** wife.

I always heard and read but Megyn Kelly was a c unit, but she doesn't have to prove it on a weekly basis. Shut the f******.

1 hour ago, League Champion said:

1 hour ago, League Champion said:

1 hour ago, Bier Meister said:

I’ve been watching the nfl since the 70’s.  We are discussing Brady.  

2 hours ago, Reality said:

This seems made up but, pretty insane.

That's likely true. There are only two times he would've come close:

1. Thanksgiving 2000 when he came in for a few snaps in mop up duty when the Pats were 3-8 at the time, and probably not mathematically eliminated yet.

2. Last game of the 2002 season, the Pats won to go to 9-7 in a 1:00PM game, and the Colts won to go to 10-6 in a 4:00PM game. I'm guessing had the Colts lost, the Pats would've gotten one of the Wild Cards.

That's it. The only other season his team didn't make the playoffs was 2008 when he got knocked out for the season in Game 1.

On 2/1/2023 at 7:19 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

Isn’t he dating the Tampa owners daughter? 

No idea but he can't share the HOF stage 2nd to Brady so he as to paly another year minimum.