Sign in to follow this  
supermike80

***OFFICIAL NFC Championship Lions @ 49ers Thread***

Lol ill eat crow.   Nothing was going good for 9ers and both units adjusted.   Amazing really.

Fire him. 

sounds like a snap reaction after all the success but holy fock 

1 hour ago, Gepetto said:

I don't know but he looked good making that tackle.

74.4 pff rating this year, so he's pretty good

Idk has 2.5 sacks with a bunch of attention on Bosa.   Is considered like a top 5 DE as recently as a year ago.  I saw some absolute dog shlt plays from him.  Seems like he hasn't taken ahold.   

2 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

If they only hd 6 points they could be going for the game winning TD.

Or they might be leading. You’re also talking about giving up field position versus a touchback after a kickoff plus all the momentum swings in favor of SF and the home crowd. 😵💫

1 minute ago, WhiteWonder said:

Or they might be leading. You’re also talking about giving up field position versus a touchback after a kickoff plus all the momentum swings in favor of SF and the home crowd. 😵💫

Agreed

Ha Ha Ha!!!  the coaching reminds me of what the patriots faced for 20 years in the AFC East

Good try Lions

of course they touched it short of 10 yards 🙄 

2 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

good run by the lions, but they turned into the Chargers in the 2nd half

Schottie! 😂 

Well that suckied. Kinda stunned how it went down.

SOL - Same Old Lions - Snatching defeat from the jaws victory.  

• Thanks 1

The Gibbs fumble was the key play. 

• Like 1

Dan Campbell = idiot. Will he ever learn? He should get roasted in Detroit this weekend. Maybe that will wake him up. He lost the game for them.

13 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Dan will go for 2 here

Thats what we were saying. That would have been hilarious.

Brock Purdy 20 for 31  267 yards  1 TD  1 int

comeback win

• Haha 2

Good season by Detroit.   That fall back always sucks when you have a legit chance.   But they will learn.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Good season by Detroit.   That fall back always sucks when you have a legit chance.   But they will learn.  

Gotta win when you can.  Never know what happens.  OC, o line coach, and passing gsme coordinator are as good as good.  D coordinator could be too, but this game could kill that idea.  NFC North is gonna be pretty good next year too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, patweisers44 said:

Gotta win when you can.  Never know what happens.  OC, o line coach, and passing gsme coordinator are as good as good.  D coordinator could be too, but this game could kill that idea.  NFC North is gonna be pretty good next year too.

How I felt with Pack.  Young team not supposed to be there.  Lost a tight game.   Everyone said but outlook is good!   I agree.  But you gotta get em when you can as you say.  Packers could be 5th seed improve run into 9ers and lose handily.    If its there you gotta win.  

Just now, Maximum Overkill said:

Campbell pulled off the ultimate choke job, WTF?

Dan Quinn still retains that title. 

• Thanks 1

Waking up after that defeat and it still stings.   Good season and all and I'm happy about it, but we really missed a chance.  One that may not come up again for a while.

Damn

4 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Waking up after that defeat and it still stings.   Good season and all and I'm happy about it, but we really missed a chance.  One that may not come up again for a while.

Damn

The Lions have nothing to be ashamed of. They'll be in the mix again. Losing their OC will certainly hurt though. 

That was absolutely disappointing. the lions got ZERO pressure all game and it left the inept secondary on an island. The offense playcalling was terrible in the second half and Josh Reynolds personally killed at least 2 drives with drops in huge situations. 

We didn't watch it, but my wife is a normie which means she cared about the game for some reason. As my youngest and I were playing kerplunk and my other kids were playing she looked at her phone and said "oh no the Lions were winning and now it's tied". I just looked at her and nobody else said anything in response. Thankfully she STFU about the game after that.

1 minute ago, Cdub100 said:

We didn't watch it, but my wife is a normie which means she cared about the game for some reason. As my youngest and I were playing kerplunk and my other kids were playing she looked at her phone and said "oh no the Lions were winning and now it's tied". I just looked at her and nobody else said anything in response. Thankfully she STFU about the game after that.

You try way too hard 

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

You try way too hard 

I wasn't trying at all. I don't have anyone else to tell this story to so I posted it here.

We had dinner and went for a nice if not cold walk. My middle daughter won kerplunk. I'm sure you were wondering.

Anyway I'm glad the lions lost. Now everyone can STFU and stop telling me go lions.

I thought the Lions were going to put that game away after the hot start they got off to.  I am still not sure if it was comeback or meltdown in the second half.  The Lions may have an interesting off season.  The toughest thing about continuing to improve is self perception and outside matters.  Outside, other organizations may want to steal members of the coaching staff.  Outside, agents will be whispering destructive praise in players ears, convincing them to hold out for more loot.  Whether Campbell can hold them to a shared vision during an offseason of discontent will be interesting.  I think there will be one more season before rot sets in.