Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Where does Aaron Rodgers play next year?

Rumors are Jets are birddogging him hard. I think he threatens to retire instead of going there.

Dolphins would be very interesting. Hill, Waddle and Gaseski with AFraudg :o

Probably be boring and stay in GB :thumbsdown: 

Just now, Reality said:

Who cares, washed.

:o   Russell Wilson?

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

:o   Russell Wilson?

Whoa now... Won't go that far... 🤣

I think TBB, NYJ, and LVR make a lot of sense for him

3 hours ago, edjr said:

Rumors are Jets are birddogging him hard. I think he threatens to retire instead of going there.

Dolphins would be very interesting. Hill, Waddle and Gaseski with AFraudg :o

Probably be boring and stay in GB :thumbsdown: 

I think he would go to the Jets.   Good defense.  His boy Hackett is there.  Decent weapons.  

Im not sure what he will do.  But I think if he doesn't end up in GB or retire, it is the Jets.  

Just now, Bier Meister said:

GB won't trade him to a NFC team.  I don't think.  

When they do feel free to shove this in my face.  

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

GB won't trade him to a NFC team.  I don't think.  

When they do feel free to shove this in my face.  

these things can change with the wind.  at this point i wouldn't guarantee anything, nor hold it against anyone

6 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

3 HC's I would not want to play for 

• Like 1

these things can change with the wind.  at this point i wouldn't guarantee anything, nor hold it against anyone

Ive just heard they wont do a NFC team.  Definitely not the 9ers.  Maybe they would be willing to do the Bucs.  

As a Packers fan, I have come to grips that they should trade him if they can pull it off.   I don't think Rodgers is washed, but he isn't going to win another in GB.  So get what you can.  

• Like 1

Just now, BufordT said:

I get that... I think salah would be fine.

at the stage in his career he has to be looking at personnel and team's potential.  these teams have a lot of potential.

Just now, BufordT said:

Whats wrong with Salah? Seems like players like him and the defense speaks for itself.  

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

Ive just heard they wont do a NFC team.  Definitely not the 9ers.  Maybe they would be willing to do the Bucs.  

As a Packers fan, I have come to grips that they should trade him if they can pull it off.   I don't think Rodgers is washed, but he isn't going to win another in GB.  So get what you can.  

... and i don't think that it's rodgers' fault.

Every time I see Rodgers play he looks absolutely miserable. 

... and i don't think that it's rodgers' fault.

I think Rodgers played subpar.  But he played with a broken thumb.  His 2 best WRs were 2nd and 4th round rookies.  From d2 and Nevada.  He still makes all the throws.  He just isn't seeing the field or just doesn't trust the young guys.  Losing Adams and a guy you basically force fed for years with impeccable chemistry was a huge wake up call and changes how he attacked defenses.  Lost his OC and QB coach.  

He is certainly not in his prime but I think he can still make all the throws.   

Just now, MDC said:

Every time I see Rodgers play he looks absolutely miserable. 

I agree.  He has gotten that grumpy old man thing going.  I think half of it stems from being frustrated with the FO.  And half is hes just old.  He hates rookies and they forced him to have his 2 top targets be rookies.  

Kurt Warner broke it down in season well.  A lot of wrong routes and timing issues.   

But yea if you are going to be out there grumpy that takes a toll on the offense.  That said all the players back him when asked.  Maybe they have no choice.   He was hard on Doubs and when Doubs was asked what he thought about Rodger's leadership he said hes the best leader hes ever been around.  Not sure what to make of that.  

3 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

I think Rodgers played subpar.  But he played with a broken thumb.  His 2 best WRs were 2nd and 4th round rookies.  From d2 and Nevada.  He still makes all the throws.  He just isn't seeing the field or just doesn't trust the young guys.  Losing Adams and a guy you basically force fed for years with impeccable chemistry was a huge wake up call and changes how he attacked defenses.  Lost his OC and QB coach.  

He is certainly not in his prime but I think he can still make all the throws.   

I completely agree... 

the shifted to a what should have been an excellent run first team with Jones/dillon and really didn't give him the tools for a decent passing attack

3 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Whats wrong with Salah? Seems like players like him and the defense speaks for itself.  

4 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

I get that... I think salah would be fine.

I guess the jury is still out on him. I mean SFs def hasn't missed a beat without him and I think the Jets d would be fine without him. The players might like him but do they respect him?  There were players wearing t-shirts that had Mike White printed on them an obvious rejection of Zack Wilson.  I'm not sure HC's that are respected allow that stuff.

If I were GB I would do everything I could to trade him to TB.  Let's face it, Todd Bowles is awful and now they're letting him clean house to get his people in there.  That isn't going to work out very well, no matter who is at QB

I completely agree... 

the shifted to a what should have been an excellent run first team with Jones/dillon and really didn't give him the tools for a decent passing attack

And I really thought they could lean more on an elite defense.  When you look atthe numbers they werent terrible.  But I believe their DOVA went backwards from last season.  I coukd go on for hours about this, but that defense probably has the most resources used of any team.  Something like 10 out of their last 11 1st round picks have been defense.  The exception being Love.   Thats just insane.  Add in the FAs over the years.  Zadarious Smith.  Preston Smith.  Adrian Amos.  Signed Jarren Reed this season.   Resigned Campbell and Douglas to decsnt contracts after 1 season of good play on bargain barrel deals.   The sheer amount they put in that defense only to max out at middling is astonishing.   

Just now, BufordT said:

I guess the jury is still out on him. I mean SFs def hasn't missed a beat without him and I think the Jets d would be fine without him. The players might like him but do they respect him?  There were players wearing t-shirts that had Mike White printed on them an obvious rejection of Zack Wilson.  I'm not sure HC's that are respected allow that stuff.

If I were GB I would do everything I could to trade him to TB.  Let's face it, Todd Bowles is awful and now they're letting him clean house to get his people in there.  That isn't going to work out very well, no matter who is at QB

I think they allow that stuff.  Wilson is immature.   They rallied around White.  They say he is ultra respected in that lock room.   You speak up and say no support the kid and you are no longer a playera coach.  Wilson isn't Salahs problem.  He wanted White in.  

Just now, TommyGavin said:

I thought you were a Bills fan. 

I live in WNY.  I follow the Bills and hope they do well because their fans deserve it.  But no I am a Packers fan.  

The remake of Grizzly Adams. 

From what I've seen, leading contender is jets. Which is ironic if you think about it. Because where did Favre go after the Packers?

1 hour ago, Bier Meister said:

TBB is way over the salary cap as it stands now. They can't keep who they have as it is.

Hopefully not the Jets. It's the only topic of conversation on sports radio around here and 90% of talking heads seem to feel the Jets need to be ALL IN and give up whatever to get him. They don't care that he had his statistical worst season because it still would have been far better than anything the Jets have had in a while and he had no weapons until Watson started to click. Now I agree with all of that, just not the part about giving up whatever it takes. For a number of reasons

- He's 39/40 and it would be very "Jets" to give up multiple firsts and have him suddenly hit the wall. 

- He will cost picks and more $$ than let's say Derek Carr or Jimmy G. 

- How many seasons do we get of him? Then we are hitting the reset button?

- Jets need offensive line help. We have like 5 lineman under contract and one is Mekhi Becton. AVT is coming off injury and Duane Brown is almost as old as Rodgers. We need the draft capital and cap space to shore up the line. Using the 13th pick on a tackle and signing a center would go a long way. 

i'd rather shore up the line and have Carr or Jimmy for the next 5-7 seasons.

Korn Ferry Tour 

6 minutes ago, craftsman said:

TBB is way over the salary cap as it stands now. They can't keep who they have as it is.

yes, but i think they still will have a decent baseline for talent once all the cards are dealt

hmmm... wonder if AZ or seattle could work

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bier Meister said:

If Tampa is smart, this isn't the direction they go in.  They're $54M over the cap and adding Rodgers only puts them deeper in the hole.

59 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

If Tampa is smart, this isn't the direction they go in.  They're $54M over the cap and adding Rodgers only puts them deeper in the hole.

I agree and don't see any chance of that happening. There's no way that Rodgers follows in Brady's footsteps. NY seems like the logical destination. The Big Apple, a really solid team, good resources, endorsements out the arse, etc. It just makes sense to me. 

Just now, League Champion said:

I agree and don't see any chance of that happening. There's no way that Rodgers follows in Brady's footsteps. NY seems like the logical destination. The Big Apple, a really solid team, good resources, endorsements out the arse, etc. It just makes sense to me. 

Yeah, I do think the Jets make a move to bring a QB in.  Be it Rodgers, Carr, or even Jackson, they can't go into the draft or stick with Wilson.

I am going to say an outside shot at the Titans, and they could bring in a WR, that offense could be solid, thats what Tenn is continually missing

Rodgers, Lazard, Chark, Burks

wouldn't be too bad

4 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I am going to say an outside shot at the Titans, and they could bring in a WR, that offense could be solid, thats what Tenn is continually missing

Rodgers, Lazard, Chark, Burks

wouldn't be too bad

That's not a bad choice either. He does have a place in Tennessee and loves the area. 

34 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Yeah, I do think the Jets make a move to bring a QB in.  Be it Rodgers, Carr, or even Jackson, they can't go into the draft or stick with Wilson.

They won’t go into the season with Wilson. My guess and hope is that they sign Carr or Jimmy G and keep Wilson to give him a chance to learn behind someone and maybe they get lucky and the mental side clicks to match his arm talent. 

I outlined above why I don’t want Rodgers but another thing is, how does his weirdness play in NY, with the NY media. He’s become a very weird dude the last several years and just kind of gets to do his thing in GB. 

13 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

outlined above why I don’t want Rodgers but another thing is, how does his weirdness play in NY, with the NY media

What's more weird than NY? He'll fit in like a glove, ask Kyrie. 

Rodgers will get his choice. He can go to Vegas and reunite with Adam's. Adam's tweeted this recently

Granted he isn't the GM but he wants him there. If I was Rodgers I would stay away though. It's the same position he's been in for a decade with an awful defense. Rodgers does seem to just want to play with friends though. If I'm Rodgers I would want to go the the Jets. Offensive weapons and a good defense. They could immediately be a playoff team.

Green Bay should have traded him last year. Now it should be clear they aren't winning anything with him. The team just isnt there to compete. Time to reboot and get some picks to help the process along.

41 minutes ago, Brad GLuckman said:

Rodgers will get his choice. He can go to Vegas and reunite with Adam's. Adam's tweeted this recently

Granted he isn't the GM but he wants him there. If I was Rodgers I would stay away though. It's the same position he's been in for a decade with an awful defense. Rodgers does seem to just want to play with friends though. If I'm Rodgers I would want to go the the Jets. Offensive weapons and a good defense. They could immediately be a playoff team.

Green Bay should have traded him last year. Now it should be clear they aren't winning anything with him. The team just isnt there to compete. Time to reboot and get some picks to help the process along.

They immediately become a serious Super Bowl contender, not just possible playoff team next year, in my opinion