Sign in to follow this  
KSB2424

Transgender and public restrooms or locker rooms. What to do?

A bill passed yesterday in North Carolina that has once again divided everyone. It's starting to get negative national attention.

To be honest, I struggle with where I stand. It's a weird topic to me. :unsure:

On one hand I think it's important to ensure every citizen has the same rights, we are sensitive to all people regardless of their orientations. But that is much easier for race, religion, even sexual preference. But transgender is a whole other ball of wax that really complicates things.

Despite the real and true feelings inside a Transgender person may have, they still have the anatomy of a man or woman. Restrooms and locker rooms are separated based not on sexual preference but on which gender anatomy you posses.

But I'm really trying to be sensitive to the issue. I don't know, seems weird to change the whole process of how public rooms restrooms and locker rooms are designated for like .0001% of the population.

Does one get certified transgender? Do they have a transgender ID? What stops some perv from dressing up like a woman and using the ladies restroom?

The new paradigm is how you see yourself. In other words state sponsored egocentrism. And people think that Trump won't win. We are becoming a nation of Trumps.

I think Transgenders of course should have the rights as any other American to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. However common sense must tell the collective and even they should understand that their situation complicates certain things in our world.

Mostly things that society seperates and differentiates based on GENDER and gender alone. That is not where to work, who to marry, who can by a house, who can get a loan, any of that. They in no way should be discriminated on all those things. Everyone agrees there.

BUT

1. Public restrooms and school locker rooms

2. Sports

3. Groups like the boys scouts or girl scouts

Those things are complicated as they are separated strictly on gender and gender alone. LeBron deciding he is a woman shouldn't be allowed to play in the WNBA. I'm sorry. That is not being discriminatory. It's just not.

Same sort of with the rest rooms and locker rooms. No one is trying to hurt feelings here.

KSB you thinking about finally coming out?

KSB you thinking about finally coming out?

:doublethumbsup:

No, like I said its a local state thing today all over the news.

I don't struggle. It should be the boy parts and girl parts room. I don't want pervs in the bathroom with my daughters, and I won't apologize for that.

You absolutely, positively can not allow grown men and grown women in locker rooms with kids or teens of the opposite sex. You have a =male gender. You have a vagina=female gender.

Transgender individuals at the most, should get their own restroom. If they can't, or don't get a transgender only style restroom, then they must use a restroom that matches their genitals.

You absolutely, positively can not allow grown men and grown women in locker rooms with kids or teens of the opposite sex. You have a ######=male gender. You have a vagina=female gender.

Transgender individuals at the most, should get their own restroom. If they can't, or don't get a transgender only style restroom, then they must use a restroom that matches their genitals.

That's the law in a nutshell that was passed in NC yesterday. Hell Fire has came as a result. Protesters saying it is a discriminatory law to Transgenders are all over the place. Protests in front of the Governors mansion. The NBA All Star game is in Charlotte next year and they (the NBA) are hinting at pulling it out based on this. :(

Just have a third one that is non gender specific. Seems simple to me.

:dunno:

That's the law in a nutshell that was passed in NC yesterday. Hell Fire has came as a result. Protesters saying it is a discriminatory law to Transgenders are all over the place. Protests in front of the Governors mansion. The NBA All Star game in in Charlotte and they are hinting at pulling it out based on this. :(

So. I can guarantee you that nobody wants their 10 year old daughters seeing swinging d***s in a locker room or restroom. Or wanting grown men showering with teenage girls, say at a ymca or someplace equivalent. Common sense needs to rule on this one. Let the NBA pull the all-star game. It's a joke anyway.

Transgender people need therapy, not their own bathroom. It's not healthy to want to mutilate your body.

this, or change the signage on the doors to be a peemus and a gash

I guess, but would that be on all new construction or would every single public building have to retro fit their restaurant, office building, sports complex, school, etc. to add a third room ?

Seems like a a huge and expensive undertaking. Who would pay for that?

Bathroom to me equals what plumbing you have, did the same thing here in Houston.

Also, have to love the NBA threatening to move its all star game, we've had it a couple of times, you really don't want it in your city

Does one get certified transgender? Do they have a transgender ID? What stops some perv from dressing up like a woman and using the ladies restroom?

Nothing is stopping them now. Until someone notices an adams apple, abundant hair, or a hot dog, any perv can already do this.

Nothing is stopping them now. Until someone notices an adams apple, abundant hair, or a hot dog, any perv can already do this.

Well true, but like any law or restriction it doesn't come up until it is caught or reported. The way this would work is that if it is, lets say reported to the Principal, that person would be reprimanded. Or if it was caught in a public restroom and reported that person would get whatever happens when a man is caught in the womens restroom today and sholdn't be. Hell, I don't know how that works. :unsure:

I think the point is that if you have a restriction or a law it should limit those who violate it. If there is no rule then it will happen many times more.

I guess, but would that be on all new construction or would every single public building have to retro fit their restaurant, office building, sports complex, school, etc. to add a third room ?

Seems like a a huge and expensive undertaking. Who would pay for that?

Pretty much this. All the money it would cost for the two people who would use it a day plus the space needs to come from somewhere. Rerouting of plumbing, electrical, reordering of previously occupied space to make room. Its really not possible. The idea is great but just not practical at all.

Sports may be the biggest issue. Maybe. You dont even need a Lebron to turn into a female. You take any D league player and he would run wild on the WNBA. Lebron going female to play in womens basketball would be like 100 points per game.

I can't believe that I'm back home from a month in Florida and I log into the Chronic Hunker board.

Less that I'm responding to an issue and even less this one.

I have an opinion but it's already been addressed above.

What my point is, I'd be interested in hearing a legitimate response by a transgender individual. AND what determines a transgender individual.

So, which Geek wants to admit it and give us their view.

I'm interested. Not trolling.

Sports may be the biggest issue. Maybe. You dont even need a Lebron to turn into a female. You take any D league player and he would run wild on the WNBA. Lebron going female to play in womens basketball would be like 100 points per game.

Just spitballing but I think the rule should be something to this effect: If you meet the following requirements you can legally change your gender and thus go to your new restroom, play in your new sports league, be a girl scout leader, etc.

1. If you have successfully had gender reassignment surgery

2. You have taken for at least greater than one year (or whatever science says is an applicable time) hormone changing drugs

3. You have filled out paperwork to prove number one and two above and thus changed genders by law.

Then you are good to go. :unsure:

Just spitballing but I think the rule should be something to this effect: If you meet the following requirements you can legally change your gender and thus go to your new restroom, play in your new sports league, be a girl scout leader, etc.

2. You have taken for at least greater than one year (or whatever science says is an applicable time) hormone changing drugs

3. You have filled out paperwork to prove number one and two above and thus changed genders by law.

But then Lebron may only be able to score like 75 per game :(

PayPal, Dow Chemical, the NBA, the NCAA, Google and other businesses oppose North Carolina’s new anti-LGBT law.

:(

That's a lot of $$$ for my state.

American Airlines, which has a major hub in Charlotte, also condemned HB 2.

“We believe no individual should be discriminated against because of gender identity or sexual orientation,” American Airlines spokeswoman Katie Cody said. “Laws that allow such discrimination go against our fundamental belief of equality and are bad for the economies of the state in which they are enacted.”

Why are gheys and transgender groups lumped together? Sexual preference and Gender are two totally different things. :dunno:

No thanks to all that. Go see a shrink if you hate your body.

:(

That's a lot of $$$ for my state.

I have actually worked inside a Dow Chemical before. The place i was at was pretty clean. Did some small copper piping job. Although they required that we wear gloves at all times, which was stupid. Oh and contractors arent allowed to use knives. We need to get some dope who works for Dow to cut stuff. Yeah like that dip shlt is qualified.

So... with such a tiny part of the population, are we positive this isn't some sort of mental illness?

• Like 1

I am all for rights. Do what you want.

But transgender is a mental disorder. And there are valid reasons to keep the genders separate in bathrooms and showers.

I support this bill. This issue is one of the places I get off the liberal train.

• Like 1

Is this really an issue? Like has any transgendered gone into a women's locker room dong flapping around or is it more like they've gone to take a dump and somebody noticed the Adam's apple?

Is this really an issue? Like has any transgendered gone into a women's locker room dong flapping around or is it more like they've gone to take a dump and somebody noticed the Adam's apple?

Changing after gym class is probably the most common thing. And obviously it's an issue or laws wouldn't be being passed.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/schaumburg-hoffman-estates/news/ct-transgender-student-district-211-vote-met-20151202-story.html

Why are gheys and transgender groups lumped together? Sexual preference and Gender are two totally different things. :dunno:

Because they both have mental issues.

this tranny ###### needs to stop, even in that article they mention that a separate restroom where the he/she could change was made accessible but that wasn't enough.

being a tranny needs to stop being cool, and stay out of girls locker rooms. At least wait til you are an adult to become a freak, like most people

I see stories of parents allowing their 11 year old to start his gender transformation crap. What is wrong with these people? We had plenty of kids who were different but they were just tomboys or sissys what was the harm in that.

its not natural to want to have both parts, if you get a full sex change whatever its your choice

this tranny ###### needs to stop, even in that article they mention that a separate restroom where the he/she could change was made accessible but that wasn't enough.

being a tranny needs to stop being cool, and stay out of girls locker rooms. At least wait til you are an adult to become a freak, like most people

I see stories of parents allowing their 11 year old to start his gender transformation crap. What is wrong with these people? We had plenty of kids who were different but they were just tomboys or sissys what was the harm in that.

its not natural to want to have both parts, if you get a full sex change whatever its your choice

:thumbsup:

I like Horcecock

:thumbsdown:

Wrong thread

New businesses should just do away with gender specific restrooms. Just make one room with nothing but urinals, and the other with nothing but stalls.

Do you wish to stand up and p!ss madam? Right this way.....Need to pop a squat?.....to your left. Problem solved.

New businesses should just do away with gender specific restrooms. Just make one room with nothing but urinals, and the other with nothing but stalls.

Do you wish to stand up and p!ss madam? Right this way.....Need to pop a squat?.....to your left. Problem solved.

until people are bumping into each other from having to switch and the men stinking up the ones with the shitters

I think the opposition is saying this will lead to more and more and further discrimination laws or open up discrimination for LBGT's.

I just don't buy that slippery slope. Any person should not and cannot under federal law be denied rights to a job or a loan or a scholarship or a restaurant or a etc. based on "who" they are. That would get struck down in Federal Court so fast it would make your head spin.

But this particular tangent issue seems different than that. I don't see this as discriminatory. But I'm telling you the shiit has hit the fan round here.