Sign in to follow this  
The Real timschochet

Prices are dropping; inflation is going down

This is only referring to rent and where is this incredible news?

The intrigue: Falling rents, or at least rent that's not rising at a rapid clip, is undoubtedly good for renters who've been getting crushed over the past few years. But for the real estate sector, it's a growing problem.

• Property values on multifamily apartments are falling at the same time that interest rates are soaring and landlords' ability to push rents up even higher is weakening.
  • That's an issue for anyone who bought buildings in 2021, when rates were rock-bottom, using a floating rate mortgage, as the WSJ explains. The market's already seeing some foreclosures.

The bottom line: Rents are still pretty high, but the astronomical increases we've seen are likely going away.

I am put in mind of the story of the eternal optimist kid.  He comes down stairs on Christmas morning, sees a pile of horse apples under the tree and joyfully starts digging.  When asked why so happy he declares with all this horse poop here there just has to be a pony under here someplace. 

59 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

https://www.axios.com/2023/04/13/rent-inflation-highest-since-1981-but-signs-of-peak

Great news for the USA, terrible news for Republicans. What are you guys going to run on now? You think  transgender issues and CRT are going to win national elections? 

Could we wait a few weeks so they can <ahem> "revise" their numbers as they have done in almost every other instance where lies about economic performance are trotted out?

How bout that housing market :lol: 

2 hours ago, Engorgeous George said:

I am put in mind of the story of the eternal optimist kid.  He comes down stairs on Christmas morning, sees a pile of horse apples under the tree and joyfully starts digging.  When asked why so happy he declares with all this horse poop here there just has to be a pony under here someplace. 

Horse apples are a large green fruit, not poop. 

Their primary usage in my neighborhood were war weapons among the kids.

2 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

https://www.axios.com/2023/04/13/rent-inflation-highest-since-1981-but-signs-of-peak

Great news for the USA, terrible news for Republicans. What are you guys going to run on now? You think  transgender issues and CRT are going to win national elections? 

The RATE of rent increases is going down.  Meaning, they are still going up, just not as crazy high as before.  Congrats on your poopy pony I guess.  :dunno: 

• Thanks 2

Foking idiot doesn't even read the article, again. Guy just runs on headlines and doesn't even get that part right.  Rent inflation.  :lol:  :doh:

Most economists I've listened to say inflation is going to be pretty steady through the end of the year and into next before we see any significant decrease.  Feds are set to raise interests rates again next month.  Target rate of 2% is a long ways out folks.

1 minute ago, Horseman said:

Foking idiot doesn't even read the article, again. Guy just runs on headlines and doesn't even get that part right.  Rent inflation.  :lol:  :doh:

Most economists I've listened to say inflation is going to be pretty steady through the end of the year and into next before we see any significant decrease.  Feds are set to raise interests rates again next month.  Target rate of 2% is a long ways out folks.

It will take more time to wring the Biden cash infusion out of the system, but at least its under way. Oddly, the best way to know it is effective is to see unemployment increasing. TBH the Fed craves unemployment, maybe not directly, but that is a pointed measure of their effectiveness....if unemployment rises, they feel like they have control. 

Ha!

It’s like…

Govt:  “We cut spending!”

Accountant:  “You reduced the amount that you increased spending.”

1 hour ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Horse apples are a large green fruit, not poop. 

Their primary usage in my neighborhood were war weapons among the kids.

Common expression in Wisconsin in the 60's.  There were horse apples and cow pies which were reflective of the consistency of the two distinct items..  I guess it was a regional thing. Country boy here so I recognized deer scat, owl scat, pheasant poop, goose grease from duck slicks, muskrat shite from beaver.

15 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Libtards…

Under democrats items for up 100%….it’s Repubs fault. Then come down 5%…. Yay we’re the bestest 

Gas up $1.50, administrations have 0 impact. Drops a nickel off all time highs...

[/Joe Biden] I did that :pointstosky:[/Joe Biden]

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

It will take more time to wring the Biden cash infusion out of the system, but at least its under way. Oddly, the best way to know it is effective is to see unemployment increasing. TBH the Fed craves unemployment, maybe not directly, but that is a pointed measure of their effectiveness....if unemployment rises, they feel like they have control. 

Fact

2 hours ago, Horseman said:

Reading is too difficult for Tim...

2 hours ago, MLCKAA said:

Ha!

It’s like…

And the real economic story of the day is the fed is expecting the current bank crisis to lead to a recession.   I am sure Democrats will be excited about running on their economic recession.  

2 hours ago, MLCKAA said:

Ha!

It’s like…

Democrats play a game similar to this in my state every 2 years when they plan the new budget.

They'll come out & try to scare the low information voters by saying Republicans want to slash spending & lay off police, firefighters, teachers, etc.

When in fact, all they're doing is fighting to limit the % democrats want to 'increase' spending. 

Unfortunately, due to an increasing number of low information people, it works. 

1 hour ago, jonmx said:

And the real economic story of the day is the fed is expecting the current bank crisis to lead to a recession.   I am sure Democrats will be excited about running on their economic recession.  

It will be Trump's recession...  They will say that what they did would have fixed it, but the Biden policies hadn't had time to fully remove Trump's errors...

I can't believe there are people who look around and think: "Yup, I like the way the economy is headed".

Wait until BRICS is fully formed, and see what happens to inflation.

4 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

I can't believe there are people who look around and think: "Yup, I like the way the economy is headed".

Wait until BRICS is fully formed, and see what happens to inflation.

If BRICS keeps moving towards the Yuan as currency and the dollar devalues, inflation could get bloody.

5 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

If BRICS keeps moving towards the Yuan as currency and the dollar devalues, inflation could get bloody.

Correct. But I have to tell you it is in fact already happening. I am seeing it happen in markets across the board where I speculate. They are all moving to unseat the dollar...its going to be ugly.  Biden could have prevented this, the focking buffoon. 

Hey realtesticle...how about the loans on all the empty office space in NY, CA, etc etc.  Millions of square ft sitting empty...that is gonna hurt when all those companys default on the loans or leases....

Maybe they can make tenements out of em.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Correct. But I have to tell you it is in fact already happening. I am seeing it happen in markets across the board where I speculate. They are all moving to unseat the dollar...its going to be ugly.  Biden could have prevented this, the focking buffoon. 

Biden doesnt know what day it is.  His Obama handlers are to blame

2 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Hey realtesticle...how about the loans on all the empty office space in NY, CA, etc etc.  Millions of square ft sitting empty...that is gonna hurt when all those companys default on the loans or leases....

Maybe they can make tenements out of em.

It’s a serious problem. It’s not a Democratic problem (nor a Republican one.) 

3 hours ago, RLLD said:

That's why I said "keeps moving."  This is serious -- we've always speculated on a hypothetical of the dollar losing its status as the global trade currency, but now it is indeed moving in that direction through specific actions.  No bueno.  :( 

FOUR MORE YEARS!

Also, while I generally approve of Biden’s economic policies, I don’t give him credit for this or any other good economic news. Pretty much any good or bad thing that occurs economically during Biden’s first term has its roots in the Trump administration. 

• Haha 1

Take this as a win for people, for as long as it lasts.  If we can find a way to unwind the money poured into the economy that is a big win, and I give credit to Biden for relenting on the policies that created the problem as this only helps.  

So, this 5% is year over year? Yeah, I'll hold off on the celebration. People are getting crushed by consumer prices.

1 hour ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

libtards celebrate when something goes from 3$ to 6$ then down to 5.50

Yeah, it's like they don't understand that the inflation number is simply a comparison to the number from a year ago. 

22 minutes ago, Strike said:
1 hour ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

libtards celebrate when something goes from 3$ to 6$ then down to 5.50

Yeah, it's like they don't understand that the inflation number i

Going up is bad, going down is good.