Sign in to follow this  
phillybear

Chemical spill in Philadelphia tap water today; city tells nobody

Philadelphia government can not give less focks. All the articles are behind the local newspaper paywalls, so no links yet. But that is ideally how to spread public health emergencies. In newspaper articles behind paywalls. :doh:

So, some chemical plant burst a pipe on Friday, and some kind of chemical, that also spilled in the Ohio derailment, hit the Delaware River north of our city, which is the source for the water treatment plants in Philadelphia. A few dozen people in the city received amber alerts (I didn't) at 1:00 PM today to not drink tap water by 2:00 PM today. It never hit the news. If I wasn't on reddit at just that time, I never would have known. 

So, word has spread, panic and chaos is now ragin'. I was in the supermarket this morning, and it was mostly empty. Fast forward. Fights in parking lots, bottled water gone from stores, shots being fired (well, that's not usual) and no timetable for how long there might be a problem. 

I'm a bit of a prepper. I'm sustainable for a long time with water, and finished filling up every pot in my kitchen, and have started the tedious Brita filtering for all of it, all before the deadline of the water reaching the water treatment plants. 

We are going to see a bunch of people with 3 feet and goiters around here. Well, more than usual, anyway.

BEEP. BEEP. HERE COMES THE FAYLEDOZER!!!!:banana:

I forget, is Philadelphia a Dem run City? 

Perhaps they should of spent their money on infastructure instead of gender studies and rainbow flags?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, League Champion said:

I forget, is Philadelphia a Dem run City? 

Perhaps they should of spent their money on infastructure instead of gender studies and rainbow flags?

It's getting really, really shitty in the city.

You have South Philadelphia, mostly rowhomes, where the Italians/Mob dominate.

You have the sprawling suburban-ish Far Northeast Philadelphia, which is dominated by Eastern European and Asian neighborhoods.

And the First Responders, who live in both of those sections.

You could just burn the rest of the city to the ground with absolutely no loss, maybe the historical sites from Revolutionary days, but nothing else is worth saving.

Wormwood in water huh, isn’t that something, I think this takes place everywhere in the world, and it goes unreported, mm I wonder why,  now they want to give us plants to eat.  

Stop trusting in man, and doesn’t matter what side a person in government pretends to be on, they are all on the same side.  

No contaminants found in the water so far. Recommending bottled water in the short term out of an “abundance of caution.”

5 minutes ago, MDC said:

No contaminants found in the water so far. Recommending bottled water in the short term out of an “abundance of caution.”

It's scary enough that their drinking water comes from the Schuylkill River. That thing is nasty 

• Like 1

mmmm..... latex!

Did you hear about the uprising at the chocolate rabbit plant? So far those rabbits have killed off a handful of workers in Reading  Probably going to have to bring in the national guard.

Well I guess if there's a silver lining, it's that philthians like to drink cheese whiz like water.

They're probably really sweating their meth getting contaminated though.

6 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Well I guess if there's a silver lining, it's that philthians like to drink cheese whiz like water.

They're probably really sweating their meth getting contaminated though.

😂

What a shithole. Imagine not being man enough to get your family out of there? 

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

Wormwood in water huh, isn’t that something, I think this takes place everywhere in the world, and it goes unreported, mm I wonder why,  now they want to give us plants to eat.  

Stop trusting in man, and doesn’t matter what side a person in government pretends to be on, they are all on the same side.  

I turned it all into fish and bread. 

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

The difference between Republicans and Democrats is of degree, not kind.

2 hours ago, League Champion said:

It's scary enough that their drinking water comes from the Schuylkill River. That thing is nasty 

Most of it comes from the Delaware. There are trace amounts of whatever in every water system. New York’s water supply is full of tiny crustaceans. :dunno: 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, MDC said:

Most of it comes from the Delaware. There are trace amounts of whatever in every water system. New York’s water supply is full of tiny crustaceans. :dunno: 

You are stupid just like the rest of your liberal nut job voting mates. 

Talk about how Biden is ruining the country, you whine about Trump.

Talk about you voting in a mental retard, you talk about other people.

Talk about your shlthole city, you bring up other liberal shlthole cities.

It's never about you or even what the topic of conversation is. It's always you covering up your lame ass weak positioning in life.

Just like you have been doing for your whole life when anyone calls you out for being a pvssy momma's boy even into your old age. Always running to momma cause the adults call you out for being a spineless jellyfish rat.

Just saying... Face the truth for once. But I get it, weak liberals like yourself don't do that as a principle. :dunno:

• Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

You are stupid just like the rest of your liberal nut job voting mates. 

Talk about how Biden is ruining the country, you whine about Trump.

Talk about you voting in a mental retard, you talk about other people.

Talk about your shlthole city, you bring up other liberal shlthole cities.

It's never about you or even what the topic of conversation is. It's always you covering up your lame ass weak positioning in life.

Just like you have been doing for your whole life when anyone calls you out for being a pvssy momma's boy even into your old age. Always running to momma cause the adults call you out for being a spineless jellyfish rat.

Just saying... Face the truth for once. But I get it, weak liberals like yourself don't do that as a principle. :dunno:

Big mad. :lol: 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, MDC said:

Big mad. :lol: 

Emotion is your life. Not mine. I just call it like it is. Your weaknesses make you an easy target.  :dunno:

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Emotion is your life. Not mine. I just call it like it is. Your weaknesses make you an easy target.  :dunno:

Feel better? Let it out Crapman. 😂 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, MDC said:

Feel better? Let it out Crapman. 😂 

You should call your Senator and complain.

Deep in my heart of hearts, I just know that John Fetterman will save us all. :wub:

You know, I've noticed that there has been a lot of froggie-style focking going on in the animal kingdom the past day or two. Turns out, Alex Jones was right. The water turned the frogs queer. 

Just now, phillybear said:

Deep in my heart of hearts, I just know that John Fetterman will save us all. :wub:

You know, I've noticed that there has been a lot of froggie-style focking going on in the animal kingdom the past day or two. Turns out, Alex Jones was right. The water turned the frogs queer. 

I don't see why you have to turn this thread into an insult the French thread.

Hopefully the folks in charge take strong action to protect the public, and also inform them.

1 minute ago, Sean Mooney said:

Craftsman/Reality/HT/Horseman

the Mount Rushmore of keyboard tough guys who are soft as they come. 

Sean is gettin upset! Serenity now! 

54 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

The Gang Solves The Water Crisis 

You know that's going to be an episode at some point.  Perfect!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Craftsman/Reality/HT/Horseman

the Mount Rushmore of keyboard tough guys who are soft as they come. 

Lol, what is this even referring to? Because I told MDC he should contact his senator? 

Fock off dipshlt.

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Sean is gettin upset! Serenity now! 

1 hour ago, Reality said:

Lol, what is this even referring to? Because I told MDC he should contact his senator? 

Fock off dipshlt.

Here come the Keyboard Warriors....you guys should make shirts

• Haha 1