Sign in to follow this  
vuduchile

Betsy DeVos

Not looking like the most brilliant choice.

All the snarky Democrat Senators are making her look sorta silly.

In fact, she appears to be completely befuddled at times.

She should have been better prepared.

There were a few questionable cabinet selections made by trump, and this one is right on top of the list. Her confirmation may be the death knell for public schools in this country. Focking disgraceful.

There were a few questionable cabinet selections made by trump, and this one is right on top of the list. Her confirmation may be the death knell for public schools in this country. Focking disgraceful.

I don't know enough about her to say that for sure, but she left herself wide open for criticism.

Doesn't she pretty much want the fed to stay out of most decisions, and leave each state to their own devices?

She wet to Calvin College - private liberal arts school. The parade of insidery eggheads continues.

• Like 1

She wet to Calvin College - private liberal arts school. The parade of insidery eggheads continues.

I have admittedly thought that things would be better in many ways if the country was run more like a business, but I can totally understand the skepticism towards many of the selections....insiders or otherwise. I think the Devos hatred reaches both sides of the aisle. I haven't heard many supporting this choice.

Al Franken made her look pretty silly. Not knowing the difference between proficiency and growth in the education world.

Funny watching democrats who have been running the schools for decades acting like experts.

Husband is an Amway guy? Fits right in with the crap.

And protecting the kids from grizzly bears is hilarious

I liked her thoughts on paying for charter schools...where if you sign up your kid for a charter school, then that kid signs up 3 kids, and those 3 kids sign up 3 kids....

• Like 4

I liked her thoughts on paying for charter schools...where if you sign up your kid for a charter school, then that kid signs up 3 kids, and those 3 kids sign up 3 kids....

I tried that with the pay-to-surf sites. None of my referrals ever signed up anyone. :thumbsdown:

:mad:

:D

Funny watching democrats who have been running the schools for decades acting like experts.

They have done an extremely sh!tty job, but it doesn't change the fact that this chick is in the weeds.

Her confirmation may be the death knell for public schools in this country. Focking disgraceful.

What does that even mean? Why is everything so draconian

The shock hasn't worn off yet, I still find it deliciously amusing how our west Michigan gadfly has become famous nationally and now you all know her.

I'm curious if federal dollars ever went to an all white, all black, all boy or all girl school. Ever.

if they did, what would it tell you?

if they did, what would it tell you?

That groups who only allow certain individuals received federal funding.

1. She's a focking stupid kvnt who bought her way into the job. Geesus, toss up between her and Palin on the stupid meter.

2. I've said before, with the advent of 'net based education, I believe 'public schools' as we know them are on their way out. Basically, they're now oftentimes holding cells for 'pre-prison' populations. Between Left extremism, Incompetence and Greed in the NEA, Pervert Teachers, School Shootings and kids getting more mature faster, I think we're already seeing more and more @ home education with participation in social and sports programs on the side.

3. Between DeVoss in Education, Bush in Energy, Carson in HUD ("Poverty is an attitude") etc. - It's pretty obvious that TrumpCo is placing the absolutely worst of the bunch to kill these departments from the inside out.

This b!tch is an absolutely vile human being.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ki1t0AiFi8U

Why would anyone think that a Christian school was going to condone LGBT behavior? Hello? School choice is about choice, in case you couldn't figure that out.

Why would anyone think that a Christian school was going to condone LGBT behavior? Hello? School choice is about choice, in case you couldn't figure that out.

First off, you might want to talk to the Episcopalian Church (and others). They're Christian too.

But, I digress: As far as I'm concerned, you can have a school Founded on the Principles of Festivus. Where that line gets drawn though, is Fed money shouldn't go there. And that includes Fed money given to states - who then give it to the schools. If you really believe in the market, fine, have a school that worships snake-handling. When you close up shop in 5 months, don't come whining to me that you didn't get enough paying customers.

But what about poor people who can't afford Snake Handling Tuition? Oh, NOW you're all about those poor people? "They made their choice, etc.."

In this particular fact pattern (DeVoss is an idiot across the board), it's Effed up that a perfectly normal girl gets denied admission to a school because her little brother is a flaming cawksucker. Again, fine, that's your rulels, now let the market take over. Isn't that what The Gop is all about?

To me, this was a waste of time. The congresswoman asked about one specific item, then tried to Back DeVos into a corner by trying to "put the words in her mouth" that she would never interfere for ANY KIND of discrimination by a state entity. And everytime DeVos tried to reply, with the potential of putting her foot in her mouth, the congresswoman just cut her off and tried, multiple times, to simply answer the question for her.

I am not going to sit here and defend DeVos, but the method of questioning was weak sauce in my opinion.

I think the bigger issue is the separation between church and state. Federal dollars should not go to fund religious schools.

First off, you might want to talk to the Episcopalian Church (and others). They're Christian too.

But, I digress: As far as I'm concerned, you can have a school Founded on the Principles of Festivus. Where that line gets drawn though, is Fed money shouldn't go there. And that includes Fed money given to states - who then give it to the schools. If you really believe in the market, fine, have a school that worships snake-handling. When you close up shop in 5 months, don't come whining to me that you didn't get enough paying customers.

But what about poor people who can't afford Snake Handling Tuition? Oh, NOW you're all about those poor people? "They made their choice, etc.."

In this particular fact pattern (DeVoss is an idiot across the board), it's Effed up that a perfectly normal girl gets denied admission to a school because her little brother is a flaming cawksucker. Again, fine, that's your rulels, now let the market take over. Isn't that what The Gop is all about?

I pay a lot of money in school taxes for public education. I can get some of that back to send my kid to a school of my choice. That's one less kid in the public system they have to worry about. Win/win. Wait, except for the teachers union. They don't do so hot in that system.

I think the bigger issue is the separation between church and state. Federal dollars should not go to fund religious schools.

Federal dollars don't exist. They are the tax payers dollars. Liberals really need to learn that.

I pay a lot of money in school taxes for public education. I can get some of that back to send my kid to a school of my choice. That's one less kid in the public system they have to worry about. Win/win. Wait, except for the teachers union. They don't do so hot in that system.

Tax Credit is the far better way to go.

Tax Credit is the far better way to go.

That's fine. But for this broad to get all up in arms because a Christian school isnt going to condone LGBT is ridiculous. People are entitled to their religious beliefs, and religious schools are legal, in case Miss Thing was unaware. And those very same people pay schooI taxes. I guess it's just crazy talk to think they ought to have a say.

Unless and until the taxpayer dollars that are going to these religious schools are only from those attending, fock them.

Comply with nondiscriminatory practices or lose all taxpayer dollars. It's that simple.

I don't like the Devos family and I never liked this pick.

That being said our schools are a mess because democrats have been running them into the ground for decades. I would like to eliminate the department of education and return that responsibility to the states and local governments..

Unless and until the taxpayer dollars that are going to these religious schools are only from those attending, fock them.

Comply with nondiscriminatory practices or lose all taxpayer dollars. It's that simple.

I think the taxpayers should vote on it. How about that?

Federal dollars don't exist. They are the tax payers dollars. Liberals really need to learn that.

First off, I'm no liberal. I've never in my life voted D on any ticket (although I did vote to give your mom the D).

Second, fine. I think the bigger is is the separation between church and state. Federal Taxpayer dollars should not go to fund religious schools.

First off, I'm no liberal. I've never in my life voted D on any ticket (although I did vote to give your mom the D).

Second, fine. I think the bigger is is the separation between church and state. Federal Taxpayer dollars should not go to fund religious schools.

How would giving a voucher for a school impact the separation of church and state? Religious hospitals receive tax payer dollars. Do you want to end that too?

Here's the thing I sort of agree with you, But I think as long as a school is meeting the school districts policies for education they should be able to apply for student funding. That being said should home school children parents get that pupil tax money?

On the flip side we the people everyone should have the opportunity to have at the very least a grade 12 education. They do this through public schools. A person has the right to use or not use those schools.

I dunno I'm mixed on what I truly believe. The one thing I'm sure of is the states and local school districts should decide how the funds are distributed. Not the federal government.