Sign in to follow this  
IGotWorms

Not acceptable behavior for a presidential candidate

I seriously can't believe we are doing the mean tweets thing...again.  Jesus

8 hours ago, IGotWorms said:
Former President Donald Trump on Tuesday went after Nikki Haley while referring to her by her first name, Nimrata, in the latest example of Trump using racist dog whistles to attack his GOP presidential rival.

Haley is the daughter of Indian immigrants and was born Nimrata Nikki Randhawa. She took her husband Michael Haley’s last name after they married.

It is out of the same racist playbook that he and the GOP used by always referring to Obama as "Barack Hussein Obama" and when called on it, the disingenuous response of "That's his name, isn't it?" 🙄

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Nomad99 said:

What we have accepted is the let's assault on white pigmentation. What we have accepted is the let's attack on women's rights & biological science. What we have accepted is the attacks from the left on the fundamental way of life our constitution guarantees. What we have accepted is the continuing onslaught of illegal immigrants at our border because votes are more important than the safety of sovereign citizens or the security of our country. What we have accepted is a president that when he's not tripping over his words, he's tripping over his feet. What we have accepted is that our government lied to us about covid in order to subvert our rights.

Accepted that.

tl;dr Keep America white and I'll never get over covid.

4 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

As a female, and a minority, why is the left not embracing Haley??   Checks the boxes.

They are. Who do you think is supporting her and getting her votes?

7 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Same as I just said. I don't like it and I'm not happy he brings it up. Her being wrong about X, Y, and Z is fair game, this sh*t, othering her on her ethnicity, is a low blow.

Do you think this was othering Haley on her ethnicity?

8 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

As a female, and a minority, why is the left not embracing Haley??   Checks the boxes.

It takes a bit more than that for the left to embrace someone.

Trump is an immature, childish jerk with responsible/sound policy implementation for the most part. 

Biden is less immature and less of a jerk seemingly, but with horrible policy and horrible policy implementation across the board. 

I choose #1. But, it's in spite of the former and because of the latter. I choose government officials based on policy decisions. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

Trump is an immature, childish jerk with responsible/sound policy implementation for the most part. 

Biden is less immature and less of a jerk seemingly, but with horrible policy and horrible policy implementation across the board. 

I choose #1. But, it's in spite of the former and because of the latter. I choose government officials based on policy decisions. 

Words matter from the president. It sets the tone and demonstrates what is acceptable in this country. So if you’re okay with racist attacks on Indian-Americans (and the disabled, and Hispanics, and blacks, and women, etc etc), then yeah, he’s your guy I guess. But if not, you can’t just ignore it 

• Haha 1

Just now, IGotWorms said:

Words matter from the president. It sets the tone and demonstrates what is acceptable in this country. So if you’re okay with racist attacks on Indian-Americans, then yeah, he’s your guy I guess. But if not, you can’t just ignore it 

Never said he's "my guy". Never will most likely. But, I will hold my nose and vote for him over the alternative at present. That doesn't make me "okay" with anything. Just choosing the lesser of two evils when it comes to governance. 

17 minutes ago, MDC said:

Do you think this was othering Haley on her ethnicity?

It's not self-evident to you? 

Sometimes he says dumb sh*t that alienates people. It's not as bad as "grab 'em by the pu$$y" or the birther nonsense but it's on that trajectory.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, IGotWorms said:
Former President Donald Trump on Tuesday went after Nikki Haley while referring to her by her first name, Nimrata, in the latest example of Trump using racist dog whistles to attack his GOP presidential rival.

Haley is the daughter of Indian immigrants and was born Nimrata Nikki Randhawa. She took her husband Michael Haley’s last name after they married.

Trump misspelled Nimrata as “Nimrada” as he attacked her in a new post on his social media platform Truth Social.

“Anyone listening to Nikki ‘Nimrada’ Haley’s wacked out speech last night, would think that she won the Iowa Primary. She didn’t, and she couldn’t even beat a very flawed Ron DeSanctimonious, who’s out of money, and out of hope,” Trump posted on Truth Social.

Trump also recently amplified a post that falsely claimed Haley was ineligible to run for president because her parents were not US citizens at the time of her birth. Haley was born in Bamberg, South Carolina, and is a US citizen.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/16/politics/trump-attacks-haley-birth-name/index.html

Who would back such an assh0le? :thumbsdown:

I'm one who doesn't get why she doesn't use her real name.

9 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Trump misspelled Nimrata as “Nimrada” as he attacked her in a new post on his social media platform Truth Social.

“Anyone listening to Nikki ‘Nimrada’ Haley’s wacked out speech last night, would think that she won the Iowa Primary. She didn’t, and she couldn’t even beat a very flawed Ron DeSanctimonious, who’s out of money, and out of hope,” Trump posted on Truth Social.

Trump also recently amplified a post that falsely claimed Haley was ineligible to run for president because her parents were not US citizens at the time of her birth. Haley was born in Bamberg, South Carolina, and is a US citizen.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/16/politics/trump-attacks-haley-birth-name/index.html

Who would back such an assh0le? :thumbsdown:

You're kind of a pus sy, actually not kind of, you are 

Just now, zsasz said:

I'm one who doesn't get why she doesn't use her real name.

Ask Rafael Cruz.

6 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

Never said he's "my guy". Never will most likely. But, I will hold my nose and vote for him over the alternative at present. That doesn't make me "okay" with anything. Just choosing the lesser of two evils when it comes to governance. 

I didn’t say he was your guy, but if you vote for him, you are sanctioning this conduct to some degree. Sorry, that’s just the way it works 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Sometimes he says dumb sh*t that alienates people. It's not as bad as "grab 'em by the " or the birther nonsense but it's on that trajectory.

It’s not dumb, it’s racist and mean-spirited.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

I didn’t say he was your guy, but if you vote for him, you are sanctioning this conduct to some degree. Sorry, that’s just the way it works 

If I vote for him in the primary, then yes I am. If I vote for him in the general election, then no. I'm voting to save the country from being in the hands of the crazy, reckless, completely off-the-rails, no common sense, tear-the-country-down-piece-by-piece, leftist democratic party. Hope that helps. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

This.

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

Are there similarities between Haley and Clinton’s policies, or just that they’re both women?

Why do you have to ask? How about checking it out for yourself? 

36 minutes ago, Dizkneelande said:

You got me I’m going to vote for the Dem because Trump called someone by their birth name.

He didn’t though

20 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Sometimes he says dumb sh*t that alienates people. It's not as bad as "grab 'em by the pu$$y" or the birther nonsense but it's on that trajectory.

OK just wanted to know what you thought. Most Trump supporters here disagree.

• Sad 1

It’s never good enough for these suburban white liberals that have wouldn’t live within 20 miles of a black city or town that Trump is just an assshole. Nope. He’s a horrible racist and so is everyone that votes for him. 

4 minutes ago, MDC said:

OK just wanted to know what you thought. Most Trump supporters here disagree.

I am not going to defend his rhetoric.  I have always hated it and I wish he didn't act that way.  BUT....I still agree with the conservative points, about 10000000X more than what is happening on the left.   So if that means I have to deal with this kind of immature crap, so be it.    Again, I don't want Trump to win again, but at this point I will take anyone over Biden.   Anyone.

Mean tweets just aren't enough to change my mind.

It’s amazing how liberals see everything as racist in people whose ideas they disagree with but fail to see the racism in themselves.People like this are commonly known as race baiters.

calling someone by their given name is not racist.

is a man who said this qualified to be president?

"'poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids".

Obama is "the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean”

You can't go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent" 

there are dozens more check out.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

It’s amazing how liberals see everything as racist in people whose ideas they disagree with but fail to see the racism in themselves.People like this are commonly known as race baiters.

is a man who said this qualified to be president?

"'poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids".

Obama is "the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean”

You can't go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent" 

there are dozens more check out.

Timmy already told you..Biden is one of the GOOD racists.   Stop picking on him.

6 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

I am not going to defend his rhetoric.  I have always hated it and I wish he didn't act that way.  BUT....I still agree with the conservative points, about 10000000X more than what is happening on the left.   So if that means I have to deal with this kind of immature crap, so be it.    Again, I don't want Trump to win again, but at this point I will take anyone over Biden.   Anyone.

Mean tweets just aren't enough to change my mind.

From my POV, Trump’s policies (tax cuts, deregulation, deficit spending) are boilerplate GOP. The only thing that makes him any different from a Jeb or Romney is that he’s more obviously a colossal ass hole, and that seems to be the appeal. 

I won’t vote for Biden either fwiw.

Congrats to the OP for supporting the propaganda side of the war against Donald . This goes for the rest of you tender heart progressives as well 🖕

Liberals call every single Black conservative an Uncle Tom. GFY. 

1 minute ago, MDC said:

From my POV, Trump’s policies (tax cuts, deregulation, deficit spending) are boilerplate GOP. The only thing that makes him any different from a Jeb or Romney is that he’s more obviously a colossal ass hole, and that seems to be the appeal. 

I'd take other republicans over Trump for sure.  But I only have one vote.  If the people decide Trump is the GOP Nominee, so be it.  

1 minute ago, MDC said:

Fetterman!!! 

😆 What a dumbass you are cack. 

7 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

It is if the only intent is to call attention to their race. 

3 minutes ago, squistion said:

It is if the only intent is to call attention to their race. 

40 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

So you all don't want your kids growing up in a racial jungle. Me neither. :thumbsup:

Go Biden.

Clownzo puts the ass in classless.

Can any of you liberal dolts figure out who said this?

“Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black.”

I'll give you a hint to help out your tiny minds, it's creepy joe biden. 

Full time pedo, full time racist. He can do it all.

1 minute ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Clownzo puts the ass in classless.

You just did the same thing with your little insulting name for him. Look at your avatar. You are obsessed with Donald Trump. He owns your mind. :lol:

• Thanks 1

Just now, Gepetto said:

You just did the same thing with your little insulting name for him. Look at your avatar. You are obsessed with Donald Trump. He owns your mind. :lol:

Trump owns all their minds. TDS hit them hard. The only thing on a liberal's tiny mind since 2015 has been "Get Trump! :cry:"

21 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

I'd take other republicans over Trump for sure.  But I only have one vote.  If the people decide Trump is the GOP Nominee, so be it.  

I can respect that. 

Just now, Gepetto said:

It's not unusual to mention Clownzo in a thread about Clownzo, fruit loop.

It's called a "topic."