Sign in to follow this  
TD Ryan2

NFL TV Ratings Down Sharply

I'd love to go to a Falcons game but the only way to get good tickets is to ask someone who is a season holder.

Sadly, even if you're at the staduim people scream and yell the entire time. I long for my television so I can know what the heck is going on.

I think it's rude that they yell so much.

real people don't buy tickets anymore, the secondary market does.

stubhub and the likes have ruined the prices of tickets, not ticketmaster.

being able to scalp without leaving the house has ruined ticket prices.

Why did the red sox sell out for 15 years straight at their ridiculous asking prices? the same company that works with the red sox. Stub hub

congress shuts down online poker, doesn't give a sh1t about illegal ticket selling. That's america for you.

Agreed...its a total joke.

Already high ticket prices just become even higher.

Add in wanting $10 for a beer...$7-8 for a coke...another $10+ for crappy food for each person.

We may just get a parking pass for the game...go down, tailgate and enjoy...then drive home and catch up to the game on DVR. Fock all that other crap.

real people don't buy tickets anymore, the secondary market does.

stubhub and the likes have ruined the prices of tickets, not ticketmaster.

being able to scalp without leaving the house has ruined ticket prices.

Why did the red sox sell out for 15 years straight at their ridiculous asking prices? the same company that works with the red sox. Stub hub

congress shuts down online poker, doesn't give a sh1t about illegal ticket selling. That's america for you.

In the titans case, when people stopped renewing their season tickets to a crap product, the team sold them to brokers. So now it is visiting fans paradise. We will never get those tix back eaither.

Agreed...its a total joke.

Already high ticket prices just become even higher.

Add in wanting $10 for a beer...$7-8 for a coke...another $10+ for crappy food for each person.

We may just get a parking pass for the game...go down, tailgate and enjoy...then drive home and catch up to the game on DVR. Fock all that other crap.

It's like a concert. I've always said, why not just go tailgate, hang out with people, listen to music, then leave when the concert starts.

Never done it, but it makes total sense.

It's like a concert. I've always said, why not just go tailgate, hang out with people, listen to music, then leave when the concert starts.

Never done it, but it makes total sense.

:thumbsup:

Always have a better time at the tailgate. Always..

I know a few people that do this to the Raiders games. They go, tailgate, and the group they're with has two TVs with the indoor antennas so they get FOX and CBS and just watch the game in the parking lot. They probably have more fun than anyone in the stadium, because they can beat traffic win or lose

I know a few people that do this to the Raiders games. They go, tailgate, and the group they're with has two TVs with the indoor antennas so they get FOX and CBS and just watch the game in the parking lot. They probably have more fun than anyone in the stadium, because they can beat traffic win or lose

I've thought about doing this a few times but, never have. It really seems like the way to go. The tailgating before the game is always my favorite time.

Easy access to the pisser, between another car somewhere, my cooler, my grill...

Always have a better time at the tailgate. Always..

One thing the Red Sox, Bruins and Celtics never had. Not sure about other teams in other cities.

Beat traffic and not have to deal with other raiders fans? That's a WIN WIN!

I never even knew what tailgating was until I moved to Georgia.

Real-time example:

• 3-4 minutes of commericals.
  • Come back: Just in time to see a quick replay of GB running into a brick wall.
  • They run the same play, same results. TEN seconds have transpired since last commercial.
  • Break for another 3-4 commercials at quarter end.
  • No shiit.6-8 minutes of commercial for 10 seconds (at best) of play time.

I hate TNF and London sh1t.

I love Thursday night football and NFL.

I like doing chores on Sunday morning and I can put the game on in the background.

My reasons for not watching more often:

There is a commercial every 5 seconds.

There is a time out every 5 seconds.

The QB throws the ball just to get rid of it every 5 seconds.

There is a punt every 5 seconds.

Someone is injured every 5 seconds.

Focus on a coach instead of the field every 5 seconds.

There is a review on a play every 5 seconds.

The fans are so loud I can't even focus for 5 seconds.

While all that is true, it has been like that for a while. The boycott is hitting hard and they better get a handle on these spoiled players getting paid to shtt on the National Anthem. Lot of casual fans said fock it after that, even some hardcore ones. They fine them for celebrating too much or if they wear the wrong color socks, but this shtt is fine. Most people do not know or care about the nuances of why they may be different. :thumbsdown:

<p>

Real-time example:

• 3-4 minutes of commericals.
  • Come back: Just in time to see a quick replay of GB running into a brick wall.
  • They run the same play, same results. TEN seconds have transpired since last commercial.
  • Break for another 3-4 commercials at quarter end.
  • No shiit.6-8 minutes of commercial for 10 seconds (at best) of play time.
I heard or read somewhere that a 3 hour football broadcast has like 12 minutes of actual gameplay in it.

The ones I know that do this...don't "beat" the traffic. They leave well after.

Because they end up drinking more during the game not paying $10 per beer. They end up starting to cook again right near the end of the game...basically eat an early lunch about 10:30 to 11...then an early dinner around 3-3:30. Pack up and leave after most have left and they let the drinking die down.

Problem with that is that 5-6 pm hangover just feel like bed time crap.

I heard or read somewhere that a 3 hour football broadcast has like 12 minutes of actual gameplay in it.

People must hate some of these 3:30 ET college games that have been 4-5 hours lately.

i turned the game on last night around 8:22.

there were 4 minutes of commercials, then they cut to the captains walking to the coin toss (15 seconds) and didn't show the coin toss and went back to 4 more minutes of commercials.

kickoff, the bears went 3 and out, punt, packers got the ball, rodgers threw a nice sidearm pass to Cobb, my son called me to come snuggle. I went to bed.

The Bears have been in prime time 3 times this year. Im sure thats great for ratings.

The Bears have been in prime time 3 times this year. Im sure thats great for ratings.

I complained about this a couple weeks ago.

The Thursday night games are embarrassingly bad and Monday night too.

They should play the Sunday night schedule on Monday nights and nix the thursday/sunday night games

Pittsburgh. Dallas. Green Bay, in no particular order.

To me, those are the most historic, storied franchises in the NFL... similar to Babe Ruth/Mantle/Mays in the sense that they were the first Greats and even though modern day players/teams do great things, GB/PIT/DAL made their mark first and are forever held high for it.

The New Jersey Giants? not so much.

They won some championships back in ancient times, 1920's and 30's, but it's Green Bay that's the King of old time football, not the NJGs. Can any football fan name players from the 20's / 30's Giants? nope.

The Giants weren't relevant until the 1980s with Belichick. And even then, the NJGs weren't the team of the 80s, SF was.

And now that we all know it was Belichick who made Parcells, it's clear that BB's work in NJG was his JV stuff.His Varsity work and his masterpiece is New England. So while historically, no team, not NE or anyone else, will ever be what PIT/GB/DAL were, the NJG's don't belong in the discussion of old-time greats or modern greats... they fall severely short on both accounts - they were the JV team in every era that they considered themselves good.

To me, those are the most historic, storied franchises in the NFL... similar to Babe Ruth/Mantle/Mays in the sense that they were the first Greats and even though modern day players/teams do great things, GB/PIT/DAL made their mark first and are forever held high for it.

They won some championships back in ancient times, 1920's and 30's, but it's Green Bay that's the King of old time football, not the NJGs. Can any football fan name players from the 20's / 30's Giants? nope.

The Giants weren't relevant until the 1980s with Belichick. And even then, the NJGs weren't the team of the 80s, SF was.

And now that we all know it was Belichick who made Parcells, it's clear that BB's work in NJG was his JV stuff.His Varsity work and his masterpiece is New England. So while historically, no team, not NE or anyone else, will ever be what PIT/GB/DAL were, the NJG's don't belong in the discussion of old-time greats or modern greats... they fall severely short on both accounts - they were the JV team in every era that they considered themselves good.

I'm a Packer fan and would add the Bears to that list.

So easy for a Giants fan to get in a Pats fans head. We own them and they can't stand it.

I'm a Packer fan and would add the Bears to that list.

I've never heard anyone consider the Bears an NFL Dynasty?

Sell me on the Bears. Why?

I've never heard anyone consider the Bears an NFL Dynasty?

Sell me on the Bears. Why?

Today, to our generation, no, people wouldn't consider them a dynasty.. But you did say most historic, storied franchise and the Bears were that at the beginning of the league and if that's the criteria, I can't leave them off the list. 8 Championships, 7 Runner ups, and some of the all time greatest players, in Butkis, Ditka, Payton. And if it weren't for the Bears, the Packers don't exist today, Packers were very close to folding in the 50's, Halas suggested to Lambeau to sell stock---he didn't want to lose his biggest rival.

You will have to explain more what you mean by Dynasty for me to take them off the list, using your original criteria.

• Like 1

The protests of the national anthem by NFL players continue to hammer the league’s TV ratings.

Mediaite reported yesterday that the “Colts-Texans game was down 38% from last year’s Week 6 Sunday Night Football match-up — according to the Sports TV Ratings industry tracking site. The game notched a 9.0 overnight rating for NBC….the lowest overnight rating for Sunday Night Football since Oct. 23, 2011. And Sunday Night Football has posted significant declines throughout the season.”

The NFL’s TV ratings plunge has been consistent throughout the 2016 season. Even though a Rassmusen survey revealed that 32% of respondents were less likely to watch the NFL due to the players protesting the national anthem, the NFL brass is in denial.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2016/10/18/nfl-national-anthem-protests-sink-tv-ratings-to-five-year-low/#72de128c1ee9

of course they have to be in denial. They have allowed this to happen. Think we are going to see that happen in the NBA? Good luck with that. They can do a fist raise if they want but they HAVE to stand for the national anthem. I assure you that a fist raised is not going to be looked as as a sign of disrespect in the same way as kneeling does. Baseball players are not going to kneel. Black men comprise 8% of the league. Hockey? I somehow doubt this is even on hockey's radar. So fooball is the only one that is going to draw attention for this. They allowed it and they are going to bear the brunt for the decision. I still watch the lions play when I can and I still play fantasy football but I can do anything during the day and still check my scores.

I won't watch a game involving the Giants until Josh Brown is released AND the team makes some form of contribution to womens shelters or DV. Enough is enough. The dude is a focking kicker. Cut his worthless hide

I won't watch a game involving the Giants until Josh Brown is released AND the team makes some form of contribution to womens shelters or DV. Enough is enough. The dude is a focking kicker. Cut his worthless hide

He's pretty much cut. Have to dot i's.

Fantasy football greatly expanded the fanbase but the downside is that most if them don't really watch football outside of redzone etc.

That and the product is pretty bad and very watered down. That abortion of a game this morning probably didn't do much to bring foreign sports fans to the nfl.

He's pretty much cut. Have to dot i's.

If they wanted to cut him, they would've done it.

Have you seen what Mara, McAdoo, Eli, Victor Cruz, etc have said about this guy? They literally act like this dude ran a couple red lights

Why not just have a cook out at your house or nearby park? Then you really will avoid the crowds.

If they wanted to cut him, they would've done it.

Have you seen what Mara, McAdoo, Eli, Victor Cruz, etc have said about this guy? They literally act like this dude ran a couple red lights

If he was going to stay they wouldn't have signed another kicker. Remember this a business and you have to do it right or be subjected to wrongful termination. He can claim the NFL already suspended him, so this is double jeopardy. I'm sure they are just formulating the reason, based on acquiring new information. This all stems from the Ray Rice case. Do you want this POS still getting his money? I don't.

Why are lib-bots so against the thought that the protests might be turning people off? If people say that's why they watch less, is that so unbelievable? Guess what, not everyone thinks just like you. And maybe it's the straw that broke the camels back? It's not like their isn't a pile of other reasons besides that.