LaChup

UPDATE: Jonathan Taylor: Asking For A Trade - New Contract Extension!

Do the Colts go and grab Fournette or (better option) Kareem Hunt? I listened to one of the XM drafts from last night and some "expert" took Hunt in the 12th round...4 rounds ahead of Hull and Moss. Does he know something we don't?

Reports this morning indicate Green Bay was trying to trade for Taylor yesterday. 

12 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

Reports this morning indicate Green Bay was trying to trade for Taylor yesterday. 

surprising.   

I thought Green bay was fine at RB.   I guess they dont feel the same.

I was between keeping Taylor and Metcalf in my deep keeper league, Taylor should have been the easy keep, but here we are... buh bye Jonathan, you served me well but you aren't worth the cap space. :thumbsup: 

4 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I was between keeping Taylor and Metcalf in my deep keeper league, Taylor should have been the easy keep, but here we are... buh bye Jonathan, you served me well but you aren't worth the cap space. :thumbsup: 

yeah, hes not a good buy right now.   The situation is bad and could still get worse.

certainly not worth a keeper unless you keep 5 or more.  even then, its a bit dicey.

Where does he see value? What round? Kamara esque, or a complete DND? 

13 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

yeah, hes not a good buy right now.   The situation is bad and could still get worse.

certainly not worth a keeper unless you keep 5 or more.  even then, its a bit dicey.

Without going into the details of our cap, I'm keeping Ekeler, Kupp, Mixon, and Metcalf.  The cap won't allow me to keep Taylor as well so I need to choose.  For each keep we lose a round pick so I won't pick until the 5th.  Unless... I keep Mattison and his lower cap hit, which I'm inclined to do.  It's 1/2 PPR, 12 teams, start 2 RB/2 WR/1 TE/2 Flex.  Mid 5th is around where he is going, but with so many RB/WR starters it pays to load up on them.  A little help$#@!  :D 

11 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Without going into the details of our cap, I'm keeping Ekeler, Kupp, Mixon, and Metcalf.  The cap won't allow me to keep Taylor as well so I need to choose.  For each keep we lose a round pick so I won't pick until the 5th.  Unless... I keep Mattison and his lower cap hit, which I'm inclined to do.  It's 1/2 PPR, 12 teams, start 2 RB/2 WR/1 TE/2 Flex.  Mid 5th is around where he is going, but with so many RB/WR starters it pays to load up on them.  A little help$#@!  :D 

at this point Mattison is an under rated option. 

Ekeler and Kupp are great.   Mixon and Metcalf are good.    I think you are keeping the right guy.   Mattison is a nice option too.  I agree you should bail on Taylor unless he magically gets traded before your  keeper deadline is due.   Even then, his value may depend on where he lands too.   

If you want him  back I think you will be able to draft him.   Not sure I'd recommend that unless he falls a ways but stranger things have happened.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Without going into the details of our cap, I'm keeping Ekeler, Kupp, Mixon, and Metcalf. 

There's a tiny chance Mixon could get suspended some this season, though more likely next season given how slow the NFL investigations are.

Either way, Mixon's career is trending downward. Being the starting Rb for the high scoring Bengals should be enough to keep him around Rb 15+-.  But in a keeper league I'd consider letting him go. Though it also depends on cap details, who's getting dropped, draft picks, etc.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

There's a tiny chance Mixon could get suspended some this season, though more likely next season given how slow the NFL investigations are.

Either way, Mixon's career is trending downward. Being the starting Rb for the high scoring Bengals should be enough to keep him around Rb 15+-.  But in a keeper league I'd consider letting him go. Though it also depends on cap details, who's getting dropped, draft picks, etc.

yeah, off the field Mixon is definitely a train Wreck.   very possible something happens in terms of suspension this year or next.

the downward numbers I was expecting.  his team had O line issues/injuries  last year.   I knew this would affect his numbers.   whether this continues to some degree will depend on the line situation.

Guy in my 12 man had the 1st pick of the draft. He took Justin Jefferson like he should but in the 2nd round he took JT as his #1 RB & didn’t pick another until round 5 :lol: he’s royally screwed and RB that’ll replace JT will be picked up off the waiver before he can get them 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, rallo said:

Where does he see value? What round? Kamara esque, or a complete DND? 

I think if he wants out and the Colts refuse to trade him he has to play a certain number of games for the final year of his contract to be considered fulfilled.  I forget what number that would be (6 I think because the 4 weeks he's on the PUP count as he actually reported to camp)

So I'd count on at least 6 games from the guy.   after that, its a crapshoot.

so Kamara esque is likely in the ballpark.  Though I think there is a chance he plays less games than Kamara.

If he plays less than that he still owes the team a year and wont be a free agent and wont be eligible for the franchise tag (if that matters)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ray_T said:

surprising.   

I thought Green bay was fine at RB.   I guess they dont feel the same.

According to the article I read, Packers were going to trade Jones or Dillon back to the Colts.

Almost certainly would've been Jones. Wonder how he feels about the Packers today. They're probably telling him "no, we were gonna trade Dillon, we still love you."  :)

• Haha 1

But it didn’t happen, so it really doesn’t matter.  

I think the big winner here is going to be Hull. He can block and catch passes which is going to keep him on the field as a safety outlet. 

30 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

I think the big winner here is going to be Hull. He can block and catch passes which is going to keep him on the field as a safety outlet. 

Agreed, but drafters shouldn't expect immediate success. It'll likely start out with Jackson and Moss and Hull, getting various amounts of touches. But Hull's talent should eventually win out. Might take a few weeks. Have patience.

Beware of the Colts picking up Hunt.  He was there r for a visit not long ago. 

23 hours ago, Ray_T said:

You have to question JT going forward entirely.  Who knew he’d be such a DB.  He’s faking injury right now— the surgery he had offseason is a 4-6 week recovery.  Or he’s damaged if the injury is genuine.  Or he didn’t rehab as he should have.  Or he has a non-football injury that he won’t disclose.

In the event of any of those, he’s a turd.  And NFL owners/GMs are normally more than happy to steer clear of guys like that.

Odds are he suits up for Indy week 5 and plays out the season with or without an extension.

2 minutes ago, MLCKAA said:

You have to question JT going forward entirely.  Who knew he’d be such a DB.  He’s faking injury right now— the surgery he had offseason is a 4-6 week recovery.  Or he’s damaged if the injury is genuine.  Or he didn’t rehab as he should have.  Or he has a non-football injury that he won’t disclose.

In the event of any of those, he’s a turd.  And NFL owners/GMs are normally more than happy to steer clear of guys like that.

Odds are he suits up for Indy week 5 and plays out the season with or without an extension.

I'm sure he probably isnt 100%.   its one of those subjective things where its about how the player feels.

I think the team Put him on the PUP to salvage the relationship.    what they probably should have done is suspend him for conduct detrimental to the team so he doesnt get paid.   The pup option allows the team to pay him his full salary.  its like being suspended with pay.

Like you, I suspect hes well enough to play if he had to, but it sounds like we are not at that point yet.    after 4 games without him we shall see how the team feels about moving forward without him.

This is a case where both sides likely could have handled things better.   The owner needs to learn to keep his yap shut when it directly affects his team haha but JT also needs to cool his temper too.   this whole thing should never have gotten to this point, but in the end, thats what happened.   I blame both parties.

7 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

I think the team Put him on the PUP to salvage the relationship.    what they probably should have done is suspend him for conduct detrimental to the team so he doesnt get paid.   The pup option allows the team to pay him his full salary.  its like being suspended with pay.

...  This is a case where both sides likely could have handled things better.   The owner needs to learn ...

I don't know if threatening to hold out technically counts as "conduct detrimental" ? Have no idea.  Regardless, there's no salvaging this.  Taylor might play some just to collect some paychecks, but this as ugly as it gets.

Not sure Jim Irsay is mentally capable of learning:doh:

3 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

I don't know if threatening to hold out technically counts as "conduct detrimental" ? Have no idea.  Regardless, there's no salvaging this.  Taylor might play some just to collect some paychecks, but this as ugly as it gets.

Not sure Jim Irsay is mentally capable of learning:doh:

yeah, but some of the crap that has come out of his mouth during this time has come pretty close to that line.   and may have even crossed it.

either way, its effectively a suspension with full pay.   so he can rehab his injury and does not need to be in the dressing room.  (thus no distraction while this nonsense is going on)   not entirely a bad move for the team.

Leveon Bell.  End of story.

• Like 1

These are supposed to be adults, not teenagers.  Sure there will be posturing and big talk.  At the end of the day JT will play if a trade can't be worked out (otherwise, he is only hurting himself - he really has very little leverage here).  There have been many "unsalvageable" situations that have been salvaged, including recent cases of Josh Jacobs, Cam Akers, etc.

2 hours ago, Ray_T said:

I'm sure he probably isnt 100%.   its one of those subjective things where its about how the player feels.

Of course everyone is different but he’s 6 months removed from a procedure that normally takes 4-6 weeks to heal.  If his wasn’t healing, he would have informed the team.  I have no doubt this is a ploy to hold out without holding out.

4 minutes ago, MLCKAA said:

Of course everyone is different but he’s 6 months removed from a procedure that normally takes 4-6 weeks to heal.  If his wasn’t healing, he would have informed the team.  I have no doubt this is a ploy to hold out without holding out.

honestly it has never sounded like the team was concerned about the health situation.

ditto for the player.   

I think you nailed it, and then the team used it as an excuse to effectively suspend him with full pay.   its just part of the dance at this point.

36 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

honestly it has never sounded like the team was concerned about the health situation.

ditto for the player.   

I think you nailed it, and then the team used it as an excuse to effectively suspend him with full pay.   its just part of the dance at this point.

I agree with what you’re saying.  If the team were concerned about his health, they’d be insisting on a physical.  All parties involved know he’s just a dik.

58 minutes ago, MLCKAA said:

I agree with what you’re saying.  If the team were concerned about his health, they’d be insisting on a physical.  All parties involved know he’s just a dik.

well both sides are being jerks to some extent.   I have no doubt what JT is saying about the owner is probably correct to some extent.   but  JT isnt exactly being 100% reasonable either.

Ravens. 

• Thanks 1

I think they would love to trade him if someone will meet their asking price. They will likely have to play him to showcase him if they want a team to cough up a first, or a second plus more. Moss could be a second half stud, but if no trade it will be Taylor all day.

• Like 1

Taylor doesn’t want to play for the Colts, I think that’s more of the issue.  

On 9/21/2023 at 10:06 AM, jrokh said:

I think they would love to trade him if someone will meet their asking price. They will likely have to play him to showcase him if they want a team to cough up a first, or a second plus more. Moss could be a second half stud, but if no trade it will be Taylor all day.

the colts dont want to make a deal.  it has become personal.  this is being done to punish.   

if they wanted him gone, hed be gone.

Well, guess I will just keep playing Z MOSS!

• Like 1

A terrific addition to one of ff 14 team league, I passed the awful Kelley.  Thanks. 

If he does become the starter week 5, the 1st 4 games are brutal. With Zack Moss doing so well in his absence, I wonder if he might come back to an ugly RBBC situation Those who drafted him should definitely be rooting for a trade. 

4 LAR (24th) Sun 12:00 PM                    
5 Ten (27th) 12:00 PM                   -
6 @Jax (23rd) 12:00 PM                    
7 Cle (31st) 12:00 PM                    
8 NO (26th) 12:00 PM    

maybe thats the reason hes not coming back.   if the team told him it would be a committee, that would be a bit embarrassing for him.   might as well sit out as long as you can get away with it.

17 hours ago, easilyscan said:

If he does become the starter week 5, the 1st 4 games are brutal. With Zack Moss doing so well in his absence, I wonder if he might come back to an ugly RBBC situation Those who drafted him should definitely be rooting for a trade. 

4 LAR (24th) Sun 12:00 PM                    
5 Ten (27th) 12:00 PM                   -
6 @Jax (23rd) 12:00 PM                    
7 Cle (31st) 12:00 PM                    
8 NO (26th) 12:00 PM    

That's not as hard as you think...

• Rams: Walker averaged over 5 ypc, McCaffrey ran for 116 (on 20 carries), and I don't think Mixon is really all that special.  He's "fine", but that's all he is, on a great offense... which is struggling because Burrow isn't healthy.
  • Titans: Played the Saints (w/Jamaal Williams - meh), the Chargers (w/o Ekeler), and the Browns (w/o Chubb)
  • Jags: Played Zach Moss - meh, Kansas City - who doesn't run the ball, and Houston - who can't run the ball.
  • Browns: Played the Bengals (see Rams), Steelers (see Houston), and Titans (Derrick Henry is rushing for 3.2 ypc this year, on 51 rush attempts), meaning, everyone is stopping them from running.
  • Saints: Player the Titans (see above), Panthers (Miles Sanders?  My local high school team can slow him down), and Green Bay (w/o Jones).  Yeah, they have AJ Dillon, who this year in 4 games, is averaging 2.7 ypc on 44 rush attempts.  He's not running on anyone.
  • Like 1