Tree of Knowledge

War in Israel

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

I don't get why some of you believe this turd is a lawyer.  Other than his word he's never shown any decent knowledge of law.  Heck, I've out "lawyered" him in numerous threads despite the fact that I am not a lawyer and don't claim to be.  There is no evidence whatsoever that he actually possesses a law degree.  Look up a guy named Harold O Kieffer.  That guy knows more about law than Worms.

Not to mention, what kind of lawyer has time for 61,000 posts on a low-rent message board? :wacko:

5 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

I've known over the years they have a reputation for pushing the envelope for more settlements deeper into the West Bank. While unprovoked acts violence against civilians is normal and acceptable for Hamas supporters to conduct on Israelis, I'd expected Israelis, to include settlers, to have higher standards for themselves.

This is not going to play well at all. Every headline on google, scroll down, down down down down, rips them apart. And apparently it should because they do deserve it. Disappointing.

Agreed and I appreciate you responding honestly without jumping to an immediate conclusion based on “your side”. This is why, in the short time I’ve posted here, I really respect your posts despite our many disagreements. 

6 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Not to mention, what kind of lawyer has time for 61,000 posts on a low-rent message board? :wacko:

A REALLY bad one :dunno:

• Thanks 1

On 11/5/2023 at 7:45 PM, Gepetto said:

How can there be 2.4 million people in a 25 mile by 10 mile strip of land. Where did these people use to live? Did they have more land? Or do they reproduce like rabbits?

Both.  But why don't you know the answer to these questions?

On 11/5/2023 at 10:10 PM, jerryskids said:

For most of Israel's existence, they have been open to and proposed 2 state solutions.  Palestinians have unilaterally declined it.  Now the thought experiment of Israel not being open to such a solution because Hamas has stated, as recently as this week, that their goal is the complete eradication of Israel and, as a bonus, death to all Jews.  This does not strike me as a 2 state solution proposal from Hamas, but nevermind, Israel is the bad guy here.  :thumbsup: 

Israel's been open to a two state solution while constantly encroaching on Palestinian land with new settlements over the years?  You could have fooled me.

While we're back to questioning worm's law degree again, I just wanted to take the time to remind everyone that while I've never claimed to be a fake lawyer, I am both a fake astronaut and a fake lion tamer and I don't mind pretending that I know what I'm talking about when either topic comes up.

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

I'd not read anything about this until you posted it. It's disturbing if true but it also comes across as potentially PLO propaganda. Preliminary results from all the Google search MSM headline results are reading similar to it: slamming the settlers hard but I'll keep digging. This seems wholly out of character, I'll see if I can find the Israeli settler side of the story to see if it makes some sort of sense.

Voltaire just can't believe it.  He's going to do some real digging this time.

• Haha 1

On 11/4/2023 at 3:12 PM, Voltaire said:

I don't know how many people here are black because it seldom comes up. I only know of two: Peenie and League Champion. There are surely more but behind the keyboard, who can tell, we're all the same color. Most people just type and don't talk about their race.

I like peenie, am glad she's here and have always gotten along with her. I admire her willingness to come back despite the abuse she gets, plenty of which is race related and out of line. League Champion doesn't lead with being mulatto, and you wouldn't guess it, but he's open about it when its relevant to the topic at hand. I don't know that he's ever gotten any grief over it. 

----

More generally, we have racists here and when I see threads that look geared towards that, I don't open them, let alone participate. It leaks out into other threads. Personally, I'm far more interested in conservatives making inroads within the black and hispanic communities than placating race deadenders. LC is further right than I am. As for peenie, ah, peenie's daughter and uncle see through the left's BS, as for peenie herself, I've seen twenty years of her taking two steps forward and two steps back. 

You're very quiet about anti-white racism.  A hint of what you'd term anti-semitism and you're compelled to post about it.  This post with your past anti-Christian rants reveal you to be a poser.

7 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Link? The only antisemitism I have seen in this thread has come from the right (CDub and Casual Observer.) 

Telling the truth about Jewish bullshiot is not anti-semitism, Tim.  You and the tribe might be waking up to the fact that banging the drum of anti-semitism 24/7 just annoys people and galvanizes them against Jews.  No complaining about importing Muslims to the West, who are now openly demonstrating against Jews, either.

7 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

I have also seen a ton of Muslim hatred from the right in this thread. It’s really despicable. 

Would you stop wringing your hands then and fock off to some other site?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

See this is problematic. It’s partly true but not entirely true: 

Abbas, like Arafat before him, has voiced support for a 2 state solution. Yet there have always been 3 conditions and 1 problem  to this support which Israel will not accept: 

1. The Palestinian Authority (Abbas/Fatah) wants 100% of the settlements on the West Bank occupied by Jews since 1967 removed. But some of these settlements are over 50 years old and you’re talking about the forced removal of thousands of people, some of which have sworn that they will die before they leave. At one point during the Clinton Presidency the Israelis agreed to remove 95% of these settlements but never 100%. The PA has always insisted on 100%. However, most long time negotiators believe that this problem can be settled. 

2. The Palestinians have always insisted on the Right of Return, meaning that anyone of Palestinian descent of any age can “return” to Israel and become a citizen of Israel. Given that there are many more Palestinians than Jews, this would inevitably result in Israel ceasing to exist, which is why Israel will never agree to it. And it’s this condition that causes people like @jerryskids to correctly point out that most Palestinians want a “one state solution”. However most long time negotiators again believe that this problem can ultimately be settled, perhaps by only allowing Palestinians of a certain age to return, or some kind of monetary settlement for lands lost (reparations if you will.) 

3. The Palestinians have always insisted on Jerusalem being their capital, for historical and religious reasons. The Israelis will never agree to this for historical and religious reasons. Negotiators have struggled with this issue and been unable to solve it, but the USA has tried to take a neutral stance by having its embassy in Tel Aviv rather than Jerusalem, until Trump changed that in order to make one of his biggest donors happy, the late Sheldon Adelson. Now we continue to pay the cost for that blunder. 

4. The problem, beyond these conditions, is that Gaza and the West Bank are not contiguous. Israel divides them, so it would be problematic to have a state of Palestine in which the land is separated. The British Raj solved a similar problem in 1948 by creating two separate Muslim territories out of India: Pakistan and Bangladesh. But that would entail a 3 state solution. 

5. The position of Hamas is pretty simple: Israel will never agree to any of this so Fatah is weak. The only way there will ever be a Palestinian homeland is to destroy Israel. There is a lot of sympathy for Hamas among Palestinians because they appear to be fighters, fighting back, etc. Many leftists won’t speak out against Hamas because leftists are sympathetic to Palestinians in general. But in truth, I believe that very few Palestinians, and almost no leftists, are so fanatic against Israel that they want to see it completely destroyed. That’s where I think Jerrykids and others get it wrong. 

Didn't anybody tell these Jews that diversity is our strength?  Fockin racists, supremacist bastardos.

2 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

If you're a grown man and throwing around terms like Alpha and Beta, and my favorite, "Low T", you got real issues.

Trump has ruined you guys.

This thread is so bad, that I find myself agreeing with this Low-T cretin and MDC on these issues, whom I have called a h0m0 at least 1000 times.

This current event has been amazing to watch play out from a sociological POV.  

1.  Far Far Right Wing Antisemitics are aligning with Far Left White Guilts in that regard.  They finally came together on something. 

2.  Spinning off #1, the amount of Trans and LGB people and groups I’ve seen on the news rallying not only for Palestine but Hamas has been incredible to see.  The epitome of a “Who wants to tell them?” moment. 

3. Then you have the Colleges and Universities.  The sheeps clothing came all the way off.  Wow.  Not even hiding it anymore.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Casual Observer said:

Israel's been open to a two state solution while constantly encroaching on Palestinian land with new settlements over the years?  You could have fooled me.

Yep, they've been open to it, feel free to Google and educate yourself.

And what is "Palestinian land?"  There was no nation of Palestine.  Just some Arabs that lived there 75 years ago.

I don't hear you or any of the terrorist apologists complain about the Jewish exodus in the late 40s:  Once Israel was created, the surrounding Arabic countries kicked out their Jews.

The Jewish exodus from the Muslim world was the migration, departure, flight and expulsion of around 900,000 Jews from Muslim-majority countries in West Asia, North Africa and, to a lesser extent, Central Asia, South Asia and Southeast Asia in the 20th century. Predominantly in response to the creation of Israel, the exodus mainly transpired from 1948 to the early 1970s, with one final exodus from Iran in 1979–80 following the Iranian Revolution. An estimated 650,000 of the departees settled in Israel.[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_exodus_from_the_Muslim_world

Perhaps Jews should go back and claim chunks of all of those countries, then scream apartheid and open air prisons!  From the river to the sea!

But somehow, in the one small country carved out for the Jews, crickets.  

Then again, you don't care, you'll just keep hating Jews.  If you're lucky, Hamas will rape and burn another 1500 women and children for you tonight.  :thumbsup: 

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

Do you have a degree in industrial psychology?

No, why?

3 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Yep, they've been open to it, feel free to Google and educate yourself.

And what is "Palestinian land?"  There was no nation of Palestine.  Just some Arabs that lived there 75 years ago.

I don't hear you or any of the terrorist apologists complain about the Jewish exodus in the late 40s:  Once Israel was created, the surrounding Arabic countries kicked out their Jews.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_exodus_from_the_Muslim_world

Perhaps Jews should go back and claim chunks of all of those countries, then scream apartheid and open air prisons!  From the river to the sea!

But somehow, in the one small country carved out for the Jews, crickets.  

Then again, you don't care, you'll just keep hating Jews.  If you're lucky, Hamas will rape and burn another 1500 women and children for you tonight.  :thumbsup: 

That land has changed hands many, many, many times over the years, decades and centuries.  The only entity that’s seen more Whites, Jews, Blacks and Browns in it is Kim Kardashian.  

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

1.  Far Far Right Wing Antisemitics are aligning with Far Left White Guilts in that regard.  They finally came together on something. 

2.  Spinning off #1, the amount of Trans and LGB people and groups I’ve seen on the news rallying not only for Palestine but Hamas has been incredible to see.  The epitome of a “Who wants to tell them?” moment. 

3. Then you have the Colleges and Universities.  The sheeps clothing came all the off.  Wow.  Not even hiding it anymore.

Always focused on the important stuff. 👍🏻 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

3. Then you have the Colleges and Universities.  The sheeps clothing came all the off.  Wow.  Not even hiding it anymore.

True

4 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

That land has changed hands many, many, many times over the years, decades and centuries.  The only entity that’s seen more Whites, Jews, Blacks and Browns in it is Kim Kardashian.  

Rimshot!  :lol:

1 hour ago, Strike said:

I don't get why some of you believe this turd is a lawyer.  Other than his word he's never shown any decent knowledge of law.  Heck, I've out "lawyered" him in numerous threads despite the fact that I am not a lawyer and don't claim to be.  There is no evidence whatsoever that he actually possesses a law degree.  Look up a guy named Harold O Kieffer.  That guy knows more about law than Worms.

This, I honestly thought this silly myth was put to bed a long time ago. The next time the GC discusses a legal topic related to his 'area' of legal expertise, it will be the absolute first.

Early on, he probably made a throw away comment claiming to be a lawyer thinking it would be impressive 😂😂 not realizing he'd have to fake it for the next couple of decades. 

His long history of looking epically stupid in legal themed threads speaks for itself. 

1 minute ago, Reality said:

This, I honestly thought this silly myth was put to bed a long time ago. The next time the GC discusses a legal topic related to his 'area' of legal expertise, it will be the absolute first.

Early on, he probably made a throw away comment claiming to be a lawyer thinking it would be impressive 😂😂 not realizing he'd have to fake it for the next couple of decades. 

His long history of looking epically stupid in legal themed threads speaks for itself. 

Who are you? :dunno:

52 minutes ago, Casual Observer said:

You're very quiet about anti-white racism.  A hint of what you'd term anti-semitism and you're compelled to post about it.  This post with your past anti-Christian rants reveal you to be a poser.

We've been around the block before on this. It's why I support the Republican Party reaching out to make inroads in the black and brown communities and cutting ties with the embarrassing likes of you.

Lumping people into boxes based on their pigmentation or their religion riles me. I've gone through life judging people on the content of their character rather than the color of their skin. Each person deserves that basic decency and respect until they show you they don't. You'll find good people and bad everywhere. While you look at George Soros and Jeffrey Epstein and Harvey Weinstein and see a Jewish plot/conspiracy, I just see three rich Jewish a$$holes.

A lot of fine Jews out there just like there are a lot of fine blacks. That the majority are Democrats and liberals with whacky views sucks, true enough. But those ones aren't and I am happy to make friends with them.

At least the racist against black posters have a valid point when they talk about crime statistics and culture of violence. The "global conspiracy" isn't Jewish and it isn't much of a conspiracy... it's the World Economic Forum, it's done in the open and they're not hiding the ball.  You know full well who the bigwig government, business, and NGO leaders are that attend, reporters are present, and they release reports and goals. Some participants are Jewish, while the vast majority are not. 

Finally, yeah I am still an atheist. Stuff that didn't make sense then still doesn't make sense now. But my Christian bashing days are long gone. Bring back the young earth creationist teachers who think Jesus invented the AR15 to kill dinosaurs. They are NOT the bad guys and I'm sorry about everything I ever said. Unmooring Christianity from society has been an unmitigated disaster. These wokesters with a lack of morality and ethics, disdain out country, love criminals and Hamas, and groom kids to be perverts are a cancer 100x worse than the Fundies ever were and it's all hands on deck to stop them. I never had a problem with what Christianity taught about how to live your life or raise your kids or treat other people or participate in society. We have 2000 years of evidence that all that stuff remains valid.

11 minutes ago, MDC said:

Always focused on the important stuff. 👍🏻 

I live in America, I have to live with these people.  :dunno:

Look, I’m a human being.  There are civilians through no fault of their own dying in Gaza.  It’s not lost on me.  

But MDC, we don’t live in a vacuum, Hamas is there, they are “in charge” and October 7th happened.  Dumb analogy but you can’t run up behind someone, hit them on the back of the head with a hammer and when they turn around pixxed start yelling “Cease Fire!  Cease Fire!”

The best thing that could happen out of all of this is Gaza rids itself of Hamas and peaceful, two state solution Palestine Muslims regroup. 

Easier said than done but it has to be done.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Reality said:

Not a lawyer, just like you. :wave:

Been here for 20 years but I couldn’t name a single thing about you, other than you’re one hugely bitter assh0le :lol:

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

While we're back to questioning worm's law degree again, I just wanted to take the time to remind everyone that while I've never claimed to be a fake lawyer, I am both a fake astronaut and a fake lion tamer and I don't mind pretending that I know what I'm talking about when either topic comes up.

I thought you were a gigolo with a rather exclusive and discreet clientele involving primarily olympic skaters and divers.

3 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Been here for 20 years but I couldn’t name a single thing about you

Good.

50 minutes ago, Casual Observer said:

Plenty like these to be found.

Anyway, there's your barrage for the evening.

These guys are complete a$$holes, you sure got that right. It's starting to make sense what Tim was saying about the settlers focking with the Palestinians in the West Bank. It's easy to see how these guys would take advantage of the situation to go fock with the Palestinians.

3 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

I thought you were a gigolo with a rather exclusive and discreet clientele involving primarily olympic skaters and divers.

That sounds like more fun but I'm too much of an introvert to pull it off. Maybe we can get Bunny to be a fake gigolo, he'd be awesome.

38 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

OK I laughed 

53 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Lumping people into boxes based on their pigmentation or their religion riles me. I've gone through life judging people on the content of their character rather than the color of their skin. Each person deserves that basic decency and respect until they show you they don't. You'll find good people and bad everywhere. 

Except for the gays, amiright?  They all want to cut your kids d's off and molest them, right?

3 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Eww gross, why don’t you suck their focking d1cks while you’re at it, Jerry 🤮

Look at this beta.  A grown ass man saying, "Eww gross"

1 hour ago, KSB2424 said:

A lot of these major universities, which are feeder systems for Team Blue strongholds and campaigns are losing a massive amount of high level alumni funding. (Older legacy Jewish families in the social/corporate elite aren't exactly happy with protests on campuses demanding they be exterminated)  Also inciting young voters has a pronounced impact further down the ticket ( i.e. the cascading losses in small dollar political donations) 

In effect, The Squad has been "defunded" 

But also establishment Democrats who lack brand name value in the national daily media cycle will suffer too since you need money to win elections. Further down are simply more reliant on those small dollar donations. 

It was the massive loss of State Legislature seats that went Red during Obama's run at POTUS that set up the groundwork for the massive changes when Dobbs was overturned. 

Team Blue has effectively "defunded" itself. It's completely bizarre and equally pathetic at the same time. How do you control most of the major levers of power in the country (Hollywood, Big Education, most of the MSM, most of Big Social Media, etc, etc) and still fail like this? 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Except for the gays, amiright?  They all want to cut your kids d's off and molest them, right?

Just earlier today we were talking about Blippi and I defended the guy's kids' show even though I'm pretty sure the actor is gay. I recognize it's possible to be gay and host a totally PG safe kids show. Also this morning there were all these Gays Against Groomers threads on page one, many that LC posted ... there we saw reasonable gay people calling out and disassociating from the predators.

That reminds me of the drag queen 4-5 months ago that warned parents against taking their kids to drag performances and didn't appreciate the drag pedophiles ruining the reputation of drag, which has enough problems. I appreciate the warning, respect his courage to speak out, and am now aware that there are a lot of drag queens out there that don't want to include children in their fetish.

So while you're in here greasing the wheels to ensure perverts gain access to children, while also assuring us that twerking 6-year-olds is normal, there are in fact a lot of gays and drag queens, ones who don't like being affiliated with the pedos in their midst, and warning us to tap the breaks and save our kids. And I'm grateful for them.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

And let me go one step further: even if I am completely wrong and most Palestinians really do want to destroy Israel, it doesn’t change anything in terms of how Israel should act. It wouldn’t excuse or justify the single death of a civilian. 

I missed this gem.  Not a single civilian death excused?  Israel has no excuse for a single civilian death?  You are the same guy who says things are complicated.  Sounds like you've got a simple model. 

Here comes Germany

Hardly any taboos left': anti-Semitism resurges in Germany

Tue, November 7, 2023 at 7:52 AM EST

Demonstrators carry a giant Palestinian flag during a protest in support of Palestinians under the slogan 'Free Palestine' in Berlin (Odd ANDERSEN)

Demonstrators carry a giant Palestinian flag during a protest in support of Palestinians under the slogan 'Free Palestine' in Berlin (Odd ANDERSEN)

Levi Salomon has been documenting anti-Semitic slogans and acts at rallies in Berlin for 25 years, but never had he experienced such virulent expressions of hate against Jews in post-war Germany until October 7.

On that Sabbath day, Hamas gunmen stormed across the border into Israel, killing 1,400 people, mostly civilians, in their homes, on the streets and at a rave party.

The most deadly attack since the founding of Israel had led it to declare war on Hamas, with Israeli forces heavily bombarding Gaza before sending in ground troops to destroy the Islamist movement. The Hamas-run health ministry said more than 10,000 people, mostly civilians, have been killed in the territory.

"October 7 marked a turning point" in the dimension of anti-Semitism in Germany almost 80 years after World War II, said Salomon. "There are hardly any taboos left."

The public displays of hatred vary from people celebrating the Hamas attack by distributing sweets in a Berlin district with a large Arab population, to chants at demonstrations such as "from the river to the sea, Palestine will be free" -- a slogan interpreted by some as a call for the destruction of Israel.

Islamist slogans like "the caliphate is the solution," seen most recently at a protest in the western city of Essen, have also shocked Germany.

"I had not seen that before," said Salomon.

- 'Living in fear' -

Anti-Semitism is rearing its head across the continent, with the European Commission warning that "European Jews today are again living in fear".

In Germany, which is still atoning for the slaughter of more than six million Jews during the Holocaust, the trend is all the more alarming.

Holocaust denial is illegal in Germany, which has also stressed that its support for Israel's existence is unconditional.

Felix Klein, the government's anti-Semitism commissioner, said Tuesday that Germany had long seen itself as "world champions" in atoning for its genocidal past which had led to complacency.

"There was a notion that we were immune to anti-Semitism in large parts of the population," he said, noting that the current threat came from both the far left as well as the extreme right.

Some 2,000 cases linked to the Israel-Hamas conflict have been reported so far, federal police said. Authorities have boosted security around Jewish institutions.

But that did not stop two men from flinging Molotov cocktails at a synagogue in Berlin. No one was hurt but the attack left many Jews in the capital rattled.

Vice Chancellor Robert Habeck made an impassioned plea on social media to fight anti-Semitism, calling in particular for an effort from far-left political movements and certain Muslim groups.

The current developments also lend greater resonance to Thursday's ceremony commemorating the 85th anniversary of Kristallnacht, the November 9-10 pogrom by the Nazis.

Chancellor Olaf Scholz and President Frank-Walter Steinmeier are to lead the ceremony, along with president of the Central Council of Jews in Germany, Josef Schuster.

- Indoctrination -

Salomon emigrated from Russia in 1991, fleeing what he described as state-sponsored anti-Semitism.

He began in 1997 to compile records of anti-Semitic behaviour in Berlin and founded an association in 2008 that documents, analyses and makes his research public.

Demonstrations gathering extremists from both the right and left, as well as pro-Palestinians, are often where excesses can be witnessed, he said.

But Salomon said the pro-Palestinian gatherings since October 7 have been particularly virulent.

In Berlin, barricades were burned and police injured by stones and bottles thrown by protesters.

Salomon said he was particularly alarmed by the large number of youths and school pupils at the protests.

He recalls a phrase that he heard some children chanting in 2004 -- "Knife in, knife out, knife red, the Jew is dead" and said: "Today, these children have become adults."

Today's children "continue to be indoctrinated," he said.

Wearing a bullet proof vest and carrying a helmet, he turned up at a pro-Palestinian rally in central Berlin on a Saturday.

He said he had already been assaulted a few times while doing his work, and the dialogue that he seeks with the protesters sometimes turns sour.

This time, the march was mostly peaceful, with families making up the majority of protesters.

Salomon said it was completely legitimate to protest against the humanitarian catastrophe faced by Palestinians in Gaza.

"But I had hoped to see a poster or a sign condemning Hamas," he said.

So far, he said, he hasn't seen one.