Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Robert F. Kennedy Jr. is going to run as independent.

Who will he steal more votes from? Will this be another Ross Perot?

15 minutes ago, edjr said:

Who will he steal more votes from? Will this be another Ross Perot?

Through dark money bundlers, RFK Jr is being funded by Jeff Bezos. 

A collision course between Bezos and the Obama/Biden regime was inevitable. They can only tax and audit the working class so much before they lose too many votes. However Bezos is a big fat juicy target for them to try to strip him of most of his wealth. 

Is RFK Jr controlled opposition? He doesn't have the money to win a general election. Even if he somehow manages to win the primary ( I doubt it, but it's a long way off from now), odds are that the corporate establishment still aligned with Obama/Biden, mostly the Military Industrial Complex, would just have RFK Jr assassinated. He's been denied formal Secret Service coverage, which means even the USSS is quietly acknowledging his life is in actual open danger. Also the cost of what amounts to global security at that scale, for RFK Jr, bleeds out his campaign dollars, which he has too few of right now as it stands today. 

Do I believe RFK Jr himself is controlled opposition himself by his own intent? No, I don't see that. He's taking money from whomever is willing to give it to him and those folks have vested interests in seeing Biden gone. Either Trump is more useful or the longshot of RFK Jr in office is more useful to them.  Obviously, one perspective is running as an independent will force Biden ( more like Neera Tanden) to offer RFK Jr something big and important to stop running. The problem is the denial of SS protection and the endless attacks on him in the activist MSM is a signal, a big neon sign, that they would find it just simpler to have him permanently removed. 

I'd rather see Ramaswamy or Nikki Haley vs RFK Jr in a general election than the exhausting Trump vs Biden 2.0. 

Can he swing the election? Maybe. The activist MSM will go on a full suppression of him. They'll simply attempt to take away any platform that supports him. This was the mistake in going after Joe Rogan and Elon Musk, because JRE and Twitter/X will support RFK Jr's free speech. Also if Trump is the GOP nominee, you have the "Love/Hate" dynamic in play. Some people will vote Biden just to not have Trump back, and believe RFK Jr can't win a general, thus holding their nose to vote for Biden. 

Barring that, I have no doubt Team Blue and the DNC will just outright cheat in the 2024 general election. They won't even try to hide it. 

https://www.newsweek.com/joe-biden-faces-disastrous-defeat-if-rfk-jr-runs-third-party-candidate-1828858

If the Democrats and Republicans nominate Biden and Trump respectively, and Kennedy runs as an independent, 33 percent of Democratic voters would "likely" vote for him according to the poll, including 14 percent who would be "very likely" to back him.

35 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

BFD. He might take some votes away from Trump. He certainly won’t hurt Biden any. 

:lol:

14 minutes ago, jonmx said:

https://www.newsweek.com/joe-biden-faces-disastrous-defeat-if-rfk-jr-runs-third-party-candidate-1828858

If the Democrats and Republicans nominate Biden and Trump respectively, and Kennedy runs as an independent, 33 percent of Democratic voters would "likely" vote for him according to the poll, including 14 percent who would be "very likely" to back him.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

BFD. He might take some votes away from Trump. He certainly won’t hurt Biden any. 

You are correct.  Only because  Biden isn't going to be on the ticket anyways.  

23 minutes ago, jonmx said:

Would those 33 percent of Democrats have their votes counted and tallied cleanly? I doubt it. 

In 2016, Bernie Sanders was cheated out of the DNC ticket. No one disputes that. Even major leftist political pundits don't dispute it. After Wasserman Schultz had to "resign" ( and then was immediately hired by Hillary Clinton no less) after WikiLeaks showed she actively coordinated against Sanders, her replacement, came out in public, on the record, saying Sanders had the ticket stolen from him. 

In 2020, the argument was made that Big Social Media, Big Tech and the activist MSM all suppressed Bernie Sanders again. Also the rules of the "debate" for all contenders was changed, on the fly, to remove Tulsi Gabbard from any kind of practical platform within the national daily media cycle after she obliterated Kamala Harris in the early debate. 

It's not just who votes, but also who counts the votes. Or doesn't count them. Or decides to count the same vote twice or three times over. 

RFK Jr has made statements where he diverges from the Women's Health Protection Act and most of Team Blue on the issue of abortion after the first trimester. He's openly courting the 15-22 million Pro Life Democrats in this country, who were basically disenfranchised for nearly five decades, and might turn into a major single issue voter block for 2024. By splitting the middle, RFK Jr might look like a safe alternative to those who despise Trump, but are Pro Life and fear another Biden regime will see some more crap thrown against a wall to attempt to codify Roe by proxy ( probably by Executive Order)  While SCOTUS would strike it down, like the EO's that dealt with vaccine mandates, the impact overall might help the Mid Terms in 2026. 

Let's say, shot in the dark, RFK Jr wins the DNC ticket and moves forward to the general election. If he's not assassinated by the Deep State, then Team Blue and the DNC will simply not give him any funding at all. Then everyone in the line of succession would need to be completely terrified as not much could stop Trump in a general election. 

Merrick Garland is 7th in the line of succession to POTUS. Team Blue, the DNC, the DCCC, the corporate establishment and the Military Industrial Complex would wipe the board clean up to 7th, to make sure a Republican nor RFK Jr ever enter the White House. Establishment Democrats would need to fall too to make it look plausible to the public. 

jon, notice Tim is in this thread, offers nothing, yet again. All he does is take and destroy, he's a parasite. 

Don't know who he hurts more between Trump and Biden. People assume because he's a Democrat that he'll leach into Biden's votes but he's an anti-establishment outsider who could just as easily take them from Trump.

17 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Don't know who he hurts more between Trump and Biden. People assume because he's a Democrat that he'll leach into Biden's votes but he's an anti-establishment outsider who could just as easily take them from Trump.

Biden.

Trump ran out of money at the end of his 2016 and 2020 campaigns.  Barring natural death or assassination by the Deep State, Biden will likely win the DNC ticket in 2024.  However small dollar political donations have cratered for Team Blue in the past two years. The massive money advantages that Biden held in 2020 won't replicate in 2024. Also Twitter/X is no longer a complicit Big Social Media company to the Democrats. 

Since the activist MSM can't push more Biden to market him ( because he's a disaster zone near a camera and/or microphone), they'll be tempted to go more Orange Man Bad. However that plays into the vast unpaid media coverage that helped Trump win 2016 against Clinton's massive financial warchest. The more you shovel "But Trump" while working class Americans are hurting with rent, gasoline and groceries, that's going to create some massive antagonism at the voting booth. Not just POTUS, but all down the ticket. 

It's not just the votes, it's the money perspective. Against Trump, Biden can run on "But Trump". I don't think it's going to be that effective, but Trump is purely exhausting and many people despise Trump. However against RFK Jr, Biden will have to run on actual policy. RFK Jr as an "independent" would simply be another primary like test case. Biden ( really Neera Tanden) would need to convince actual Democrats about Biden's alleged policy wins to appeal to the "core base" of Team Blue. 

The further you get away from the "But Trump" narrative, it hurts you. The closer you get to the "But Trump" narrative, it hurts you.

In a campaign where both sides are hurting for campaign dollars, Trump has the advantage. He can go in front of a camera non stop. Biden can't go three sentences without looking like he's going to fall apart. 

1 hour ago, SUXBNME said:

He will. And the poll that Crazy Jon linked is meaningless. The only people that support RFK these days are insane anti-vaxxer types. And they’re all conservatives. It will only hurt Trump. 

Dude needs Secret Service protection. Some armed lunatic was arrested at an event less than two miles from where his father got shot.

8 hours ago, SUXBNME said:

I agree with you, but I’m curious how he is going to explain away all the times over the past couple months he’s committed to running again. 

8 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

He will. And the poll that Crazy Jon linked is meaningless. The only people that support RFK these days are insane anti-vaxxer types. And they’re all conservatives. It will only hurt Trump. 

I contest your point. I think the "anti-vaxx" attack vector is considerably over-played by leftists.  It does not reflect well on Liberals to attack people who have differing opinions in this manner. 

I think the guy clarified his position rather well, and he is clearly not anti-vaxx....but the usage of that tactic as you have done demonstrates intolerance to a significant level.

5 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

At this point, if you’re not anti Covid vax you have a trisomy.

I might suggest we not replicate the intolerance that typifies Liberalism, and instead avoid throwing labels and demeaning people making decisions for their own health.   

If someone wants a COVID vax, go get you some.   I wont treat those folks as they did others....pretend I am operating on some higher or more moral plain to self-sooth my need for validation.  I leave that to white liberals......

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

I might suggest we not replicate the intolerance that typifies Liberalism, and instead avoid throwing labels and demeaning people making decisions for their own health.   

If someone wants a COVID vax, go get you some.   I wont treat those folks as they did others....pretend I am operating on some higher or more moral plain to self-sooth my need for validation.  I leave that to white liberals......

White liberals?  So no liberals other than white liberals wanted folks to get the vaxx?

Pretty racist.

So RFK is going to cut in on the 74 million people that voted for Trump? Sure. 

46 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

White liberals?  So no liberals other than white liberals wanted folks to get the vaxx?

Pretty racist.

The seperation is important.  These are the individuals pursuing ruinous outcomes. Plenty of people ate wanting folks to get vaxxed, it just so happens that intolerance is more prominent among liberals, and notably among the culture associated with white liberals.

Just now, RLLD said:

The seperation is important.  These are the individuals pursuing ruinous outcomes. Plenty of people ate wanting folks to get vaxxed, it just so happens that intolerance is more prominent among liberals, and notably among the culture associated with white liberals.

Do you have any facts to back this up by chance?  Anecdotally I've seen plenty of people of color promoting the life-saving vaccines. 

And what do you mean by intolerance?  Surely for you to state it as a fact of "white liberals" you must mean a majority of white liberals were intolerant as you say.  Such a spurious claim should be backed up by facts. 

Just now, BeachGuy23 said:

Do you have any facts to back this up by chance?  Anecdotally I've seen plenty of people of color promoting the life-saving vaccines. 

And what do you mean by intolerance?  Surely for you to state it as a fact of "white liberals" you must mean a majority of white liberals were intolerant as you say.  Such a spurious claim should be backed up by facts. 

I define intolerance as a response to dissention with labels and cancellation.  I see this tactic as the primary, though not exclusive, weapon of leftism.  And it works rather well.  

So someone objects to the vax they open themselves up to cancellation.  Pretending this is not true make me suspicious of your intentions and awareness. 

9 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

At this point, what’s the purpose of getting a Covid vax?

Protect you from severe illness and death.  Very helpful in the most vulnerable (old, fat, sickly, etc)

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

At this point, what’s the purpose of getting a Covid vax?

It purportedly makes your experience less severe, and for those people actually under threat (with specific conditions) it could save their life. 

8 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Protect you from severe illness and death.  Very helpful in the most vulnerable (old, fat, sickly, etc)

4 minutes ago, RLLD said:

It purportedly makes your experience less severe, and for those people actually under threat (with specific conditions) it could save their life. 

So it is being marketed for everyone over 6 months old to protect the sliver of the population y’all mentioned?  

2 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

So it is being marketed for everyone over 6 months old to protect the sliver of the population y’all mentioned?  

Correct.  Pharma companies have become synonymous with corruption.  I think we should presume they are doing what ever it takes to make this vaccine seem like a life or death situation for everyone.....but we are gradually seeing through it. 

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

I define intolerance as a response to dissention with labels and cancellation.  I see this tactic as the primary, though not exclusive, weapon of leftism.  And it works rather well.  

So someone objects to the vax they open themselves up to cancellation.  Pretending this is not true make me suspicious of your intentions and awareness. 

You’re issue here is that you gave an inch, now you find yourself fighting a mile down the road. 

He'll take enough votes away from Trump and Biden so that neither reaches 270 electoral votes. The House of Reps will determine the presidency in 2024.

3 hours ago, RLLD said:

I contest your point. I think the "anti-vaxx" attack vector is considerably over-played by leftists.  It does not reflect well on Liberals to attack people who have differing opinions in this manner. 

I think the guy clarified his position rather well, and he is clearly not anti-vaxx....but the usage of that tactic as you have done demonstrates intolerance to a significant level.

I think it’s perfectly fine to be intolerant of anti-scientific nonsense, or of racism, or of bigotry. Not all viewpoints deserve respect in the marketplace of ideas. (When I use the word intolerant I mean attitudes only- I don’t mean to say that such ideas should be LEGALLY restricted.) 

As an example: I would like to live in a society in which the vast majority of people believe that violence is unacceptable. And I think I do. However there are those, usually a small minority, who hold that violence is a perfectly acceptable means to achieve what they regard as a noble political end- usually we hear this sort of thing from either the far left or the far right. They have the perfect right to express this opinion and that right should always be sacrosanct and protected. But the rest of us have the right to be intolerant of such opinions and offer them the respect they deserve which should be none IMO. 

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

I think it’s perfectly fine to be intolerant of anti-scientific nonsense, or of racism, or of bigotry. Not all viewpoints deserve respect in the marketplace of ideas. (When I use the word intolerant I mean attitudes only- I don’t mean to say that such ideas should be LEGALLY restricted.) 

I will leave it to folks such as yourself to practice situational tolerance.

Hard to believe that people think a Democratic politician running for POTUS as a Third Party candidate WON'T hurt the DNC candidate for President.

I don't think he'll hurt Biden at all in getting to 215-240 EVs, he's not going to win CA, NY or IL; but with Biden working with relatively thin margins in PA, MI,MN and WI; Kennedy on the ticket could siphon enough away from Biden for Trump to win.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

The ignorance of this post is astonishing. 

5 hours ago, avoiding injuries said:

At this point, if you’re not anti Covid vax you have a trisomy.

This dumbass liberal guy that I work with and his wife just got Covid shots he told us this morning, and said she's not feeling well.  I just thought to myself of course she's not feeling well after getting that shot. They probably shortened their lifespans and get Covid anyway.

3 hours ago, RLLD said:

I can vouch for that. A few weeks ago I woke up with what felt like seasonal allergies. Felt kind of puny the next day and took a name. Felt better the next day, but that phase kind of dragged on for a bit. Then the wife woke up with the exact same symptoms, took a COVID test and was positive. 

At least I don't need to ponder getting a booster anytime soon.

8 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Well there are a whole lot of political analysts as ignorant as I am: 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/10/01/how-rights-elevation-robert-f-kennedy-jr-could-now-backfire/

If RFK runs as an independent it will hurt Trump, not Biden. 

If you think about it, this does make sense.  He should hurt them both.  But in truth he would be siphoning off elements of the Biden voter base and essentially dilluting their potential migration toward conservatives. 

32 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

I can vouch for that. A few weeks ago I woke up with what felt like seasonal allergies. Felt kind of puny the next day and took a name. Felt better the next day, but that phase kind of dragged on for a bit. Then the wife woke up with the exact same symptoms, took a COVID test and was positive. 

At least I don't need to ponder getting a booster anytime soon.

:thumbsup: