The Real timschochet

What should we do about the drone attack in Jordan?

The first question is what could we have done to prevent it?  That would have been the better "response" but we have an ineffectual, coward, neutered President so here we are.

• Thanks 2

Stop funding Israel’s war and gtfo. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

We should get every soldier we have out of the middle east.  It’s a failed situation but war mongers gonna war

There is $ in war. We are the biggest meddlers on the planet with bases everywhere we can. Where is the german base in the US? We got one there. 

I think Biden needs to sit down with Kamala and figure this out. 

Send in our Jordan expert, Jim Jordan.  Send him in at night, a HALO insertion, with a combat knife and a bow with exploding arrowheads.  Let him get retribution for us all.

We will probably just send them money. Isn't that Biden's MO right now with all of these countries at war? 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

We should get every soldier we have out of the middle east.  It’s a failed situation but war mongers gonna war

The reason we have troops in the Middle East is because our economy depends on a stable flow of oil from that region. 

Just now, The Real timschochet said:

The reason we have troops in the Middle East is because our economy depends on a stable flow of oil from that region. 

Does now. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Does now. 

Thanks President Biden!

Does now. 

For about the last 50 years or so. We could change that but it would take a lot of effort, money and time. It’s not something we can change overnight. 

2 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

For about the last 50 years or so. We could change that but it would take a lot of effort, money and time. It’s not something we can change overnight. 

Less would be better. Gives you leverage. Biden gave that up.  Here we are. 

4 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

We were closer to pulling out of there with Trump in office, having more energy independence. 

But Biden got a little signature happy with all those EOs and here we are again. 

5 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Or care to 

Less would be better. Gives you leverage. Biden gave that up.  Here we are. 

Under Biden oil production in this country has increased far more than it ever did under Trump: 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/12/31/us-oil-production-has-hit-record-under-biden-he-hardly-mentions-it/

But in terms of this discussion it really doesn’t make any difference. We need the Middle East oil flow to be stable. 

1 minute ago, TheNewGirl said:

We were closer to pulling out of there with Trump in office, having more energy independence. 

But Biden got a little signature happy with all those EOs and here we are again. 

This just doesn’t match the facts. Biden has pursued energy independence far more than Trump has. But it won’t make any difference. 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

gee if only we had a time where we became net exporters only to have that turned around by your war machine

Bomb Syria and Iran into rubble... send in troops to finish off the massacre. Make the response so grotesque and over-the-top (Israel style) that nobody dares to mess with the U.S.

I don't cotton to "head in sand" policies. The attackers forgot the U.S. has the most powerful military in the world. Time to flex that muscle to remind them along with everyone else.

38 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Our economy relies on the petrodollar 

33 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

We should've blown the entire ME off the map decades ago

Ok. So one of my friends in school back in the 80s was a big political dreamer. He actual ended up writing speeches for certain government officials later in life as he was a really good writer, but whatever. He was a political junkie. Anyway, he loved talking politics at a young age. And he also knew history like no one else. One day at a bar having drinks back in the 80s, he turns to me and said, "Let me tell you something, and remember I said this. The United States should right now act like a huge scouring pad and completely scour out the Middle East. It's as obvious a rational decision as any there is on this planet."

Still is. 

• Like 1

Everything Biden has done is great and everything Trump did was wrong. Then why? 

7 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Ok. So one of my friends in school back in the 80s was a big political dreamer. He actual ended up writing speeches for certain government officials later in life as he was a really good writer, but whatever. He was a political junkie. Anyway, he loved talking politics at a young age. And he also knew history like no one else. One day at a bar having drinks back in the 80s, he turns to me and said, "Let me tell you something, and remember I said this. The United States should right now act like a huge scouring pad and completely scour out the Middle East. It's as obvious a rational decision as any there is on this planet."

Still is. 

You're friend is based.

Count up the number of attacks.  I think it is above 120 now in the past few months.  Agree to an eye for an eye as to number but announce massive retribution as our policy as to responses in kind.  If they launch one missle we respond to that incident with 20 missles. One drone we send in an air wing.  We don't initiate, we respond.  Where we initiate is we declare that the costs of our responses will be taken from them.  We will interdict their oil until they pay us first.  We will also tell them that American lives are worth 10 billion dollars and wounds to americans are worth 100 million.  Those debts too will have to be paid before any interdiction is lifted.  Tell them they are welcome to enter the community of nations but not on their terms.

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Everything Biden has done is great and everything Trump did was wrong. Then why? 

These focks have a retort to everything 🤣

12 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

These focks have a retort to everything 🤣

So true. Border has been unsecured for three years and it’s Trumps fault. Can’t make it up. 

32 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Still is. 

We need to hurry up. They’re getting out and spreading around the world, including Merica. 

• Like 1

I'm not sure what we should do, but I know one thing.

I'm so happy we have someone as capable as Joe Biden in the white house. I can't think of anyone more put together, sharper, and able to handle the stress of WW3.

Thank you RINOS and liberals for putting us in the best possible position to fight the upcoming war.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Cdub100 said:

I'm not sure what we should do, but I know one thing.

I'm so happy we have someone as capable as Joe Biden in the white house. I can't think of anyone more put together, sharper, and able to handle the stress of WW3.

Thank you RINOS and liberals for putting us in the best possible position to fight the upcoming war.

It is a comforting feeling to know how respected we are around the world and by other world leaders that nobody would try and take advantage of us. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

It is a comforting feeling to know how respected we are around the world and by other world leaders that nobody would try and take advantage of us. 

This kind of shows how respected he is by the world. 

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

More on Biden and oil production: 

https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/09/business/oil-production-biden-trump/index.html

https://www.krtv.com/the-us-hits-record-oil-production-levels-under-biden-administration

This argument that Trump did more than Biden on this issue is simply the opposite of the actual facts. 

So you're saying that Biden reversed course on the Democrat oil agenda, and no one on the Democrat side is condemning him for it?

What should we do about the Jordan drone attack?

We should give Ukraine, Israel, and Iran more money. We should probably put sanctions on Texas too.

Just now, lickin_starfish said:

What should we do about the Jordan drone attack?

We should give Ukraine, Israel, and Iran more money. We should probably put sanctions on Texas too.

Great plan. When do we start? Oh wait. 

2 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Under Biden oil production in this country has increased far more than it ever did under Trump: 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/12/31/us-oil-production-has-hit-record-under-biden-he-hardly-mentions-it/

But in terms of this discussion it really doesn’t make any difference. We need the Middle East oil flow to be stable. 

Nope, the data doesn't support that.  Start looking at the data instead of reading biased (or any) news sources.  I'm a data geek and could care less about the politics.

U.S. Field Production of Crude Oil (Thousand Barrels per Day)

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=PET&s=MCRFPUS2&f=M

Under Trump

Jan 2017 - 8,874  >  Dec 2020 - 11,172;  Low - 8,874 Peak - 13,000

Under Biden

Jan 2020 - 11,137  >  Oct 2023 - 13,248; Low - 9,916 Peak - 13,248

I would say that Trump had a much more of an impact on oil production than Biden.

3 minutes ago, Twinsdad said:

Nope, the data doesn't support that.  Start looking at the data instead of reading biased (or any) news sources.  I'm a data geek and could care less about the politics.

U.S. Field Production of Crude Oil (Thousand Barrels per Day)

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=PET&s=MCRFPUS2&f=M

Under Trump

Jan 2017 - 8,874  >  Dec 2020 - 11,172;  Low - 8,874 Peak - 13,000

Under Biden

Jan 2020 - 11,137  >  Oct 2023 - 13,248; Low - 9,916 Peak - 13,248

I would say that Trump had a much more of an impact on oil production than Biden.

The numbers you’re posting here are all higher under Biden. So I don’t understand your point.