Sign in to follow this  
joneo

*** Official*** Biden Impeachment Thread

McCarthy calls for formal impeachment inquiry into Biden

I do enjoy the spin that liberal media affords the Democrat President, "even as they have yet to prove allegations he directly profited off his son’s foreign business deals".   What happened to protecting us from the powerful?  Why are they so eager to protect THIS President when they were so happy to impugn a prior President?  🤔

Clearly, they are still entrenched to protect the powerful with no regard for the well-being of Americans.  Shame......

My question now is, just how the DOJ will move to protect Biden from the corruption of his family being exposed.....

3 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I do enjoy the spin that liberal media affords the Democrat President, "even as they have yet to prove allegations he directly profited off his son’s foreign business deals".   What happened to protecting us from the powerful?  Why are they so eager to protect THIS President when they were so happy to impugn a prior President?  🤔

Clearly, they are still entrenched to protect the powerful with no regard for the well-being of Americans.  Shame......

My question now is, just how the DOJ will move to protect Biden from the corruption of his family being exposed.....

Just the bump Joe needs for his re-election bid.  Thanks McCarthy! 

Just now, Mike Honcho said:

This could be true. It would be interesting to see if you are correct. 

12 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I would say the D's have used up biden's usefulness to them. He's a complete liability now, from being a criminal to being a brainless POS. Time for them to throw him under the bus.

Hell, they may even vote to impeach and get him & kumswalla out by saying she knew all about it. They are scheming their new angle right now.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lod001 said:

I would say the D's have used up biden's usefulness to them. He's a complete liability now, from being a criminal to being a brainless POS. Time for them to throw him under the bus.

Hell, they may even vote to impeach and get him & kumswalla out by saying she knew all about it. They are scheming their new angle right now.

I think they are entertaining it.  But nobody, not even the Democrat leadership.....wants Harris in the WH.....I mean, I think everyone now understands how ruinous that would be. She would double down on these horrible polciies.....AND she would also be ruious for their grasp on power.

The Democrats are FAR more concerned with power than outcomes to people, and THAT will be where they draw a line in the sand.  For them the problem is tricky....how can they virtue signal about "representation" :rolleyes:   all day, and after touting everything about her EXCEPT her lack of accumen.... and then not place her in power?  I don't think Democrats understood just how incapable she was....

44 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Negative :lol: Even majority of his own party wants him gone. He’s got zero chance for reelection unless they cheat again 

When Bill Clinton was impeached, there was direct evidence that he lied under oath. 

When Donald Trump was impeached the first time, there was direct evidence that he threatened to withhold arms promised by Congress to Ukraine unless political favors were performed first. 

When Donald Trump was impeached the second time there was direct evidence that he failed to do his duty as President when the Capitol was attacked with the intent of preventing the peaceful transfer of power. 

If Joe Biden is impeached it will be based on suspicion of a crime that occurred years before, without any direct evidence. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

When Bill Clinton was impeached, there was direct evidence that he lied under oath. 

When Donald Trump was impeached the first time, there was direct evidence that he threatened to withhold arms promised by Congress to Ukraine unless political favors were performed first. 

When Donald Trump was impeached the second time there was direct evidence that he failed to do his duty as President when the Capitol was attacked with the intent of preventing the peaceful transfer of power. 

If Joe Biden is impeached it will be based on suspicion of a crime that occurred years before, without any direct evidence. 

Disagree on Clinton, it was complete and utter BS what they did in that situation.....

Disagree on the nonsense about witholding arms, unless we are now going to impeach Biden for withholding funds from Ukraine. YES, you can compare....the only distinction being that if Biden were instead doing it to investigate say the corruption of Pence....it would be OK, since withholding of stuff to unravel political corruption is PRECISELY what the President should do.....

The last one is completely farcical, easily disproven by the refusal of leaders to allow him to employ the national guard and such.

I know you want those Trump impeachments to be true, but they were not.  We do not yet know what can be proven with regard to Biden, but we already know the defense, and he will throw his entire family under the bus rather than admit to what he has done.

It is likely true that part of the reason this is happening at all is the abuses of power toward Trump.  I mostly hold Pelosi accountable for the ongoing harm to our nation through all this.  She was so intent to ruin Trump she sacraficed basic sense and decency.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Despite the daunting headlines, the more I read about this, the more I think there’s not much to this. McCarthy avoided forcing Republicans to vote on impeachment. He’s putting Comer and Jordan in charge of the investigation but so what? They already were. It’s an inquiry. They may never come up with anything more. They may never vote on impeachment. In the meantime he can MAYBE avoid a government shutdown. 

3 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Despite the daunting headlines, the more I read about this, the more I think there’s not much to this. McCarthy avoided forcing Republicans to vote on impeachment. He’s putting Comer and Jordan in charge of the investigation but so what? They already were. It’s an inquiry. They may never come up with anything more. They may never vote on impeachment. In the meantime he can MAYBE avoid a government shutdown. 

Can’t be worse that putting pencil neck Schiff over Russia! investigation 

5 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

He is following the process.  What they are doing is what should have been done toward Trump. The way the Democrats executed on Trump was clumsy and poorly done, it ignored the established way to go about it.....their desperation led them to ignore the right way. 

This is actually good. And I am further gratified that there are those within his camp who are resistant as well, this is also very good.  This shows us that the abuses under Democrats are not being replicated here. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tree of Knowledge said:

Can’t be worse that putting pencil neck Schiff over Russia! investigation 

Well the problem there was that Trump continually obstructed justice which is why he should have impeached for that too. 

Just now, The Real timschochet said:

Well the problem there was that Trump continually obstructed justice which is why he should have impeached for that too. 

The Mueller Report found “no collusion and no obstruction”

Bug-eyed Schiff was censured for his role in spreading the Russia! lies. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Stop lying 

41 minutes ago, Tree of Knowledge said:

The Mueller Report found “no collusion and no obstruction”

Bug-eyed Schiff was censured for his role in spreading the Russia! lies. 

No obstruction? Guess you didn’t read it: 

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/obstruction-of-justice-10-times-trump-may-have-obstructed-justice-mueller-report/

The censure of Schiff was highly political and extremely shameful. It will no doubt help him in the upcoming Senate race though I personally would prefer Katie Porter- she is terrific. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

Thinks corruption is funny.  

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

Seems like an impeachable offense 

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/09/08/business/appeals-court-first-amendment-social-media.html

Appeals Court Rules White House Overstepped 1st Amendment on Social Media

A Fifth Circuit panel partly upheld restrictions on the Biden administration’s communications with online platforms about their content.

36 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

No obstruction? Guess you didn’t read it: 

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/obstruction-of-justice-10-times-trump-may-have-obstructed-justice-mueller-report/

The censure of Schiff was highly political and extremely shameful. It will no doubt help him in the upcoming Senate race though I personally would prefer Katie Porter- she is terrific. 

I found all of the "possible obstruction" attempts to be mostly entertaining, they sought to apply intent where it was just not appropriate. But hey, its Trump....so do whatever....thats all fine....until they start doing this same nonsense to YOU.....

I found all of the "possible obstruction" attempts to be mostly entertaining, they sought to apply intent where it was just not appropriate. But hey, its Trump....so do whatever....thats all fine....until they start doing this same nonsense to YOU.....

2020, mostly peaceful. 

Let the subpoenas begin this should be wildly entertaining. After the conviction of Peter Navarro, any unanswered subpoenas issued by a Republican Congress must be dealt with in exactly the same way and with all the evidence mounting against the Biden family and a DoJ coverup, there will be lots of subpoenas.

1 minute ago, Dizkneelande said:

Let the subpoenas begin this should be wildly entertaining. After the conviction of Peter Navarro, any unanswered subpoenas issued by a Republican Congress must be dealt with in exactly the same way and with all the evidence mounting against the Biden family and a DoJ coverup, there will be lots of subpoenas.

Not the same because one is TRUMP!!! :cry:

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Dizkneelande said:

We should be a little more reserved here. 

Look at how McCarthy delivered the announcement, it was sober and understated.....which is exactly how it should be. This impeachment action should be used with the same care as a dangerous weapon, with care and caution..... I much prefer this approach.  It could very well be true that the investigation concludes there is nothing there, perhaps some bad choices on the part of Biden....but no actual crime.....and that is fine....

Right now everything we see around Joe Biden is more or less the same setup the mob had, so it is very suspicious.....but lets wait with patience as this process proceeds, methodically and carefully.....the exact opposite of what the Democrats did.....

Who said he’s getting impeached ? It’s just an investigation.  What’s the problem? If he’s innocents there’s nothing to worry about.  

We should be a little more reserved here. 

Look at how McCarthy delivered the announcement, it was sober and understated.....which is exactly how it should be. This impeachment action should be used with the same care as a dangerous weapon, with care and caution..... I much prefer this approach.  It could very well be true that the investigation concludes there is nothing there, perhaps some bad choices on the part of Biden....but no actual crime.....and that is fine....

Right now everything we see around Joe Biden is more or less the same setup the mob had, so it is very suspicious.....but lets wait with patience as this process proceeds, methodically and carefully.....the exact opposite of what the Democrats did.....

You seem to believe the unequal distribution of justice stops with Donald Trump. It will not stop until the communists have full total control or, they start receiving the same treatment.  We tried the higher ground crap with Bush, McCain and Romney and look at what the Democrats and the corrupted leftist media did to those guys. Not a single mainstream or legacy media editorial endorsed Reagan’s second term and he won 49 states. I want them to go scorched earth but at the end of the day they will probably just write a strongly worded letter and it will end there. 

2 minutes ago, Dizkneelande said:

You seem to believe the unequal distribution of justice stops with Donald Trump. It will not stop until the communists have full total control or, they start receiving the same treatment.  We tried the higher ground crap with Bush, McCain and Romney and look at what the Democrats and the corrupted leftist media did to those guys. Not a single mainstream or legacy media editorial endorsed Reagan’s second term and he won 49 states. I want them to go scorched earth but at the end of the day they will probably just write a strongly worded letter and it will end there. 

I understand your point of view here, and I do not mean to dismiss your anger or angst, you certainly are justified.....

We are all faced, ever day, with deciding between what is right and what is easy. It might feel good to return the abuse back on to the bully, but you run the risk of losing yourself in the process. You risk allowing yourself to become the thing you hate and oppose.....

Staying the right and true path is never going to be easy.  But holding yourself accountable to that higher standard is still important. Do not allow yourself the luxury of becoming some other version of the modern liberal.  Be better.....

Newsflash: Mitch McConnell and Biden are friends. Even if there are smoking guns it will  die in the Senate. Like we all don’t know Biden is corrupt and a congenital liar. He’s just so bad at it. 

“A vote to impeach will further fan the flames of partisan division.”

Kevin McCarthy on the impeachment of Trump. Clown.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Newsflash: Mitch McConnell and Biden are friends. Even if there are smoking guns it will  die in the Senate. Like we all don’t know Biden is corrupt and a congenital liar. He’s just so bad at it. 

😂 Mitch isn’t going to cover for Biden.

Say it goes somewhere, House does their thing. Senate Dems likely won’t vote for this so it doesn’t matter what Republicans in the Senate want. Mitch will just toe the line like all of them do.

16 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

😂 Mitch isn’t going to cover for Biden.

Say it goes somewhere, House does their thing. Senate Dems likely won’t vote for this so it doesn’t matter what Republicans in the Senate want. Mitch will just toe the line like all of them do.

He won’t even  vote for it, smoking gun and all. As if there aren’t any already.  

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

He won’t even  it’s for it, smoking gun and all. As if there aren’t any already.  

Say what? I read this three times and still have no idea what you're saying.

50 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Who said he’s getting impeached ? It’s just an investigation.  What’s the problem? If he’s innocents there’s nothing to worry about.  

also, even if Biden is impeached, it doesnt mean removal from office.  

both bill clinton and donald trump saw their highest approval ratings during their impeachment news cycles. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/meetthepressblog/trump-clinton-saw-higher-approval-ratings-impeachments-rcna96689

Former President Donald Trump never had a higher approval rating than he did in Feb. 2020 — at 47% — just days removed from the U.S. Senate acquitting him in first impeachment trial, according to NBC News’ polling.

Likewise, Bill Clinton’s highest approval rating came in Dec. 1998 — 73% — when the Republican-controlled House of Representatives was considering articles of impeachment against him, according to the Gallup poll’s historical data of Clinton’s presidency. 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Thinks corruption is funny.  

Following the MAGAmook playbook is all. "I wasn't going to vote for him but those damn dems keep charging him with crimes so I have no choice!"

Thinks corruption only happens on one side.

• Like 1

Ever notice that nobody wants to impersonate a good Biden other than falling. Reminesant of

18 minutes ago, Fnord said:

Following the MAGAmook playbook is all. "I wasn't going to vote for him but those damn dems keep charging him with crimes so I have no choice!"

No I don’t. It seems you do though. You only want Trump charged. I want em all charged, not just the guy that hurt your feelers. 

23 minutes ago, Fnord said:

What's a MAGAmook? You sound like a 5 year old.

And why can't you talk about your master biden in a biden thread? Afraid? All liberals are pvssies.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

No I don’t. It seems you do though. You only want Trump charged. I want em all charged, not just the guy that hurt your feelers. 

You really suck at guessing what other people are thinking. I don't have a problem with this inquiry, even though I think it will go nowhere. If it turns out Biden did what you all are convinced of, then remove him. Presidents aren't supposed to be above the law.

• Sad 1