Photo

Recommend a movie available on NETFLIX instant.

• Please log in to reply
740 replies to this topic

#641 RaiderHater's Revenge

RaiderHater's Revenge

FF Geek

• Members
  • 15,517 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 02:39 PM

Watched "The Founder" on Netflix this week, story of Ray Kroc, guy who built the McDonald's franchises.   Really, good, Keaton was excellent.  

I just watched that 2 weeks ago, I found it very captivating, man if Ray Kroc was like that what a cutthroat, my kind of business man

funny, I went into Mcdonalds Wednesday and saw a kael salad and siracha burger, and thought the 2 brothers must be rolling over in their graves, as well as RAK

The fries were definitely not cooked at 400 degrees though

never knew Mcdonalds made a all their money basically off of real estate

Suck it Rockford---

The Right protests the killing of babies, the left protests EVERYTHING else

#642 supermike80

supermike80

FF Geek

• Members
  • 11,135 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 03:29 PM

The show Master of None is pretty good.  

Of course Glow is awesome.

The Crown is excellent--especially John Lithgow-hes good in everything

Right now they have the Eagles documentary.  One of the best rock docs ever made.

Love when Joe Wassh joins the band and this quote from Glenn Frey

Plus Walsh saying one of the most terrible things to happen to him was Keith Moon liked him  HA HA HA

If you are going to debate me on this bulletin board,

start with this premise..

You win.  And I don't care.

#643 shotsup

shotsup

FF Geek

• Members
  • 32,592 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 03:48 PM

When Hell Freezes Over was good.

There is a Tom Petty doc that is 4 hours long. I like Tom and all but 4 hours ??

Bob Weir one was excellent and I am no where near being a Dead fan.
“It takes only one drink to get me drunk. The trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or the fourteenth.”
~George Burns

#644 Cloaca du jour

Cloaca du jour

FF Geek

• Members
  • 5,457 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 04:12 PM

Rogue One

Star wars geek alert!!

#645 Hardcore troubadour

Hardcore troubadour

FF Geek

• Members
  • 36,085 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 04:28 PM

No way....good doc though. Can easily see how that would happen and spiral out of control. Another reason I couldn't be a cop.
I'd be on the take. Banging prostitutes. Planting crap on dirtballs.

His brother got screwed over. He was never cool with his brother. He moved from Long Island to Orange County to get away from him and his family. He was a few months away from getting his detective shield and they tossed him back to patrol. He later passed the Sergeant test and they had no choice but to promote him because that's civil service. He has another brother who is/was a fireman that got jammed up because he was hanging his junk out of the fire truck window in manhattan amongst other perverted acts. The Dowd boys do not suffer from the Irish curse.

#646 naomi

naomi

FF Geek

• Members
  • 13,361 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 08:02 PM

I watched a movie called "The Way Back" last night, pretty good if you like survival stories based on real life. 

Great movie :thumbsup:

#647 iam90sbaby

iam90sbaby

FF Geek

• Members
  • 7,955 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 08:48 PM

Banking on Bitcoin (2017) new release on Netflix. Really good. 

#648 kutulu

kutulu

FF Geek

• Members
  • 56,917 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 02:01 PM

So this falls in the weird movie category i guess so it might not be your cup of tea... Think Donnie Darko or Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind or being John Malkovich for a kind of comparison.... Buster's Mal Heart. Stars the dude from Mr. Robot. Not great but good enough that I watched the whole thing and I'm quick to bail on Netflix movies.
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human faceforever.

#649 MDC

MDC

FF Geek

• Members
  • 55,451 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 02:48 PM

Watched I Don't Feel at Home in this World Anymore with Elijah Wood last weekend.

It had a real Coen Bros feel with a pair of inept vigilantes and incompetent criminals. Great soundtrack, darkly funny and violent - I loved it! Highly recommended.
This is my signature. There are many others like it, but this one is mine.

#650 Hardcore troubadour

Hardcore troubadour

FF Geek

• Members
  • 36,085 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 04:40 PM

Watched I Don't Feel at Home in this World Anymore with Elijah Wood last weekend.

It had a real Coen Bros feel with a pair of inept vigilantes and incompetent criminals. Great soundtrack, darkly funny and violent - I loved it! Highly recommended.

Yeah, I watched it because some doofus recommended it. Kept waiting for it to get good and it didn't. Sucked.

#651 vuduchile

vuduchile

FF Geek

• Members
  • 15,946 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 04:59 PM

I just watched that 2 weeks ago, I found it very captivating, man if Ray Kroc was like that what a cutthroat, my kind of business man

funny, I went into Mcdonalds Wednesday and saw a kael salad and siracha burger, and thought the 2 brothers must be rolling over in their graves, as well as RAK

The fries were definitely not cooked at 400 degrees though

never knew Mcdonalds made a all their money basically off of real estate

Watched this last night. Very entertaining

#652 kutulu

kutulu

FF Geek

• Members
  • 56,917 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 05:00 PM

:unsure:
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human faceforever.

#653 MDC

MDC

FF Geek

• Members
  • 55,451 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 05:34 PM

Yeah, I watched it because some doofus recommended it. Kept waiting for it to get good and it didn't. Sucked.

I liked it.

#654 kilroy69

kilroy69

FF Geek

• Members
  • 27,248 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 05:38 PM

Maybe slow wasn't the right word but people seem to either love it or hate it, imo.

didn't like it. At all. I have watched it through and through multiple times. Does nothing for me. At all.
Its still not a hummingbird.

#655 tanatastic

tanatastic

FF Geek

• Members
  • 23,097 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 06:43 PM

Banking on Bitcoin (2017) new release on Netflix. Really good. 

You are like a walking pyramid scheme. You prob have Herbalife bumper stickers on your car.

#656 IGotWorms

IGotWorms

FF Geek

• Members
  • 52,326 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 07:27 PM

Dude, you are pathetic :(

#657 Hardcore troubadour

Hardcore troubadour

FF Geek

• Members
  • 36,085 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 07:31 PM

Dude, you are pathetic :(

Ya know, since you returned from your safe space/ substance abuse facility, I haven't engaged with you, because I think you are human garbage and the kind of guy who would never run his mouth in RL. Why do you feel the need to engage me? Go away. Again. You weren't missed.

#658 shotsup

shotsup

FF Geek

• Members
  • 32,592 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 07:57 PM

Ya know, since you returned from your safe space/ substance abuse facility, I haven't engaged with you, because I think you are human garbage and the kind of guy who would never run his mouth in RL. Why do you feel the need to engage me? Go away. Again. You weren't missed.

HT is a kewl dood
“It takes only one drink to get me drunk. The trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or the fourteenth.”
~George Burns

#659 iam90sbaby

iam90sbaby

FF Geek

• Members
  • 7,955 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 06:19 PM

Listening (2014) 

#660 Cruzer

Cruzer

FF Geek

• Members
  • 43,454 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 02:22 PM

Season 4 of the Blacklist is finally freaking on Netflix.

#661 kutulu

kutulu

FF Geek

• Members
  • 56,917 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 03:34 PM

White Gold

#662 IGotWorms

IGotWorms

FF Geek

• Members
  • 52,326 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 06:44 PM

Netflix seems to be getting kinda sh1tty besides their original content. Think all this competition is starting to take a toll

#663 kutulu

kutulu

FF Geek

• Members
  • 56,917 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 05:18 PM

If you like shows like forensic files or making a murderer... The Confession Tapes seems pretty good. Watching episode 2 of 7.

#664 kutulu

kutulu

FF Geek

• Members
  • 56,917 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 07:31 AM

I know there's a bunch of sites that will tell you what's new on Netflix but this is my favorite cause it tells you by day, updating each day and they include the movie promotional picture/poster

https://www.justwatc...der/netflix/new

Not just Netflix either... You can filter by a bunch of different content options... Amazon, Hulu, history, etc

#665 iam90sbaby

iam90sbaby

FF Geek

• Members
  • 7,955 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 03:14 PM

I know there's a bunch of sites that will tell you what's new on Netflix but this is my favorite cause it tells you by day, updating each day and they include the movie promotional picture/poster

https://www.justwatc...der/netflix/new

Not just Netflix either... You can filter by a bunch of different content options... Amazon, Hulu, history, etc

Good link.  :thumbsup:

#666 parrot

parrot

FF Geek

• Members
  • 31,429 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:40 AM

Just watched the first season of 'Bloodline'.  Had never heard of it before happening  across something about it a while ago.  Very good show; excellent cast, good writing, and some great cinematography set in the Florida Keys.  

Idiots doing idiot things because they're idiots.  

#667 supermike80

supermike80

FF Geek

• Members
  • 11,135 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 12:57 PM

Just watched the first season of 'Bloodline'.  Had never heard of it before happening  across something about it a while ago.  Very good show; excellent cast, good writing, and some great cinematography set in the Florida Keys.  

Season one is good, after that.  Meh.  

#668 supermike80

supermike80

FF Geek

• Members
  • 11,135 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 12:57 PM

Season one is good, after that.  Meh.  

#669 nzoner

nzoner

FF Geek

• Members
  • 9,752 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 08:29 PM

Just watched this tonight,guy was one sick focker

"NOTHING MATTERS BUT THE WEEKEND,FROM A TUESDAY POINT OF VIEW."

#670 iam90sbaby

iam90sbaby

FF Geek

• Members
  • 7,955 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 12:54 PM

The Cloverfield Parabox was pretty good if you are into time travel/alternate universe stuff.

#671 MDC

MDC

FF Geek

• Members
  • 55,451 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 01:13 PM

The Ritual was slightly better than average:

#672 parrot

parrot

FF Geek

• Members
  • 31,429 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 12:55 PM

Watched "Wind River" last night.  It's from the guy who wrote "Hell or High Water" and "Sicario".  Pretty solid.  Didn't realize there was a younger, non-psycho Olsen sister.  She's pretty good in it.  

Idiots doing idiot things because they're idiots.  

#673 vuduchile

vuduchile

FF Geek

• Members
  • 15,946 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 01:01 PM

Sneaky Pete is pretty decent.

On season 2 now

#674 kutulu

kutulu

FF Geek

• Members
  • 56,917 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 01:04 PM

I like sneaky Pete... Just started season two. Not on Netflix though

#675 vuduchile

vuduchile

FF Geek

• Members
  • 15,946 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 01:47 PM

I like sneaky Pete... Just started season two. Not on Netflix though

Oh yeah. Amazon

#676 Cdub100

Cdub100

FF Geek

• Members
  • 23,100 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 09:07 PM

Just finished The Ravenous I kinda liked it for a zombie movie, but I didn't understand WTF these people where doing. The best part of the movie is the tension. 

“for family, for freedom, for country, and for God” - President Donald J. Trump

#677 IGotWorms

IGotWorms

FF Geek

• Members
  • 52,326 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 08:27 AM

Just finished The Ravenous I kinda liked it for a zombie movie, but I didn't understand WTF these people where doing. The best part of the movie is the tension. 

Ravenous with guy pierce was pretty awesome. Very original

#678 MDC

MDC

FF Geek

• Members
  • 55,451 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 09:18 AM

Ravenous with guy pierce was pretty awesome. Very original

That was great.

I watched Under the Shadow on Netflix last week. Its a ghost movie that takes place in Tehran during the Iran/Iraq war. Reminded me a little of the Babadook. I liked it.

#679 IGotWorms

IGotWorms

FF Geek

• Members
  • 52,326 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 11:31 AM

That was great.

I watched Under the Shadow on Netflix last week. Its a ghost movie that takes place in Tehran during the Iran/Iraq war. Reminded me a little of the Babadook. I liked it.

Ill check it out :thumbsup:

#680 kutulu

kutulu

FF Geek

• Members
  • 56,917 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 07:58 PM

Oh yeah. Amazon

another pretty decent show on Amazon Prime is The Take, a four episode British miniseries... Stars Tom Hardy.