Sign in to follow this  
hellothere

Spinoff: Which State is the most important to the US?

Which State is the most important to the US?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Which State is most important?

• California
    • Florida
    • New York
    • Texas

Which state is the most important and why?

And if you live in South Dakota or whatever and are pissed off you weren't included as a choice, fock off, seriously. These are the only resonable choices, and DC gets a bye this time.

:lol:

Florida. Not only is it called Americas Wang, it's also pointed right at those commie bastards in Cuba, so either we're pissing on them or blowing our load on them.

This REALLY depends on what the category is.

I mean Florida has ZERO value really, unless you count old age people.

What does NY have/contribute?

You could argue strongly the value of states like Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois that contribute a wealth of food to us AND are one of the biggest reasons our trade deficit isn't worse, because of their food exports.

Massachusetts. What would the USA be without the Kennedys? :ninja: :ninja:

Florida. Not only is it called Americas Wang, it's also pointed right at those commie bastards in Cuba, so either we're pissing on them or blowing our load on them.

It's America's limp wang then. Full of a bunch of mental sperm equivelant impotents living in that state. Outside of Oranges-Florida offers what? That but ugly Katherine Harris as a cover girl? Cocaine distribution? Scumbag football programs? A warm death for the elderly?

Fock Floriduh...

Now Georgia, that is a fine state.

That's a tough one.

California is #1 in agriculture, has the largest economy (varies between 4th-6th largest in the world), and is home to the busiest cargo container port in the US.

Texas also has a strong economy and provides a good percentage of the fuel the US produces.

New York is the hub of the USA and along with California attracts the most tourism. It's also home to many of our major financial institutions as well as the stock exchange.

Florida is uhm, yah. :pointstosky:

I voted for Cali but I've got homer love (although I was born outside of Detroit)

How the states stack up

State Number of FORTUNE 500 Companies

Texas 56

New York 55

California 52

Michigan we control the majority of the US fresh water

How can anyone not vote for California? That state alone would comprise the 5th highest GDP in the world!

Firstly, it is the most populous state. In addition, California is the top state in the agriculture and entertainment industries, is probably also the tops in computers/electronics, and definitely is at or near the top in biomed/pharma and tourism.

The only thing New York has on California is the finance industry, and while Texas is growing, it will have a ways to go to match Cali in importance... and Florida has the stigma of being the tourist trap/retirement home state.

It's America's limp wang then. Full of a bunch of mental sperm equivelant impotents living in that state. Outside of Oranges-Florida offers what? That but ugly Katherine Harris as a cover girl? Cocaine distribution? Scumbag football programs? A warm death for the elderly?

Fock Floriduh...

Us "mental sperm equivalant impotents" appreciate your concern for our well being. BTW, much like Nevada (where I moved from after being raised in Texas and living in Missouri), a large portion of Florida residents are actually from other states and "us transplants" have obviously brought the "mental sperm" with us. :pointstosky:

California is #1 in agriculture, has the largest economy (varies between 4th-6th largest in the world), and is home to the busiest cargo container port in the US.

:pointstosky:

Fock Floriduh...

If Florida is the wang, isn't Georgia one of the testicles? :pointstosky:

while Texas is growing, it will have a ways to go to match Cali in importance

:banana: :lol: :lol:

How the states stack up

Texas 56

New York 55

California 52

To clarify 56 is bigger than 52.

If Florida is the wang, isn't Georgia one of the testicles? :banana:

I lost track, but I have met AT LEAST 100 people here that are from Georgia. They must have been the "black sheep" of the state.

I'd be more inclined to vote for California if all the rich fockers there weren't all moving up here to Montana all the time. If Cali is so great, why are you coming here?

I'd be more inclined to vote for California if all the rich fockers there weren't all moving up here to Montana all the time. If Cali is so great, why are you coming here?

The sheep, bro....The sheep :banana:

Texas: We Kill More People than Your Poosay State

:dunno: It's still home no matter where I move.

If you come to Texas and kill someone, we will kill you back. That's our policy.

:dunno:

California is home to the busiest cargo container port in the US.

and the town I great up in. Go LB

Us "mental sperm equivalant impotents" appreciate your concern for our well being. BTW, much like Nevada (where I moved from after being raised in Texas and living in Missouri), a large portion of Florida residents are actually from other states and "us transplants" have obviously brought the "mental sperm" with us. :shocking:

I think thats really important that you can admit you're a gay man. That's totally cool with me. Because the only people that move to Florida are either retiring or gay. Enjoy key west! :dunno:

If you come to Texas and kill someone, we will kill you back. That's our policy.

God Bless Ron White and Texas

That ones for you edjr

How the states stack up

Texas 56

New York 55

California 52

To clarify 56 is bigger than 52.

you seriously think Texas' economy is bigger than California's because of this stat?

:banana: ;) :lol: :dunno:

That's a tough one.

Texas also has a strong economy and provides a good percentage of the fuel the US produces.

New York is the hub of the USA and along with California attracts the most tourism. It's also home to many of our major financial institutions as well as the stock exchange.

Florida is uhm, yah. :doh:

I voted for Cali but I've got homer love (although I was born outside of Detroit)

california looooooovvvvveee!!! :rolleyes:

you seriously think Texas' economy is bigger than California's because of this stat?

:doh: :wall: :mad: :rolleyes:

No but it makes it more important.

:doh: :wall: :mad: :rolleyes:

Overall, the United States is the world's top economy followed by Japan, Germany, California [if it were broken out as a country], and France.

country/state and GDP (2005)

1 United States 8,708,870.00

2 Japan 4,395,083.00

3 Germany 2,081,202.00

4 California 1,621,843.00

5 France 1,410,262.00

6 United Kingdom 1,373,612.00

7 Italy 1,149,958.00

8 China 1,149,814.00

9 Brazil 760,345.00

10 Canada 612,049.00

Florida??? If you count holding old people, other than that, nothing but a vacation spot.

For the economy, probably California, just people of all the ports and big cities, espessially because they are closest to China.

For water and cherries, can't beat MICHIGAN, BIOTCHES :bench: :wall:

and the town I great up in. Go LB

I think thats really important that you can admit you're a gay man. That's totally cool with me. Because the only people that move to Florida are either retiring or gay. Enjoy key west! :lol:

Why I am responding is beyond me. What is the purpose of your personal attack here? You don't know me, you don't know my wife or kid and you have no idea where I live besides the SE Florida in my profile. I think what really amazes me is that there we are discussing this topic. Homeristic POV's are truly welcome and I admire that some still care enough about our country to defend their turf. Perhaps if I said I was a multi-racial mixed alien living in some foreign country intent on blowing your puny arse country off the map then you would befriend me? BTW - Key West is over rated (I guess I am too old now), but I love the central keys area.

If every state became it's own country, Texas no doubt would be the most powerful.

It has all the beef, chicken, fish, pork, fruits and veggies to sustain itself. Just about every crop imaginable is grown in Texas.

It has all kinds of oil and the ability to refine it. Some of the nation's biggest oil refineries are located in Texas, and one that will be the biggest is set to be completed soon in Southeast Texas.

Plus, we have Army, Navy and Air Force installations all over the place. Killeen is home to the world's largest army installation. We've got B-1 bombers and all kinds of other stuff. We don't have any huge Navy installations, though.

Our state could kick any other state's ass in a conventional war.

Which of those state's is least expendible?

It has to be Texas, due to the oil deposits and being the center of the nation's energy industry.

This nation would plod along just fine without Florida or New York. California ranks because it has so many focking people.

But this nation would be crippled without Texas.

Which of those state's is least expendible?

It has to be Texas, due to the oil deposits and being the center of the nation's energy industry.

This nation would plod along just fine without Florida or New York. California ranks because it has so many focking people.

But this nation would be crippled without Texas.

I'll flaunt my ignorance here: is there significant oil IN Texas or do they get it primarily from the gulf. Because, um, Texas doesn't own the gulf.

I'll flaunt my ignorance here: is there significant oil IN Texas or do they get it primarily from the gulf. Because, um, Texas doesn't own the gulf.

THAR'S OIL IN THEM THAR HILLS!!!

I didn't vote because they all suck. Only the midwest is important, the rest I don't really focking care about.

Frankly, I'd rather vote for Ontario.

I didn't vote because they all suck. Only the midwest is important, the rest I don't really focking care about.

Frankly, I'd rather vote for Ontario.

Hahaha, absolutely classic.

Only on FFToday do you see people claiming the armpit of America is most important.

Newsflash Voltaire, according to the rest of America the mid-west is an absolute crapper. I was born and spent half my life there so I know better then to believe this sack of rocks.

:wacko: