Sign in to follow this  
tanatastic

Canned: how many times and for what?

What jobs have you gotten fired from and what was the reason? As a kid I got booted from Circuit city finally after too many write ups for pointless shat. I had been saving all my pto and never called in sick or used a minute of it. So when I got the boot, which I knew was coming, they gave me a fat check for all the saved time. I did some good partying with that and lounged around on unemployment for more than a year. Sighh, those were the days.

I think I'm pretty open and honest with you guys about a lot of things I don't talk to other people about. But I'm admittedly and fully admit I'm a terrible worker.

Definitely a character flaw of mine but I just never found something I was passionate about and didn't have the temperament to just grind away at a job I didn't like. Luckily I married a rich girl and I'm a stay-at-home dad. And I love kids so.

But I would venture to guess I've been fired by at least 5 jobs.

One was the company downsized and wanted me to take a lower paying job than my supervisor position and I told them to f*** off in the office. That was okay I hated that place anyway.

One was an insurance job I just wasn't cut out for. Did my best but I saw it coming and was okay with it.

Two of them were in annuities and there are certain numbers you have to have an I got tired of dealing with people and had a case of the fuckits.

Jesus I hate working. So glad I don't have to do that s*** anymore.

I think I'm pretty open and honest with you guys about a lot of things I don't talk to other people about. But I'm admittedly and fully admit I'm a terrible worker.

Definitely a character flaw of mine but I just never found something I was passionate about and didn't have the temperament to just grind away at a job I didn't like. Luckily I married a rich girl and I'm a stay-at-home dad. And I love kids so.

One was the company downsized and wanted me to take a lower paying job than my supervisor position and I told them to f*** off in the office. That was okay I hated that place anyway.

One was an insurance job I just wasn't cut out for. Did my best but I saw it coming and was okay with it.

Two of them were in annuities and there are certain numbers you have to have an I got tired of dealing with people and had a case of the fuckits.

Careful admitting that...a few like the neckless wonder will claim you aren't a real man.

I've been downsized once, and fired once. The firing was one of my employees stole money from the safe (I had left the kegs on my desk) and I was responsible for it.

Fired once for failing to disclose a personal relationship with one of my managers. I eventually married and divorced her.

Downsized twice.

Fired once. I called in sick on a Friday and told them I'd miss my weekend shifts giving advance notice so they could get help. When I came into work the following Monday, they fired me for not calling in sick each day.

I was moving out of town a couple months later regardless, but nonetheless angered me with the petty move

To many to count. But they were all before college. I had zero intention at staying at any of them. Just wanted to experience as many jobs as I could. The A&P food store. Fired for giving my friends beer one week in. House Works. Fired for telling an elderly black lady to take her dog for a "ride" when all of the advice I gave her about protecting the wiring in her house wasn't good enough for her or Precious. The Winn Dixie cold storage warehouse night shift. Got bored one night two weeks in. Started playing demolition derby with the fork lift. Pizza Hut. Went to a Christmas party one week in. Told the black manager at the Christmas party that I was sorry for the way white people treated her grandmother and how I always wanted to have the sex with a black chick. That was drunk Bunny not intentionally trying to get fired👻 Was a lifeguard who let two black kids tie up a white boys hands with life preserver chords behind his back and throw him in the pool. Worked a Christmas tree lot. Told a dad he was a "cheap motherfawker" for not buying the 12 Ft Frazier Fur his hot wife with big cans wanted. But my all time fav.....was when I did custodial work. I cleaned banks. Took out the garbage. Dusted the desks. And a myraid of other sh!t. One night, a week in, I'm at the walk up ATM machine inside the bank. This guy and his girlfriend are outside the bank. He withdrawals his money and I say through the wall "Fawk her! I Did! What's up Janet?" Instant firing the next day.

All in all, I had fun.

Careful admitting that...a few like the neckless wonder will claim you aren't a real man.

Rmff. And he would be right

My brother took like a year and a half off from working around the age of 20. I dont get that at all. I always liked having money to spend so not having a job never entered my mind.

Got fired from a fast food retaurant for calling in sick once. Got fired from a telemarketing job. I actually asked to be fired so that I wouldnt even have an option to go back to that horrible job, no matter how desperate I was

Just once but not really. It was a political job. They can appoint ya and they can disappoint ya. :wave:

Just once but not really. It was a political job. They can appoint ya and they can disappoint ya. :wave:

My first firing was the same. I was a lawyer in a state agency, and the republicans one the state house and appointed their own head to our department. He had his own lawyers.

Once in college from Herbergers. The department manager was a snot 18 year old knocked up b!tch who'do worked there for 3 years. Knew everything about work and life. Thought herself the next ceo of the company. After a few days I got sick of her b!cthing and down talk hold her off. Her boss said she complained and they had a zero writeup policy when on probation.

I was a junior in college at the time. I just said fine and walked out. I used to really regret I never laid into him about what a fockstick he/she was. Though he was literally shaking when he handed me my write up.My vindication is I'm betting they both still work there 20 years later. :)

Once in college from Herbergers. The department manager was a snot 18 year old knocked up b!tch who'do worked there for 3 years. Knew everything about work and life. Thought herself the next ceo of the company. After a few days I got sick of her b!cthing and down talk hold her off. Her boss said she complained and they had a zero writeup policy when on probation.

I was a junior in college at the time. I just said fine and walked out. I used to really regret I never laid into him about what a fockstick he/she was. My vindication is I'm betting they both still work there 20 years later. :)

My first job was bagging groceries. $4.25 an hour.

There was one guy there who was 40 something. Had been working there for twenty five years. With his incremental raises, he was making like $13 an hour or so.

He used to gloat, and say things like "I bet it p!sses you guys off that I make so much more than you."

I said, "not really. If I'm still here in 25 years I will save my money, so that I can buy a gun to eat."

That was my first write up ever.

1 out of 3 jobs but it was a restaurant which I just ate at yesterday and still friends with the family that owns and employees coincidentally. Is it bad I've let more people go than I've ever been terminated? :(

Has cyclone attempted to poke fun at somebody else's type of employment?

I'll let you try to connect the dots, I'll also give you some time because that will probably take a while.

Been laid off; never fired.

Same, twice. Back in 09 and 10, bad times.

Somebody above said they liked to work when they were young so that they had spending money. That wasn't me. I grew up kinda poor and didn't spend a lot of money. My work during college was driven solely by how much I needed to pay that year based on how much I made over the summer.

Right after college I took a temporary job in the golf industry working for an old boss on his teaching pro staff.

When you work at a country club in this area, you go on seasonal unemployment during the winter months... at least at the clubs around me. While I was on seasonal unemployment, the club was bought out by a golf management company and they cleaned house.

Didn't matter as I was getting a new, real job anyway but technically I was let go.

Has cyclone attempted to poke fun at somebody else's type of employment?

I'll let you try to connect the dots, I'll also give you some time because that will probably take a while.

Have I, other than an old joke calling drobs a plumber that has gone around this site for years?

Walked off a waiter job I had after college because the boss was a Kunt. Didn't care as I was going to grad school that fall

I could tell you were an annuity jockey in the thread we bantered back and forth in.

I could tell you were an annuity jockey in the thread we bantered back and forth in.

Ha..its a racket man. Such a scam. Glad im out of that line of work.

canned chicken is very underrated

Fired once from a video store for missing a meeting,b!tch manager didn't say a word until I had restocked all the videos dropped in the overnight return and got the store ready for opening.

Ha..its a racket man. Such a scam. Glad im out of that line of work.

Not to argue again but annuities do have their place. When you work for an insurance company on 100% commission you tend to see the worst of the worst in the industry.

Not to argue again but annuities do have their place. When you work for an insurance company on 100% commission you tend to see the worst of the worst in the industry.

True. They do have their place for people that live till 110 years old.. Just kidding..ha. :)