Sign in to follow this  
Showboat

Who are you starting Zach Evans over?

Sure, it's early in the week and things could change, but all signs point to Evans starting for the Rams in week 7.  Who are you sending to the bench in order to get him in your starting lineup?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Rams have activated Freem and re-signed Henderson. Williams may just miss a week. Clear as mud.

Is that really a cause for concern that Evans won't operate as the lead back for at least one week?  It's not surprising that the Rams would add some depth and not want to go into a game with literally only one RB.  I mean there is a reason that Royce was on the practice squad behind Evans and Henderson was sitting around unsigned, right?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Showboat said:

Is that really a cause for concern that Evans won't operate as the lead back for at least one week?  It's not surprising that the Rams would add some depth and not want to go into a game with literally only one RB.  I mean there is a reason that Royce was on the practice squad behind Evans and Henderson was sitting around unsigned, right?

Yeah thanks, I think you’re right. Evans should have the lions share in that offense for a week at least.

48 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Rams have also signed Gaskin.

Well that makes it official......... it's now a full blown cluster!@#$

Given that Freeman and the lone other healthy back on the 53-man roster -- rookie sixth-round pick Zach Evans -- have combined to play six snaps on offense over the 5 total games in which they've suited up this season, neither may be guaranteed work over Gaskin, despite being in the organization longer. Gaskin shouldn't require much time to get up to speed with the Rams' offensive concepts given his recent stint in Minnesota under head coach Kevin O'Connell, a disciple of the Sean McVay coaching tree.

• Like 1

One week, I wouldn’t bother.  

I think the bigger question is, being that it’s Tuesday and he would not be owned outside dynasty leagues, how can anyone answer this question if they don’t even own him yet?😝

• Sad 1

Still wouldn’t bother, the Rams sign up a few Rbs. 

19 hours ago, easilyscan said:

Well that makes it official......... it's now a full blown cluster!@#$

Given that Freeman and the lone other healthy back on the 53-man roster -- rookie sixth-round pick Zach Evans -- have combined to play six snaps on offense over the 5 total games in which they've suited up this season, neither may be guaranteed work over Gaskin, despite being in the organization longer. Gaskin shouldn't require much time to get up to speed with the Rams' offensive concepts given his recent stint in Minnesota under head coach Kevin O'Connell, a disciple of the Sean McVay coaching tree.

not yet.

these guys dont know the playbook.   for this week at least, only RB who know the playbook are likely to put up any kind of numbers.

after this week a couple guys are likely to have a shot at doing something but even so, I think their use would be limited.    I'd say anyone signed today likely needs a min of 2-3 weeks to be able to play a significant role.

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

not yet.

these guys dont know the playbook.   for this week at least, only RB who know the playbook are likely to put up any kind of numbers.

after this week a couple guys are likely to have a shot at doing something but even so, I think their use would be limited.    I'd say anyone signed today likely needs a min of 2-3 weeks to be able to play a significant role.

That's where I am at.  They signed a couple of JAGs to provide some healthy bodies at RB (and with the latest K.Williams news that makes perfect sense).  I think the most likely scenario is that they give the rookie they drafted the first opportunity to show what he's got.  So that gets back to my original question of the thread: who are you benching to start him (or maybe who are you starting to keep Evans on the bench)?

I am waiting for Kyren Williams to be coded as injured in Yahoo.  I cannot pick him up otherwise.  once that happens I should be able to put Kyren on IR and pick him up.

I wont be starting him ahead of Pacheco or Jacobs but I am hoping hes a reasonably solid backup

if I'm unable to put Kyren williams on the IR, then the guy I have to drop is Hopkins and I dont think that move makes sense to pickup  a backup RB

1 hour ago, mista-j said:

I will be starting Evans over Mixon, Pollard, and K. Herbert this week.

Nice.  

Evans will not disappoint I've done my homework its his time to shine. ..start with confidence in all formats 👍

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, gcmmidwest said:

Evans will not disappoint I've done my homework its his time to shine. ..start with confidence in all formats 👍

I thought he'd be great too, four weeks ago. What the hell? Why did it take injuries for him to get on the field ? 

My hunch... piss poor pass blocking. Haven't heard anything so it's a total guess, but it's the only thing that makes sense.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, unclemercy said:

have him penciled in for aaron jones. am i reaching?

Not a bad idea. I have Jones and who knows if he's going to play 😂🤡

9 hours ago, unclemercy said:

have him penciled in for aaron jones. am i reaching?

That's pretty bold.  Unless you need your starters in early, are you planning to swap in Jones if its confirmed he is active?

1 hour ago, Showboat said:

That's pretty bold.  Unless you need your starters in early, are you planning to swap in Jones if its confirmed he is active?

The only way I can do it is Jones has to be out so I can move him to IR. They both play afternoon games so there's a chance 😂

Hendu could be the passing down back. Activated on Friday. Familiar with the system. Let’s not forget Royce Freeman and Gaskin. Bye week replacement if you’ve hard up. I have both Pollard and Chubba on byes. So yeah, I’m hard up. Teetering on dropping Royce Freeman for Hendu. 

Henderson is now active.  He’s going to be the ppr rb.  

• Like 1

On 10/18/2023 at 10:03 PM, GobbleDog said:

I thought he'd be great too, four weeks ago. What the hell? Why did it take injuries for him to get on the field ? 

My hunch... piss poor pass blocking. Haven't heard anything so it's a total guess, but it's the only thing that makes sense.

It's usually the the most challenging aspect for RBs to pick up at the NFL level.  If you believe Schefter's reporting, coaches feel that the kid just isn't ready yet for a significant role.

I feel real bad for the owner in my full ppr league that spent faab on obtaining Evans, real bad 🤓

Schefter noted that Freeman is likely to get the start but that would be based on the Steelers personnel. As the third running back, there's no reason to have Evans in your lineup this week. Since we aren't confident of the exact roles for Freeman and Henderson, they are very risky Flex options with a slight nod going to Freeman.

I just picked up Freeman bc I have the space. I feel like odds are Henderson is the back to own, but who knows. Maybe Freeman will have a good game and establish himself as “the guy”. Doubtful, but who knows…

• Like 1

I can't believe my starting rb's this week are Gus Edwards & Latavius Murray 😭

Lost Chubb, K.Williams, Achane 

Pollard &Hubbard on bye.....

I'm stuck with playing Cam Akers this week with Charbonnet, Roschon Johnson both out and Damien Pierce and Singletary on bye. Dammit. I traded away Breece Hall for Garret Wilson in my dynasty for a better long term option but it's hurting me now. No biggie. I'll get Marvin Harrison in next year's draft and have a strong WR core. 

2 minutes ago, Nomad99 said:

I can't believe my starting rb's this week are Gus Edwards & Latavius Murray 😭

Lost Chubb, K.Williams, Achane 

Pollard &Hubbard on bye.....

You are not alone. I have Akers and Hunt. 🤮 

• Sad 1

Let's face it whoever is gaining the most yards is who's getting the ball ...should find out today and my money is on evans 

• Confused 1

Step away from the Rams RB Situation!

Nuf said

Just think how bad it would have been if you had money on Evans.  

Good thing I replaced him with Ingram i got better looking 0 🤣