Sign in to follow this  
himmystyles

DT vs Coop

Demaryius Thomas and Amari cooper seem to be back to back in most rankings, and on the surface seem like very similar players with similar projections. Who would u go with and why? More interested in ppr.

Thomas.

I trust him so much more.

Thanks m

I'm going the other way and fly with the Coop! His upside is higher, and Sanders might even be better than DT at this point.

Denver added sutton, Oakland subtracted Crabtree. FWIW

You have identified two guys Im not terribly interested at their price. I have no idea what kind of offense Gruden will run in Oakland, and Jordy and Bryant are both big wild cards. I could see either of them failing to clear 400 yards, or catching 60+ passes.

In Denver, I like Sanders more 2 or 3 rounds later. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I believe Sanders is the one more likely to move to the slot when Sutton comes in. I value those slot reps with Keenum, who fed the hell out of Thielen there last year.

• Like 1

Personally I'd rather go with Cooper. I haven't liked anything I've seen from a Denver offense and even if we are just talking about the receivers Sanders has had a bigger Target share in the preseason with Keenum.

And if Gruden really does throw Cooper in the slot a lot more? No brainer.

Lol personally I would probably go with Copper.

But I’m having a touch time trusting him.

So I’m going to pass this season and see how he does.

You all made great point against Thomas, and I agree with all of them.

But I still trust him a little more.

So it’s more personal feeling about this issue.

Hey thanks everyone, great points.

Cooper focked me two years in a row :mad:

honestly I'm not huge on Cooper.

Thomas at least has quietly put up reasonable numbers. Cooper has not.

Im sure one of these years Cooper will be the highest scoring wr on his own team. 4th times the charm I guess.

Knowing that so many of you are passing on Cooper waiting for him to blow up means this is the year he'll put up 80-1150-8! My vote is Cooper over DT.

The OAK defense is suspect and they'll need to put up some points this year. I don't see their running game being stellar. They have an average to below average TE. All signs point to Cooper being heavily targeted.

Knowing that so many of you are passing on Cooper waiting for him to blow up means this is the year he'll put up 80-1150-8! My vote is Cooper over DT.

The OAK defense is suspect and they'll need to put up some points this year. I don't see their running game being stellar. They have an average to below average TE. All signs point to Cooper being heavily targeted.

Those are numbers Im expecting from guys like Marvin Jones. The signs have pointed to him being the focal point for 3 years now and especially last year, the 3rd year hype was at a fever pitch.

Murphy's Law is in effect this season, which is why I said this is the year I'll try to draft him (he'll blow up since so many on this thread are avoiding him).

two years ago he put up 83-1153-5 on 132 targets. Not that far away, if Carr improves very attainable.

Coop. Id rather have sanders than dt. He is cheaper but probably better physically at this point. My biggest fear with DT is that he is slowing down and he doesnt have a qb to make him more than the sum of his current parts.

That’s exactly the same Raider team from last season.

So I’m trying to figure out if Cooper will actually be able to catch the ball better for some reason with a new coach and system.

Mmm.

Thanks

Coop. Id rather have sanders than dt. He is cheaper but probably better physically at this point. My biggest fear with DT is that he is slowing down and he doesnt have a qb to make him more than the sum of his current parts.

Do you think they upgraded the Qb issue from last season?

Murphy's Law is in effect this season, which is why I said this is the year I'll try to draft him (he'll blow up since so many on this thread are avoiding him).

I don't think you need to invoke Murphy's Law in this case. Not every successful receiver in the league were great in their first couple years.

Antonio Brown in his first 3 years in the NFL had 16, 69, and 66 catches respectively. Totaling a whole 7 TDs over those 3 years. During Brown's second year I traded for Brown and had him under contract for 3 more years at dirt cheap.

We will see about Cooper. But I like him over D Thomas this year moving forward.

DT is well known for having stone hands as well. So if the knock that people have on Cooper is that he had/has stone hands, DT's are just as bad.

Do you think they upgraded the Qb issue from last season?

Almost certainly so. What they had last year was worse than bad. Case is okay but he is not above being a toad when things around him are not working.

I am just not sure if the situation is better enough...especially if DT doesnt still have the long speed. And if other guys are getting lots of work, I am not sure if he can even be a volume play.

Almost certainly so. What they had last year was worse than bad. Case is okay but he is not above being a toad when things around him are not working.

I am just not sure if the situation is better enough...especially if DT doesnt still have the long speed. And if other guys are getting lots of work, I am not sure if he can even be a volume play.

Your answer to that question should have been "hell yes they did". Nothing else.

DT is well known for having stone hands as well. So if the knock that people have on Cooper is that he had/has stone hands, DT's are just as bad.

[/quote

I don’t disagree about either one of them not having the best hands.

But did you notice the difference in the success the last three seasons for both of them.

I mean this could be the season that Cooper lives up to being the number wr on his own team.

Maybe not.

I simply trust Thomas more, because I’ve seen more from him, And I think that Thomas as the better Qb.

Thanks for your replay.

Always a pleasure.

I always saw Sanders has the deep guy, and Thomas as the volume guy.

I think Keenum and Thomas might be a very good fit.

Kind of reminds me of the situation Keenum had with Thielen last season.

Thanks for the reply.

Cooper for sure with Crabtree gone. Their O was a dumpster fire last year, it won’t take much for a Gruden to fix that. I think DT is a safer bet to be a back end WR2. That seems like his floor.

Both on my DnD list.

DT peaked and been trending down the past 3 seasons.

Cooper took a major step back last season. Raiders signed Jordy Nelson and M. Bryant.

I always saw Sanders has the deep guy, and Thomas as the volume guy.

I think Keenum and Thomas might be a very good fit.

Kind of reminds me of the situation Keenum had with Thielen last season.

Thanks for the reply.

I would like to see DT get back on track. Sanders too. I am excited to see either way.

I've read (several times) where Gruden has never failed to have a 1000 yrd receiver. Cooper is still only 24 freakin years old. When the guy is targeted, he flat out produces, and there's really no competition around him. Thomas is 30 and I see a big uptick for Sanders this year. I think Cooper finishes as a tail end WR1 (10-12 range) and Thomas is more like 20-24. Just my opinion though...

Yes, this is the mind blowing factor. Cooper is only 24 years old. He just turned in June! He’s just a kid and now hopefully maturing into a great receiver. At 30 years old Thomas seems to be one that will trend downward.

I would go with Cooper. But I am a guy would never draft Fitzgerald either and see where that got me!

Yes, this is the mind blowing factor. Cooper is only 24 years old. He just turned in June! He’s just a kid and now hopefully maturing into a great receiver. At 30 years old Thomas seems to be one that will trend downward.

I would go with Cooper. But I am a guy would never draft Fitzgerald either and see where that got me!

I'm with you, but i've convinced myself that Fitz would still be a good pick, which now means if I do he's definitely going to sustain some sort of unrecoverable old-man type injury. :dunno:

honestly I'm not huge on Cooper.

Thomas at least has quietly put up reasonable numbers. Cooper has not.

Thomas quietly put them up? He was drafted pretty high every year until this one.

My thing is this. What i read says that Sanders inherits the Thielen role in that offense, where Thomas gets the Diggs role. I'm not sold on Thomas having more talent than Diggs at this point in his career. So I consider Diggs stats last year as an absolute ceiling for Thomas, but practically speaking i don't think he'll get there.

Cooper on the other hand lost his primary competition for TD catches and again is only 24 years old. I'll call it. 1100 yrd/80 rec/7 TD for Cooper.

Thomas is pretty much a dnd for me. Just not consistent enough. Cooper isnt consistent either, but age is on his side. I'll take a flyer on cooper after rd 6. If someone takes him before, I'm sure he will beast when I go against him. But I'll wait a few more rounds and grab the other Cooper, Kupp.

Yes, I agree Cooper is the better pick but some of the Thomas criticism seems off. Thomas was the more efficient receiver versus Sanders each of the last two seasons. Better reception and yards per target rates. Both guys suffered from the Trevor Siemian era. Maybe Sutton emerges but I’d pencil Thomas in for 140 targets. With Keenum, that should top 1000 yards and 90 receptions. That is a WR2 pretty much every year. His ADP is 20th WR. That seems about right, with some upside depending on TDs.

Tough call. Every year is supposedly the year for Coop and every year, his counterpart outscores him. DT has a new potentially competent QB and years of solid production history. I’d lean Thomas but admit upside is with Coop (I guess...).