Sign in to follow this  
Big Guy

Cam Newton

It is fun having a team this good to follow though in the NFL. I can only imagine what Patriot fan has felt the past decade or how much fun Cowboy fan's were having in the 90's. I haven't been posting much about them mainly because I didn't want to be an insufferable douche like they seem to be. :)

It is fun having a team this good to follow though in the NFL. I can only imagine what Patriot fan has felt the past decade or how much fun Cowboy fan's were having in the 90's. I haven't been posting much about them mainly because I didn't want to be an insufferable douche like they seem to be. :)

That ship sailed long ago :thumbsup:

I have to say I'm enjoying watching the Panthers this year. Would love to see them and the Pats in the SB again. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I'm just glad Carolina finally got their act together. They've had a good team for a while. Defense has always been top notch. This year they are playing to their potential. Benjamin getting hurt earlier made me think the season was over with but they are winning without him. Everyone has stepped up and the team is finally clicking

Newton is in a 3 way race for MVP with Brady and Palmer IMO. Couldn't argue if he won it; he has been phenomenal with crappy weapons. :thumbsup:

He's a cocky sob, simple as that. :mad:

He'd be on his ass If I were on the field

of course I'd have to retire after that, due to old age and lack of conditioning :P

I enjoy watching him play(except when he beat the Packers). Sometimes he might be over zealous in his celebrations, but mostly I see a guy who LOVES to play and win, good for him.

Unlike Deon Sanders, you know Cam Newton is NEVER making business decisions when he plays.

Newton is in a 3 way race for MVP with Brady and Palmer IMO. Couldn't argue if he won it; he has been phenomenal with crappy weapons. :thumbsup:

I think it was Newton or Brady, and now it's pretty much just Newton. Barring any big change down the stretch

I think it was Newton or Brady, and now it's pretty much just Newton. Barring any big change down the stretch

Yeah. Definitely Newton's to lose at this point.

Love watching this dude play, I thought with the weapons he had this year the team would be mediocre at best. I think he is the MVP and I really don't see how it is close.

Also, and I can't stand when people who do what I am about to do but.... The tone of people who don't seem to like Cam comes off as racist to me, they don't like his mannerisms or his celebrations... As a kid who grew up in the ghetto, played basketball past the high school level, spent a lot of time around black athletes, I have a nose for the way people act towards someone of another race and how they perceive those actions. I watched it my entire childhood into becoming an adult, it makes my skin crawl when I start to hear someone mention the way a successful black athlete celebrates or conducts himself. What he does is done in a way that is playful and not disrespectful. You are exposing yourself as someone who will never understand any other culture or upbringing other than your own. It is quite sad.

I mean, somebody in this thread mentioned the amount of pads he wears, this guy takes and absolute beating and gives his body up for the team. Somebody is really going to whine about the amount of pads he wears? Really? He is phenomenal in short yardage and goal line situations, he should have every type of pad that is possibly available.

Anyway, I'll get off my soapbox, carry on fine folks.

The tone of people who don't seem to like Cam comes off as racist to me, they don't like his mannerisms or his celebrations...

I was kind of thinking the same thing. His Superman thing is really no different than Rodgers' belt move.

I was kind of thinking the same thing. His Superman thing is really no different than Rodgers' belt move.

Excellent point.

My six year old does the Cam Newton Superman move all the time. He'll be outside playing with his friends playing tag or hide and go seek or whatever game they are playing and if he wins he'll do the Superman thing. I find it comical. But the best is my six year old and three year old have #58 and #59 Panther Jerseys. Luke Kuechly and Thomas Davis. They put them on and run down the stairs with a nerf football and ask me to play "Panthers" The couch is the endzone, they stand in front of it and I have to run (on my knees) and try to score. They bum rush me and jump on my back and try to bring me down. Good Times. Love this team.

Love watching this dude play, I thought with the weapons he had this year the team would be mediocre at best. I think he is the MVP and I really don't see how it is close.

Also, and I can't stand when people who do what I am about to do but.... The tone of people who don't seem to like Cam comes off as racist to me, they don't like his mannerisms or his celebrations... As a kid who grew up in the ghetto, played basketball past the high school level, spent a lot of time around black athletes, I have a nose for the way people act towards someone of another race and how they perceive those actions. I watched it my entire childhood into becoming an adult, it makes my skin crawl when I start to hear someone mention the way a successful black athlete celebrates or conducts himself. What he does is done in a way that is playful and not disrespectful. You are exposing yourself as someone who will never understand any other culture or upbringing other than your own. It is quite sad.

I mean, somebody in this thread mentioned the amount of pads he wears, this guy takes and absolute beating and gives his body up for the team. Somebody is really going to whine about the amount of pads he wears? Really? He is phenomenal in short yardage and goal line situations, he should have every type of pad that is possibly available.

Anyway, I'll get off my soapbox, carry on fine folks.

If being an ass is a ghetto thing, then yeah, I don't like black people.

And yes please get off your soapbox already, that was uncalled for.

If being an ass is a ghetto thing, then yeah, I don't like black people.

Way to acquit yourself :lol:

I enjoy watching him play(except when he beat the Packers). Sometimes he might be over zealous in his celebrations, but mostly I see a guy who LOVES to play and win, good for him.

Unlike Deon Sanders, you know Cam Newton is NEVER making business decisions when he plays.

He made a business decision tonight.

Show boater, big time sore loser.

They usually go hand in hand.

:thumbsdown:

He's still a kid. Cut him some slack

big time sore loser

It's funny you say that. His post game presser reminded me of Bill Belichick after a loss. It was short answers with little emotion.

The loss hurt. That's okay folks.

Good grief. Let's not try so hard to make up things to talk about.

It's funny you say that. His post game presser reminded me of Bill Belichick after a loss. It was short answers with little emotion.

The loss hurt. That's okay folks.

Good grief. Let's not try so hard to make up things to talk about.

lose with dignity, he did not give one ounce of credit to Denver.

You don't see belichick show boating when winning do ya ?

Take his sack out of your mouth for a second and admit he was classless in defeat.

He made a business decision tonight.

I said exactly that on that fumble, can't believe he didn't dive into that pile.

Take his sack out of your mouth for a second and admit he was classless in defeat.

versus classless all the time like Patriot fans.

classless all the time > cry baby all the time packer fans

I'm not going to get I with him. Patriot fan saying anything about losing with dignity and 'class' isn't worth my time.

Cam was sulking and giving short answers, yes. But he congratulated Peyton after the game, he said their defense played great. It was a tough loss, nothing more to see here.

It's merely the Cam haters finally finding something to complain about.

I'm not going to get I with him. Patriot fan saying anything about losing with dignity and 'class' isn't worth my time.

Cam was sulking and giving short answers, yes. But he congratulated Peyton after the game, he said their defense played great. It was a tough loss, nothing more to see here.

It's merely the Cam haters finally finding something to complain about.

I am a Patriots fan and I have no problem with Newton. I like a guy who is not a good loser. He'll learn what to say at press conferences.

Newton for whatever reason has a lot of haters. He might be a good guy behind the scene but he is considered cocky by some fans. If cam Newton and Russell Wilson become this generation's Manning and Brady, then Newton is Brady and Wilson is Manning as far as likability. Everything Brady does or says is under a microscope because he has a legion of haters. Newton is the same way. If you are a Panthers fan get used to it and embrace it. Otherwise you become a bitter Patriot fan like some of the whiners on here. I am a Patriots fan who loves being the hated team. I love listening to Eagles fans and Ravens fans whine about anything Brady does. Newton is never going to be loved by the masses. The haters are going to look for tiny things to justify their hate.

Nice to see SuperCam show his true colors in front of 100 million and dive for that fumble.

• Like 1

Nice to see SuperCam show his true colors in front of 100 million and dive for that fumble.

yep, pussay...also cost me my 7-6 250$ square :cry:

Show boater, big time sore loser.

They usually go hand in hand.

classless all the time > cry baby all the time packer fans

Nope, looks like you have the market cornered on being classless and crybaby. Why don't you make another thread :cry: about PSI.

Nope, looks like you have the market cornered on being classless and crybaby. Why don't you make another thread :cry: about PSI.

Drobs has only been a football fans since 2000, cut the kid some slack. Like Cam he will grow up eventually.

:lol:

When the biggest showboat is also the sorest loser ... yeah, not a combo to strive for

great example for the kids

When the biggest showboat is also the sorest loser ... yeah, not a combo to strive for

To tell you the truth, I don't mind the press conference bit, but I can see how someone would get annoyed. What bothered me was the antics on the sideline, that isn't a leader, not yet. You have to have more self control than that if you're going to be the man.

• Like 1

I was busy playing cards and not paying 100% attention to the game.

How many times did Cam dab yesterday?

To tell you the truth, I don't mind the press conference bit, but I can see how someone would get annoyed. What bothered me was the antics on the sideline, that isn't a leader, not yet. You have to have more self control than that if you're going to be the man.

SO the baby flopping tantrum in the endzone didn't bother you?

Ya'll see Cam's sideline drop after Denver got a big penalty in second half? Screams and drops to the ground like a toddler in a tantrum. Who reacts like that?

Perhaps he has early CTE.