Sign in to follow this  
The Real timschochet

Prices are dropping; inflation is going down

1 hour ago, RogerDodger said:

Yeah, too bad it was a major supply for most of Europe.  Fok them.

:doh:

That’s the gangster part, dummy. 

4 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I witnessed younger people this past weekend at a bar paying 15 dollars for some bullshit pre mixed margarita out of a machine and 11 dollars for some IPA and the same for a seltzer.  I was the only person with cash on the bar.  Every one of them were handing over credit cards.  This is gonna pop at some point.  Not everyone has a mommy or daddy to bail them out.  

The same folks that pay $35 to have Taco Bell delivered. Turn around and complain about not having the finances to afford to buy instead of rent.

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Reality said:

The same folks that pay $35 to have Taco Bell delivered. Turn around and complain about not having the finances to afford to buy instead of rent.

Pretty soon some of them will be the ones delivering the Taco Bell. 

6 hours ago, Reality said:

I know a few people like that. They tend to be Bernie Sanders/Elizabeth Warren fans. You can't fix stupid. 

14 hours ago, Reality said:

This was the kind of thing they covered in civics class back in the day.  Now the only way kids learn this is either from their parents, and dont get me started on the quality of parenting, or by trial and error.

So we now have a couple generations of kids who think the world is just evil and wrong because life is not falling into their lap.  And they are mad....when they should be pissed at their parents for failing them, in every possible way. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Reality said:

Yeah but if people stopped having Taco Bell delivered then you'd be out of a job.

A real Catch-22 for you. 

18 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I witnessed younger people this past weekend at a bar paying 15 dollars for some bullshit pre mixed margarita out of a machine and 11 dollars for some IPA and the same for a seltzer.  I was the only person with cash on the bar.  Every one of them were handing over credit cards.  This is gonna pop at some point.  Not everyone has a mommy or daddy to bail them out.  

I always have cash on me but rarely use it.  So much more convenient using my credit card and then using those points we build up to buy Christmas presents or pay for flights.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I always have cash on me but rarely use it.  So much more convenient using my credit card and then using those points we build up to buy Christmas presents or pay for flights.

Yep. Cards are def the best way to pay for stuff as long as you can have some discipline. 

39 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Yeah.  We are near or at a trillion in CC debt because everyone is paying off their nut each month. But thanks for the insight.  

Real wages in America under Joe Biden were down again in May.
Americans have seen their wages decrease by 2.7% under Joe Biden.
And real wages adjusted for inflation are down for the 26th straight month under Joe Biden – a new American record.
With May’s numbers, this is the 26th straight month of negative real earnings.
This stretch is twice as long as the Global Financial Crisis and represents 93% of Biden’s tenure.

ZeroHedge

During the Trump years I was very angry at my fellow liberals for celebrating when there were problems with the economy. (I also defended Trump based on my principle that no President should reasonably be either credited or blamed for economic activity that takes place during their term in office but only a few years later, but that’s a different argument.) 

I just don’t understand why people seem to root for bad things to happen in order to achieve a political outcome. 

1 minute ago, The Real timschochet said:

During the Trump years I was very angry at my fellow liberals for celebrating when there were problems with the economy. (I also defended Trump based on my principle that no President should reasonably be either credited or blamed for economic activity that takes place during their term in office but only a few years later, but that’s a different argument.) 

I just don’t understand why people seem to root for bad things to happen in order to achieve a political outcome. 

No one is rooting for bad things to happen.  We just need to put these "Celebratory" headlines into context. The big picture looks bad any way you slice it. 

Just now, Ultra Max Power said:

No one is rooting for bad things to happen.  We just need to put these "Celebratory" headlines into context. The big picture looks bad any way you slice it. 

I don’t think it looks nearly as bad as it did a year ago: and hopefully it will continue to improve. 

The key is getting Putin to back down. Hopefully that happens soon. 

3 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I don’t think it looks nearly as bad as it did a year ago: and hopefully it will continue to improve. 

The key is getting Putin to back down. Hopefully that happens soon. 

Putin has very little to do with US inflation. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Thanks Obama

Between this and blaming Biden for high gas prices, it just underscores how the MAGAmooks around here don't understand basic economics and supply and demand.

Can you imagine the damage if Biden get this student loan thing through? It would be a nasty hit, the Fed would have to jack up rates again to try to unfock it....

28 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Between this and blaming Biden for high gas prices, it just underscores how the MAGAmooks around here don't understand basic economics and supply and demand.

As of March 1, 2023, the Biden administration passed 513 regulations with 339 regulations still in the pipeline. A number of these regulations are the reason gas prices are so high. And yes, it is supply and demand.

58 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

As of March 1, 2023, the Biden administration passed 513 regulations with 339 regulations still in the pipeline. A number of these regulations are the reason gas prices are so high. And yes, it is supply and demand.

We need more Lithium mine fields and disposal sites. 

26 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Trump! 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Trump! 

Yup! It's either everything is great or it's all Trump's fault. They can't seem to decide. 

31 minutes ago, League Champion said:

This (especially full employment) was not true 3 years ago.

But it seems this meme originated in January, where it would have been more accurate although I don’t believe gas was $2.

Then Covid happened (which is what also made gas cheaper initially).

6 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

But it seems this meme originated in January, where it would have been more accurate although I don’t believe gas was $2.

Such a one trick pony!!!!

🤣

23 minutes ago, Strike said:

Such a one trick pony!!!!

🤣

Well it’s true that that’s “what happened,” in particular making gas cheaper and unemployment higher initially, and what ultimately started the inflation once everything opened back up (although Biden made it worse)

This is good news

Sliding costs of second-hand vehicles will help the Federal Reserve's fight to rein in consumer prices, and could see the headline inflation number for June come in below 3%, according to some analysts. That would be the first such reading since March 2021

On 7/4/2023 at 2:33 PM, TimHauck said:

The world was at peace part I like.

54 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

This is good news

Sliding costs of second-hand vehicles will help the Federal Reserve's fight to rein in consumer prices, and could see the headline inflation number for June come in below 3%, according to some analysts. That would be the first such reading since March 2021

This is good news, but I feel like it is more a representation of supply and demand returning closer to normal.  Sadly a lot of the stimulus money was spend with the auto industry and that jacked everything up.  

On 6/15/2023 at 5:28 AM, RLLD said:

This was the kind of thing they covered in civics class back in the day.  Now the only way kids learn this is either from their parents, and dont get me started on the quality of parenting, or by trial and error.

So we now have a couple generations of kids who think the world is just evil and wrong because life is not falling into their lap.  And they are mad....when they should be pissed at their parents for failing them, in every possible way. 

Lol. Like these entitled phone addicts with blue hair aren't already pissed at their parents. 

5 minutes ago, Ultra Max Power said:

This is good news, but I feel like it is more a representation of supply and demand returning closer to normal.  Sadly a lot of the stimulus money was spend with the auto industry and that jacked everything up.  

Supply and demand, people being flush with cash, limited inventory is a part of inflation, no? Part of this is allowing all the issues Covid created flush out. 

3 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

Supply and demand, people being flush with cash, limited inventory is a part of inflation, no? Part of this is allowing all the issues Covid created flush out. 

Covid did not create any of this, the US government created this problem.

1 minute ago, Baker Boy said:

Covid did not create any of this, the US government intentionally created this problem.

Let’s hear more.

7 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

Let’s hear more.

How did Covid cause this? It was government policies that got us to where we are today. Covid didn’t shut down our economy the government did.

3 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

How did Covid cause this? It was government policies that got us to where we are today. Covid didn’t shut down our economy the government did.

Oh. Using the term Covid loosely as in the pandemic and its impacts on the world economy. That is going to take time to unwind.

17 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Covid did not create any of this, the US government created this problem.

The worldwide pandemic of 2020 messed up a lot and we are still dealing with it.

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

The worldwide pandemic of 2020 messed up a lot and we are still dealing with it.

Yes, the world governments screwed this whole thing up. They let us all down.

20 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Yes, the world governments screwed this whole thing up. They let us all down.

That this may or may not be true doesn’t matter as it pertains to the situation we are in regarding inflation.

21 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

That this may or may not be true doesn’t matter as it pertains to the situation we are in regarding inflation.

Only that the ones who are trying to get us out of the problem are the ones who got us into it in the first place.  

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Ultra Max Power said:

Only that the ones who are trying to get us out of the problem are the ones who got us into it in the first place.  

Looks like you will get to decide if you want back the guy at the wheel when the shet hit the fan or the guy currently at the wheel.