Sign in to follow this  
jerryskids

Homeless fire under I-10 bridge in LA shuts down freeway indefinitely

Dang, what a shiot show traffic is going to be there for the foreseeable future:

https://x.com/ChayaRaichik10/status/1724125318460436945?s=20

Probably didn't help that the area under the freeway was (and is in other areas) used for palette storage.  You know, those wooden thingies with the perfect combo of wood and air to stack for a bonfire.

https://x.com/ToolmanLarryB/status/1724095992692179071?s=20

I like how the reporter stated that there WAS a homeless camp under there. :lol:

We’ve had a few close calls like this.  The worst was when two homeless guys got in a fight and one set the other ones tent on fire.  Luckily there’s never been enough fuel to sustain a major fire.  

You sure there was actual homeless people there? Has Tim confirmed this? Local authorities and news reports aren't good enough.

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

Dang, what a shiot show traffic is going to be there for the foreseeable future:

https://x.com/ChayaRaichik10/status/1724125318460436945?s=20

Probably didn't help that the area under the freeway was (and is in other areas) used for palette storage.  You know, those wooden thingies with the perfect combo of wood and air to stack for a bonfire.

https://x.com/ToolmanLarryB/status/1724095992692179071?s=20

In addition to palettes I just read an article that said:

the Times also says a source reported a large amount of hand sanitizer collected during the COVID 19 pandemic, was stored under the overpass acting as additional fuel for the disastrous fire

G0ddamn Chinese were behind this!!!  :mad:

https://ktla.com/10-freeway-fire/10-freeway-fire-may-have-been-intentionally-set-report/

More people will be homeless soon, it’s sad to see this is going to be the new America.   The government keeps making it harder for people to simply put gas into their vehicles to get to a job.   

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

So that's where SF moved all their homeless too for the visiting Communists.  Make sense.  Make it someone else's problem.

I saw that, Newsome admitted it too. “When you have guests over you clean up!”.  :doh:   Complete lack of self and social awareness.  

It’s not good enough for the people that live there but only for foreign diplomats errr dictators. 

Really telling, if I lived in SF I’d be pixxxed. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, weepaws said:

More people will be homeless soon, it’s sad to see this is going to be the new America.   The government keeps making it harder for people to simply put gas into their vehicles to get to a job.   

The economy isn’t a direct correlation to homelessness.  I mean it’s an indirect result because people are more desperate, may consume more alcohol and drugs but…..99% of true, long term homelessness is drug addiction and / or mental illness.

14 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

We’ve had a few close calls like this.  The worst was when two homeless guys got in a fight and one set the other ones tent on fire.  Luckily there’s never been enough fuel to sustain a major fire.  

You seem a little suspicious here...

20 minutes ago, weepaws said:

This the major critical point that will tragically be ignored. Much harder times are coming. 

Makes me think of The Book Of Eli, when Denzel Washington tells Mila Kunis, who was playing a character too young to remember, "that people routinely threw away things in the past that they would kill each other over for right now" 

I wouldn't say this currently is the end period, as much as I would say it's undeniable that these current times are the "beginning of the end"  And it will devolve and cascade into chaos rapidly. 

Untold savagery will sweep through this country like locusts. Coming like a thief in the night. 

12 hours ago, Blue Horseshoe said:

This the major critical point that will tragically be ignored. Much harder times are coming. 

Makes me think of The Book Of Eli, when Denzel Washington tells Mila Kunis, who was playing a character too young to remember, "that people routinely threw away things in the past that they would kill each other over for right now" 

I wouldn't say this currently is the end period, as much as I would say it's undeniable that these current times are the "beginning of the end"  And it will devolve and cascade into chaos rapidly. 

Untold savagery will sweep through this country like locusts. Coming like a thief in the night. 

You must be a lot of fun at parties. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Strike said:

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you, to find out that the fire was set intentionally:

https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/13/us/i-10-freeway-la-fire-closure-monday/index.html

That’s pretty interesting.

If you look at the picture, that fire was pretty bad and that section could be closed for a while. They’re saying they may have to replace that entire section and it’s not hard to believe from the photos. Must be a nightmare for LA traffic 

29 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

That’s pretty interesting.

If you look at the picture, that fire was pretty bad and that section could be closed for a while. They’re saying they may have to replace that entire section and it’s not hard to believe from the photos. Must be a nightmare for LA traffic 

Something similar happened on I-95 in Philly recently, huge fire, not arson, but damaged I-95 badly, huge road here in the NE.  There was talk about it being closed for a year, but they got their sh1t together and reopened the road in a matter of weeks.  It was a small miracle, but I have less confidence that LA could pull something like that off.

Our people sleep under a bridge.  Illegals sleep in a hotel. 

• Like 1

how can a home that doesn’t exist catch fire?

1 hour ago, edjr said:

how can a home that doesn’t exist catch in fire?

I should have said "fire experiencing homelessness".  :thumbsup: 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Our people sleep under a bridge.  Illegals sleep in a hotel. 

Funny how that works, The bad hombres also get an ebt card 

California can't replace a stop sign without having a public comment., an environmental impact study, blah blah blah.

This is going to be a shitshow of epic proportions.

Compare that to the bridge that burned outside Philly. 

• Sad 1