GutterBoy

Cancel Target

24 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

But if we import more squat monsters from Guatemala and they get low paying jobs, the only ones they can get, then the left can claim women make less than men on average.  

Illegal Immigrants only want to come to a place with less corruption, where they can work and safely make money.

They are going to consume lower=paying jobs everywhere, and in the process they are going to just devastate the AA community.  

Democrats....never change....

18 hours ago, crackattack said:

Absolutely not. How about teaching our children "love thy neighbor"? Or "sticks and stones"? But no, cancel first if it hurts people's feelings. People will only tolerate so much. How about this? Where were liberals saying "we're taking it to far", or elected liberal politicians saying things like "this will only create a divide between us"? It didn't happen. Which means it's ok. Don't be shocked when it gets turned around. People have had enough of some of this woke/cancel culture nonsense. 

See what you are making the mistake of doing is thinking (or at least posting like) that in order to resist that crap you have to act like an ass like they do.   That's the problem I am seeing and the race to the bottom I am talking about.   Absolutely educate people, run for office to get rules and laws changed, go to school boards and talk to teachers.  All of that is perfectly reasonable behavior and doesn't require the right to roll over and take the woke crap.   The problem is, along with that, you have the stupid name calling/destroying property/going after people's jobs/lumping huge groups of people together  - that's all the I am talking about that a decade ago I heard the right complaining about, and now they are acting exactly like what they hated.   

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

See what you are making the mistake of doing is thinking (or at least posting like) that in order to resist that crap you have to act like an ass like they do.   That's the problem I am seeing and the race to the bottom I am talking about.   Absolutely educate people, run for office to get rules and laws changed, go to school boards and talk to teachers.  All of that is perfectly reasonable behavior and doesn't require the right to roll over and take the woke crap.   The problem is, along with that, you have the stupid name calling/destroying property/going after people's jobs/lumping huge groups of people together  - that's all the I am talking about that a decade ago I heard the right complaining about, and now they are acting exactly like what they hated.   

1) Name calling and character assasination have been shown as an effective tool, but Democrats

2) Demanding that conservatives just keep taking it, all the while Democrats keep using it.....effectively....is not a sustainable model, so of course they are doing it back

Not saying it is right, I prefer people not be labelled or cancelled.  But the left has established a new normal.  So rather than argue the points, just do it back.

It would be nice if the left would stop as I am confident that those doing itback would also stop. 

21 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

I understand what you're saying. I really do. But look, if you see a guy walking around clubbing 1,000 people, then on 1,001 the guy takes his club away and uses it on him. Don't turn around and say "they should be above using that club" or "well, now we're in a race to the bottom because the tables have turned". Liberals have destroyed individuals in the name of woke and we never ever heard Liberals say this is out of hand. This is the new normal, not the bottom, all because of woke dumb shitt.

Eta. I wish it was different too. But here we are. I miss the day people could disagree, shake hands, and move on.

3 minutes ago, RLLD said:

1) Name calling and character assasination have been shown as an effective tool, but Democrats

2) Demanding that conservatives just keep taking it, all the while Democrats keep using it.....effectively....is not a sustainable model, so of course they are doing it back

Not saying it is right, I prefer people not be labelled or cancelled.  But the left has established a new normal.  So rather than argue the points, just do it back.

It would be nice if the left would stop as I am confident that those doing itback would also stop. 

I guess I put more responsibility on people's individual choices than you do.   Sorry, people can choose to not act like tools.  

1 minute ago, BuckSwope said:

I guess I put more responsibility on people's individual choices than you do.   Sorry, people can choose to not act like tools.  

Perhaps you do, though I doubt it. 

I do not condone returning the behavior of Democrats back on to them, I prefer it not happen.  But I do understand why.  It is not an unusual compulsion to return the behaviors of the bully back on to them.

It would be nice if liberals would just stop pretending "others" are evil.

Just now, crackattack said:

I understand what you're saying. I really do. But look, if you see a guy walking around clubbing 1,000 people, then on 1,001 the guy takes his club away and uses it on him. Don't turn around and say "they should be above using that club" or "well, now we're in a race to the bottom because the tables have turned". Liberals have destroyed individuals in the name of woke and we never ever heard Liberals say this is out of hand. This is the new normal, not the bottom, all because of woke dumb shitt.

Yeah, I'm sure.   🙄

Whatever you have to say to convince yourself like RLLD seems to have that the right doesn't have a choice or responsibility for how they responded to such things.   

6 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

People can also choose to not act violently towards someone who is trying to physically hurt them or their family but fock that too. What else you got mr.turn the other cheek while you are being dressed down and lied about by others and by the media?

No one here cares if you stand up for yourself or not.

2 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

Yeah, I'm sure.   🙄

Whatever you have to say to convince yourself like RLLD seems to have that the right doesn't have a choice or responsibility for how they responded to such things.   

Of course they have a choice and responsibility for how they respond. Just don't be shocked if they respond in the same behavior. People will only take so much before they fight back. It's human nature. :dunno:

This is just getting started.  A new power has emerged.  

Of course they have a choice and responsibility for how they respond. Just don't be shocked if they respond in the same behavior. People will only take so much before they fight back. It's human nature. :dunno:

Yes sums it up.  It is wild this is so tough for some to grasp.  

1 minute ago, crackattack said:

I'm not shocked at all.  But can we at least admit that it's hypocritical if you spent years complaining about being called racist, having your jobs attacked, or how wrong it is to threaten/do violence or destroy property to then act in kind a few years later?    

Again, "fighting back" doesn't mean you have to act 100% the same way.   

IMO the right largely has it correct on the trans issue, but they also have gone bananas about it so it will turn away a lot of people in the middle that could be allies on this front.  

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

This is just getting started.  A new power has emerged.  

Blood will be spilled!!! 

Just now, BuckSwope said:

I'm not shocked at all.  But can we at least admit that it's hypocritical if you spent years complaining about being called racist, having your jobs attacked, or how wrong it is to threaten/do violence or destroy property to then act in kind a few years later?    

IMO the right largely has it correct on the trans issue, but they also have gone bananas about it so it will turn away a lot of people in the middle that could be allies on this front.  

Until you have videos of people on the right ACTUALLY causing violence all your talk is bullsh1t virtue signaling. Cause people on the right actually have stuff to lose. Jobs, family, money, etc. that’s why they don’t get violent all the time. That and self control. But you leftists are pushing us to that point. It’s not “hypocritical” it’s what happens when you finally push ppl too far. Me and others have been pushed to where if we EVER see you leftists holding up traffic, harassing ppl, attacking ppl, pushing it on kids, etc we WILL go beat you to within an inch of your life. Enough is enough. I’d ppl were acting blatantly racist to black ppl and attacking them I’d be the same way. Justice swings both ways 

22 minutes ago, crackattack said:

I wish it was different too. But here we are. I miss the day people could disagree, shake hands, and move on.

I still model that behavior.  I refuse to become a person that I hate.  Hopefully more people follow my philosophy than yours.

• Haha 5

13 minutes ago, crackattack said:

I don't think anyone is shocked that these people are acting like terrible people, we just wish they wouldn't.

15 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

All of your assertions are spot on.

But, the allowance for those on the left to behave that way, and the adult response from those on the right never worked....it failed...and the allowance only emboldened leftists.....people are just fed up. I wish it were not true, but here we are.

2 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

Of course it's hypocritical, but I think they saw how effective it was. The Trans stuff is a little different. But yes, I think they could dial it back a tad. Not much though imo.

16 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

I still model that behavior.  I refuse to become a person that I hate.  Hopefully more people follow my philosophy than yours.

Good stuff 🤣. You know nothing about me. Just because I understand why there is pushback doesn't mean I partake in boycotts or other tit-for-tat. 

4 minutes ago, RLLD said:

All of your assertions are spot on.

But, the allowance for those on the left to behave that way, and the adult response from those on the right never worked....it failed...and the allowance only emboldened leftists.....people are just fed up. I wish it were not true, but here we are.

May I ask when this occurred on the topic at hand?   Seems like the trans stuff has really been front and center only a few years, and to me it feels like largely it was both at the same time - legislation/school board meetings along with the toxic we are talking about. 

Or are you more saying that the right was sick of being pushed on the miriad of other things, but the trans stuff is clear enough and way too much that the reaction has been elevated because it?  That I can see.   Just saying I haven't seen much of an "adult response" as you put it on the issue of trans specifically.  

2 minutes ago, crackattack said:

Good stuff 🤣. You know nothing about me. Just because I understand why there is pushback doesn't mean I partake in boycotts or other tit-for-tat. 

For me, no company is difficult to stop buying from.  

5 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

May I ask when this occurred on the topic at hand?   Seems like the trans stuff has really been front and center only a few years, and to me it feels like largely it was both at the same time - legislation/school board meetings along with the toxic we are talking about. 

Or are you more saying that the right was sick of being pushed on the miriad of other things, but the trans stuff is clear enough and way too much that the reaction has been elevated because it?  That I can see.   Just saying I haven't seen much of an "adult response" as you put it on the issue of trans specifically.  

Trans activism was the last straw.

Leftists demand and demand, and if you fail to give in to their little toddler needs, they lash out.  And they did.  

I might point to the rioting a few summers back as the initial point where good people paused, and said to themselves....what the fock?

Then COVID exposed the inapprorpriate things going on in schools.  Parents went on alert, dug into it, uncovered more.  And when they objected their pleas went without response, or they were labelled as "domestic terrorists".

You can fock with alot of people, notably white men take a lot.....but when you fock with kids that changes the paradigm.......do not mess with mama bears in particular.

49 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Perhaps you do, though I doubt it. 

I do not condone returning the behavior of Democrats back on to them, I prefer it not happen.  But I do understand why.  It is not an unusual compulsion to return the behaviors of the bully back on to them.

It would be nice if liberals would just stop pretending "others" are evil.

I'm old enough to remember Rush Limbaugh demonizing everything and everyone that had the audacity to be liberal, including spewing lies and hate and calling people names. Does the term Feminazi ring a bell? This was going on over 30 years ago, and continues unchecked, likely worse than it used to be. Liberals started pushing back because you were dumb enough to elect Trump. Yes, it has gone way too far all the way around. But let's not do the revisionist history here.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Fnord said:

I'm old enough to remember Rush Limbaugh demonizing everything and everyone that had the audacity to be liberal, including spewing lies and hate and calling people names. Does the term Feminazi ring a bell? This was going on over 30 years ago, and continues unchecked, likely worse than it used to be. Liberals started pushing back because you were dumb enough to elect Trump. Yes, it has gone way too far all the way around. But let's not do the revisionist history here.

I recall that as well, which is why I did not listen to him, nor do I listen to the racist Joy Reid, for much the same reason.

Now, back to the pretending that conservatives are evil...... time to end that ploy, each of us should write our Democrat representatives and end that.

Wait.....were you suggesting that media is an extension of the government?:huh:

8 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Trans activism was the last straw.

Leftists demand and demand, and if you fail to give in to their little toddler needs, they lash out.  And they did.  

I might point to the rioting a few summers back as the initial point where good people paused, and said to themselves....what the fock?

Then COVID exposed the inapprorpriate things going on in schools.  Parents went on alert, dug into it, uncovered more.  And when they objected their pleas went without response, or they were labelled as "domestic terrorists".

You can fock with alot of people, notably white men take a lot.....but when you fock with kids that changes the paradigm.......do not mess with mama bears in particular.

I get what you are saying, and it's where I am most against that side of the aisle - the woke and trans stuff.    

I think you and others around here downplay the media and key people's involvement.  It's not as organic as you frame it here, but it has to be addressed.   

I’m good with all the boycotts so far. Keep ‘em coming.  It’s so easy.  

1 hour ago, Fnord said:

Rush Limbaugh made the world a better place...

when he died.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

The lords chicken :lol:

It does taste pretty damn good no matter what you call it. :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

It does taste pretty damn good no matter what you call it. :thumbsup:

Chick Fil A is great, and they have hands down the best service of any fast food chain.

39 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Chick Fil A is great, and they have hands down the best service of any fast food chain.

And clean is good too. Haven't been there in a while though. :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, GutterBoy said:

Totally agree.  Every employee I've encountered at various Chick Fil A locations has been incredibly nice and helpful.  It's a stark contrast to the usual surly fockers working at other places. 

I wonder how they accomplish this?  Do they have a zero tolerance policy for sh1tty attitudes and weed out the slackers immediately?

Just now, DonS said:

Totally agree.  Every employee I've encountered at various Chick Fil A locations has been incredibly nice and helpful.  It's a stark contrast to the usual surly fockers working at other places. 

I wonder how they accomplish this?  Do they have a zero tolerance policy for sh1tty attitudes and weed out the slackers immediately?

Maybe they pay more money than the other chains?

1 minute ago, DonS said:

Freddy's and In-N-Out are also very good.  One thing that I've noticed different in those places is a significant different demographic in their employees.  And I know that In-N-Out has always had one of the lowest employee turnover rates in fast food because they pay better. 

13 minutes ago, Strike said:

Freddy's and In-N-Out are also very good.  One thing that I've noticed different in those places is a significant different demographic in their employees.  And I know that In-N-Out has always had one of the lowest employee turnover rates in fast food because they pay better. 

Was waiting for the first person to say they are better cause they are white.

28 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Maybe they pay more money than the other chains?

I'd be surprised if it is strictly pay and/or benefits as GenZ *expects* this to be the case wherever they work.

12 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Was waiting for the first person to say they are better cause they are white.

This might be valid if I'd said what you're suggesting, but I didn't.  ROFLMAO.

I give Culver's props as well.   Seem to always e prompt, fresh food as well.  Could just be my location, but they do a really good job there.

3 minutes ago, DonS said:

I doubt it is strictly pay and/or benefits as GenZ *expects* this to be the case wherever they work.

Good answers here.  Pay is a factor, but there are many others like culture, training, and selective hiring.

13 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Good answers here.  Pay is a factor, but there are many others like culture, training, and selective hiring.

Excellent points about adequate staffing, and simply not hiring negative mofos in the first place.  :thumbsup: