Sign in to follow this  
robocardz

Can anyone remember a season with injuries...

Yes, last year.

Not for me.

If this one is confirmed...I'll have lost Gronk, Lewis, Foster, Charles, Allen, and Luck for a large portion.

I'm hold on on with guys like McFadden, Carr, Charc and Buck Allen.

My lineup looks like im trying to win at DFS on half the budget. Ugly year.

I read a stat prior to the start of this weekend's games that the amount of players placed on IR was roughly the same as last year at this time, however I can't confirm it, but that's my recollection. I will say, it seems that more "star" or fantasy relevant players have been bitten by the injury bug this season. Maybe some can do a little research on the subject... ? :wub:

• Like 1

I read a stat prior to the start of this weekend's games that the amount of players placed on IR was roughly the same as last year at this time, however I can't confirm it, but that's my recollection. I will say, it seems that more "star" or fantasy relevant players have been bitten by the injury bug this season. Maybe some can do a little research on the subject... ? :wub:

Would be interesting just with top tier guys.

Jordy before the season, Charles, Bell, Allen, Gronk, Graham, Edelman...then guys like Foster and Lewis and on and on...

Seems like it's been especially brutal this year. I find it amazingly ironic that DMac has been healthy this year. Figures.

There's regular injuries. Then there's KEY injuries. This year has worse key injuries than any other time

My dynasty team has been hit worse than any of my teams. I've lost Romo (twice), Cutler, Forte, Dion Lewis, Edelman, Kendall Wright, Sammy Watkins and now potentially Gronk for multiple weeks and/or the season. Somehow, I still clinched my division tonight.

Unfortunately, it is probably the only thing I'll be clinching this year.

There's regular injuries. Then there's KEY injuries. This year has worse key injuries than any other time

I won't ever endorse one specific way of drafting, but winning in fantasy is more about reducing your team's risk of injury more than ever (specifically the foundation pieces of your team). It used to be the way to do that was loading up on starting RBs, but it is more about building a lineup with consistent upside (almost like you would in DFS). After the top 3-4 RBs are off the board next year, I will be hammering WRs for the first few rounds next year. I'm really getting tired of having the best RBs in every one of my leagues, only to watch my main one get hurt and the rest of them getting their role changed before midseason.

Seems like it's been especially brutal this year. I find it amazingly ironic that DMac has been healthy this year. Figures.

Wouldn't you know D-Mac is part of what has saved my dynasty team ... picked him up at midseason, right before he became the clear RB1.

Last year, DeMarco was Mr. Ironic. Guess fantasy is becoming more about picking which injury-prone back will choose that year to stay healthy. Either that or the Cowboys have been extremely lucky with those two guys over the last two years.

Agree , there are always injuries but this season there sure does seem to be more stud fantasy players going down to injuries .

Idk. Maybe more star players are getting bit, but i think this pretty much happens every year. We have such a short attention span these days that the current season just feels worse.

they should change the NFL to two handed touch instead of tackle football :dunno:

I wonder if rugby has as many injuries as NFL does?, does anyone know?

they should change the NFL to two handed touch instead of tackle football :dunno:

I wonder if rugby has as many injuries as NFL does?, does anyone know?

Watching some of the calls each week, it is touch football. The defense has no chance.

I seem to recall people claiming that it is the worst year for injuries just about every season. It is professional football - there will be injuries. It would be truly amazing if there were actually very few injuries.

• Like 1

I seem to recall people claiming that it is the worst year for injuries just about every season. It is professional football - there will be injuries. It would be truly amazing if there were actually very few injuries.

Yep, its every season and every season we say this is the worst season.

Lots of injuries but no more than usual in terms of serious ones. Maybe more soft tissue injuries early in the year tho Bc of new cba

I think it is way more than typical but won't go through trouble of quantifying. It's mostly at RB for sure.

In years past waivers would every once in a while contain a hot pickup. It's like 2 studs per week it seems

We have a guy in my league that owns Dwill, West, Rawls and DMC

That's like drafting Bell, Charles, Lynch and cowboys RB

We play worst to first waivers he is now studding out because he sucked early. I hate that type of waivers

I think it is way more than typical but won't go through trouble of quantifying. It's mostly at RB for sure.

In years past waivers would every once in a while contain a hot pickup. It's like 2 studs per week it seems

We have a guy in my league that owns Dwill, West, Rawls and DMC

That's like drafting Bell, Charles, Lynch and cowboys RB

We play worst to first waivers he is now studding out because he sucked early. I hate that type of waivers

We got rid of worst to first waivers for that reason.

Im curious why make the title end with "injuries..." when you could have just made it "injuries as bad as this year?". Im always confused by teaser titles. What purpose does it serve? Im really truly curious.

IMO it seems since the new CBA, this has been increasing.

Decades of game development and refinement tossed out due to poor negotation skills has resulted in a less prepared player taking the field. Resulting in greater injuries. Key issue, offensive line development. It is all about cohession and team work. Loss of development time hinders this.

What needs to take place, is the CBA needs to be modified. In at least providing more traiing time for the offensive line. Similar to what takes place with Baseball. Pitchers and Catchers always report early. Why not O line here?

This and it seems the size of the roster needs to expand by at least 3 players and as many as 5. Each team should almost be required to have 3 QB on their roster plus one on the practice squad. If for no other reason than game integrity and game development.

Wonder how the league would be today if some teams from the 70's had not begun the supersized era in the league.

Last even though there is a push toward protecting players against concussions. I cannot help buy notice that players are being targeted who have had to run the protocal. With little to no effort to protect these players. Diving tackles towards the head should be an imediate ejection.

Im curious why make the title end with "injuries..." when you could have just made it "injuries as bad as this year?". Im always confused by teaser titles. What purpose does it serve? Im really truly curious.

Didn't think the whole thing would fit ?

No purpose other than probably being too lazy to delete and retype. Sorry.

RB

We got rid of worst to first waivers for that reason.

I have good buy in to do same next year. Do you bid or do rolling waivers?

Can anyone remember a season with injuries...

I think there are injuries that occur every year...

Didn't think the whole thing would fit ?

No purpose other than probably being too lazy to delete and retype. Sorry.

RB

Not buying it, it fits perfectly with room to spare. I want you to admit you were trying for that "teaser title to get them in" even tho you dont need to entice people into threads. Admit it! Your guilty! Guilty!

Not buying it, it fits perfectly with room to spare. I want you to admit you were trying for that "teaser title to get them in" even tho you dont need to entice people into threads. Admit it! Your guilty! Guilty!

Guilty Guilty. (Tease)

But it does suck when your first 3 rounds of a draft are out. Been doing this for over 20 yrs. Never have I seen it as bad as this year. Probably % wise it's similar to last couple of years, but definitely seems more skilled / "drafted" players seem to have been affected.

Do agree with Lunatick post above.

I've clinched first place in my keeper league and possibly can still get first in another primarily because I've been one of the few to avoid a lot of injuries.

I've lost Dez for a while, Foster for the season, Luck...but that's about it for long term loss. Replaced Luck with Carr, had Freeman from the draft so I could overcome Foster's loss, and I have great WRs even without Dez.

But almost every other team has suffered a lot, yeah. I think it is worse that last year--and even if some people do say that every year, that doesn't mean it isn't true sometimes :)

But it does suck when your first 3 rounds of a draft are out. Been doing this for over 20 yrs. Never have I seen it as bad as this year. Probably % wise it's similar to last couple of years, but definitely seems more skilled / "drafted" players seem to have been affected.

Do agree with Lunatick post above.

The whole top half of the draft was a mess. Either from injuries or busts. If you didnt go Odell/Julio you pretty much arent in first place. 6 of my first 7 picks were hurt or busts but im still holding the last playoff spot. I really believe the draft is only a small part of a season and the ebb and flow of free agency makes more of a difference. If you can keep a next man up situation, injuries will never hurt that bad.

If you didnt go Odell/Julio you pretty much arent in first place.

Funny you say that, those were my picks at the turn. I just locked up a bye and am playing for 1st seed this week (not bragging, just found it interesting those were the two you picked).

(ok maybe bragging a little bit)

Funny you say that, those were my picks at the turn. I just locked up a bye and am playing for 1st seed this week (not bragging, just found it interesting those were the two you picked).

(ok maybe bragging a little bit)

Yes thats who I should have taken. Instead I took Luck and AJG and have to win this week to make the final playoff spot.

Based on the first three rounds of the July FFToday Mock. Not as bad as I thought it was.

Out for Season

1.01 Matt Mueller - RB LeVeon Bell, PIT
1.02 Dan - RB Jamaal Charles, KC

1.08 JScott - QB Andrew Luck, IND

2.03 nicdolas - RB Matt Forte, CHI

2.05 JScott - RB Arian Foster, HOU
2.06 ICEMAN - RB Justin Forsett, BAL
2.07 Hawkeye21 - WR Jordy Nelson, GB

Missed Significant Time

1.07 ICEMAN - WR Dez Bryant, DAL

1.09 The Football Guru - RB Marshawn Lynch, SEA

Mostly Healthy

1.03 Ray Lewis' Limo Driver - RB Eddie Lacy, GBP
1.04 Ralphster - RB Adrian Peterson, MIN
1.05 Frozenbeernuts - RB Lesean McCoy, BUF
1.06 Hawkeye21 - WR Antonio Brown, PIT
1.10 nicdolas - WR Demaryius Thomas, DEN
1.11 remote controller - WR Odell Beckham Jr., NYG
1.12 robb - WR Julio Jones, ATL
2.01 robb - WR Calvin Johnson, DET
2.02 remote controller - RB CJ Anderson, DEN
2.04 The Football Guru - TE Rob Gronkowski, NE
2.08 Frozenbeernuts - RB Demarco Murray, PHI
2.09 Ralphster - WR AJ Green, CIN
2.10 Ray Lewis' Limo Driver - WR Randall Cobb, GBP
2.11 Dan - WR Alshon Jeffery, CHI
2.12 Matt Mueller - WR Mike Evans, TB
3.01 Matt Mueller - RB Jeremy Hill, CIN
3.02 Dan - WR DeAndre Hopkins, HOU
3.03 Ray Lewis' Limo Driver - WR TY Hilton, IND
3.04 Ralphster - RB Melvin Gordon, SDC
3.05 Frozenbeernuts - WR Brandin Cooks, NO
3.06 Hawkeye21 - RB Lamar Miller, MIA
3.07 ICEMAN - QB Aaron Rodgers, GB
3.08 JScott - RB Frank Gore, IND
3.09 The Football Guru - RB CJ Spiller, NO
3.10 nicdolas - RB Mark Ingram, NO
3.11 remote controller - RB Carlos Hyde, SF
3.12 robb - RB Alfred Morris, WAS

Based on the first three rounds of the July FFToday Mock. Not as bad as I thought it was.

Out for Season

1.01 Matt Mueller - RB LeVeon Bell, PIT

1.02 Dan - RB Jamaal Charles, KC

1.08 JScott - QB Andrew Luck, IND

2.03 nicdolas - RB Matt Forte, CHI

2.05 JScott - RB Arian Foster, HOU

2.06 ICEMAN - RB Justin Forsett, BAL

2.07 Hawkeye21 - WR Jordy Nelson, GB

Missed Significant Time

1.07 ICEMAN - WR Dez Bryant, DAL

1.09 The Football Guru - RB Marshawn Lynch, SEA

Mostly Healthy

1.03 Ray Lewis' Limo Driver - RB Eddie Lacy, GBP

1.04 Ralphster - RB Adrian Peterson, MIN

1.05 Frozenbeernuts - RB Lesean McCoy, BUF

1.06 Hawkeye21 - WR Antonio Brown, PIT

1.10 nicdolas - WR Demaryius Thomas, DEN

1.11 remote controller - WR Odell Beckham Jr., NYG

1.12 robb - WR Julio Jones, ATL

2.01 robb - WR Calvin Johnson, DET

2.02 remote controller - RB CJ Anderson, DEN

2.04 The Football Guru - TE Rob Gronkowski, NE

2.08 Frozenbeernuts - RB Demarco Murray, PHI

2.09 Ralphster - WR AJ Green, CIN

2.10 Ray Lewis' Limo Driver - WR Randall Cobb, GBP

2.11 Dan - WR Alshon Jeffery, CHI

2.12 Matt Mueller - WR Mike Evans, TB

3.01 Matt Mueller - RB Jeremy Hill, CIN

3.02 Dan - WR DeAndre Hopkins, HOU

3.03 Ray Lewis' Limo Driver - WR TY Hilton, IND

3.04 Ralphster - RB Melvin Gordon, SDC

3.05 Frozenbeernuts - WR Brandin Cooks, NO

3.06 Hawkeye21 - RB Lamar Miller, MIA

3.07 ICEMAN - QB Aaron Rodgers, GB

3.08 JScott - RB Frank Gore, IND

3.09 The Football Guru - RB CJ Spiller, NO

3.10 nicdolas - RB Mark Ingram, NO

3.11 remote controller - RB Carlos Hyde, SF

3.12 robb - RB Alfred Morris, WAS

Nice stat grab, although you need to flip some of those around.

Luck and Forte aren't gone for the season, Carlos Hyde and I'll say Alshon too haven't been mostly healthy.

What's really bad though is to look through that list and see what guys who haven't been injured would be considered to be playing up to their ADP. Not many :(